It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Shadow People are being seen all over the world by people from all walks of life. You see them being discussed on the TV ghost hunter shows. They appear to be ghosts but are different from residual hauntings or intelligent hauntings. They are sometimes called Shadow Folk, Shadow Beings or Shadow Men. These beings are usually seen in your peripheral vision. The appearance is essentially a silhouette in black. The movements of these Shadow beings is said to be herky jerky with a lot of sudden starts and stops. They are said to not have the fluid smooth floating motion of your more typical ghost sighting. Its also said to be that this is the primary reason that they are often seen out of the corner of your eye. Shadow People also appear to be a solid black mass unlike the ephemeral and often translucent appearance of your run of the mill ghost sightings. They are said to not reflect light. Sightings of them are usually described as a black silhouette wearing a hat and other times, a hood or cloak type of attire.

Furthermore, unlike some of the friendly ghost sightings that are somewhat common, a lot of paranormal experts say that encounters with Shadow People are frightening and shocking. In fact, a lot of these experts think that the Shadow People are a subset of ghosts and that they are evil/negative entities. One theory is that Shadow People are said to represent a thought-form, ghost or demon created by someone that had a painful, trauma filled and suffering life that has passed over to the other side. Others say that Shadow People are summoned through black magic or other occult practices.

Lets take a look at some Shadow People evidence and videos.

edit on 17-1-2012 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

I LOVE shadow people! Well...not them, so much, but reading about them. They rank right up there with black-eyed kids!

Thanks for the thread, now I'm going to have to stay up a bit longer and watch all your videos...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If anyone else has any good Shadow People photo/video evidence to share from the web, please do so

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
My daughter saw one peaking around the corner from the kitchen to the living room. She let out this blood curdling scream. I ran to her and she said she saw a "nightmare". I asked her to describe it to me and she said it was a shadow with eyes that peaked around the corner and looked at her until she screamed and then it "went back around the corner". I don't know what she saw but it scared her big time. All the lights were on ( I have 3 kids, never a light out
) and it was late afternoon...not dark yet. I told her it was me and she wanted to know how I could move so fast. She still talks about it 2 years later. Weird crap.

Edit: I know this is just a personal story with no evidence to back it up. My daughter was 3 when this happened and she can still describe it...although I wrecked part of her memory by telling her it was me.
edit on 17-1-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
One of my paranormal favs, I have a book(partially done) that I am writing on them. I have a few experiences with them. One in particular, wasn't just myself that seen it. Thanks much for sharing!
edit on 17-1-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Shadow people, eh? I do remember, when I was much younger around five or six, I used to see these shadow people. But they were never in my peripheral vision only face to face. I remember seeing several one night crouching by the doorway of our apartment, with the hallway lights on. One night I awoke to find one of them in a hat and a cape standing at the foot of my bed with what looked like a cape flowing in the wind. Or I can never forget seeing one at my grandmother's house peeking around the corner of a doorway and my mom had happened to also see something.

That night at my grandmother's was the last time I had seen something paranormal.

The picture of the shadowperson leaning against the hallway sent chills up my spine because it looked exactly like what I had experienced.

I'm sorry I'm not much for stories, nor do I have any proof, but how could I was five or six

edit on 17-1-2012 by LR2543 because: because

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Mind giving us a sample of some of your experiences? I'd love to hear about some

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Excellent thread OP.

It made me think about my experience with a "shadow person" a long, long time ago.

I remember it very clearly..

My brother was in the bed next to mines, as we shared rooms. Late at night, although it was dark, lights would shine into the room from our half opened door & car headlights reflecting onto the walls.

I was wide awake in bed, when a figure looking very similar to the 2nd picture (trenchcoat & hat too) appeared at the foot of my bed. I stared as he moved around the foot of my bed..It really scared me back then, & all I could do was pull the bed sheets up to my face lol.

The weird bit is that I thought everybody was fast asleep at this point..Yet I turned to see my little brother with a fixed gaze at the shadowy figure too!

I'll always remember that scared look in his eyes as he turned to look at me.

I whispered, "can you see him?", to which my brother nodded in silence.

However it was only convenient for this shadow man to disappear when I turned to look back
edit on 17-1-2012 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Could they be inter-dimensional beings? Or perhaps Daemons?

Interesting website here: www.aestheteka.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

My girlfriend didn't know anything about shadow people when she told me the dream she had about one. She was reading The Celestine Prophecies when she had the dream. In the dream, he was standing in front of an open door wearing a hat just like the OP pics. Even weirder to me is that I had heard of shadow people before, but never with a hat. Then when I looked it up, that's when I found out many people see the "hat man."

I only mention the book she was reading because it spoke to her in the dream and said, "You finish that book, Ms. Summer, and I'll be seeing you again."

