It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have seen the shadow man once and it was full frontal. It was tall and had the hat. It was blacker than black. I never knew about the shadow ppl before this, so when I looked up the three descriptions I just mentioned, that is when I first learned what they were about. It was very validating seeing the three descriptions I used over and over to describe what I saw, only to have it show up as a paranormal subject that is now pretty common. I was blown away. Something has been with me since that time 5 years ago, but never showed up as a shadow ever , as of now, anyway. I have seen the shadows scatter around in my lucid dreams, but not in "real" life.

What ever has attached its self to me, also approaches me during lucid dreams and used to scare the crap out of me, but now I laugh. It takes me by the feet and swings me around and I act like a little kid being swung around. I have fought it in my dreams. I have talked to it in my dreams. The information I got was it's not to crazy about me, but doesn't hate me and that it is a shape shifter, which I already knew. I believe it is a Djinn. The thing is that I've had a huge awakening because of this being. Is there more than one? I wonder sometimes. There is a yin yang, love/hate thing going on, so that is why I question multiple beings. Why have I learned so much since an "evil" being showed up in my life? That doesn't make sense to me

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sublimy99

I just heard about this guy on Coast to Coast the other night Hedi Hollis was on talking about the Hat Man and Shadow people and it was very interesting. Sounds terribly creepy. I just got done reading thru a 4-page thread on here of Hat Man Stories, was very cool. Here's the link.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

They are beings that have the ability to roam in between the physical and non-physical worlds. There are higher dimensional realms which overlap our physical world, and beings like shadow people, spirits of the deceased, and skilled astral travelers inhabit the non-physical (along with many other entities).

They could also be negative manifestations created by a traumatized conscience, or fear.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I've not been sensitive to any sort of paranormal activity that I'm aware of. However I did take this photo at work and this is the best place to share such an image. Around 11pm I felt something near me while I was using my cell phone so I turned to view my surroundings and saw this. I hit my high-beams in an effort to disprove my eyes but it didn't work..
imageshack.us...
edit on 11-2-2012 by brad007 because: trying to get picture to post

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I thought I saw one when I was a kid. I all ways try to convince my self some of the things I saw as a kid was just my imagination as I once saw worzil gumage in my nans kitchen and that defo was my imagination. so I put a lot of the weird # I saw as kid down to my own mind.

But this is one of the things that sticks with me. I was about 7 years old and had that bad feeling like someones watching you as I came down the stairs in the dark, I turned around and saw the shape of a guy standing at the top of the stairs. He was as dark as the rest of the up stairs and could only make him out by a faint blue line of what looked like static around him.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Not all shadow people are cloaked, wear top hats, or move in a jerky fashion. But every single time I have experienced them I feel this cold creepy hair raising feeling. They aren't always shy either, and sometimes I've watched them and they seem to perform for me, in an eerie sort of carny fashion! I find them scary, and every time I've seen these critters something bad has either happened, is happening or will happen.

I trust my intuition, these guys aren't ghosts of humans or anything like that. I think they are some kind of shade or lowly form of demon, as they seem to exude fear and feed off your reaction. The one's I've seen are always this eerie shade of black too, like shimmering oil. Blacker than black, shiny and velvety looking. I put a lot of significance on the color because it's so unnatural, almost like computer led lights. Unearthly.

When I was a small child I used to see the robed guys a lot, often with glowing red eyes and they were scare the bejeezus out of me while I was trying to sleep. I wasn't a monsters in the closet kind of kid, neither was I afraid of the dark, except when I saw them. I stopped seeing them until I was late teens. I was going through some unpleasant stuff, my car was stolen and my grandfather died. My parents and I weren't on the best terms, and I was going through a period of depression. During this time I would occasionally see tiny shadow people in groups, doing things that were really creepy. I'd see them head on, and watch them and every time I felt fear and apprehension. Once or twice I saw the wraith like guys with the red eyes, pretty sure they are vampires of some sort, feeding on your negative emotions.

My most memorable encounter with them was 4-5 years ago, my sister was going through some serious psychic stuff. She had something oppressing her, she says it told her it was a demon and it was showing her terrible things like dissolving into the abyss and feeling her soul being destroyed. At first I didn't believe her, thought she was just freaking out or something, but one night we were hanging out drinking a few beers and I experienced it too. It was like having your third eye opening wide and seeing this black hole from it there was this voice that was unlike anything I've ever experienced before. It echoed, sometimes the echoes would be backwards like it was going back and forward in time and then it would appear and I could see in my minds eye as clearly as I see this screen a demonic figure. It called itself Bael, and it would tell me horrible things, like I was going to be murdered or thrown in prison and .. you know what happens in prison to middle class white kids like me... Then it would say things and my sister would repeat what it said shortly after, like she was being controlled. I'm not gonna continue relating the strange parts of this experience because there are a lot and you probably already think I'm crazy, but I will say that I started performing an exorcism. Several times, and it would disappear for a a minute or too and then re-manifest, I realized I couldn't get rid of it unless my sis let go of her connection to it, fortunately it did go away shortly after this.

