It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Give The State of The Union Address!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
More respected around the world? if anything it's at an all time low! I can barely watch this crap, hey Obama why don't you respect the law and constitution by showing up for your court date?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Looks like Mr. Obama likes to repeat himself in his SOTU addresses.

www.weeklystandard.com...

Obama 2010: "It's time for colleges and universities to get serious about cutting their own costs.

Obama 2012: "Colleges and universities have to do their part by working to keep costs down."

Obama 2010: "And we should continue the work by fixing our broken immigration system."

Obama 2011: "I strongly believe that we should take on, once and for all, the issue of illegal immigration."

Obama 2012: "I believe as strongly as ever that we should take on illegal immigration."

Obama 2010: "We face a deficit of trust."

Obama 2012: "I've talked tonight about the deficit of trust . . ."

Obama 2010: "We can't wage a perpetual campaign."

Obama 2012: "We need to end the notion that the two parties must be locked in a perpetual campaign."

The good news is that after a couple years these sorts of speeches begin to write themselves.

There is a video at the link, if you are interested.

Before, he didn't mean it.

This time, he really, REALLY, REALLY means it!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

A small fee on the largest financial institutions will ensure that it won't add to the deficit, and will give banks that were rescued by taxpayers a chance to repay a deficit of trust.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Pay back the deficit of trust? WHY NOT THE ACTUAL MONEY WE BAILED THEM OUT?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Do we even NEED a president anymore? The position is A) a scapegoat to place blame on, B) a puppet for TPTB, and C) a clown suit with no experience in real life (rather just a silver spooned douche bag that comes with entitlement to tax fraud while thinking you know what's best.)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lapislazuli

I totally agree. I heard his speech on the news this morning (pass me the sick bucket). How anyone can honestly buy into this BS is truly way behind common sense & intelligence.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I know! and people tend to go about their days thinking nothing of politics or the world issues, when this next presidency will be very important for everyone [young, old, etc.]. To me the choice is very obvious and I just cannot fathom how people are supporting obvious candidates who will continue the last administration. They are delusional.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

The Taliban’s momentum has been broken, and some troops in Afghanistan have begun to come home."

The people you are doing a peace deal with?

"Anyone who tells you otherwise, anyone who tells you that America is in decline or that our influence has waned, doesn’t know what they’re talking about. That’s not the message we get from leaders around the world, all of whom are eager to work with us."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Let there be no doubt: America is determined to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon, and I will take no options off the table to achieve that goal.

Translation : I promise to turn the middle-east into a glass parking lot, killing millions of people, causing oil prices to triple at least, I promise the deficit will go above 2 trillion and I promise that thousands of American soldiers are gonna get back to the US in wooden boxes!

Obama 2012, because war with Iran is so brilliant!
edit on 25-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
Obama Will Do NOTHING . The Man is a Consumate Liar . He does not Speak to the American Peoiple , he Speaks Down to them . An Arrogant Egotist with someone elses Agenda . He should have been Impeached right after the Lybian Fiasco ................

Impeached? Are you mentally impaired?

His predecessor started two wars for no damn reason, tripled the national debt and handed his successor a crashing economy, refused to help any of us on Main St. USA, and gave the Banks a $trillion bailout. And you think Obama should be impeached???

Mean while, Republicans in Congress publicly adopted the "no wins for Obama" strategy to insure the guy can't pass any of his ideas. Leaving intelligent folks wondering, for the first time if a competency test for all American voters is necessary as some idiots keep sending the guys who spent America into the poor house, attack countries who don't attack us, and declared war on the middle class back to the White House.

Unbelievable

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by averageGuy505

Here, here! Finally, a post which reflects the judgement of a sound mind. I believe most of the people who post the kind of insulting, ignorant things you see here are, in fact, mentally deranged. Either that, or they have only recently started to pay attention to politics (after recently graduating from high school) and have no idea how we've come to this point.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I have heard more solutions with specifics in this speech than I have in all GOP debates put together.

And yes, being an incumbant has it's perks...deal with it.

Obama Will Do NOTHING . The Man is a Consumate Liar . He does not Speak to the American Peoiple , he Speaks Down to them . An Arrogant Egotist with someone elses Agenda . He should have been Impeached right after the Lybian Fiasco ................

Obama has fully kept, partially kept, or is currently working on 75% of his campaign promises.

www.politifact.com...

