It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hatred for America, have at it ATS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
If you dont support Ron Paul, and I think you dont if im not mistaken then yes you fall into that category imo.

FAIL

I've stated many times here at ATS that I think Dr Paul makes some good points.

If the American populace keep voting in the same status qua establishment candidates and expecting change isnt that ignorant?

FAIL

So because you and some who think likewise feel disenfranchised with the system that gives you card blanche to stereotype over 310,000,000 Americans who believe in the two party system as being ignorant?

You can love your country but hate your current government.

Agreed.

Why would you assume otherwise is beyond me.
But proceed please.

Put blind patriotism aside and ask yourself a question and answer it honestly.. Do not lie to yourself..

FAIL

I don't appreciate the assumptive rhetoric.
But I'll play along.

If the forefathers were alive today would they be happy with the direction our government and current politicians are steering America? Or would they be appalled and ashamed?

We can ask hypotheticals all night long.

We wouldn't have been in WW-I or WW-II hell, we may have even caved during the American civil war if we were to assume or attempt to apply what we perceive their views would be on those events or on the 20th or 21rst century politics.

What do you suppose they would have said about those events?

I think every honest American knows the answer to this. Yet they will keep voting the same crooks into office and complaining about it. Blindly following the two party system which is nothing but a two headed snake with each head pretending to be different from the other but in reality aren't.

Thanks for your political perspective. I'll take it under advisement.

I dont think many people hate Americans I think they detest our government. And like some here I used to blindly follow the rhetoric that America does no evil and is all peaches and roses. It took a while but i happened to wake up thanks to research and Ron Paul.

Thank you for sharing your perspective and the plug for Dr Paul.

edit on 20-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Thats what I'm sayin
star for you

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I could personally careless what the world thinks of America or its citizens, if you don't like us come get us.

Im sick of being trashed daily, have we made some mistakes absolutely. Are our mistakes worse than that of Greece who can't afford to pay its employees but use bailout money for tanks and rockets? Are our mistakes worse than China, who has a horrendous human rights abuses under their belt, or North Korea with the excellent standard of living they are enjoying? How about Russia which is so corrupt and broken its own generals sell nuclear missiles to top bidder?

And please if you cannot hold back your hatred for me and my fellow Americans put your money where your mouth is, you want to view us as an ethnocentric, power hungry, murderous country fine come to our shore and see how nasty we truly can be.

I know my rant did not help quell the Anti-American rhetoric, and may have actually reinforced it but I am sick and tired of being attacked for every move my government makes.

Yes i do fit the stereotypical American I'm loud and I'm proud, I am arrogant and crass and if you don't like it you can kiss my [snip].

Let the next anti-american rant begin.......

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mymymy
reply to post by neo96

Oh my God you Republican, political troll, you so called 1 percenter. Please go back to grade school and learn punctuation so we have any idea what you're talking about.

On another note, God, people on here are pathetic, America SUCKS, I am in Ohio, true patriots are rich or stupid, that's it. I am poor, I can't leave, I am NO patriot I wish we would stand up to Russia, China, North Korea, but we won't, cuz our asses will be handed to us, so hatred to America is WELL founded

It is fairly obvious your stay on ATS will be a short one so get it all out now.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You are right about this hatred, it kind makes ATS suk in ways, but I'v gotten used to these malcontents and ignore them. Of course censoring them would go against what we stand for, they are a source of irritation though. I think we here can spot a TROLL and pretty well expose them.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

First,I think the world today,wouldn't be the same,without what America has done in the past. I still think the world NEEDS America.We have to look to history,to see that without the US,The worlds dictators,and fascist rulers lust for War will spiral out of control.

Due to the fact that America has installed fascist dictatorships in several countries after "taking care" of the democratic elected government and as such is one of the greatest promoters of fascism ever, I agree... the world indeed wouldn't be the same without what America has done in the past.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Hmm so I still do not know where you stand on our government, do you or dont you think it needs a overhaul?

Also if the current trend continues do you see America being #1 world super power status toward the end of the century?

All im saying is I dont think everyone here wants America to fall for spite or genuinely hates us. I think they see a nation that lost what it once stood for. A nation that is no longer living up to its potential and is ruled by a government who could care less what the American people or anyone on Earth think or any hardships laid upon them by their current policy's (foreign or domestic).
edit on 20-1-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Hmm so I still do not know where you stand on our government, do you or dont you think it needs a overhaul?

Yes.

Also if the current tend continues do you see America being #1 world super power status toward the end of the century?

Does staying #1 really matter?

Let's explore this scenario shall we...

The Soviet Union collapsed. Yet, Russia is still here with all it's nukes and is a force to reckoned with Did they go anywhere? If this perceived "American Empire" fades as all Empires do. Does this mean the 50 States will fly apart and we will lose our nukes? That because we are no longer the biggest economy on the planet that we will not be a force to reckoned with militarily?

