It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Give The State of The Union Address!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Is that what you call it?

Home improvement like Tim Allens Tool time where he burns the set down.

Yes...and that is what everyone else calls it too who isn't ignoring facts.

Things take time...Bush tanked us...and we are slowly but surely climbing out of the pit.

So increasing the deficit by trillions, and starting new wars is climbing out of the pit?

link   

I forgot the favorite scapegoats blame the dude who was there for a few years instead of the people who were their decades and made policy like Senators Frank and Dodd.

The "crisis" was manufactured by the left simple fact because Frank and Dodd controlled Fanny and Freddy.

The good news is that the law of karma will make them accountable regardless if men's laws do not. The bad news is it may not be in our lifetime.

link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Things take time...Bush tanked us...and we are slowly but surely climbing out of the pit.

When did this happen?

I guess I didn't get the memo.
edit on 24-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

September 15th 2008

The DOW plummeted 600 points, by the first day of Obama's presidency the Dow had fallen
over 5,000 points.

Today the DOW is normalized, the housing market is moving, credit liquidity is increasing,
GDP has increased and employment is increasing. Last I checked, Obama ain't Jesus

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

The left:

Social Security
Medicare
Medicaid
Department of Education
Federal Reserve
EPA.

And the list goes on Those are the facts or do you not care for facts eh?

Here are some more facts that people just seem to gloss over.

www.usdebtclock.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Is that what you call it?

Home improvement like Tim Allens Tool time where he burns the set down.

Yes...and that is what everyone else calls it too who isn't ignoring facts.

What wars are those?

Obama could have easily placed us in conflict with IRAN TONIGHT, but he did not, did he.

So increasing the deficit by trillions, and starting new wars is climbing out of the pit?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

When did this happen?

September 15th 2008

The DOW plummeted 600 points, by the first day of Obama's presidency the Dow had fallen
over 5,000 points.

Today the DOW is normalized, the housing market is moving, credit liquidity is increasing,
GDP has increased and employment is increasing. Last I checked, Obama ain't Jesus

I don't think anyone can blame Obama for Bush's mess... but they can blame obama for more wars and bigger government. More recently he signed the NDAA.... wtf?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

The best news of Frank is retiring soon but his legacy will outlive him.

Karma? who knows.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Checked to see if anyone else has mentioned this

but...

I agree with the new mandate about enforcing children to wait until they turn 18 to drop out or graduate.

I love it!

How will this work with No Child Left Behind? Are teachers going to pas children along even more than they already are?

Why on earth would you support this? Governments can't make kids learn, can't motivate them and can't make parents all of a sudden become better than they were. My older children graduated because of parenting and motivation, not because the government told them they didn't have a choice. What would we do with those who don't listen? Put them in jail?

LESS mandates, please.
As far as No Child Left Behind--get rid of it.

edit on 24-1-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

Personally, I was wondering how he plans to enforce that. Will kids skipping out be arrested and have a black mark permanently on their record? Will there be gestapo to come to their homes, pick them up and take them to school? It smacks of Totalitarianism to me.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And that has nothing to do with what I have said. That's ok Neo. I understand!

It's hard to step out of our safety zones into the truth. I understand! I had to do it a long time ago when I was a fascist Republican. But I learned the way.......

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

The best news of Frank is retiring soon but his legacy will outlive him.

Karma? who knows.

yes I was very happy to hear of his retirement. That way he can do less harm in the legislature.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

When did this happen?

September 15th 2008

over 5,000 points.

I don't think anyone can blame Obama for Bush's mess... but they can blame obama for more wars and bigger government. More recently he signed the NDAA.... wtf?

He shouldn't have, but I sure as hell like him better than Bush or the front runners,
sue me.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by neo96

When are you going to look past the end of your gas mask?

Sure, Obama is not the answer, but neither is the Republican establishment as it is!

We need to look for a real answer and quit perpetuating the left vs. right BS that keeps us stuck in a one-track state of mind.
edit on 24-1-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by sheepslayer247 reply to post by neo96

And that has nothing to do with what I have said. That's ok Neo. I understand! It's hard to step out of our safety zones into the truth. I understand! I had to do it a long time ago when I was a fascist Republican. But I learned the way.......

Apparently not read your own words.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Good night Neo!

Sweet dreams!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

If i had to chose, I'd probably chose him over O'Romney or Newt GinGrinch... but that would be like chosing to get slapped in face with an open hand palm versus backhand...

I'd prefer Ron Paul, actually.
edit on 24-1-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think it's time for a prediction........

True Story^^^^^^^
edit on 24-1-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

September 15th 2008

over 5,000 points.

Yep, but thanks to mass over regulation, those houses are even harder still to build and buy.

Along with a plethora of other fields pretty much encompassing the entire economy. For every inspector we hire 10 contractors lose their businesses. All this makes no difference to anyone other than someone who is already wealthy. Everything is gravitating towards Wal-Mart and Home Depot and making it completely impossible for small business to make any sort of profit, you'd be a fool not to see this.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I'd rather have Darth Vader for president. Vader's got mad fashion sense, and he's the only one who can beat Ron Paul in a lightsaber duel.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

There have been consesrvative proposals to help fix it, but the Democrats refused. So that's how that works.

Here's the Heritage Foundation idea

www.heritage.org...
edit on 24-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

There have been consesrvative proposals to help fix it, but the Democrats refused. So that's how that works.

And same for the opposite statement, that is how it works.

Republicans refuse their own proposals IF Obama has his name on it, what is
that all about???

edit on 24-1-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Wow, that is just epically funny in the midst of the banter

Yes, Bush set the first TARP up at the end of his term but Obama has definitely surpassed him.

I can't wait for the flash vid of his speech with rainbows and butterflies coming out his rear

Here is an old one: When do you know a politician is lying? When his lips are moving

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join