It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hatred for America, have at it ATS

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well Im out for now ya'll, goin to watch king of the hill, cuz after all I'm just a stupid old American red neck I tell ya what. Got dang it Bobby!
edit on 21-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: FOR THE LOVE OF PROPANE AND PROPANE ACCESORIES!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm not sure when it became "American" to bully other countries and then declare war on them when they are disgruntled, declaring that "We" are spreading democracy as We set up puppet governments...

Up until WWII, We were all for leaving the rest of the world alone (mostly).

So... Yeah, I guess "protecting" Ourselves from the enemies We made is "American."

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK
reply to post by korathin

WTF? What part of his post was dilution drivel? Did you read his entire post and could you explain which parts you disagree with other than the NAtive American comment?

The part I spent the rest of my post disagreeing with. "Native" American's got a bargain by being allowed the level of independence they have. Granted many Tribes are being swindled by their own Tribal Elders, but these problems are a different matter that needs to be addressed in a sane, rational and truthful manner.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Soldier I think you mean well...but I think too many in the Occupy movement were suckered by the Obama administration and radical operatives, and I've read the list of demands and most of them read like the Democrat Party agenda. I do agree that our right to dissent against government tyranny needs to be preserved, but the Occupy movement went too far with it. Just like when Medea Benjamin goes around taunting the security at the Jefferson Memorial or going to Egypt to stir the pot there. She is getting what she asked for, chaos and anarchy.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I don't mind you ripping my government apart what so ever I hate my government. I'm saying the people who come here to trash us as a people. You can't deny it happens A LOT here.

You are a democracy, which means the government represents the people. Some of us don't care about what fantastic explanations you invent to claim your government is not representative of the people. Fewer and fewer by that BS anymore.

A democracy yes, but not entirely. Some tend to get it twisted. The United States is a republic and representative democracy. I think you are implying that the US practices direct democracy? Not so.

Republicanism in the United States

Republicanism is not the same as democracy, for republicanism asserts that people have unalienable rights that cannot be voted away by a majority of voters.[5]

Here is the author and the book where Wikipedia cites their source.

Constitutional History of the American Revolution, Volume I

Therefore, there are clear separations between the elected officials and the whims of the mob. In principle, the elected representatives are supposed convey the whims of their constituents within the legislature and federal government. To put it simply, a vote on legislative items or the composition of legislation by itself with the concerns of the elected official's constituents in mind. It gets far more complicated than that, but that is the crust of it. That is how it is set up, but in practice it often gets skewered.

As it stands now, people still go to the ballot boxes for congressional elections and presidential ones. They are representative of the people as you say. However, most of people elect their particular candidate in good faith that their views will be represented reasonably and responsibly according to the law. However, that does not always happen. Politicians tend to take free reign with the powers granted by the people whom elected them. The overall betterment of society tends to get marginalized by lobbyist activities and special interests. In that climate, the voice of many go unnoticed. No government is a immune from it. Some believe, since it is the US there is no room for corruption or avarice on the part of politicians or government? Every dog has fleas. People really think that the US is some utopian paradise free of the same problems that plague the world? That is not the case, and the US has problems like any other nation.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
what if anti-americanism is to be treated as if something like anti-nazism? in the sense that we dont want the world to be fat and lethargic because they think its cool, or disrespectful, ignorant, american qualities..not all americans but the generalization and undeniable occurances of such actions, add in the militarism and it's worse actually, cause they justify it with fake liberty and justice etc...seriously need to reform america

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Never mind

PEACE
edit on 21-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ujustneverknow
SERIOUSLY?

Yeah, seriously!

That's quite a statement.....thank goodness you don't represent the masses. It's NOT b.s....you are very wrong, Most of us are very aware that we are sheep and our "freedom" is an illusion. You know nothing if you are not a long time citizen of the U.S.

I am not an American and don't represent anybody but myself. I am not talking about your "freedoms" or the lack there of. You vote your governments in and are responsible for their actions, especially when you keep reelecting the exact same kind of people. Your government represents you precisely because you choose them. It may not represent each individual, but certainly represents the collective. If you are sheep, that is your problem. Sure there is "blame" on sheep, but sheep shouldn't claim to be respected like human beings either.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm not sure when it became "American" to bully other countries and then declare war on them when they are disgruntled, declaring that "We" are spreading democracy as We set up puppet governments...