The way I see it [and to use history as an example]

Germany was smashed after WW-II so was Japan. No infrastructure, no industry or much of anything else. Yet they rose and became the Third and Forth largest economies. The US is nowhere near as bad off. There are people who are going to tell me that with all of our High-Technology and intact infrastructure that we can't be around for the foreseeable future?

I'm sorry but I view the world differently than does the MSM and YOU!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Yes.

Also if the current tend continues do you see America being #1 world super power status toward the end of the century?

Does staying #1 really matter?

Let's explore this scenario shall we...

The Soviet Union collapsed. Yet, Russia is still here with all it's nukes and is a force to reckoned with Did they go anywhere? If this perceived "American Empire" fades as all Empires do. Does this mean the 50 States will fly apart and we will lose our nukes? That because we are no longer the biggest economy on the planet that we will not be a force to reckoned with militarily?

The way I see it [and to use history as an example]

Germany was smashed after WW-II so was Japan. No infrastructure, no industry or much of anything else. Yet they rose and became the Third and Forth largest economies. The US is nowhere near as bad off. There are people who are going to tell me that with all of our High-Technology and intact infrastructure that we can't be around for the foreseeable future?

I'm sorry but I view the world differently than does the MSM and YOU!

Honestly I could care less about military might because as long as we have our nuclear arsenal and current tech and just spend on defense and not needless wars no one is gonna try to take us out..

Im more worried about unemployment rates, the economy, and the debt left behind for our kids and grand kids to have to deal with. I want my children to be able to graduate college and find work, be able to opt out of paying into a system when they will not reap the benefits of it when they are eligible. Not have to go to war based on fear and lies.

Yes even if we are around for the foreseeable future does that mean we should ignore the problems and politicians that are making things harder for the country to prosper as it should and can?

Its called insight, some of us can see things are not as they should be and even if we will not live to see it our children and grand-kids may.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sirrurg

First,I think the world today,wouldn't be the same,without what America has done in the past. I still think the world NEEDS America.We have to look to history,to see that without the US,The worlds dictators,and fascist rulers lust for War will spiral out of control.

Due to the fact that America has installed fascist dictatorships in several countries after "taking care" of the democratic elected government and as such is one of the greatest promoters of fascism ever, I agree... the world indeed wouldn't be the same without what America has done in the past.

Again,as stated in other posts,America is not Perfect,but instead of looking at A Country,where ALL its wrongs and faults are pointed out,lets look at it it in a positive one.

I do remember America taking care of a fascist Dictator,Benito Mussolini. I also saw them take care of the madman,Adolf Hitler.

It doesn't take much,to imagine,what the world would have been like,if America didn't help "police" Europe.

Then again,It doesn't matter anyways,when ones glass is half empty. That was yesterdays news,and has no baring on today....................

Thanks for responding..........

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Honest question, I really am clueless in these matters and I apologise for being slightly off topic. But do you think that the USA in a sense is too big to fail. By that I mean, if we totally fall into the abyss as a world super power, would we not be taking the majority of the countries with us?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sirrurg

Again,as stated in other posts,America is not Perfect,but instead of looking at A Country,where ALL its wrongs and faults are pointed out,lets look at it it in a positive one.

I do remember America taking care of a fascist Dictator,Benito Mussolini. I also saw them take care of the madman,Adolf Hitler.

It doesn't take much,to imagine,what the world would have been like,if America didn't help "police" Europe.

Then again,It doesn't matter anyways,when ones glass is half empty. That was yesterdays news,and has no baring on today....................

Thanks for responding..........

Thats flawed thinking. If you had a best friend in high school that defended you and kept you from getting jumped by bullys numerous times but you met him years later and he started punching you in the face would you say:

Oh he done so many good things for me years ago, ill just excuse this bad behavior now its all good.

Doing great things in the past does not excuse doing things poorly in the present.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Honestly I could care less about military might because as long as we have our nuclear arsenal and current tech and just spend on defense and not needless wars no one is gonna try to take us out..

You don't mind if some of us stand watch do you?

Im more worried about unemployment rates, the economy, and the debt left behind for our kids and grand kids to have to deal with. I want my children to be able to graduate college and find work, be able to opt out of paying into a system when they will not reap the benefits of it when they are eligible. Not have to go to war based on fear and lies.

All good points. I have no issues with most of that. Within reason.

Yes even if we are around for the foreseeable future does that mean we should ignore the problems and politicians that are making things harder for the country to prosper as it should and can?

I hear what you're asking but why the assumptive tone? I've written many threads on the issues. Everything from OWS, Corporate and Governmental greed, Trade imbalances, Environmental issues and my favorite forum "Ancient and Lost Civilizations" the destruction of Human history etc.

You're preaching assumptively to the choir my brother.

For reasons unknown.

Its called insight, some of can see things are not as they should be and even if we will not live to see it our children and grand-kids may.

