It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Aussie flag on car 'more racist'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieDingus
reply to post by Dark Ghost

And many of those who did come here from another country do try intergrate into Australian society, and even participate in Australia Day celerations, then get abused by idiotic flag-cape wearing bogans and told to 'get out', just because they look a little differently. And a lot of those people that came here from another country are more willing to work the jobs that these flag-cape wearing bogans class themselves as too good to do. Ironically, if you looked deep enough you'd probably find that these bogans are more than likely on the dole bludging off the tax payer, contributing nothinng to the country themselves while pointing the finger at those who do contribute but may of arrived at a later date or look different to them. And in another case of irony, a lot of those bogans that claim to have no money and need Centrelink assistance seem to find enough money to drape themselves hundreds of dollars of Australia Day merchandise, at taxpayer exspense.......hmmmmm ???

Really? To be honest with you I celebrate Australia Day and not once have I seen an African, Arab, or Asian at a celebratory occasion. And if they were there and they were being abused by a "cape wearing bogan" I would be sure to tell them what I thought of them.
Australia is a country big enough for everyone, BUT it doesn't excuse them from isolating themselves from celebrations etc.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Thats because you completely missed my point so i had to spell it out to you again. But those that defend racist mentalities are usully the most stupid of all, and everyone can see it but them

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Seriously, you have never seen one of those people you mention celebrating Australia Day..................wow, just wow. What bubble do you live in ??

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Dark Ghost

And many of those who did come here from another country do try intergrate into Australian society, and even participate in Australia Day celerations, then get abused by idiotic flag-cape wearing bogans and told to 'get out', just because they look a little differently. And a lot of those people that came here from another country are more willing to work the jobs that these flag-cape wearing bogans class themselves as too good to do. Ironically, if you looked deep enough you'd probably find that these bogans are more than likely on the dole bludging off the tax payer, contributing nothinng to the country themselves while pointing the finger at those who do contribute but may of arrived at a later date or look different to them. And in another case of irony, a lot of those bogans that claim to have no money and need Centrelink assistance seem to find enough money to drape themselves hundreds of dollars of Australia Day merchandise, at taxpayer exspense.......hmmmmm ???

Just because you call us Bogans doesnt mean your not racist.
You ARE racist
Im what australia is all about.
I have Scottish grandparents, grandparents from Transylvania and Hungery.
I have a uncle from Germany and an Aunty from Italy.
I have Aboriginal mates, Kiwi mates, I have mates from thailand and mates from england , Ireland
and America.
I am far from being racist but you are racist.

I hope you have a great Australia Day, because i am.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Jace26

Seriously, you have never seen one of those people you mention celebrating Australia Day..................wow, just wow. What bubble do you live in ??

No I'm not joking I've never seen an African, Asian, Islander, South American, Indian, or Arab celebrating Australia day. Everyone I see is a European, I never see anyone else celebrating it, see what I mean?
BTW I live in south-east QLD where there are large populations of these people.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed

Haha, calling someone a bogan has NOTHING to do with race or racism. Do you seriously need that explained to you ? Being called a bogan is usually in response to the ACTIONS and MENTALITIES of a bogan and bogan like behaviour, and those that try to defend being one. If you think thats racist then there is no hope for you or your mentality.But then again you think no Africans, Arabs etc particpate in Australian celebrations, well that says it all doesn't it

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Yes i see what your saying, but what i'm saying to you is, if you'd step out of the little bubble you seem to live in you'd see many of these people you mention celebrating, only for many to then be abused and told to get out. This bogan behaviour has actually scared and deterred many of the people you mention form participating as they feel threatened by doing so.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

And despite me not making one racist comment, you have twice called me a racist. And to use your words, those who scream out racist are usually the most racist. Your words just came back to sting you mate

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Haha, calling someone a bogan has NOTHING to do with race or racism. Do you seriously need that explained to you ?

YES i do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Being called a bogan is usually in response to the ACTIONS and MENTALITIES of a bogan and bogan like behaviour, and those that try to defend being one.

Some would also call you a racist and they would be right calling you that.

If you think thats racist then there is no hope for you or your mentality

OH YES there is, there is plenty of hope for me as i am no where near as racist as you.

.But then again you think no Africans, Arabs etc particpate in Australian celebrations, well that says it all doesn't it

How the hell did you come to draw such a conclusions???? I never once stated such things about arabs and africans.
Did you not read where my family are from.
Your racist and i dont think i like you at all

edit on 26-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: I cant spelll for s**t

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Maybe so, but have you been called a "dirty skip" in your own country by these people? Or have you seen the massive congregations of arabs and africans here? Have you seen how many of these people celebrate the country of ( ) national day here , when they should be celebrating Australia day.

One can spoil it for many, and in my case I have already made my own opinions about these people. And that is, they will never integrate.