Up until WWII, We were all for leaving the rest of the world alone (mostly).

So... Yeah, I guess "protecting" Ourselves from the enemies We made is "American."

Yah except for WWI when Americans just volunteered to help out. WWII was the draft and so was Viet Nam. But look the world would be speaking German were it not for all the Allied forces. Did you think we ran that gamut all by our little ol selves? Germany was encroaching on Russia then. and guess what! The whole time, Russia was running Gulags just like Hitler's camps. Then there was the Cold War. China was directly in N Korea pushing Communism, and was indirectly in Viet Nam, Cambodia, and laos. So, that was all about stopping communism before it got to us. Those war efforts of course were always sabotaged by the radical Left and people like Jane Fonda who were literally helping the enemy. She has apologized but she still married Communist Ted Turner. I guess once a communist always a communist and same goes for Putin.
Communism is like a cancer spreading and metastisizing.
Now the communists and the International Globalists are running things from inside our country. I really never thought I'd see the day when there was a communist coup takeover but it happened in 08 and still half the country hasn't figured it out.
They are trying to rewrite the Constitution, Soros and his merry band of Robin Hoods. They need to be thrown out on their ear and our country returned to the greatness it once was and could still be.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I got into it with some jerk from the UK in one thread. He was very bellicose towards America, and it angered me. I usually don't care what anonymous people say on forums because quite frankly I'm better than that--to allow myself to be baited that is, but this guy was a real belligerent. America has earned a lot of its ire, but a lot is also unwarranted. America uses too many resources honestly, and it would be better for our global image, for Earth itself, and for our culture to nurture a less materialistic national identity. That said, I think a lot of hatred towards America is because of our affluence and power. Other countries want America to have less so they can have more. They want our wealth to decrease so that theirs may increase. They want our power to wane so that theirs might wax. Basically, I think a lot of these countries hate America because they want to become the new America--opulence, excess and all--which won't fix anything and the whole cycle of international jealousy/hatred/envy will come into fruition against someone else. People need to stop blaming entire nations and start holding individuals accountable since indivduals are the foundation of communities, cultures and nations. Americans aren't so different from everyone else. We're smarter and more compassionate than much of the world gives us credit for, and while our ship has blown off course we Americans are capable of righting the ship.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ujustneverknow
SERIOUSLY?

Yeah, seriously!

That's quite a statement.....thank goodness you don't represent the masses. It's NOT b.s....you are very wrong, Most of us are very aware that we are sheep and our "freedom" is an illusion. You know nothing if you are not a long time citizen of the U.S.

I am not an American and don't represent anybody but myself. I am not talking about your "freedoms" or the lack there of. You vote your governments in and are responsible for their actions, especially when you keep reelecting the exact same kind of people. Your government represents you precisely because you choose them. It may not represent each individual, but certainly represents the collective. If you are sheep, that is your problem. Sure there is "blame" on sheep, but sheep shouldn't claim to be respected like human beings either.

Yah just like Russian civilians were responsible for getting transferred around in cattle cars and thrown in gulags at gun point. You don't seem to grasp the controls of the evildoers.

Or take the example of Iranian students who were killed in the uprising there. It was brutal. Or that girl in Egypt who was brutally beaten to death by police.
There is another aspect to this bizarre NWO happening. Our traitor Presidents have been allowing foreign troops to train on our soil because they know American GI's wont kill their own civilians.
Many of us here are wondering about all the FEMA camps and Fusion Centers being set up around the country. We have watched all the surveillance cams going up. The NWO plans to imprison American citizens.
The Elite have no allegiance to any country. They think they can wage nuclear war on the populace of an entire world and survive themselves underground.
edit on 21-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Immune
I could personally careless what the world thinks of America or its citizens, if you don't like us come get us.

Count on it! But "getting" you will involve a devastation on a scale unseen or unheard of before. Every other possibility to contain/reform the USA has to be exhausted before that. But people like you are sure helping us feel that is the only option left. The numbers of those who are convinced that is the only option and little time left are gorwing by the day. One day soon, it will reach the critical numbers needed for action and then your wish will be fulfilled.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Western civilization is absolutely horrid and, as with many people, I am beyond bored with the tiresome old song about how kind and loving and helpful that Americans are. If you actually live in this country, then you know how unworthy of liking that most Americans really are--if, of course, you actually acknowledge the truth.

