It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hatred for America, have at it ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

No duh it works both ways, but this thread is about America.....

Btw, OP, what is a JEWSA? Nvm, I see you explained on page 2

JEWSA was supposed to be a mixture of Jew and USA.

edit on 20-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Haha why quote the whole post?
Funny shizz..

Ah man what?!?
I'm just tired and deprived of sleep.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I don't mind you ripping my government apart what so ever I hate my government. I'm saying the people who come here to trash us as a people. You can't deny it happens A LOT here.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by pudd99
reply to post by sonnny1

I can't speak for Americans, but it seems clear to me that most people hate your government's constant meddling in everyone else's affairs. America has appointed itself as policeman of the world, to promote freedom and democracy for all...but only if you have something they want. America's foreign policy is entirely self serving, and based on the pure greed of it's puppetmasters.

Peace...

Maybe,but I think the world at one time needed Americas help,and we came calling. The Axis of evil in 1939-1945 Prime example. Again,it still doesn't change the fact that Americans in general,are peaceful. Unfortunately,the ignorance spewed makes ALL Americans,guilty by association to their country.

Sad to see and sad to say that the time America was needed is gone. Not that the world doesn't need that kind of spirit, it certainly does. However America as it is today does not live up to America's past.

You have to understand that the people of the world and American citizens feel betrayed and ripped off. The American brand is just an image. Something sold to the people and used to enforce moral superiority as justifications for war. People see through the ad campaign that is America and what used to be "All Natural" so to speak is now a hybrid of BS and it taste like crap. There's no substance to the American Dream anymore.

The question isn't "Why all the hate?" It's What are American's going to do about it? Because allowing your Government to bomb people until they love you and your way of life sure isn't working.
edit on 20-1-2012 by CourageousEyesoftheHeart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm from the netherlands.
You should know i don't consider myself dutch.

THANK YOU
For for being the first to have the balls to just come right out and say so.

Very much appreciated.

As new age as this may sound, i dont care really, im a citizen of the world no more no less.
Our country has been getting worse as well.

Thank You again
That shows integrity

If sopa is passed and if i understand correctly it still might be.
It wouldn't just restrict internet acces for americans now would it?

Now riddle me this...

Why would that be?

Also ill try to dig up a thread tomorrow about the us being able to arrest and detain anywhere in the world. Im on my iphone right now, to much of hassle maybe you saw the thread yourself.

Fair enough.

I must have missed that.

edit on 20-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

[No duh it works both ways, but this thread is about America..

Your condescension is neither warranted nor appreciated.

As for the other comment about the subjec of this thread, well........... Aren't they all?

Why don't you make a thread about YOUR country?

edit on 1/20/2012 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I don't mind you ripping my government apart what so ever I hate my government. I'm saying the people who come here to trash us as a people. You can't deny it happens A LOT here.

Not denying that.
But you also can't deny i did no such thing.

So why single me out?

I know these debates can get heated but we should be able to keep it respectful.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

I gotta be honest, I have never come across any American hate bashing on this site. Sure, this site will bash on Washington DC and all the politicans, but no ones puts down the citizens because that would be silly. At best, people on this site have called American citizens "sheeple", but that's about it

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Some people seem to think that if you hate their government,
that means you hate the country as a whole. I cant stand people
who hate countries because they hate the government.

Lets be honest, like many governments, the american government
are criminals. I just dont understand why people stick up for them,
Just because its their government. These governments are not mini
Gods who are there to keep you safe. Its all about money,power and
greed. And as long as people stay brainwashed, the future does not
look pretty

edit on 20-1-2012 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I do understand your frustration, OP.
I too have an ingrained loyalty to the USA. One that is well deserved. In my biased opinion, it is quite obviously the greatest nation that has ever existed on Earth.
Here is where the "but" comes in.....
MY America is not synonymous with the American government or American foreign policy. My America is full of good natured folks. Folks who live in the swamps, in the cities, in the desert, in the woods, on the coasts, and in the heartland. People who live to do right by their families and their communities and friends. Hard workers who beleive in putting in a good days work and receiving the fruit of their labors (ie money). Folks who come from different ethnic, racial, religious, regional, and ideological backgrounds who often disagree with each other.

There are many on these boards who mock Americans, ignorant of the great people here. When it comes to private charitable donations, I'm pretty sure Americans blow every other nation out of the water with their intent and commitment to help those in need. I know firsthand from when I was homeless after Katrina. Americans (other than the obvious bad apples) are inherently good people.

