It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the Skeptics that believe Healing is fake, heres PROOF

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker

My hands are not moving fast enough to create turbulence, sorry. And again, turbulence causes a candle to flicker, not bend.

Yes they were. They were moving more than fast enough to create turbulence. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
make a clip of you snapping your leg, heal it then walk off. Reproducing air displacement with a flame is easy.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morgenstern89
While I believe in many areas of the paranormal, I take issue with most of the material regarding development of the more "flashy" psychic abilities.

OP, I can speak from experience here, I was interested in this field when I was young, and in the early 2000's the Psi/Ki/Qi/Chi discussion forums were booming. One of the best being Psipog.net. There was a lot of information there worth reading. There were videos of people posting "proof" by spinning little paper wheels, moving the flame of a candle, etc. It was all very interesting. But no one ever progressed. No one ever scooted a deck of cards, no one rolled a film canister. There were rarely videos of people moving anything heavier than a straw, and if there was something larger, the video quality was suspiciously poor, there would be zero audio, and the way in which the larger objects moved were indicative of the use of magnets or magicians string. Add to that that most items were usually balanced precariously on a tack or nail so as to lessen any kind of surface resistance, and the mechanics of these techniques become clear. I can put a piece of paper on a tack right now and do the same thing, and I have before. It worked the first time I tried years ago, it's a pretty easy trick.

The problem with the communities that focused on developing telekinetic abilities and whatnot was that they were filled with mostly young people. People who watched entirely too much Dragon Ball Z. I see that you yourself have the Dragon from that series as your avatar. The site I mentioned earlier, Psipog, was started with what I believe to be good intent, by a young man who really wanted to understand these kinds of abilities. It came to the point that most communities with decent reputations barred any kind of reference to Dragon Ball Z and the terms associated with the series because it was doing a disservice to the research. They differentiated their individual mindsets by referring to theirs as "Psi" and the DBZ fans usually used ki, qi, Chi, etc. Really just a semantics issue, but anyway.

The DBZ fans, or those who leaned to the more fantastical side, tended to have active imaginations, which fed into their exaggerated claims (e.g. shooting Kamehameha's at each other and leaving visible bruises and marks), were easily excited by even the smallest results(e.g. treating a flickering flame as if it were a fireball shot from the palms) and would try to one up each other like there was no tomorrow. Everyone else took a more realistic approach to it.

So, what is my point with all this? It's that those who took the more scholarly approach eventually learned what everyone else is telling you. Not necessarily that these abilities are impossible, just that the results individuals get from these methods aren't what many think they are. The proof of this being that it's incredibly unlikely that ones abilities will progress past a certain point using these techniques, because it isn't the actual phenomenon. If it were, evidence past spinning objects and candle flames would be abundant. Especially for those who practiced the abilities for several years. Those who took it seriously back in the day eventually tired of their lack of progress and moved onto other areas, while those who reveled in the one-upsmanship and the attention their grainy videos garnered stuck with it until they became bored, and went on their way as well.

I don't post all this to break your balls, nor do I think people are trying to troll you. I'm just saying, if this is something you are into and really want to learn more about, I encourage you to go about it with more reputable sources. Don't bother with those communities. Read books on the subject from the days before the internet. Study the phenomenon, be objective, and ultimately, be honest with yourself.

I may need to redo my whole post, because this wasn't what I was trying to lean towards. We are all beings of energy and the flame can attest to that. The "Healing" part of it however needs to be a video of me healing a wound, I agree.

Well, When this occurs look forward to me posting a video.
edit on 24-1-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

It would help if the video was not private. I dont see the point in posting this when you cant even watch it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Private video made by an ATS member for an ATS thread ... hmmmm, must be bucking for thumbs up eh?

Youtube never counts my thumbs up anyway - maybe because I'm not a subscriber.

Healing is real. It sounds like people who saw your video don't think it's the "proof" though.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

And magic is real !

Proof!

Debunk that!
Your video is not even in the same league

edit on 24-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

Stage magic. Prestigitation that is. Illusion, the title even says so. Not the same as healing.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
reply to post by Rafe_

Stage magic. Prestigitation that is. Illusion, the title even says so. Not the same as healing.

Ok.
So how about i re-up that video somewhere and put "it is real magic" and make a similar suggestion as the op did.
How would you know he doesnt use 'real' magic in his show!!?? Only because it is suggested that it isn't?

In short as long as someone suggests that it is real and does their best to show it as such that is enough for you.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

I wanted to stop watching, but I couldn't!!!....magic???

As for the OP video, I can't even watch it. Why make a public thread about a private video?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

Completey wrong. You can title it anything you want, it's still stage magic in your video.

I didn't even SEE the OP's video(s) yet because they are "private". I made no statement as to what I believed about the OP video(s) because I didn't see them. From ATS user comments it sounds like it's simple science and not "magic".

I say healing is real though.
edit on 24/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Why is the video private? How did the others watch it?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ballisticmousse

Is cheese the plural of chi?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
reply to post by Rafe_

Completey wrong. You can title it anything you want, it's still stage magic in your video.

edit on 24/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

Yes yes my point exactly
Like the op's videos.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Like that last scene in "There Will be Blood" when Daniel Day Lewis bashes the fake healers head in with a bowling pin...not that I endorse that kind of behavioir..."Im Finished"

Peace
edit on 24-1-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Those videos are marked private.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker

I may need to redo my whole post, because this wasn't what I was trying to lean towards. We are all beings of energy and the flame can attest to that. The "Healing" part of it however needs to be a video of me healing a wound, I agree.

Well, When this occurs look forward to me posting a video.

While most paranormal believers would agree with you regarding the "we are energy" thing, what you are doing in the video doesn't attest to anything. If you think that what you are doing with the flame will allow you to heal a wound, you are mistaken. It's been tried and tried and tried. Someone slices their finger open accidentally, shoots energy at it, and it does nothing. If you let it sit long enough, sure it will start to clot, but there's no mystery to that.

Once again, not to give you a hard time, but if you could heal as you claim, you would have created a wound and healed it on camera. Something I don't recommend doing, by the way, but if you had done that beforehand, people may have taken it seriously. I know what you were getting at was that it's the same kind of energy used in healing, but because you were mistaken regarding what was actually going on with the candle, it wouldn't have worked anyway.

You are taking what you perceive to be real results and are completely getting ahead of yourself with what you believe you can do with it. In one post you say something along the lines of "I can't move my energy that fast yet, it takes a lot of energy" and at the same time you start a thread requesting the assistance of distance healers, asking for only "serious healers", as if you are including yourself in that group. If you think you can influence all the worlds leaders using psychic energy, but can't adequately control the activity of a candle flame, you need to take a serious look at your claims. Like I said earlier, do some serious research, look at material that was released before the internet boom when all this stuff got carried away. Don't just reject peoples skepticism. Come to understand it, because a lot of them aren't being skeptical just to be jerks, but because they have seen the same thing over and over and over throughout the years and have learned what is actually happening, why things react this or that way, and have seen that nothing really comes of it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
You must be a fire-bender!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Actually, electromagnetic fields DO affect flames and fire, as has been reported and studied for a while now.

news.discovery.com...

www.mobilemag.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I used to do what you did in the video with candles when I was a little kid. It's just air

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Sorry but you're not a SUPER SAIJAN!

lol

I believe we do have "powers" but i think you need to take into account what is really happening when u do what u do..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join