It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hatred for America, have at it ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by CourageousEyesoftheHeart

Sad to see and sad to say that the time America was needed is gone. Not that the world doesn't need that kind of spirit, it certainly does. However America as it is today does not live up to America's past.

What a great post!

First,I think the world today,wouldn't be the same,without what America has done in the past. I still think the world NEEDS America.We have to look to history,to see that without the US,The worlds dictators,and fascist rulers lust for War will spiral out of control. The real change we need,has to come from American citizens first,I believe. As a good poster once stated in a thread, "We need an Enema" in the States,and he wasn't joking. That still shouldn't be a reason to LUMP all Americans,into the BLAME. America has been waking up,yes slowly,but for the good.

Time will tell.

Empires come and go, and yours is no different. Remember the
British empire?

People are so wrapped up in their own country that they
are completly missing the point. Countries are just places we
were born. The earth as a whole is our true home, but as long
as we have patrioism for your country, we will always have wars.

Maybe i think to far ahead. Our technology is moving fast,
but we still have a basic tribal way if thinking. And them two
thing together, is a worrying thought

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pudd99
reply to post by sonnny1

I can't speak for Americans, but it seems clear to me that most people hate your government's constant meddling in everyone else's affairs. America has appointed itself as policeman of the world, to promote freedom and democracy for all...but only if you have something they want. America's foreign policy is entirely self serving, and based on the pure greed of it's puppetmasters.

Peace...

Maybe,but I think the world at one time needed Americas help,and we came calling. The Axis of evil in 1939-1945 Prime example. Again,it still doesn't change the fact that Americans in general,are peaceful. Unfortunately,the ignorance spewed makes ALL Americans,guilty by association to their country.

I don't like facist like police states that is the problem I have with US and the reason I care is that what you do in your county you later on export in law to other countries in the EU and the world where you are able to. I do not want Sweden to be a facist state but you are influencing the corrupt poleticians in my country to do the bidding of your corperate interests. I so tired of your puppetmasters. Sweden have a few puppetmastesr too from my pint of view they are smaller compered to your corperations.

When it comes to 2nd world war I did when I was a child look at the US as the good guys but im not sure anymore. Hitler had to go but I don't see the hero gloria on US anymore. US was attacked and had to defend itself and US got british colonies for the war. The invasion had to be fast and the race towards Germany was so that the Soviet did not get a bigger peace of Europe. It was about control over humans and resources. The same as today. I do not say Soviet was the good guys either. As normal some people got very rich on that war.
edit on 20-1-2012 by apushforenlightment because: Adding

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by sonnny1

Just because some argues against the Foriegn Policy of the US, does not mean they hate the US.

I always wonder what the implications of burning an American flag means. Is it against foreign Policy,or just outright hate for America?

I think its maybe both.

Thats where you and I disagree.

edit on 20-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

When did French Fries become Freedom Fries.

Awww...lol.........that only lasted for about an hour.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Your right,Empires do come and go. That doesn't mean America HAS to,because those outside this country want it that way.

Thanks for posting,BTW

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Just because some argues against the Foriegn Policy of the US, does not mean they hate the US.

I always wonder what the implications of burning an American flag means. Is it against foreign Policy,or just outright hate for America?

I think its maybe both.

Take a breathe and reread what you write , before you hit the reply button.
If you think everyone who disagrees with you, or Foriegn Policy , will then go out and burn a flag.

You need a ATS break.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

I dunno what your problem is or your delusions are but I'm done responding to you.

God bless and save the cheese!
edit on 20-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I think its maybe both.

Take a breathe and reread what you write , before you hit the reply button.
If you think everyone who disagrees with you, or Foriegn Policy , will then go out and burn a flag.

You need a ATS break.

You can disagree with ANYTHING I say. I give ya permission........

Actually,I know exactly what I wrote. There are those in other country's that burn American flags. Do they hate America? Are they doing this because of foreign policy? Are they trying to get a rise out of the American public,or the politicians? Are they doing it because someone told them to?

I think they hate America,and our foreign policy. You just dont burn a flag,for the hell of it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Isn't it strange? I feel exactly the same way about you. Small world. Let's not talk.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

OK, I see the Problem here.
we are talking about 2 different things.

You are talking about actual people who burn flags.

I was talking about people here on ATS with different opinions.

