It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Aussie flag on car 'more racist'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I can only tell you my experience of the this word being used.
I clearly remember people of Irish and British background using it to describe people of same background, but based on what they were wearing or how they behaved.
Where I grew up bogan was never that serious of a word, and it never implied ethnic background.

I suppose you think the term "Pommy Bas^&**" is not a racially offensive term as well? Not telling asking?

I've only ever heard that term used by an Englishman towards another Englishman.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
These threads always amaze me as the OP's post the topic of the week, the weekly inflamer Your armchair comando logic wreaks of malcontentedness, as your disturbed mentalities spew venom all over the net. Your anonymity brings you that smug contenance of superiority and correctness. You stand for nothing, and flip flop decisiveness speaks volumes of your real agenda, and that is to see everyone around you unhappy and living in agression. The latest fad liberalism thought of the day always your mantra. Well get this.............. there are people who have pride in the work and sacrifice that their forebearers endured in the building of their countries might, and they acknowledge and are rightly proud. To submit and espouse that an Aussie or American, or an Anything is raceist, is pure mouthboogie, and it's value apparent. As has been said for the last couple decades, and is still true today, you need to wander out of your basements or attics and breath some fresh air, and do something with your life that is productive to humanity, not tear down. In other words, as they say....'get a life' This OP gave a 'view' of the agressive stance of others, yet the outcome quickly descended into argument mode. I really need to take my own suggestion and stop participating in all this negative indulgence. I'v been TV free since 2006, perhaps I should include the internet as well for my mental health. In fact, as occasionally interesting as ATS is, I believe the negativity far outweigs any sort of possative contributions to my life. See ya, I'm out'a here, I can't say it wasn't without it's possative moments and topics, but it far outweighs any contributions towards the betterment of my fellow human neighbor..
edit on 26-1-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

BTW you do like to call British POMs...don’t you think that is also rude, not racist but rude?

Being half British I know it is rude and racist. I have beaten the living crap out of many people for calling me a "half caste" pommy ******* and have triumphed every time without fail! Then some idiot tells me it is not racist but tradition to insult people from England with that term. Guess what i am the one always standing!
edit on 26-1-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I just think we are being ridiculous in identifying eachothers differences rather than being grateful of our similarities. As for the differences - if we were all the same this would be a boring country.

I think you know I wasn't beig rude in making my point that we all use words which one person or another finds offensive, without seeing that they're just harmless, benign words if we refuse to let them mean anything.

I'm proud to be a boganwoghomo today but I misplaced my flag.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
These threads always amaze me as the OP's post the topic of the week, the weekly inflamer Your armchair comando logic wreaks of malcontentedness, as your disturbed mentalities spew venom all over the net. Your anonymity brings you that smug contenance of superiority and correctness. You stand for nothing, and flip flop decisiveness speaks volumes of your real agenda, and that is to see everyone around you unhappy and living in agression. The latest fad liberalism thought of the day always your mantra. Well get this.............. there are people who have pride in the work and sacrifice that their forebearers endured in the building of their countries might, and they acknowledge and are rightly proud. To submit and espouse that an Aussie or American, or an Anything is raceist, is pure mouthboogie, and it's value apparent. As has been said for the last couple decades, and is still true today, you need to wander out of your basements or attics and breath some fresh air, and do something with your life that is productive to humanity, not tear down. In other words, as they say....'get a life'

What a load of off topic BS. According to that logic everyone on ATS needs to "Get a life". What a "Fair Dinkum" Disgrace!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

It is NOT racist and you have done nothing to prove it is but give your own distorted opinion based on you mis-interpretation of the word bogan, and going by your mentality here, it seems to be a word that you fit into the category of. It is people like you with your attitudes and behaviour that is why racism exists in the first place, but when people use a slang term to describe people like you, you have no other fall back but to try and play the race card. The real racism in this case are the bogans that have the attitude and behaviour of going up to someone on Australia Day and telling them to get out of the country , purely because they may look different, despite possibly being born in this country. Your ignorance on this subject is mind blowing and it actually sickens me that you call yourself a fellow Australian. And i will repeat, the term bogan is NOT racist, regardless of how amny times you want to reply trying to convince yourself it is !

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Happy australia day everyone!!

(lets keep the secrets and lies hidden en.wikipedia.org... )

australia is a laughing stock at the moment.

prime minister? a terrified woman hugging a bodyguard ?

(happy invasion day.)
edit on 26-1-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I have been called POM a few times and can say it makes my blood boil. I usually settle it by asking the person who is calling me a pommy their surname, they usually then reply with a surname which is clearly of British origin. I then give my surname which is Irish and say…now who’s the POM, its good to see the expression when the tables are turned

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

Are you a sandwich short? It is not about whether these peoples attitudes are right, wrong or obnoxious. That is another debate altogether. It is about that the word Bogan is used in a negative context in reference to certain race. It is used to insult people and therefore racist. The quality of your education has to be questioned. Really I am so sure that your parents and teachers are so proud of your profound lack of comprehension. I only returned the favour from you with that comment!