When I tried to sleep that night, that's when I saw the shadow people. I suddenly felt like someone was shaking me violently, I sat up almost immediately. The sun was starting to rise, and the room was bathed in a sort of twilight. At the base of my bed I saw a wolf, with fiery blue eyes staring at me. I sat up, tried to shake it off and looked at the window, I saw these tiny shadow creatures dancing around a fire on my wall. They had spears in hand and over the fire was another shadow being on a stick roasting in the flames. It was like some tribal ritual, and I watched with an eerie fascination. They soon realized I was watching and stopped their dance, and slowly turned toward me. As if that wasn't creepy enough they then jumped off the wall and began walking across my bed toward me. I started to pray, it was scary. Eventually they left me alone, but I don't think they meant well.

Anyway I've gone on long enough, tried to include the most important parts of the experience as well as my feelings about them. No I wasn't high at the time, and yes I'm pretty sure that house was haunted. I haven't experienced them since I moved out.

P.S. Oh, and this is important, when I saw these guys on the wall there was this black smoke in the air all around me. No I wasn't smoking.
edit on 8-7-2012 by angrypossum because: Left out an important detail

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I saw one of the hooded figures when I was a small child, around 5 (so this was around 25 years ago).

I spent a lot of time at my grandmother's house. One day she and I were alone. She would always use the shower in the basement, and when we were alone I would join her, as I normally didn't like to be in her big house alone. This was not unusual. What was unusual, is that as I sat on the closed toilet seat waiting for her to finish showering, I heard a distinct but light knock on the bathroom door.

I had an odd feeling, but not really thinking much of it, I stood and opened the door. Standing directly before me in plain sight was a very large figure (took up most of the doorway) which appeared as a shadow, but wearing something like a hooded robe. Made me think of cartoonish portrayals of the Grim Reaper, except this thing looked like it was made from the SUBSTANCE OF SHADOW. (if you follow what I mean there)

Freaked out, I slammed the door shut, turned the knob-lock, and screamed. Watching in horror, I actually saw the doorknob jiggle as my grandmother jumped out of the shower to see what was wrong. When she opened the door there was nothing. But for some reason, she believed me, and she seemed just as shaken as I was....

Never forgot this, and I'm sure I never will.

I may have had other experiences as an adult, with some of the peripheral ones, but I've always explained it away as something or other. I could tell some stories.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
One final point: Some may find this dumb, some fascinating, and I hope I'm not breaking the rules by mentioning this, but it REALLY does seem related..... There is a particular illicit substance (used as a drug), it was first sold as a "research chemical" but is now illegal in much of the world. Very powerful and legendarily addictive stimulant. When a person binges on stimulants, for several days or more, forsaking sleep, it is not uncommon to develop symptoms of what is called "stimulant induced psychosis." This can take a lot of forms, but 2 of the hallmarks of this are fear/paranoia and hallucinations.

Where it gets interesting, is that this ONE substance in particular is notorious for driving people batty. Think face-eating zombies and you're starting to get the picture. I'm not saying I have personal experience, but I will tell you that I'm well authorized to speak on this topic, and have spent years researching it. I'll call this stuff "P." Anyway, it has been long known that if a person eats adderall or does meth for a week straight, they will start to bug out, becoming paranoid, likely delusional, and possibly hallucinating. But this P stuff is notorious for pushing people off the edge after only a couple/few days of continous use (and being very habit-forming it invites continuous use). But where it becomes even more interesting (and yes, finally relevant) is that one of the most common hallucinations is "shadow people." They are described, somewhat consistently (IMO) with the hallmark features of the "shadow people" phenomenon that we are discussing. Often of the peripheral type, but not always. Jerky movements. Very ominous.

Heard a story from one person who had taken this stuff, and stood at his peephole, watching the shadow of a person climbing his stairs (the shadow was on the ground next to the stairs, which themselves, were empty.). Some interesting stuff, although easy enough to dismiss as drug induced delusion. But is it perhaps possible that there is a substance out there that allows people to see such things easier? By tuning in to their frequency? It is said that the shadow people may be feeding on fear... If so, the massive paranoia induced by this drug might make a great meal for one of them. Or perhaps, those experiencing this phenomenon when "sober" are actually experiencing some kind of temporary neurochemical anomaly for some reason. (Regarding this last speculation, I've long wondered this about other phenomenon, for example, '___' and UFO phenomenon)

Again, please forgive me if this is against the rules. I can see how we wouldn't want a great thread like this to descend into a bunch of stories about whacked-out hallucinations, but it seemed like an interesting idea, and rather relevant....