Now American Foreign Policy uses our belief in doing what is right and propagandizes destructive efforts that destroy other nations, kill millions of innocents, and destabilize the world. We hear feel good stories about our boys in Iraq and Afghanistan (And they generally ARE good guys, also being deceieved). But what you don't hear about is, for example, how much better Iraqis were under Saddam than they are now (with a new civil war looming). Not that Saddam was good, but we certainly did those people no favors, nor did we find any threatening WMDs. We do this not to secure America or the world. We do these things to make more money for elites, even while the same policies make most Americans poorer.

Our mainstream media is on par, or more effective, with Soviet Propaganda circa the Cold War. They are the cheerleaders of this assault on the world in order to enrich and empower a tiny minority of global elites (many of whom are not even American!)

My loyalty is to America, but not necessarily the American government, and certainly not to its very destructive foreign policies.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

What the hell are you talking about? Like I said, this thread is about America, but if you want to nick pick me, then you should re read my post where I included America and her western allies.

So no duh that no country or person is perfect, but this thread is about America!!!!! And guess what, I'm American and I served in the USN from 2001 - 2006.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Agreed good sir, America did indeed answer the call and helped the allies win the war. The world may be very different today if they had not.

However, nobody really calls for help these days, but America sticks it's nose in anyway.

My country is in no way guilt free either, we(the UK) have been America's lapdog for as long as I can remember, and I think we are pretty hated also. In fact, I haven't been proud of my country for a long time. I love living here,and we have a good standard living compared to many, but I am ashamed of many of my nation's actions overseas. I understand why many nations and peoples have cause to hate us,

But until such time as both nations can bring about change so that our governments actually represent the will of the people, I don't see us getting any more popular. The sad fact is, just by virtue of the countries we live in, we have blood on our hands.

Peace...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Thank you for your service, Swills.
I know and work with many veterans and soldiers. A few bad apples, but great men in general. I just hope one day our government stops sending guys like you into harm's way for the benefit of a few extremely rich people in America, Europe, and the Middle East.
God bless.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CourageousEyesoftheHeart

Sad to see and sad to say that the time America was needed is gone. Not that the world doesn't need that kind of spirit, it certainly does. However America as it is today does not live up to America's past.

What a great post!

First,I think the world today,wouldn't be the same,without what America has done in the past. I still think the world NEEDS America.We have to look to history,to see that without the US,The worlds dictators,and fascist rulers lust for War will spiral out of control. The real change we need,has to come from American citizens first,I believe. As a good poster once stated in a thread, "We need an Enema" in the States,and he wasn't joking. That still shouldn't be a reason to LUMP all Americans,into the BLAME. America has been waking up,yes slowly,but for the good.

Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I dont hate Americans, just the ones who run the show. But the same can be said for pretty much every country in my view. All the world leaders including the puppets and the ones that pull the strings are as bad as each other. And for the very small percentage of politicians who actually do have good intentions and are in it to really try and make positive progress throughout the world, they might as well quit while they are behind. They are poweless over these "invisible" string pullers & they are only fighting a lost cause!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thanks for explaining that. I never had heard that term.
No, it's really NOT apples to oranges. I'm saying that - across the board - I don't like control freaks. Doesn't matter where they pop up - America, middle east, my family...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
America is no different today than any other period of time.

America is no different than any other country of history past anyone who has studied world history knows this.

But peoples favorite pastime is hating us true evil exist's in this world and they never have experienced it but pay no attention to that and let them run their mouths all safe and sound hiding behind their little keyboards and computer screens.

Anywhere else in the world that would have been silenced with a bullet to the head a real police state.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

what gives you the right to say who CAN or CAN'T have nuclear weapons.

Me personally?

Again,this is EXACTLY why I wrote the thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Just because some argues against the Foriegn Policy of the US, does not mean they hate the US.

But you asked , so I`ll tell you what I hate about the US.

When did French Fries become Freedom Fries.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Look, I'm not "nit-picking" you. For whatever you do, have done, or will do, congratulations. I wish you well.
I do not, however, need to be reminded of the subject of a thread I'm posting on.
I do, however, see that you have nothing positive to say, parade hateful photo's, make snide remarks, and these type of inputs, completely one-sided and they themselves "nit-picked" only serve to fuel an unrighteous fire.

Again, I wish you well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join