This country was founded on violence, hatred, cruelty, racism, disrespect, oppression, and outright evil--lots of negative qualities that this country thrived on for many decades. Today, America has improved in some ways and worsened in others. America is now a nation of child-worshiping, politically correct, positivity addicts that hold absolutely nothing sacred except their desperate need for sheepish, mindless, rainbow infested political correctness and happiness.

It is all too much to adequately express in a small comment.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
what if anti-americanism is to be treated as if something like anti-nazism? in the sense that we dont want the world to be fat and lethargic because they think its cool, or disrespectful, ignorant, american qualities..not all americans but the generalization and undeniable occurances of such actions, add in the militarism and it's worse actually, cause they justify it with fake liberty and justice etc...seriously need to reform america

Calling it Naziism is inaccurate. But one thing I've noticed is that after WW2 and shortly after Operation Paperclip, America adopted nationalism and combined it with theocratic elements (Neo Liberalism and Neo Conservatism), which inevitably leads to fanaticism. (American exceptionalism.)

The only reason this is compared to Naziism is due to the fact the Nazi's combined Nationalism with a blood religion, which also created fanaticism.

America pre WW2 was a completely different entity, it was that entity the world loved. The Soviet Union is gone, it's time to dismantle the war machine. It was not meant to be used by an oil cartel to invade countries for their resources.

edit on 21-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

The Saudis have quite a bit of opulence due to their wallowing in the riches of their oilfields. Who is criticizing them for it? They still do not have the spirit of freedom and liberty and the can-do spirit characteristic of the individuality of America. This is what we still have to offer the rest of the world if we can pull ourselves out of the muck and mire of the welfare and warfare state.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Was America not theirs first? YES
Wouldn't you react the only way you knew how when your very existence was threatened ?

Trying to force these Native Americans into submission is appalling , that and all the other atrocities that were committed , re-writing history is ridiculous because there will always be someone who has the truth.

The Native Americans were NOT given anything for what was done to them at the time , they loosely corralled them and eventually they were submissive , if you think it was anything other than that you are a stubborn ignoramus.
Men decided what was to be done at each shore they landed on....they dealt the plans , they forced themselves on lands that were not theirs to begin with and it's an injustice that I personally despise.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Immune
I could personally careless what the world thinks of America or its citizens, if you don't like us come get us.

Count on it! But "getting" you will involve a devastation on a scale unseen or unheard of before. Every other possibility to contain/reform the USA has to be exhausted before that. But people like you are sure helping us feel that is the only option left. The numbers of those who are convinced that is the only option and little time left are gorwing by the day. One day soon, it will reach the critical numbers needed for action and then your wish will be fulfilled.

What country are you from and what army do you have backing you up? Russian? Chinese? NKorean? Iran?

edit on 21-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Cheese?...I love cheese

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Perhaps You missed My point. I was not saying WWII was a bad thing, just that after it was over, We should have returned to Our mind-Our-own-business ways. NOT install dictators in So. America and the ME, not pound on other countries, not "spread democracy" at gunpoint.

I did not mean to imply We had no reason to get Hitler.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ujustneverknow

Yes, you are correct, the American Indian arrived here long before those of English, Spanish, and French descent. Up to 17,000 years ago.

After the Last Glacial Maximum some 15,000 to 17,000 years ago, one group entered North America from Beringia following the ice-free Pacific coastline, while another traversed an open land corridor between two ice sheets to arrive directly into the region east of the Rocky Mountains. (Beringia is the landmass that connected northeast Siberia to Alaska during the last ice age.) Those first Americans later gave rise to almost all modern Native American groups of North, Central, and South America, with the

www.sciencedaily.com...

I read something a while back that really made me think. America is known as the Melting Pot. So many people have come here from so many places. But what I read was a Theosophical piece about how it is the end of an age and the melting of many different kinds of people gives rise to a kind of breakdown of identity. This relates to past civilizations such as Atlantis, and subsequent generations of people who have been evolving in their "soul groups" and there has been a kind of convergence of different groups. A new soul group is to appear in South America. The whole Mayan calendar thing seems to correspond with the end of an Age, because that is what it is. The end of an age and the beginning of a new one.
I know this all sounds very abstract, but all the different migrations and ice ages and continental drifts and changes in land mass and tribes and cultures and so on reflect the evolution of various groups over long periods of time with an overlapping of the groups.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join