It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Aussie flag on car 'more racist'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen

Originally posted by WozaMeathed

Originally posted by Indigo2
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I agree that there is nothing wrong with that but Australia Day is cultural sensitive to the aboriginal people of our country and it seems very few recognise this or even care.

I care.

and don't celebrate Australia Day. always good to have a day off though.

Oi Oi Oi is the catchphrase of idiots.

Good on you, have your day off, that really says alot about you.

I think patriotism breeds contempt

I think people commenting on things that they dont know about breeds contempt.

Oi oi oi isnt a catch phrase for idiots,
You and your comments seem to come from an idiot
edit on 26-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

lol. why wouldnt I enjoy a day off

Enjoy it but dont you dare have a go at us that have a day off too, you have NO RIGHT to call us Idiots you Idiot.
See how that works ???????? Idiot.........................

I worked the last few public holidays though if that makes you feel any better

No it doesnt.

I live in Australia- that makes me eligiible to comment in this thread. sorry my opinion didnt go down too well.

No it doesnt.
You might live here BUT ARE YOU AUSTRALIAN????????????????????????????????
If you say no, well then you cant comment

PS

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I agree that there is nothing wrong with that but Australia Day is cultural sensitive to the aboriginal people of our country and it seems very few recognise this or even care.

I care.

I think patriotism breeds contempt.

You wouldn't say that publicly, so why say it on here?
Australia is one if not the most patriotic country on earth so you will find little support here or in the mainstream community. Australia day should be a day of national reflection of our past achievements so it seems you are quite the opposite, you instead view it as a national reflection of our worst achievements (What does that say about you?)

Oi Oi Oi is actually the catchphrase used by English miners in the UK in the early 19th century. Through British migration that slang became famous for its use by Australians. Still used even to this day.
If you hate Australia so much then you can pick a much lovelier country;
Pick your choice:
A: Iran (As a woman you will enjoy no rights and live a life barred from social contact)
B: China (Work as a slave for slave money, sounds fitting for you)
C: Somalia (Have your female genetalia removed and forced to "service" rebel soldiers)

Oh yes, Australia is terrible isn't it?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

"everyone should think their race/country is superior" Do us a favour. As most people do not think like you, when people say they aren't racists they are not liars thank you very much.

You are just a racist..

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I care.

Enjoy it but dont you dare have a go at us that have a day off too, you have NO RIGHT to call us Idiots you Idiot.

No it doesnt.

I live in Australia- that makes me eligiible to comment in this thread. sorry my opinion didnt go down too well.

No it doesnt.

LOL Im sorry who did I have a go at here? I certainly didnt single you out and call you an idiot, thats what you have chosen to read into my comments somehow.

yes, Im Australian.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ploppy

Professor Farida Fozdar has a funny name you aren't familiar with, eh caveman? Go back then to your sticks and bone whistles, there are alot of funny names here now and they are not going away.

What? How dare you falsely imply that I once made fun of the professors name? You are a disgrace for making straight up lies about me!

You proclaiming to the professor the old crusty 'You're a disgrace" sounds too much like the beer soaked BS 'it's un-AUSTRAAAYAN MAAATE!" and deserves to be taken about as seriously as the slanderous whitewash of a dribbling bogan struggling under the weight of his own convictions. It makes poor reading on this day especially.

No you have it wrong. Your complete garbage, tripe and clearly wrong statements makes poor reading on this day!. Your writing shows a complete lack of any decent formal education. Hmmmmmm again, You are a disgrace! And again I don't care what you think about that phrase. The only one coming off as a bogan is you!

'National pride' is an idiotic concept in my opionion, that the entire world should do away with it as soon as possible.

You are the only one who is idiotic and well as obviously uneducated not National pride. We need more National Pride, Not less!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26

I care.

I think patriotism breeds contempt.

You wouldn't say that publicly, so why say it on here?
Australia is one if not the most patriotic country on earth so you will find little support here or in the mainstream community. Australia day should be a day of national reflection of our past achievements so it seems you are quite the opposite, you instead view it as a national reflection of our worst achievements (What does that say about you?)

Oi Oi Oi is actually the catchphrase used by English miners in the UK in the early 19th century. Through British migration that slang became famous for its use by Australians. Still used even to this day.
If you hate Australia so much then you can pick a much lovelier country;
Pick your choice:
A: Iran (As a woman you will enjoy no rights and live a life barred from social contact)
B: China (Work as a slave for slave money, sounds fitting for you)
C: Somalia (Have your female genetalia removed and forced to "service" rebel soldiers)

Oh yes, Australia is terrible isn't it?

wow so many accusations against me from one post.

how do you know what I would say publically ? LOL Im noone famous so I really dont opportunites to give my opinion publically

I didnt come here for support btw- just sayin'. Im entitled to my opinion.

Australia Day is different things to different people- please dont try and say what it is about for anyone other than yourself and how others should view it.

What makes you think I hate Australia LOL- talk about a whole post at putting words in someones mouth! to the contrary I love it here

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

I used the Oi phrase in this thread for mood. Generally I do not use it. But if the reader does use it well indeed you have called them an idiot. Are you in denial or a liar? Well you did say it! Like the professional in the link in the OP your comment is a disgrace and racially vilifying.

link   

I care.

No it doesnt.

No it doesnt.

LOL Im sorry who did I have a go at here? I certainly didnt single you out and call you an idiot, thats what you have chosen to read into my comments somehow.

