It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is the first time I'm hearing of shadow people. Truly.
I have a question, do these creatures appear only in full grown sized people dimensions? Because the thing is I see these people walking past me every time I close my eyes (and I do believe it is my brain trying to make figures out of the light that my maladjusted eyes are perceiving), but it is strange because I perceive a negative energy about them - or at least about their notion. I started seeing them since I was 13, to be more exact ever since the night my grandmother died. I was very spooked in the beginning, and I am even more so now.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
ive had one thing i remember, though not shadow person and i was between dream states and i JUST snapped out of my bed (upright but still in bed) so i dismissed it as a brain thing where dream imagery intertwines with current eye sight and creates temporary hallucinations. I think its also on wikipedia but forgot what it was called.

Basically i wake up and stand up on my butt and look to the left of me, this was very sudden as if i had an alarm go off and i shot up but instinctively my look went right that way, not ahead as i usually wake up straight and then move around.

What i saw was a volumetric cloud in the same of a human brain, about 1.5 times the size of a human full head ( so think 2-3 times the size of a normal brain). But it was a cloud and the brain shape is merely just an association of it at the time i made in my head.

The kicker was that it wasnt just see through, but it had actual holes in it and the cloud was ever moving within inside of it like water caustics (www.sfdm.scad.edu...). So think of that water texture, projection mapped onto a brain cloud, and only the caustic thin lines would have actual 100% black cloud darkness in them, but between them you could see through. They were also moving around just like the regular water does when the sun hits a pool as an example.

As soon as i noticed it, i looked at it with a wtf thought, then it started very slowly drifting away from me towards my windows and halfway through that it disappeared. But it was a very calm in its movements, almost like a probe that checked me out and everything was chill...Im more than sure it wasnt in our physical plane and very sure it was me most likely projecting it from my dream (which i dont remember), but the fact that an alarm went off in the back of my head while sleeping for me to wake up and instinctively look to my left like i was on autopilot is extremely weird.

It wasnt a nightmare and 99.9% of the time i have none. Ive had some gruesome dreams here and there but they were mass destruction glimpses in 1st person while i was surveying the area, but everything was always calm that i can remember. Generic stuff.

Anyways, thats my only shadow thing. No people and def no red eyes. That would scare the crapout of me. Shadows i can deal with, red eyes are freaky automatically, even if its from a bunny or a gerbil lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariadardanica
I have a question, do these creatures appear only in full grown sized people dimensions? Because the thing is I see these people walking past me every time I close my eyes (and I do believe it is my brain trying to make figures out of the light that my maladjusted eyes are perceiving), but it is strange because I perceive a negative energy about them - or at least about their notion. I started seeing them since I was 13, to be more exact ever since the night my grandmother died. I was very spooked in the beginning, and I am even more so now.

the being scared part is automatic of the unknown. its sort of a human thing that drives on auto without you having to process it. Much like a zebra in the wild that sees some bushes move and thinks it could be a lion even if its the wind or a bird. Self defensive tactics kick in and the scared factor puts you on massive alert.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have only heard of a few instances where Shadow People have actually done anything malicious.

The psychic named Amy on the TV program "The Dead Files" claims to have had experiences with these entities her entire life.

She claimed that as a child around the pre school age, they tricked her into nearly electrocuting herself to death which she feels was their intent.

And that was to claim her young soul....

After my last episode with the Shadow entity in my home, I was attacked while in my sleep and experienced the sleep paralysis.

What was interesting about that was that I could swear that I heard something shuffling around on the carpet whilst the entire episode transpired....

I cannot explain that away as a mere hallucination ....

Speaking of hallucinations .....my wife recently brought a mirror home that used to belong to her mom who is now passed.

I mentioned to her that mirrors were portals....and soon afterwards the following evening we heard a distinctive "hi there" which was her Mom's greeting while my wife and i were on opposite sides of the house....we both heard this as clear as a bell.