I'd like to know where in the country you live, but I assure you its far different where I am.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

And despite me not making one racist comment, you have twice called me a racist. And to use your words, those who scream out racist are usually the most racist. Your words just came back to sting you mate

Technically he is correct, you did use a racist word. "Bogan" is used to denigrate European people in a similiar way as "chink" is to an Asian person

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Sorry Woz, the African, Arab etc comment was meant for Jace but i replied to the wrong person. My apologies on that one !
But you have also accused me of being racist, despite me not making ONE single racist comment and i challenge you to produce one single racist comment i've made being backed up by the definition of racism !
And please remember that calling someone a bogan does NOT fall under racism, and if you think it does then you've just done in your own arguement. And i dont care if you like me or not, its a discussion board related to the topic, not a popularity contest. And yes i did see your family background, and with someone with such a diverse background history i'm actually appalled that you have the mentality you do

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

I'm referring to the Australian meaning of the word bogan which i think even you must know what is meant by it in its Australian context. And boagn is NOT a racist term, please get that into you head. It may be classed as a stereotype at most, but so is referring to people from other countries coming here and "not intergrating" when that is clearly not always the case !

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

And please remember that calling someone a bogan does NOT fall under racism, and if you think it does then you've just done in your own arguement.

Actually like I said before it does. Calling a European a bogan is similiar to calling an Asian a chink. If you think it doesn't then you've just done in your own arguement.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Yes it is, Bogan is a racist term used for white Australians (which in my opinion are the only Australians since all other races hate the country). The stereotype of a bogan is a white guy or girl who hurls abuse at foreigners and wears an Australian flag as a cape.
I would like you to stop using that word. Cheers

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Sorry Woz, the African, Arab etc comment was meant for Jace but i replied to the wrong person. My apologies on that one !

Apologies excepted.

But you have also accused me of being racist, despite me not making ONE single racist comment and i challenge you to produce one single racist comment i've made being backed up by the definition of racism !
And please remember that calling someone a bogan does NOT fall under racism, and if you think it does then you've just done in your own arguement.

I dont agree, i think calling anyone a name can be a racist comment.

And i dont care if you like me or not, its a discussion board related to the topic, not a popularity contest.

I like YOU. But i just dont agree with you on this debate, thats all mate.

And yes i did see your family background, and with someone with such a diverse background history i'm actually appalled that you have the mentality you do

Dont be appalled by me, im only stating my thoughts and ideas.
Im a child of this world and it doesnt matter what colour race or religion you are i will still love and respect you just as long as you respect me too.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo2
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I agree that there is nothing wrong with that but Australia Day is cultural sensitive to the aboriginal people of our country and it seems very few recognise this or even care.

I care.

and don't celebrate Australia Day. always good to have a day off though.

I think patriotism breeds contempt.

Oi Oi Oi is the catchphrase of idiots.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
Look, it might not dawn on you now or for the rest of your life, but the growing number of people who look at a flag and think: "how could my parents be so dense?" do understand.

A lot of issues in the world will wade away once everyone accepts they are part of the human race and the entire planet. Not just a small plot of land they drew a flag for, a flag for which so many die and so many are sacrificed..a piece of cloth that messes up the nerves of so many...

And don't tell me it's not the cloth that matters, "it's the idea behind it..."

Then tell me, what the hell do Australians have to be proud of? Sports
? And are we talking anglo-saxon Australians? The descendants of criminals? Their slaughtering of the native, original Australians? What is it that you are specifically proud of? Vague answers have been dealt with above.

I think that is the point of the sociologist you're missing.

As an Australian, I don't think Aussie pride has anything to do with celebrating that we're better than everyone else... Aussies just aren't like that..!!

What AU Day means to me and most of the people I know, has nothing to do with Australia is better, Australians are better humans than other countries..

It is Pride in having a built a beautiful place for everyone who lives here (black, white, asian, arabic, whatever)... It is pride in our homeland, pride in our achievments (not what we have achieved that others havn't)... It is pride in the beauty of our landscape... The bush, the deserts, the mountains.

We celebrate AU day in mush the same way as anone else celebrates the birth of their own nations. This day is for all Aussies...!!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen

I agree that there is nothing wrong with that but Australia Day is cultural sensitive to the aboriginal people of our country and it seems very few recognise this or even care.

I care.

Good on you, have your day off, that really says alot about you.

I think patriotism breeds contempt

I think people commenting on things that they dont know about breeds contempt.

Oi oi oi isnt a catch phrase for idiots,
You and your comments seem to come from an idiot
edit on 26-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WozaMeathed

Originally posted by lifecitizen

I care.

Good on you, have your day off, that really says alot about you.

I think patriotism breeds contempt

I think people commenting on things that they dont know about breeds contempt.

Oi oi oi isnt a catch phrase for idiots,
You and your comments seem to come from an idiot

lol. why wouldnt I enjoy a day off
I worked the last few public holidays though if that makes you feel any better

I live in Australia- that makes me eligiible to comment in this thread. sorry my opinion didnt go down too well.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join