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when i said oi oi oi, and you called oi oi oi a catchphrase for idiots,,,,,,,,,,,well then it was directed at me, only an idiot would think differently.

yes, Im Australian.

Well start acting like one instead of the racist thing you seem to be

link   
reply to post by Jace26

You just don't get it do you. And you'd like me to stop using the word bogan because it obviously hits a little to close to home for you and you unbelievable stance of actualy defending bogans and their behaviour. But people like yourself tend to wear the title of bogan as a badge of honour and try to defend bogan like behaviour. And while bogans, and those that defend them continue to exist, i WILL continue to use the word bogan, because the truth hurst some times. And its only the bogans who cant see that its not a compliment, but rather an observation based on their own behaviour !
This will be my last response to you as you're clearly incable of having a discussion as you're to caught up in your own bubble and your own point of view.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I agree though. You posted one thing and everyone howled down at you. But you have to realise Australians are a very patriotic people who do not take kindly to people who "refuse" to participate in our national events.
Your comments on the "Oi Oi Oi" chant ARE distasteful whether you realise it or not and compared to ther national chants like "USA USA USA", lets face it ours is a much better one.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

I don't defend bogans, but its the stereotype that comes along with it that has made it into (technically) a racially villifying word used against white Australians. This you cannot deny.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Wozameathed I didnt see you say oi oi oi.

I havent read the whole bickering thread in its entirety. I read the OP and then commented on a post that I wanted to reply to.

ofgs grow up. so I dont celebrate Australia Day, I have no clue how you equate that with being racist LOL.

edit on 26-1-2012 by lifecitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I agree though. You posted one thing and everyone howled down at you. But you have to realise Australians are a very patriotic people who do not take kindly to people who "refuse" to participate in our national events.
Your comments on the "Oi Oi Oi" chant ARE distasteful whether you realise it or not and compared to ther national chants like "USA USA USA", lets face it ours is a much better one.

distasteful LOL, grow a pair will ya and grow up too.

who said anything about comparing our chant to anyone elses LOL. but now you say it the USA USA USA is for idiots too
(insert greenday haha) - they both denote blind patriotism.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
As a descendant of Indigenous Australians, free white settlers and more recent non-anglo immigrants, I have seen things from all perspectives. (Sorry I can't boast convict roots)

I'm proud to be Australian and of the great things we have achieved, I'm also embarrassed by the things we haven't done so well.

I believe people should celebrate Australia day in whatever form they wish, I have friends and family who go out party and flag wave, I have friends and family who stay in and reflect on 'Survival day' (I personally don't take part in either, I'm just happy to have the free day off work)

My only question is why do we have to celebrate it on the 26th January? Judging by what I've heard in the lead up to the holiday this week and listening to local radio etc, most people don't know that the Australia day celebration falls on the day of the first fleet arrival (on an event that happened when we were still just an outpost of Britain)
Maybe if we choose another day with more meaning to today's Australians, then everyone can feel good about it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Wozameathed I didnt see you say oi oi oi.

I havent read the whole bickering thread in its entirety. I read the OP and then commented on a post that I wanted to reply to.

ofgs grow up. so I dont celebrate Australia Day, I have no clue how you equate that with being racist LOL.

edit on 26-1-2012 by lifecitizen because: (no reason given)

Wozameathed was just commenting on your comment that you made about the "Oi Oi Oi" chant. Which I think any Australian would find uncalled for.

Let me sum this thread up for you then;
Racist flag wearing bogans
Aborigines
Immigration
Something to do with DNA?
Australian patriotism

You might not celebrate Australia day, and thats fine if thats your choice. But you should show pride in this country whatever way you do that by.

As for the "racist" comment I have no idea?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

The scary thing is that for a women you have a bigger pair of nuts then us guys.
You are a racist , you are sexist and you are pathetic

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

It is NOT a racial term ! That is just your distorted opinion of it. Is calling someone a westie a racial term, is calling someone a city slicker a racial term.....NO ! The Australian version of bogan is usually in reference to bogan like beahviour, such as draping yourself in an Aussie falg and telling people to get out even when some of those people may of actually been born here too, but may look a little differently. If you want to keep going down this road of mistaking it for racism, then i'll just referring back to this point. A point that seems to keep going over your head so you can accuse others of being racist, despite defending the very people you claim to dislike.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

who said anything about comparing our chant to anyone elses LOL. but now you say it the USA USA USA is for idiots too
(insert greenday haha) - they both denote blind patriotism.

?!!?!?!
So after just being nice to you this is your response!!
Oh ffs if you don't like Australia then look at my previous comment pick a country and # off there.

I compared the chant to show you just how much better ours (or should I say mine since your not an Australian)
is compared to other countries.
Blind patriotism?
The youth of today are a million times more respectful towards those who have come before us including the indigenous and servicemen compared to your generation.
Australians don't have blind patriotism because if we did we wouldn't be so interested in foreign things ie, foreign movies, foreign books, foreign celebrities, foreign cuisine, etc
I think your the one with the problem here.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

I used the Oi phrase in this thread for mood. Generally I do not use it. But if the reader does use it well indeed you have called them an idiot. Are you in denial or a liar? Well you did say it! Like the professional in the link in the OP your comment is a disgrace and racially vilifying.

another proud Aussie.

If you re read my posts you will see that I said I didnt read the whole thread, I didnt see anyone say oi oi oi. I came up with that idea all by myself!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

Okay fine whatever, can we get off that topic now, please?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join