It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Give The State of The Union Address!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by rogerstigers

I don't buy that they are exactly the same...

The federal loan program and the home ownership it provided worked fine for decades,
that is the truth. It was not until greed was allowed too pervert the system that we had
this catastrophe.

Neither party has stemed the rise of big government. In my eyes they are the same pizza with differant toppings (abusing metaphors is fun).

Big government does nothing. Government should be as close to the voters as possible (city, county, and state) and federal should be extremely limited. Anything else invites corruption and tyrrany.

So do you oppose the fact that tens of millions of people have become home owners
thanks to Federal loan programs? Prior to any of this mess, entire mortgages were paid
off all thanks to those policies... I do not approve of everything, but there are many cases
where it has done good, both my parents and myself included have benefited from the
student loan programs for another example...

Think you're missing the part where the Gov't doesn't actually have any money. The money it spends is that taken from the people. So the Govt didn't pay for your house or school, we did. You're welcome.

You're missing the point were all the money in the world is fake paper created by dead men...

And

Oh ya, you paid my mortgage and my student loan payments

you can return to your short bus and drive back to your chin bowl now,

edit on 25-1-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

It couldn't be that the GOP realizes that the more they destroy the government, the more
they can criticize the government???

Gee, I must be an f ing genius over here...

Cloward Piven, an obscure political premise promoted by FOX since 2010

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Looks like Mr. Obama likes to repeat himself in his SOTU addresses.

www.weeklystandard.com...

Obama 2010: "It's time for colleges and universities to get serious about cutting their own costs.

Obama 2012: "Colleges and universities have to do their part by working to keep costs down."

Obama 2010: "And we should continue the work by fixing our broken immigration system."

Obama 2011: "I strongly believe that we should take on, once and for all, the issue of illegal immigration."

Obama 2012: "I believe as strongly as ever that we should take on illegal immigration."

Obama 2010: "We face a deficit of trust."

Obama 2012: "I've talked tonight about the deficit of trust . . ."

Obama 2010: "We can't wage a perpetual campaign."

Obama 2012: "We need to end the notion that the two parties must be locked in a perpetual campaign."

The good news is that after a couple years these sorts of speeches begin to write themselves.

There is a video at the link, if you are interested.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

The federal loan program and the home ownership it provided worked fine for decades,
that is the truth. It was not until greed was allowed too pervert the system that we had
this catastrophe.

Neither party has stemed the rise of big government. In my eyes they are the same pizza with differant toppings (abusing metaphors is fun).

Big government does nothing. Government should be as close to the voters as possible (city, county, and state) and federal should be extremely limited. Anything else invites corruption and tyrrany.

So do you oppose the fact that tens of millions of people have become home owners
thanks to Federal loan programs? Prior to any of this mess, entire mortgages were paid
off all thanks to those policies... I do not approve of everything, but there are many cases
where it has done good, both my parents and myself included have benefited from the

Yes, I do. You should never buy something that you do not have the means to pay for. Federal Loan programs led to people being made into slaves of debt. This is a personal pet peeve of mine. I grew up watching my family get brutalized by debt collectors and fall further and further into debt. Noone should live a life like that. I even fell down that rabbit hole for a while and have spent a decade clawing myself out of it. The federal guarantee programs just exacerbated the issue.

Student loans are even worse. better that the universities starve for students than we force millions of students into thousands of dollars into debt just for the CHANCE that they may get a decent job that MIGHT be able to pay off the loans eventually.

People say that we need high education to fill our tech jobs and be competative... I say we need companies to give a damn and actually try to teach people what they need to learn to do the jobs. The big corporations are taking the lazy way out and laying it all on the induvidual. If they want skilled labor, then the companies should go out and train people.
edit on 1-25-2012 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

It couldn't be that the GOP realizes that the more they destroy the government, the more

Actually its been in effect since its inception. For those who keep stating the left /right paradigm is a bunch of phooey,I would expect more people to realize this is where our Country is going.