I don't fear any of this but from a scientific perspective i do find it very intriguing !

Peace

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CENSORED
HI guys

i wonder what you think of my situation
since i was a little kid, 5-6 years old i always felt like i could feel something in the corner
or when i was sleeping something watching me, my vision is not too good though(i wear glasses for myopia) so i dont think i could ever pick up on something unless it was from a photograph but i always get a "feeling" like "something was there"
so what would that mean? are they shadow people? am i getting some psychic development? i never could see anything i just sense-feel things. i still continue to get these feelings, in my teen years i ventured off into reading online about occutislm and spirituality,not completely and i dont practice occultism but i did read some on it. when i was a kid i had fears going to sleep because i felt something was watching me lol not every day but on certain nights, never really could tell if i was seeing anything though, there were times where there were plenty shadows in a dark room though.

also whenever i read about ghost or shadow people (i love reading about shadow people) i listen to Wo Bist Du by Rammstein, it makes me feel very good and strong. whenever theres anything paranormal i always listen to Wo Bist Du lol
i like this video www.youtube.com...

edit on 20-1-2012 by CENSORED because: (no reason given)

At five or six years of age-- that would seem to be quite normal. The classic, "afraid of the dark" and "monster under the bed" is common at that age.

I have wondered why. Is it because of some growing awareness that the world has hidden dangers, or is it more spiritual-- that the world has invisible dangers?

When Mom or Dad show us nothing is there and yet we are not convinced-- is it irrational or is it because we know, inwardly, that something really is there-- it just cannot always be seen or perceived?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CENSORED
HI guys

i wonder what you think of my situation
since i was a little kid, 5-6 years old i always felt like i could feel something in the corner
or when i was sleeping something watching me, my vision is not too good though(i wear glasses for myopia) so i dont think i could ever pick up on something unless it was from a photograph but i always get a "feeling" like "something was there"
so what would that mean? are they shadow people? am i getting some psychic development? i never could see anything i just sense-feel things. i still continue to get these feelings, in my teen years i ventured off into reading online about occutislm and spirituality,not completely and i dont practice occultism but i did read some on it. when i was a kid i had fears going to sleep because i felt something was watching me lol not every day but on certain nights, never really could tell if i was seeing anything though, there were times where there were plenty shadows in a dark room though.

also whenever i read about ghost or shadow people (i love reading about shadow people) i listen to Wo Bist Du by Rammstein, it makes me feel very good and strong. whenever theres anything paranormal i always listen to Wo Bist Du lol
i like this video www.youtube.com...

I feel that children and women's brains are wired to be more sensitive to the sixth sense & the paranormal as part of an instinctual form of early warning radar.
This would explain why they experience more encounters with the paranormal than adults especially males do.

This is similar to how Children having a natural (brain wired) affinity towards sweets and distaste towards bitter flavors to protect them from ingesting poisons which characteristically are bitter in taste while young.
And why many children are picky eaters and later grow out of this tendency later in life.

Wo Bist Du ...never heard of it but to those who don't speak German it means "Where are You ?"

Peace

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
One thing I've noticed while reading many shadow people stories is that it seems like there are good and bad shadow people.

For example the one that quickly vanish or run away if you notice it. As if it knows your not supposed to see it or it doesn't want to scare you. And then the opposite, the ones that stand and stare or maybe try to frighten you on purpose.

If you do a google search about Jinn's, there does seem to be similarities behind the stories of Jinns and shadow people. It's possible that shadow people are Jinns.

Anyway keep sharing stories guys!

edit on 22-1-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I had subscribed to this thread awhile ago because the topic interested me, but never got around to reading it until just now.

Holy moly. I had no idea that there were so many people who'd seen these, too?

I have always seen shadowy shapes, but they usually do not have a specific form. The ones I normally see are odd, kind of bent over things, not quite human and not quite animal. They are perfectly black but the very thin outline of them is bright with many interspersed colors. I think that these are earth spirits of some kind, I cannot get a good sense of their intent, they are just present. I can, normally, only sense intent from spirits that I cannot actually see.