Did I get that right.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

I gotta be honest, I have never come across any American hate bashing on this site. Sure, this site will bash on Washington DC and all the politicans, but no ones puts down the citizens because that would be silly. At best, people on this site have called American citizens "sheeple", but that's about it

Im from Sweden and I would say we have probably the same amount of sheep as you have. The good thing from swedens point of view is that you are a few years before us when it comes to your crazy politicians but we are worse of than our neighbouring countries that are smarter than ous and not as gulible. We have been able to somewhat stand up against your gmo:s but when it comes to net liberties, we will probably have the same rules as you in 5 years.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

........sounds about right.

Unfortunately,I have seen those on ATS talk about foreign policy,and spout hatred in the same sentence.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Whats with you?

You say you're an American and you bash the country and point out our flaws and speak about all the evils we do etc etc etc...

Yet, You as an American don't provide any solutions or tell us what YOU are doing to improve YOUR country.

Now why is that?

Just like being on the popular bash America Bandwagon for kicks?

edit on 20-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Greetings all, I just popped in to say this thread is a very interesting read indeed.
No way am I touching this topic as I see anyone whom disagrees is getting shredded and spit out.
I don't want to be shredded and spit about at all! :-)
Regardless of my fear of being shredded a S&F is in order for stirring the pot, above and beyond duty.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 20-1-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

There lies the problem I pointed out.

Not one solution,in the mix of failures.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

........sounds about right.

Unfortunately,I have seen those on ATS talk about foreign policy,and spout hatred in the same sentence.

Yes, ive seen them too, Buttons get pushed on both sides of arguements,

The people of the US deserve a Gov that has their interest at heart, Im afraid he died in 63.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I have been clearly seeing a general distrust,and and out right hatred for anything that shares an American point of view on ATS.

No. What you've been 'seeing' is that of how the global populace, in general, likely perceives our Government ... not US - The People, as a whole.

The average US citizen is no different than that of near any country on the face of this planet.

Let me do my thing. Let me live my life and raise my family as I see best fit and proper. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The 'problems' only arise once you introduce 'Government' into the equation.

'Representatives' who don't Represent
Constituents whose voices, opinions and concerns are ignored.
When a few 'speak falsely' for the majority

Collusion and misconception rise and occur in rampant manners.

It's all one big headshake, in my opinion .. and makes not a tinker's damn bit of sense throughout or no matter.

There remains a significant majority of overall good people in this world, those focused on helping not only themselves but also their fellow man, friend and or neighbor .. unfortunately they allow themselves to be either guided, steered or driven by the likes of that which they detest, speak out and or protest against.

Anyone who forms an opinion or proffers the same about a given nation or country, based solely upon the 'actions' and or 'efforts' of said 'government' has already compromised their position greatly.

We all seem to want the same in life ... hence the call to direct these type issues to where they can be best addressed, considered and or acted upon. - Our Elected Officials.

???

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What I can not understand and perhaps someone may enlighten me is that the US gets bashed for war mongering and occupying the Middle East by people who ALSO belong to NATO states. Seems pretty hypocritical when they are just as guilty as us "apathetic" American citizens.

I will be honest, at this stage in my life I am just numb and feel hopeless with regards to making any sort of difference in regards to my country. Raising my children in this day and age is just depressing and fills my heart with anxiety and sorrow. I have thrown in the towel and have lost all hope in mankind. The powers that be have trampled us down and nothing will ever change.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Jay-morris

Your right,Empires do come and go. That doesn't mean America HAS to,because those outside this country want it that way.

Thanks for posting,BTW

When you are born into an empire, and thats all you have known your
country to be, then of course you might think that your country will stay that
way.

To be honest, i would be happy for a country that strives for peace,
and makes the world a better place. Sadly, america is not that country because
of your government and its war machine.

I dont think we will have that kind of peace for a very ling time. Maybe
when the oil runs out, or after a major war where most of the population
has been wiped out.

I was born in the uk, but i have not fallen for country patrioism that
causes more problems than good. I want to live in a world where we
all get on and there is peace, but i know im asking for a hell of alot,
and chances are, i will never see this in my life time

edit on 20-1-2012 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

I have been clearly seeing a general distrust,and and out right hatred for anything that shares an American point of view on ATS.

No. What you've been 'seeing' is that of how the global populace, in general, likely perceives our Government ... not US - The People, as a whole.

You may be right,but as soon as you talk about it on ATS,the "insanity" of it all,takes the logic of reasonable discussion out the window.

Answer:
While country's like America,are geared to reduce their aging Nuclear weapons stockpiles,Country's like North Korea,India,Pakistan,and even Iran, have been gearing up to show theirs.

Response:

what gives you the right to say who CAN or CAN'T have nuclear weapons?

When "you" becomes broader then your Country's biggest brush..............

Thanks for responding BTW!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join