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Yup saw 2 of these assholes, one standing and one crossed the road and hid behind the car on the other side while I was cycling as a 7 year old. Got home cried about it but no one believed it of course.

They were very clear though, as if you took a sheet of super black paper and cut a person out of it.. very smooth roundings.

my 2 cents, peace.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam
But where it becomes even more interesting (and yes, finally relevant) is that one of the most common hallucinations is "shadow people." They are described, somewhat consistently (IMO) with the hallmark features of the "shadow people" phenomenon that we are discussing. Often of the peripheral type, but not always. Jerky movements. Very ominous.

I agree, for example some people believe meth shows them demons and hell. I won't say they're wrong, because the drug combined with sleep deprivation might very well open up those doors in the mind. The thing that I find interesting, is the similarities between sober and non-sober reports of shadow people, they almost always incite fear. I tend to believe they are lowly demon type creatures that exist just outside our reality. They feed on our negative emotions, and can manifest when we've touched evil in some way. Perhaps some aren't evil at all, but I've not been lucky enough to meet one I'd consider friendly. What bothers me is why I sometimes see black tendrils of smoke in the presence of these guys, anyone else experience this phenomenon?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
A few years ago my wife and I were in our living room which has a 6 foot sliding door out onto our deck. I noticed a shadow man looking thru the window and when I looked he ran off to the left. It was late afternoon but still light out. I turned to my wife and she said "you seen that too, didn't you". I went on to describe it as a large Boris of The Bullwinkle cartoon. She agreed and we were finishing each others descriptions. I've read where some think they are sentinals and preceed an abduction. Who knows, but we both know what we seen and nobody can convience us otherwise. We've not seen anything since...and i'm very glad.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I'm very scientifically inclined and require investigations for just about everything but my friends and I used to go "shadow hunting" which was just going out to look for shadows because we've seen some and wondered what they could be. Well, what we quickly learned is that they are not your friend and they are not worth investigating. They are evil, and they can and will attack. We also know from experience that they tend to gather in groups in certain locations at certain times. For us it was roughly 2am in the forest past a certain point. I'm going to cry now (I'm not joking)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
"Shadow People." It's just one of many terms to describe the SAME THING....

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by Vrill

This is an excellent thread. Very well put together. My very first radio shows were on shadow people. To be honest we ran out of time doing the first episode so we had to continue the following week with part 2.
Here are some links for anyone that would like to listen to the shows. Some very powerful experiences were shared.
Shadow People Pt.1.
Shadow People Pt.2
I have seen these beings since a very early age. My children have seen them as well. They are not good.
As an added note, a very recent experience has revealed that my previous intuitions about there being an ongoing battle between light and shadow was confirmed. I am not sure if I am ready to share this experience yet but know that if you have a guardian.. many of us that see the shadows do... they will make their presence known by affecting your lights. Brightening them is confirmation that they are there with you and flickering them is their way of telling you that something is wrong and you need to be on guard.
Just sharing this for those that are interested in knowing.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
"Shadow People." It's just one of many terms to describe the SAME THING....

Ninjas?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have encounter these dark spirits all my life, and the fact is they are demonic in nature. Think of them as spirits of death, for that is their nature. They will attack, possess you, even drain you. If they possess you, you will fall into deep depression and suicidal thoughts, even thoughts of taking other lives. It took me a long time to fight these spirits, now I have the wisdom to keep them away. Which is one of the reasons I wrote self-help book on dealing with them.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think they are demons of some sort, possibly different types depending on their presentation.

The house that I grew up in was full of them. There were the peakers that would peak around the corner and disappear when you looked at them dead on. Then there were the larger man-sized shadow figures that I always seemed to run into in the hallway. None I ever saw had hats or anything, but were more of less man-shaped and made of "shadow". My parents line was always that there was nothing there and I was just imagining things. I would try my best to pretend I didn't see them. Sometimes I would walk by while one stood there and watched me and other times it/they would fade away and back through the walls. I was terrified of sleeping. I would often wake to find one standing near my bed or the doorway. I spent a lot of time running to my parents bed terrified. They, of course, always told me I was imagining things.