Yep...he has sure done nothing

edit on 24-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

yep that and giving Holden a promotion after fast and furious, brilliant.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by followtheevidence
reply to post by mastahunta

The market is being superficially propped up by bailouts. This doesn't speak to Obama's competence as a prez ... like at all.

The market is being propped by an entire system of fiat currency if you want to
get nitty gritty. So do you think Obama should have let the US banking industry
destroy the entire Global economy in one fell swoop?
I think that most certainly
wouldn't speak to any level of competence either, however last I checked America
is hanging on, does his role earn him any ownership of that or only the negative?

yes, yes i do. instead, he let the US citizens be destroyed in one fell swoop. propping up a disgusting system and rewarding the perpetrators for their hard work, is hardly the high road.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

How awesome is that?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by averageGuy505

Well , let's see , just Some of the Impeachable Offenses that President Obama has Committed in only the first 3 years of being Commander in Chief.....

Most recent is his flagrant violation of the U.S. Constitution and the War Powers Resolution by deploying U.S. armed forces and conducting war against Libya without Congressional authorization or a declaration of war. Indeed, Obama has insisted that a United Nations resolution authorizing "humanitarian intervention" is a higher authority than the United States Constitution.

* Already in April 2009, Obama was engaging in actions to destroy the sovereignty of the United States, when, at the London G20 meeting, he agreed to actions, including the expansion of "Special Drawing Rights," which gave the International Monetary Fund increased power over the economy of the United States and other sovereign nations.

* Obama's shutdown and destruction of the NASA manned space flight program, on behalf of the British, was what triggered Lyndon LaRouche's first formal call for the impeachment of Obama, in February 2010.

* Obama's health-care plan, modeled on Hitler's T-4 policy, in its scheme to deny medical care and treatment to certain categories of people, constitutes a crime against humanity under the Nuremberg Principles to which the United States is bound by law and treaty.

* Obama's violation of the separation of powers, by means of unilateral executive actions, in violation of U.S. law including treaty law, has exceeded even that of George W. Bush and Cheney in many respects.

* He has continued the use of signing statements, and has made dozens of appointments of special "czars" and recess appointments, to circumvent Congressional oversight and the Senate confirmation process.

* He has expanded domestic surveillance and wiretapping, has continued the use of abusive detentions and interrogations of prisoners taken in the "war on terror," and he has expanded the use of targeted assassinations, including claiming the right to kill American citizens abroad without any due process.

* He has effectively legalized torture and prisoner abuse in violation of U.S. law and treaty obligations, by directing his Justice Department to cover up hundreds of cases of abuse and torture and even deaths, from the Bush-Cheney years.

The List could go on , but I will leave it up to You and the " Ignorant Masses " out there to find out the rest . ...........

edit on 25-1-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Just once, I'd love to see a President give it to us straight...

"Greetings, my fellow Americans...
I stand before you today, to say...
We're f'ed.
Thank you."

end of speech

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Just once, I'd love to see a President give it to us straight...

"Greetings, my fellow Americans...
I stand before you today, to say...
We're f'ed.
Thank you."

end of speech

An honest politician? No such thing exists....except one guy..

This election is like a choice between War, War, War, and Peace...or a chance at Peace at the very least.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
cool to see people on both sides
hopefully he doesn't get re-elected

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
he has three other state of the union address, what makes yesterday any different?

obama's like a maserati with flat tires. he sounds good but goes nowhere...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I agree with the President that business leaders need to quit outsourcing jobs and bring manufacturing back to to the United States. I believe if this is done...many, many more jobs will be created in America.

He said: "My message is simple. It's time to stop rewarding businesses that ship jobs overseas, and start rewarding companies that create jobs right here in America."

Written transcript of his speech: www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Well , let's see , just Some of the Impeachable Offenses that President Obama has Committed in only the first 3 years of being Commander in Chief.....

Yep, he nuts

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I agree with the President that business leaders need to quit outsourcing jobs and bring manufacturing back to to the United States. I believe if this is done...many, many more jobs will be created in America.

He said: "My message is simple. It's time to stop rewarding businesses that ship jobs overseas, and start rewarding companies that create jobs right here in America."

Written transcript of his speech: www.usatoday.com...

you mean like his brilliant move in naming Jeffery Immelt as head of his economic advisory board?

it's so wrong i can't even imagine it's magnitude.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join