Its funny how "obscure" is being thrown around nowadays,when all you have to see is the process being implemented.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

"And I'm requiring all companies that drill for gas on public lands to disclose the chemicals they use. America will develop this resource without putting the health and safety of our citizens at risk."

Disclosing something doesn't mean it will become healthy all of a sudden. What about banning hazardous chemicals instead?

"When you put on that uniform, it doesn't matter if you're black or white; Asian or Latino; conservative or liberal; rich or poor; gay or straight."

Because when you are cannon fodder for the banks, you all bleed red.

"But if election-year politics keeps Congress from acting on a comprehensive plan, let's at least agree to stop expelling responsible young people who want to ... defend this country. Send me a law that gives them the chance to earn their citizenship. I will sign it right away."

Foreign mercenaries? Yes we can!

"New lightweight vests for cops and soldiers that can stop any bullet."

Yay more powerful cops to enforce NDAA!

"I'm proposing a Veterans Job Corps that will help our communities hire veterans as cops and firefighters, so that America is as strong as those who defend her."

Because more cops with PTSD is all we need, right? Also NDAA.

And ain't it awesome that people can't clap at debates but the scum in congress can clap every time the puppet-in-chief opens his lying hole?

"My message is simple. It's time to stop rewarding businesses that ship jobs overseas, and start rewarding companies that create jobs right here in America."

Like GE off-shoring jobs to China from Wisconsin, right Obama? Or Apple?
Oh yeah I forgot, they don't count, they give you money.

Let's never forget: Millions of Americans who work hard and play by the rules every day deserve a Government and a financial system that do the same. It's time to apply the same rules from top to bottom: No bailouts, no handouts, and no copouts. An America built to last insists on responsibility from everybody.

Are you freaking serious? You are the biggest sellout to Wall Street ever! Your own people in your administration are criminals and are partly responsible for the economic crash! The people YOU APPOINTED.

Obama is such a disgusting lying bastard...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I see the president has given his 1st official campaign speech.Let's see:I killed OBL,Change,Hope,Kiss up to Military/Industrial complex,Fool the basses of both parties into thinking their votes will actually count.Throw in some buzz words about the economy and nation.Sounds like the same State Of The Union that everyone of the figureheads have given since LBJ.Fun and Games y'all nothing more and if our posters who so strongly believe in the two party illusion think anything is gonna change when they vote,they are fooling themselves.
edit on 123131p://5726 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

this catastrophe.

Yes, I do. You should never buy something that you do not have the means to pay for. Federal Loan programs led to people being made into slaves of debt. This is a personal pet peeve of mine. I grew up watching my family get brutalized by debt collectors and fall further and further into debt. Noone should live a life like that. I even fell down that rabbit hole for a while and have spent a decade clawing myself out of it. The federal guarantee programs just exacerbated the issue.

But for tens of Millions, it provided a home a real investment and ownership. What occurred in
2008 represents less than a 10th of the history of the program which served a genuine purpose
in society. My entire family has benefited from these things, we have paid for every cent
and been responsible. I think it is unfortunate you think Americans should be a nation of
renters, that notion is not very inspiring to say the least.

Student loans are even worse. better that the universities starve for students than we force millions of students into thousands of dollars into debt just for the CHANCE that they may get a decent job that MIGHT be able to pay off the loans eventually.

The thing is our universities will NOT starve, they will gladly take on Foreign students who will pay more.
In both cases it seems like you do not consider much more than your own opinion, such as the
millions of living examples who have benefited from these same things.

Do you know that America's status as the world leader and First world nation was intrinsically
linked to home ownership? In several complex mathematical models it has been proven...
The economic strength of any nation is also related to higher education, statistically and
practically speaking.

People say that we need high education to fill our tech jobs and be competative... I say we need companies to give a damn and actually try to teach people what they need to learn to do the jobs. The big corporations are taking the lazy way out and laying it all on the induvidual. If they want skilled labor, then the companies should go out and train people.
edit on 1-25-2012 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

I don't necessarily disagree with you here, but I think ensuring that America is a less educated
nation of renters is not a step in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

What do you expect from Obama?

Reality??