Did you vote in the Carter/Reagan election?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

America has done good and bad,how is it flawed thinking?

How is remembering our accomplishments a sin?

I cant state it enough.

America,as a Country is not PERFECT.

It doesnt mean I agree with everything we are doing in the world.

What i do agree with,regardless of faults,is looking at the good with the bad.

And Trying to fix it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

You don't mind if some of us stand watch do you?

All good points. I have no issues with most of that. Within reason.

I hear what you're asking but why the assumptive tone? I've written many threads on the issues. Everything from OWS, Corporate and Governmental greed, Trade imbalances, Environmental issues and my favorite forum "Ancient and Lost Civilizations" the destruction of Human history etc.

You're preaching assumptively to the choir my brother.

For reasons unknown.

Its called insight, some of can see things are not as they should be and even if we will not live to see it our children and grand-kids may.

Did you vote in the Carter/Reagan election?

No I was 6 or 7 at the time lol

And maybe i have you mixed up with another poster, I probably do

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

What we did in the past, some of it was great but I want to focus on what we do in the future to make this country and the world a better place and the clowns in Washington Dc aint cutting it.

So if we agree on that then we see eye to eye

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK

Honest question, I really am clueless in these matters and I apologise for being slightly off topic. But do you think that the USA in a sense is too big to fail.

In a sense we already have.

By that I mean, if we totally fall into the abyss as a world super power, would we not be taking the majority of the countries with us?

No because we are not nor were we ever like a real Empire.

If we move to the #2 or # 3 spot. Germany will be Germany, Japan will be Japan Great Britain will be Great Britain etc etc etc These are our allies who have American bases in their borders. If and when we leave it's not going to be like the fall of Rome.

These countries will still work with the US because we all have similar interests.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well here goes at my first ever posted comment on this site, but better late than never hey ?
As an Australian, I get a point of view of from the outside [or down under] looking in. Maybe this gives me another viewing angle, or maybe it means I'm unqualified to comment on someone else's country, or the running of that country ??? But from the outside looking in, it does come across that America, and by America i refer to the Government in charge, that there is an obvious agenda of going to War with anyone that doesn't see it the same way as the American Government see's it. e.g. Afghanistan, Iraq [part 1 and 2], Syria, Somalia, Libiya etc. And that's not to say Australian troops haven't taken part in those wars/invasions, but due to our smaller population it's probably not on the same scale, and despite being under the Commonwealth, we tend to follow the American way, rather than our own way, or that of the Commonwealth, largely due to own Government selling the Australian people out so our Politicians can line their own pockets so they can brown-nose their American counter-parts. Just look at the drool running down Julia Gillard's chin when Barrack Obama came here just 2 months ago for proof of this.
I personally have nothing against the American people in general, as they are a result of the same corrupt system we here in Australia have been dumbed down to believe................so-called Democracy ! But I do have a HUGE problem with the American Governemnt and political system, as well as the Australian one. Its heartening to see so many people slowly waking up to what's happening, and whether you do or don't agree with all the Occupy movements, you can't deny that something is really wrong with the "system", and people who can see it have obviously had enough. But for every person thats had enough and wants to do something about it, there's another person who's willing to sign up and go and fight these Wars, which I believe, is why there may be a percieved hatred to American people and possibly there allie's ! And i guess it compares to saying you oppose the Zionist agenda in Israel, but then get accused of being anti-semitic, despite not being against Israeli people in general, just the agenda of their leaders. I think its just, that so many people around the world see so many people lining up to fight these wars, purely to fill the American Government agenda of wars at all cost, or any cost, and take the easy approach of labelling all under one banner. But that probably reflects what the American Government, and Austalian Government have deemed as a Democracy...............both sides can have their say and argue about it, but we'll do what we want anyway while everyone argues and points the finger at the other side of the arguement, and takes their eye's of the prize so to speak.
It shouldn't be Anti-American, Anti-Iran, Anti-Israel, Anti-Islam, Anti-Christian etc, it should be Anti-CORRUPTION and the focus on those carrying out this corruption. I believe if people could do this, then we would all realise we are all in the same boat and focus or frustrations and anger at those making the decisions, rather then citizens of a country that have no rel say in the making, and enforcing of those decisions !
Well theres my first ever post done, i hope i've made some sense in all of this, or at least point lol ?
If i had made a mistake anywhere, or you disagree, then I welcome your response, and your right to have it. We just need to realize that we're all in the same boat, but we have Captains of the boat steering us in a direction we don't want to go.
Thanks, and as we often say in Australia.............have a good one

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

So many other countries depend on us to buy oil, and goods and thats not even mentioning the ones we support. With out us buying their crap they have no money what so ever. .If we fail with our economy our military tech and "love of war" will bring us right back on top.Lets not lie violence and bloodshed essentially are our strong points. I mean yearly we murder more people in our own country that most other countries combined.
edit on 20-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: carry on

edit on 20-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: ert

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join