I have only seen one shadow man.

I was about six years old and living in the small desert town that I had been born in. Now, this town had once been part of a lake and, supposedly, dry lakes attract spirits. (Don't quote me on this, this is purely anecdotal information that is just something I've always been told by family members.) Spirits were nothing new to me at that point, as I'd encountered many of them in my several years of life in that town.

I shared a room with two of my younger sisters. I slept on the top bunk of a bunk bed.

I was having a lot of trouble sleeping, tossing and turning and very irritable. All of a sudden I felt like there was someone in the room. I opened my eyes and looked at the foot of my bed. On the wall, there was a man with red eyes. I felt like he was there to kill me. The feeling I got from him was just pure, seething, overwhelming malice.

I immediately buried my head under my blankets and wove a shield of protective words around myself, warding him off with the name of Jesus and reciting various Bible verses I'd regularly counted on when I was afraid. Eventually, I fell asleep. But, that was the most scared I have ever been in my life.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Thanks for starting this thread , its an amazing subject, i have been investigating the paranormal for years now and have also come across a couple of these so called shadow people, probably the most shocking was at an old mill in the south of England that we were investigating.

The mill had been converted into holiday lets for the summer holidays, there were 8 cottages to investigate and we soon discovered that one of the cottages seemed to have more activity than the others including one of the team members being thrown to the floor on the upstairs landing, later in the evening there were 6 of us in the living room of this cottage conducting an EVP session, when i noticed that i could see what seemed to be an figure stood in the corner of the room and the only way to describe what i was seeing was like the alien in close encounters the one with the long gangly arms but as a solid black shadow. I thought at the time that i was the only one that could see this and assumed that it was a trick of the light, but it wasn't until two of the other team members that were sat on a sofa asked whether anyone else could see the person in the corner that i realized it wasn't a trick of the light and that it was visible to everyone in the room, at this moment there was a pungent smell that resembled a cross between sulphur and gone off meat that we could all smell. It seemed to disappear as quick as it had appeared.

We did have other incidents happen through out the night but no where near as interesting or shocking as this one.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
When i was 18 i had to have brain surgery to remove a tumor. after the surgery I couldnt take the meds they made me sick this went on for about a week and a half before i was rushed back to the hospital. in my near death state I saw these things in my room unable to move from my bed because of the pain i could do nothing but watch as they walked around got in my face and seemed to be screaming at me but there was no sound. this happened for a year after words they seemed to fallow me around from place to place. I could only make them out in a darkened room because they seem blacker. the outlines of these things scared me seemed like they knew that. I can recall 7 of them sitting or standing at the end of my bed even walking around my room waiting for what i dont know. If anyone else if you could give me more info about this i would really like to know a bit more. im 24 now i dont see them anymore but i have to have surgery again in 7 years.. i felt as if these things were waiting for me to die and drag my soul who knows where they never seemed like they are good which scares the hell out me.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I see them a LOT, and I like them. We get along ok.
Once one of them scared the crapola out of me, but ended up saving my hide by doing it. (Because I got up and locked windows and doors before would be rapist tried to get in my house, giving my neighbor a chance to call the cops. If it had not been for that shadow person, I would have been asleep with the windows all open and just a screen door shut.)

So I like em.
I put the question of shadow people to a group of solitaire witches that I am associated with once. Several had very positive experiences with shadow people seeming to warn them like that.

For instance, one person told of seeing a shadow person walking down a hall from a child's room. She would normally have not went in the room, but did because of seeing that, and found the child incredibly sick with a really high fever that needed a trip to the ER.

Now, a Christian or someone afraid might have blamed the shadow person for making the child sick. BUT, this person saw it as a warning and was thankful. I saw my experience the same way.