It is blindingly obvious you have put the horse blinkers up and don't want see that using term is racist. Why? because you have obviously used the term in a negative way and do not want to face reality you have acted in a racial manner. Which is actually good in some ways because it shows you do not like racism and do not want to be a part of it. The Ostrich with the head in the sand if you will. You would rather be in denial about it.

The real racism in this case are the bogans that have the attitude and behaviour of going up to someone on Australia Day and telling them to get out of the country , purely because they may look different, despite possibly being born in this country. Your ignorance on this subject is mind blowing and it actually sickens me that you call yourself a fellow Australian

Firstly I am a better and much more enlightened and educated Aussie than you could dream to be! Secondly I am not saying SOME (NOT ALL) people YOU describe as bogans do not act in a racist way but you have based you decision of not being racist based of some retaliatory sort action that is reactive to the way they have behaved and have justified your "non racist" opinion based off that. In other words its OK because you see them worse than me. Racist again.

You would be so beaten in a court of law

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
On the subject of words that may offend, did you know the word sheela was of Irish origin?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
Happy australia day everyone!!

(lets keep the secrets and lies hidden en.wikipedia.org... )

australia is a laughing stock at the moment.

prime minister? a terrified woman hugging a bodyguard ?

(happy invasion day.)
edit on 26-1-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

We give them education, what more do they want.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
I have been called POM a few times and can say it makes my blood boil. I usually settle it by asking the person who is calling me a pommy their surname, they usually then reply with a surname which is clearly of British origin. I then give my surname which is Irish and say…now who’s the POM, its good to see the expression when the tables are turned

The stupid thing is most Australians don't even know where the word Pom actually came from ......... Land of ............. Bahahhah. Ignorance is so funny. I would love to see the Google logs of the morons who actually had to research that after being on this page! Maybe those people will have to think about whether they actually understand the racial insult before they deliver it!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

It is more than evident that it is you with the blinkers on, and you keep proving that by trying to claim bogan is somehow a racist term, which it is NOT. Yet you seem to defend those with the "Aussie pride" mantra going around telling people to "get out of my country" when some of the victims of this were actually born here. Yet you seem to take no issue with this attitude and behaviour, yet when you little buddies get called the bogans they clearly are, you still try to play the racism card. Wow, you're not just a sandwich short, you're missing the whole picnic basket ! But you just continue on with your ignorant bogan like attitude and behaviour and point the racism finger at anyone that uses the word bogan. Talk about missing the point. And i'll repeat, the word bogan is NOT racist, and you'd think someone posting a thread on ATS would at least understand what Deny Ignorance meant. So stop getting so wroked up about the word bogan and focus your energies into the real racism in this country, a racism that people like you seem to want to defend

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
It's Australia day soon. Some like to drape themselves in the flag or plaster it everywhere. It is just something we do here. It's called "Aussie Pride"! Some even like to put the "Southern Cross" stickers on their car. But yet some moron sociologist and anthropologist named Professor Farida Fozdar (obviously racist against the bulk of Australians and has the IQ of a house brick) tells us it is racist to be proud of our country around late January (our Summer time).

I know Americans feel this hurt when certain groups complain about the "USA USA USA" chants. Which I personally don't find offensive or aggressive in any capacity. Just people showing patriotic pride.

So to these academics and the aboriginals that call it "Invasion Day" I give yo the famous Aussie saying "Go & Get stuffed!" It's our day let us enjoy it! "Aussie Pride". Farida you know where you can jam your fake, forged and grossly wrong statistics! You disgrace!

www.couriermail.com.au...

the truth is it is actually invasion day. It is celebration the settlement of the british who in the last 200 years have slaughted 30000 aboriginals and thousands lost through the lost generation years.

You cant take away from the facts.

Your day is about A bunch of convicts coming to a country at the ass end of the world to celebrate there invasion and the killings of so many innocent people.

but flying your Australian flag around is not racist and who ever finds it racist is a moron. I agree with you there.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It's Australia day soon. Some like to drape themselves in the flag or plaster it everywhere. It is just something we do here. It's called "Aussie Pride"! Some even like to put the "Southern Cross" stickers on their car. But yet some moron sociologist and anthropologist named Professor Farida Fozdar (obviously racist against the bulk of Australians and has the IQ of a house brick) tells us it is racist to be proud of our country around late January (our Summer time).

I know Americans feel this hurt when certain groups complain about the "USA USA USA" chants. Which I personally don't find offensive or aggressive in any capacity. Just people showing patriotic pride.

So to these academics and the aboriginals that call it "Invasion Day" I give yo the famous Aussie saying "Go & Get stuffed!" It's our day let us enjoy it! "Aussie Pride". Farida you know where you can jam your fake, forged and grossly wrong statistics! You disgrace!

www.couriermail.com.au...

The Aboriginals have been here for over 40,000 years and then some white men came along and invaded their land, so calling it "Invasion Day" is correct.

"Go and Get Stuffed"? that's the typical, simple, and classless way of talking that makes Australia look like a joke to the rest of the world. I can't stand that put on "Crocodile Dundee" way of talking, it makes you come across as a redneck.

