learn more

The Hatred for America, have at it ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

The basis for the modern computer was "invented" by Charles Babbage, an English mathematician and the electric light bulb which became the basis for modern electricity in the home was invented by an English man named Humphry Davy who produced it in in 1800, some 79 years BEFORE Edison made his. If you are going to use examples of things the US has given to the world, may I suggest Cheeseburgers, no doubt the other nations of this planet would be bereft at the loss of this famous US export.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I bash the country? I do not bash the country, unless you believe all of America is located in Washington DC and all US politicians. Am I bashing on America, the lands, the culture, and the people? Or am I deeply criticizing US Federal policies?

And yes, I will openly discuss all the "evils" America has done. Same goes with any country and nation but being that I am American, am a veteran, my focus is mostly on America and what she's doing. I'm tired of the wars, the conflicts, the NATO operations and all I see in DC is more and more war mongering, all save for Ron Paul. That's why he gets my full support, even if I don't see eye to eye with all of his policies. I wish I could change the world all by myself but it doesn't work like that. What am I doing to improve my country? What are we all doing to improve our country is the better question. Perhaps voicing our opinions on the internet is helping more than you think, that and fully endorsing Ron Paul for 2012.

America is being lead down a path of destruction and if changes aren't made in our near future I'm afraid we will see history repeating itself once again. Empires rise and fall, but when was there ever world peace? I wanna try something new, I'm sick of the same old same old, so I'm all for peace and I support those who truly support peace.

So with that, I'm American and I'm using my rights and freedoms to express my disdain with our current leadership and their policies, laws, codes, etc. I'd like to end this post with a fantastic quote from our main man TJ (thanks to ADVISOR)

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.-Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Oh don't get me wrong, that's not what I meant. My point was that the only bashing of Americans I see on ATS is is occasional sheeple put down, but even then, that's far and few. Thankfully that's about as bad as it gets, from my perspective. The poster I was responding to even said he has been the target of flames because he's American. I've never seen that either but doesn't mean he is lying.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I bash the country? I do not bash the country, unless you believe all of America is located in Washington DC and all US politicians.

Then Say Washington DC and or our Politicians not use the Generic term "America" or "American" when referring to all that is done wrong in our name.

Also, I noticed you left out the second half of my reply. Asking what YOU are doing to improve YOUR country. I have no issues with you expressing your views and or opinions.

Care to offer us any solutions?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I'm not singling you out, you responded so I did the polite thing and responded back.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Oh I get it plenty trust me friend. I'm "ignorant, fat, illiterate, untraveled, brainwashed, war mongering" People assume all this because I'm American.
edit on 20-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: aliens in my fridge did it

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Well when I say America, never American unless it was a typo, I am talking about the Gov't, not the land, the people, and not the culture. I'm pretty sure most of us are all on the same page when we say this but I can see how one could make the assumption and make a mistake. I forgive you

What am I doing to save America? I guess you can say at the moment, the only thing I am doing is voicing my opinion. What would you do to save America?

And you clearly have issues with me expressing my concerns otherwise I wouldn't be the focus of your attention in this thread.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Then Say Washington DC and or our Politicians not use the Generic term "America" or "American" when referring to all that is done wrong in our name.

I absolutely second this.

If everyone were able to make this important distinction we would live in a much better world already.
Unfortunately, most people find it more comfortable to generalize.
As a German, I know exactly what you're talking about.
edit on 20-1-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

I'm sorry to hear this. Why are you bashed for being American? What do people bash on you about? How does it start?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

It mostly stems from me defending my country or not supporting Iran.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by Swills

Oh I get it plenty trust me friend. I'm "ignorant, fat, illiterate, untraveled, brainwashed, war mongering" People assume all this because I'm American.
edit on 20-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: aliens in my fridge did it

Yeah and that makes me angry because I personally only manifest 5 of those traits!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

That's the problem with discussing politics and that's because it usually leads to attacks instead of actual discussion. Now I see where you are coming from. Just take solace in knowing that when people resort to such means it's because they usually are lead on by emotions and aren't thinking clearly. Don't take it personally, sometimes people just suck

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
No hatred for the US.
I have family there.
American people seem to want peace.
Unfortunately,
like everybody else,
they also want everything else.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I've figured out most the time when thet resort to name calling it's because they don't have the mud to sling. Meaning thats all they got going on for them...insults.
edit on 20-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: ert

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Thought this was a great piece...........

Had to share...............

She was a bit shocked when I turned on her, explaining that the only reason we could sleep safely in our beds in Europe, without fearing a knock at the door and a "come wiz us, please, comrade", was because Truman, Ike and co had chosen not to leave us to our own mess in 1945. I'd been to East Germany, I'd been to Czechoslovakia – if the USA was an empire, it was the best God-damn empire the human race had ever produced.

But I accept there are many people who don't share my enthusiasm for the nation of John Adams and Benjamin Franklin, and as a result there's quite a market for people predicting the downfall of the world's greatest democracy, a fantasy shared by America's enemies abroad and white supremicists at home.

Still, I somehow get the impression the Great Satan will be here long after Europe, and far longer than Russia. But if it provides a cheering wish-fantasy for the world's discontent, good for them – personally I think a world without America would be a barbaric, violent, anarchic, evil place.

A world without America would be an evil place

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

America has done great things, no doubt, and will continue to do so but right now America is being mislead and needs to be steered down the a better path. Maybe this time someone else will be the hero and come save America?
edit on 20-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Empires come and go, and yours is no different. Remember the
British empire?

AND...

How many colonies does the US have?
Are you referring to global American homogeneity?

If so, Let me ask you this. Who forced you {or anybody reading this for that matter} to listen to our music, Watch our TV shows or Movies etc?

I know homogeneity goes much deeper than that but we can start there.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I don't think he is referring to global American homogeneity, but rather American military occupation in foreign lands. I guess.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by sonnny1

America has done great things, no doubt, and will continue to do so but right now America is being mislead and needs to be steered down the a better path. Maybe this time someone else will be the hero and come save America?

We have are own Heroes. Those that continue to produce the technology's,the medical breakthroughs,the entrepreneurs,with ideas to help the world,instead of harm it. Many of the greatest ideas have come out of this Country.Those that continue to bash it,have no problem forgetting its accomplishments.To acknowledge them,would be blasphemy to the detractors.To acknowledge them part way, is a mere token to detractors.

The glass is half full in my eyes........

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join