When I was a teen we moved to a different house. I would still see peakers from time to time, but there was not nearly the kind of activity in as in the first house. But, that's not to say that nothing happened either. One night there was a really large one that appeared and was watching me go about whatever I was doing. Initially it stood in my doorway and watched as I was doing something in my bedroom. When I finally decided I was going to more or less stare it down, it disappeared when I looked at it for a few seconds. Later, it came back again when I was in the bathroom doing my hair and makeup. I can't remember if I saw a shadow in the mirror or if I was just aware that there was a presence. I turned around to see it behind me at the toilet. It disappeared into the walls. I called my boyfriend a little freaked out because this thing was not leaving me alone. He came over and his initial line to me was that I was imagining things, etc. Until he saw it himself. It looked around the doorway while we were in my room talking about it. My boyfriend turned ghost white and couldn't get out of the house fast enough. My sister, whose room was down the hall and had also previously seen a few of these, caught on to what was going on and came outside not too long after us. So the three of us sat there and tried to figure out how to get rid of it. We were pretty sure it was some sort of demon, but had heard all sorts of stories about people trying to confront them and terrible things happening. We were scared to tell it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ like we had heard to do before. I think that was our plan, but when we went back inside later, we didn't see it again.

Some time later (a year or so?) I had an experience with a red-eyed shadow figure. I am convinced these guys are more powerful than they typical shadow figure and in this case it manifested as a physical being for a time. This happened the day after Easter, or Easter night actually. I was asleep and this happened sometime between 11pm and dawn. I was awakened out of my sleep by my door opening. I looked up to see my mom opening the door and she stood in the doorway. I looked at her confused because she stopped waking me up years before. She said, "I thought I'd wake you up since some of us aren't so lucky to have the day off today like your sister." (My sister was in high school and had the day after Easter off. I went to the community college and did not). She then walked over to my bed where I was now sort of propped up on one arm. She gently took my free hand then yanked my arm around my back and pinned my on my stomach to my bed. As this happened, she changed from my mom into this smaller, grayish/tannish humanoid figure with large eyes. It kind of looked like gollum from lord of the rings. I don't know why, but I asked it, "Who sent you?" It answered in the creepiest voice, "Your Mother." I will never understand its answer. At this point I knew this thing is a demon. I couldn't seem to muster myself to tell it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ, so I prayed. Instantly it changed from the creepy gollum being to a shadow figure with red eyes. It seemed to stare me down as it slowly backed out of my room through the window and faded away. After it left, I shut my door then climbed back into bed and went back to sleep. I'm still amazed at the amount of peace I had, but I'm convinced Jesus took care of it!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I ran out of room!

After moving out of my parents house, I've had fewer experiences, but I feel more comfortable addressing these things, too. If I feel a presence I will pray or say, "In the name of Jesus Christ, leave this house." Sometimes I feel silly doing so, but I'd rather not deal with these buggers. I'm married now with kids and a house of my own. There have been a few peakers here and there and a few other odd experiences I'm not sure how to categorize yet, but nothing like before. Until a few months ago when my four year old started waking up scared out of her mind. Initially, I assumed she had a bad dream, but it started to happen nightly. My husband and I began to suspect demons/shadow figures were messing with her, so the next time we asked her what was scaring her once we could get her to calm down enough to even talk to her. She told us there was something scary going around her room. We asked her what color--black. With red eyes. I turned to ice. We then tried to ask her other questions about it. Somewhere in the midst of this, she got a deer in headlights look and her eyes started to track something around the room. My husband and I tried to pin down where she was looking, but we could see nothing. It was obvious to me that she was looking at something even though we couldn't see it. With as much sternness as I could muster (I was a bit terrified at this point), I said, "In the name of Jesus Christ, leave!" I couldn't see anything, but I felt this cold tingling sensation whoosh through my body from the top of my head and out through my toes. My husband I consoled our daughter some more and got her to go back to sleep. When we were back in bed he asked if I had felt the same thing he did and he described the same tingling sensation.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
edit on 20-3-2013 by Saorsainn because: Double post, sorry.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have only shared this experience with my husband because I felt people would tell me i was making it up or it was my imagination. But after watching these videos I know what I saw was real. This now scares me more. When I was 13 I was in the back seat of my mom’s car at night going home from somewhere. We were on a not very populated road. I was looking out the window at the trees line and saw, right next to my door, a black silhouette of a person running beside the car. At first i thought it was a shadow of a person running at night (because in our area there were military and they would exercise at night) but then it dawned on me we were going 40mph and there was no way someone could keep up with us. Then I thought it was the way the streetlights were shining thru the trees but then i noticed the trees were way back from the road a good 100 feet. It kept up with the car for about 4 miles. I was too scared to say anything or turn my head. It wasn’t until we came to a stop sign that it disappeared. It was only 7pm so no, I was not asleep or drowsy. I never wanted to believe in the paranormal, or shadow people or ghosts but I have had too many experience to hide anymore. So I just keep myself as closed of psychic as possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join