I thought that was interesting. In any event, they are welcome here. Once I even saw a shadow tree beside a large shrunk that I have. I figure maybe it was the spirit of the tree that's wood made it. I don't know. A glimpse of another reality/world? That was puzzling.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

This is an excellent thread. Very well put together. My very first radio shows were on shadow people. To be honest we ran out of time doing the first episode so we had to continue the following week with part 2.
Here are some links for anyone that would like to listen to the shows. Some very powerful experiences were shared.
Shadow People Pt.1.
Shadow People Pt.2
I have seen these beings since a very early age. My children have seen them as well. They are not good.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariadardanica
I have a question, do these creatures appear only in full grown sized people dimensions?

It might sound crazy as heck, but the one that woke me up and scared the crap out of me (and it was a good thing it did!) was short and looked....like a knight, with the helmet and armour, but he was only about maybe 4'8 or so. Not even 5' tall, but like a little man's that was a knight's shadow, but without the knight.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

What causes a shadow person to become one, as oppose to becoming a regular ghost?
Anyone??

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Cool. This kind of thing, along with "ghosts", strikes me as dimensional overlap. We could very well be doing the same thing to them.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Wow. Way for the shadow people to look out for you. Sometimes I wonder what gets me up in the middle of the night.

My best friend was sleeping over once and I woke up to her talking. She was sitting up, sweating, panting and telling me to "get them away from her." She said there were shadows all around her looking at her intensely. It went on for about 5 minutes, and during that I couldn't seem to get her to look away from them. She just wouldn't snap out of it. When it stopped, she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hhott

I have seen shadow cats myself several times in my home. My wife swears that there is a ghost cat that has followed her for years, and though it's always out of the corner of my eyes, I swear that I've seen it. The first time I saw it, it was sitting on the back of my daughter's high chair. At the time I thought it was one of our cats, and went to shoo it away, but alas there was no cat there. Next time I saw the cat, it was sitting on the couch on the other end from me, we no longer had cats at this time, so I no longer had a reasonable explanation for what I was seeing.

I see him once or twice in a given year, and have come to look forward to his visits.

As for shadow people, I hope I never run into one.... I really, truly do.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I've often heard of shadow dogs following people home like they're their owner.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Love this thread S+F. What I find really amazing and actually could see as some sort of circumstantial evidence of shadow people is this little quirky fact.
Death in Germany [at least before the internet homogenised the image] used to be depicted as a guy with a large black wide rimmed hat and a scythe. Not the image of a hooded character.
As a kid I was petrified of hats like that for that reason, I couldn't even look at the brandy with the silhouette of a man with such a hat on.

Now what I find interesting is what came first?
Obviously the shadow person must have been first, people must have seen it even back then and believed it to be death! Looking at the first two images of this thread, both to me are how we imagine death to look like, most people know the hooded version but Germans will mostly recognise the hat version.

Also the fact that these shadow people sometimes seem to be seen when someone dies [my own grandma saw them coming for her and my mum dreamed about them coming to get said gran]. So is it too far fetched to put two and two together and imagine that this is what death looks like?
When in fact it may have always been 'just' shadow people?
I have always wondered about this link

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Quite interesting.
I see shadow people quite a bit. So to add my experience... I have seen some in peripheral view as well as face to face (basically further away from the corner of my towards to right in front of me) and many times longer than a quick second. I've seen them stay in front of me as long as 2-3 minutes. Though, the ones ive mostly seen have been medium to short, like average height woman maybe to child size. It was black masses with lots of smoky black trails around them, especially when they flew off or ran off. I believe they have an agenda against me but i'm not entirely sure. For one, I believe they are trying to taunt me/trick me/scare me. For what, I do not know for sure, but I believe they are evil and want me to suffer for SOMETHING.

I love the subject of shadow people.

Interesting what one person said about black mass is one that isn't formed yet, because some of the ones I have seen have been short or child-like in height. I do not understand shadow people 100% but would like to learn a lot more as I believe they have a very evil agenda against me plus as it's interesting in subject matter.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join