It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Give The State of The Union Address!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JOBEone
reply to post by Eurisko2012

In that case every president should only serve one term because, they all can not follow through with there promises. The president who ever they are do not have that kinda power. It is the government as a whole that is the problem. I'm not saying obama is the savior of the world or anything like that. I am just saying it was not all his fault. All the president's have not come through with some kinda promise that that told the nation they were going to do.

We need a president who puts out the truth.

When that happens we see unscripted standing ovations.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That was no state of the union address!

If anything all he did was use tax payer funded air time for a free prime time campaign ad.

I loved how everything he mentioned had a dual purpose, one to make ignorant people think he still cares, two to take every opportunity to slam Romney.

"Luxury yacht," as if the word "luxury" really needs to preceed the word "yacht"
As opposed to what Mr. President? An everyday casual yacht?

He's an effective speaker, but take away his teleprompter and he's truly hopeless.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

The Hope & Change has turned into a nightmare.

All of his actions have only made everything worse.

The National Debt is at nightmare proportions. $15 Trillion and rising.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Are you a Constitutional Lawyer Smart Guy ? Go look it up , It IS an Impeachable Offense . NASA is considered part of Our National Defense . ..........

I also would Point Out as another Impeachable Offense Obama's Blackmailing of BP over the Gulf Oil Spill . For the Public Record , this article Speaks for itself.........

www.americanthinker.com...
edit on 25-1-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Forgive me if i am wrong. My point is that the president is not the only one who calls the shots. Even if the president is lying or telling the truth or whatever good idea's that he might have, (be it right or left), some one on both sides makes it hard to make change happen. They want to add to a bill or take away from a bill to make it better in there minds. Which make's it very hard for the president (who ever they may be at the time) to make a change. IT IS THE WHOLE GOVERNMENTS FAULT FOR THING"S NOT CHANGING. If people think it was easy to make a change we would see more people running for president. The problem's we have today are not all do to one man. The only way that would be correct is if he had the power to to run this country any way he wanted with out him having to get everything approve, like a king.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

And who's fault was that? Bush starts two wars and cut millionaires taxes. Sheesh. Do you guys even read?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JOBEone

Forgive me if i am wrong. My point is that the president is not the only one who calls the shots. Even if the president is lying or telling the truth or whatever good idea's that he might have, (be it right or left), some one on both sides makes it hard to make change happen. They want to add to a bill or take away from a bill to make it better in there minds. Which make's it very hard for the president (who ever they may be at the time) to make a change. IT IS THE WHOLE GOVERNMENTS FAULT FOR THING"S NOT CHANGING. If people think it was easy to make a change we would see more people running for president. The problem's we have today are not all do to one man. The only way that would be correct is if he had the power to to run this country any way he wanted with out him having to get everything approve, like a king.

The POTUS is the one - signing - the bills.

He can veto if he wants to.

Obama just punted and let Pelosi and Reid run the nation into the ground with NO budget.

Obama is the Food Stamp President. He has added more people to the food stamp
program than any other president in history.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by averageGuy505

And who's fault was that? Bush starts two wars and cut millionaires taxes. Sheesh. Do you guys even read?

Obama has added $5 Trillion in only 3 years!

Obama = Government Gone Wild !

Thank God the GOP took control of the House in November 2010.

Obama called the November 2010 election a shellacking.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Pretty sure that hes not talking about normal people and hes talking about governments, who do respect America a lot more because of those 2 wars and how hard its stance is against fascist governments. If they didnt respect America they wouldnt rely on our military so much. Theres history of wars between these countries. Britain will always respect the U.S. for aiding them during the second World War. The U.S. will always respect Britain for its hard stance against Germany's fascism.

See, I dont think its one side over the other when it comes to why we went into Afghanistan and Iraq, why want to go to Iran. I think its a combination of the two. For instance, the most powerful governments will let you rule a country with fascism so long as you keep using their currency to make them rich. But then when you choose not to, they choose to throw you out of power as a result of a stock pile of negative things theyve uncovered about your country, which are true. Iran does have the potential to make WMD. Every country on Earth says so - even Iran. Its no secret. Its nothing like Iraq. But with what happened for instance with India yesterday, they will combine that with the fact Iran has the potential to develop WMD to use against the West and has now made the decision to not use their currency and so combine that with their countries ideology of hate and you have yourself every reason to invade them from the governments standpoint because the level of aggression keeps escalating and its not hard to predict where its heading. I personally dont care what reason they make for stating a case of war against these kinds of totalitarian countries. They should be stamped out of the world regardless. I dont care about big corporations and a huge secular government that has a lot of corrupt elements to it. We can internally fix these problems and the world we have created is worth living in. There are a lot worse things in life then money. It isnt everything. I like free speech and that I wont be executed for my lifestyle.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