Seeing all these people with the Aussie flag on their car or in their front yard makes them look racist. The same goes for the Americans who do it. Patriotism is nothing more than racism in disguise. It shouldn't matter what country you're from, we all live on the same planet don't we?

By the way I'm Australian as well, and I think it's a pretty good place to live, but I don't feel the need to shove a flag in your face and talk like a redneck to prove it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieDingus

It is more than evident that it is you with the blinkers on, and you keep proving that by trying to claim bogan is somehow a racist term, which it is NOT. Yet you seem to defend those with the

"Aussie pride" mantra going around telling people to "get out of my country"
when some of the victims of this were actually born here. Yet you seem to take no issue with this attitude and behaviour, yet when you little buddies get called the bogans they clearly are, you still try to play the racism card. Wow, you're not just a sandwich short, you're missing the whole picnic basket ! But you just continue on with your ignorant bogan like attitude and behaviour and point the racism finger at anyone that uses the word bogan. Talk about missing the point. And i'll repeat, the word bogan is NOT racist, and you'd think someone posting a thread on ATS would at least understand what Deny Ignorance meant. So stop getting so wroked up about the word bogan and focus your energies into the real racism in this country, a racism that people like you seem to want to defend

Oh Jeez you are hilarious and so easily beaten.

Yet you seem to defend those with the "Aussie pride" mantra going around telling people to "get out of my country" when some of the victims of this were actually born here. Yet you seem to take no issue with this attitude and behaviour, yet when you little buddies get called the bogans they clearly are, you still try to play the racism card

Oh Jeez again it is not about what they say or do. Sounds like revenge on your part. Read my last post and I quote

Secondly I am not saying SOME (NOT ALL) people YOU describe as bogans do not act in a racist way

I was not defending anybody's actions. Yet you resort to calling me the B card. Your words are proven lies. I never justified racist actions by anyone. Your whole credibility is gone. You make up lies about people. Proven. To late to edit your post I have added it here!

But you just continue on with your ignorant bogan like attitude

There you go again with your racist attitude again when I am clearly more educated than you will ever be! You Racist!. Maybe this needs to be bought up on "A current affair"

a racism that people like you seem to want to defend

Now that is pure comedy! You are the biggest Racist on this thread which I have proven more than once already. What racism have I defended?. I personally have not an Australian Flag on my car ever but I do not believe if you wanted to you are racist in any capacity which is what the thread was alluding to! Are you saying placing an Australian flag on your car is racist? Well I watched a story on Channel 9 about an Iraqi Man who emigrated here and he placed an Aussie flag on his car. Is he racist?

I have soundly beaten you in this debate and proven with logic (despite what your pride and uneducated mindset may have you believe) that using the word Bogan is a negative and stereotypical comment designed to insult large numbers of the Australian community of Irish/British decent.

What you need to remember is no matter what the people you call Bogans (Repeat YOU call not ME) have done wrong in your mind TWO WRONGS NEVER MAKE A RIGHT! It seems you justify your racist comments as some sort of revenge for what you see they have done. This is proven by your comments like

"Aussie pride" mantra going around telling people to "get out of my country"

Anyone who is not in denial and not too scared to admit bogan is a racist term for personal fear of labeling themselves racist will see the logic in the previous post.

Done playing with you and have proven you wrong. Denial Denial Denial!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
From an American: Go Aussie Pride!!!! Screw that one world liberal nonsense of racism.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Beast Of Gevaudan

Patriotism is nothing more than racism in disguise.

Now that is redneck! True Patriotism is pride in your country. It is not trying to put anyone down in any way despite what you may think! So in the words of Donk on Crocodile Dundee. Hey Redneck "Get Stuffed"!

You asked for that one with your post Bahahhahah!

The Aboriginals have been here for over 40,000 years and then some white men came along and invaded their land, so calling it "Invasion Day" is correct.

OK if you feel that way give back any land you own to the aboriginals?. How about forcing your parents to hand back the family home to the local aboriginal tribe? Yeah I think not! Just blowing smoke!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Beast Of Gevaudan

Patriotism is nothing more than racism in disguise.

Now that is redneck! True Patriotism is pride in your country. It is not trying to put anyone down in any way despite what you may think! So in the words of Donk on Crocodile Dundee. Hey Redneck "Get Stuffed"!

You asked for that one with your post Bahahhahah!

OK if you feel that way give back any land you own to the aboriginals?. How about forcing your parents to hand back the family home to the local aboriginal tribe? Yeah I think not! Just blowing smoke!

I love Australia, but I also love Canada, Malta and other countries. There are many fascinating and beautiful places out there. I don't feel the need to talk like Mick Dundee and wave a flag around just because I'm Australian.

Regarding the Aboriginals, I'm not blowing smoke, just stating a fact.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Australia day always brings out the dickheads and like every other country on the planet Australia has many.
These dickheads stick flags on their cars because they are dickheads just like american flag waving dickheads.
Aboriginal dickheads then drive around looking for these white dickheads in order to have a blue.
It rained here this year and it seems dickheads don't like getting wet. good.
Think globally,we are all on this little space ship called earth for a very small amount of time.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join