State of the UNICORN address........

edit on 25-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Actually its been in effect since its inception. For those who keep stating the left /right paradigm is a bunch of phooey,I would expect more people to realize this is where our Country is going.

Its funny how "obscure" is being thrown around nowadays,when all you have to see is the process being implemented.

OK, use your LOGIC cap for a second then

If I LOVE government, why would I make government look bad and give my opponents,
who HATE government fuel to better their argument?

Really?

If I want more government, it would make sense for me to engineer success, thus promoting
government.

Now,

If I HATE government, I would benefit by making government look as bad as possible
because it would help justify my ANTI GOVERNMENT POLICIES

Now, tell me where I'm wrong

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Reality??

I love that picture,

My Hero

You should see what comes out of his butt

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

this catastrophe.

Think you're missing the part where the Gov't doesn't actually have any money. The money it spends is that taken from the people. So the Govt didn't pay for your house or school, we did. You're welcome.

You're missing the point were all the money in the world is fake paper created by dead men...

And

Oh ya, you paid my mortgage and my student loan payments

you can return to your short bus and drive back to your chin bowl now,

You think it's funny that my labor paid for your house? I don't. Specifically because you're such an obvious commobmammie.

I'd love to meet you in real life

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Reality??

I love that picture,

My Hero

I'm sure you're waiting on pins and needles behind his anus.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

You think it's funny that my labor paid for your house? I don't. Specifically because you're such an obvious commobmammie.

Exactly, you pay my mortgage all the time don't you... Such a victim you are...
Let em see the receipts proving that you have paid a dime for anything I own.
I am so happy that you are so concerned with my business and liabilities, very
small government of you!

I would love to meet you too, we would have us some real fun.

Wear you chin strap and learn your 1-2-3s

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

The market is being superficially propped up by bailouts. This doesn't speak to Obama's competence as a prez ... like at all.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Reality??

I love that picture,

My Hero

I'm sure you're waiting on pins and needles behind his anus.

Not lately... But you are free to stand behind mine and I'll throw a couple treats your way.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

small government of you!

Wow.

You do understand how the tax system works, right? Maybe I'm assuming you're smarter than you really are. It's sort of reached the point that...

well...

Lets say it's 500 years ago. You and I are native american indians. It's time for us to go out and pass on to manhood and kill a bufallo. We go off together. Two days later I return. Without you. And the village elders stop for a moment and just... nod.

Then I go hook up with your sister who looks like Angelina Jolie.

Why?

Because you're an idiot.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

The market is being superficially propped up by bailouts. This doesn't speak to Obama's competence as a prez ... like at all.

The market is being propped by an entire system of fiat currency if you want to
get nitty gritty. So do you think Obama should have let the US banking industry
destroy the entire Global economy in one fell swoop? I think that most certainly
wouldn't speak to any level of competence either, however last I checked America
is hanging on, does his role earn him any ownership of that or only the negative?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

small government of you!

Wow.

You do understand how the tax system works, right? Maybe I'm assuming you're smarter than you really are. It's sort of reached the point that...

well...

Lets say it's 500 years ago. You and I are native american indians. It's time for us to go out and pass on to manhood and kill a bufallo. We go off together. Two days later I return. Without you. And the village elders stop for a moment and just... nod.

Then I go hook up with your sister who looks like Angelina Jolie.

Why?

Because you're an idiot.

You do understand that I assume the liability and associated cost for things that I
sign? But somehow you reckon you have paid for it, possibly because you have
drank too much from your own drool bowl, or banged your head on that mini bus
they roll you around on.

Have at it with my sister, "she's" got a massive pecker doesn't "she",
birth defects are a biotch

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Why don't you go ask the site owner Skeptic how lobbying works and the need for it and while your at it ask him how many congressman hes pays for.

So you are denying that the lobby funds political careers?

what is your point, Neo?

In a small Gov't America lobbyists would have no incentive to bribe politicians because the Gov't would not be in a position to dole out subsidies and regulations which favor big business/special interests.

Shrinking the size of Gov't really is the answer.

Monitoring and restraining corruption on a local level is much easier than on a central, federal level.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join