i can respect your point of view, but the veto point goes for every past president as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
They stood and cheered a foreign nation and The Terrorist Within!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Yes, but will his investments pay off? You have to spend money to make money. Im not a genius when it comes to the economy but I will take my chances that this level headed president whose a pretty center-left politician can work with a huge team of financial advisers and get the economy headed in the right direction again. Some companys do fail - investments run out because theyre more expensive then as predicted - there are a lot of reasons. But he is on the right track - clean energy, human rights. He seems very authentic in his desire to do a good job as the President and when I look at the alternatives to him, the party that put us in the condition that were in, who is usually responsible for the kind of class warfare you see in Washington because they are too absolute on their decision to make life easier on the rich and screw the majority, and who are usually racists and bigots who want to deny minorities rights because of things like religion, I have no choice but to vote for Obama. Please give me a republican candidate thats not out of his mind and doesnt say crazy things and ill vote for him.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
All I got from obama was "Blah, blah, blah, rich people bad, blah, blah, class warfair, blah blah, Republicans bad, blah, blah, change will come, blah, blah, evil rich, blah, love me, blah."

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Why even watch then if youre just going to insult everything 100% based on your bias of the country? Whats the point? You know full well that before he even starts his speech youre going to accuse him of lying through his teeth on everything he says. Hes giving facts that can be researched and backed up. How are these lies?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe

Yes, but will his investments pay off? You have to spend money to make money. Im not a genius when it comes to the economy but I will take my chances that this level headed president whose a pretty center-left politician can work with a huge team of financial advisers and get the economy headed in the right direction again. Some companys do fail - investments run out because theyre more expensive then as predicted - there are a lot of reasons. But he is on the right track - clean energy, human rights. He seems very authentic in his desire to do a good job as the President and when I look at the alternatives to him, the party that put us in the condition that were in, who is usually responsible for the kind of class warfare you see in Washington because they are too absolute on their decision to make life easier on the rich and screw the majority, and who are usually racists and bigots who want to deny minorities rights because of things like religion, I have no choice but to vote for Obama. Please give me a republican candidate thats not out of his mind and doesnt say crazy things and ill vote for him.

Be careful what you wish for.

It's on the way.

Keep a close eye on February 2012. Hillary is on her way.

When her polling numbers blow away Newt, Romney,Santorum & Ron Paul, we
will have to pull a rabbit out of our hat as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

That is so crazy, that is the exact same thing we all have heard from every president, and i dare to say every person who run's for any public office! Thank you for the reminder.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
All I got from obama was "Blah, blah, blah, rich people bad, blah, blah, class warfair, blah blah, Republicans bad, blah, blah, change will come, blah, blah, evil rich, blah, love me, blah."

I heard blah, blah, blah.....( i really don't want to be president anymore).

My wife also hates Washington DC.

Get me out of here!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I heard blah, blah, blah.....( i really don't want to be president anymore).

My wife also hates Washington DC.

Get me out of here!

Haha seriously. I expected him to kick down the podium and yell out, "To show how little I care about class warfare I am resigning. Peace out!"

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Why even watch then if youre just going to insult everything 100% based on your bias of the country? Whats the point? You know full well that before he even starts his speech youre going to accuse him of lying through his teeth on everything he says. Hes giving facts that can be researched and backed up. How are these lies?

Huh? obamas been beating the class warfair drum for sometime now, so how am I insulting him by my reply? I watched his campain speech errr I mean State of the Union speech just to see how thick the BS he was going to spread. My bias of the country? I live here, he's done nothing for the country.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Huh? obamas been beating the class warfair drum for sometime now, so how am I insulting him by my reply? I watched his campain speech errr I mean State of the Union speech just to see how thick the BS he was going to spread. My bias of the country? I live here, he's done nothing for the country.

Thats because republicans wont go along with anything he says because hes a black democrat. Isnt that obvious to you? It was obvious from day 1. Obama is the ONLY candidate thats remotely close to bipartisan.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join