Needless to say she didn't finish the book because it was just as terrifying for her as anyone else.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
For anyone wanting to read about the Shadow People entities, the book by Jason Offutt is the bible of the subject to many.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill

Mind giving us a sample of some of your experiences? I'd love to hear about some

Here's one that stands out the most...in short...

Was staying on some family property one night, family and visiting family/friends were there. All of the sudden
my husband looks up at the same time I do...seeing something in our midst that was not another human, animal or the like-but had a human shape in the form of a dark mist. We were to say drawn to "it". Similar to what is shown in your posted images, the dark mist like "being" traveled into-we were looking in direction of an door exposing the room while exiting another room- the room in a straight line, taking no notice of us and dissipated right through the wall.,seemingly to the outside of the home...
We didn't talk of this to anyone else... assuming they would think we are nuts!
We starred in wonder is what we seen for real? Even investigated the situation... "Why would it appear, walk down the hall but vanish through a door?" etc.
Later on, found out that same day a friend of the family-who we found is curious of the paranormal thus why it was brought up-had seen the mist appear and go down the hall entering the room we had seen it go into and pass through the wall. Also, noted that they didn't mention it either on the bases of being called nuts. Keep in mind we were all sober. No one was playing tricks on us or anything of that matter, was in a normal room with no swinging cloth, animals to mistake for such a thing...more.

I say mist....it...being, as in context it has the shape of a person but androgynous, no remarkable facial or finger features, it was a dark mass.

One of those situations where wish we had a Cam at the time. *facepalm*
Needless to say I try to keep one handy at all times now

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I was trying to look something up (and wiki still has another 85 minutes!) but cannot recall the terms.

In Texas, there are two folklore traditional descriptions as to kinds of ghosts or spirits. I think one is a "HooDoo" and the other I cannot recall. It seems that one of those two types equates to the "Shadow" sort.

Can anyone come up with the missing term?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Interesting

Some experts say that when you see a black mist or black mass, that its a Shadow Being that has not fully developed yet.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
My shadow people comes in one or three, one is very tall so tall that he have to bend because my ceiling is to low for it, the other two are smaller.

I can never make out their faces and never have seen their eyes, they like to visit at night around 2:45 and give me a good scare.

Truthfully they have never harm me in any way beside the scare and I forgot they do wear what look like black hats in their heads, since my last experience last week everything is been quiet and I have not seen them again, usually they will come every so many weeks.

I don't feel that they are evil, just curious and obviously they do have an agenda, I feel that is the same ones all the time.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Its not Voodoo is it? I keep seeing Hoodoo and Voodoo next to each other when searching Google.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

I think me & my Grandma saw one of the ones with a hat, when I was a child.

She was dying of bowel cancer and died about two weeks afterward.

We were in our dining room which opened through an arch into our kitchen and it was late afternoon and the sun was going down.

Part of the splashback behind the kitchen benches was white laminex. And my grandmother turned towards it and suddenly took fright.

I quickly turned to where she was looking and I saw a shadowy black form in a hat and trenchcoat (like the detective Marlowe in old Humphrey Bogart movies). It was near a doorway that went out to our hall, but was in front of the white laminex and so was quite definite.

I started a bit and moved and probably blinked and the shape was gone. I helped grandma to a seat & checked that she was OK. I didn't mention what I'd seen and neither did grandma. We just assumed from each others reaction that we had both seen the same thing. She was crying, so I just cuddled her for a while.

I was really quite scared but I walked around the dining room and kitchen and looked from all angles to see if it was just a shadow or trick of the light, but I couldn't recreate what I had seen.

Thinking back later, I had wondered if it may have been my grandfather who had passed away soon after I was born & who I never really knew. I thought this because I felt like my grandmother knew who this person was (just one of those irrational impressions one gets when they are close to someone).

edit on 17/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

I got frustrated for the same reason. Thanks for trying. It'll come to me-- maybe if I sleep on it. The missing one connotes something about the back to me, like "spine" or some such.

I could be wrong about HooDoo, for that matter, but I think it is the term often paired with the other.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i've seen shadow figures a few times. never in my peripheral vision though, always right in front of my face. one time (in my early teens) i woke up in the middle of the night and saw a shadow beside my bed. it wasnt much higher than the mattress, so i thought it was just my pillow that had fallen over the side of the bed. when i reached over to grab what i thought was my pillow, my hand went right through it. i was pretty startled by that lol. about a year or so later is when i saw the top hat man, i rolled over in the middle of the night and saw it standing right beside my bed. over 6 feet tall, and you can clearly see the outline of the hat, and the coat. i've seen a couple others, a smaller figure that disappeared through the ceiling, and what looked like the shape of a man with wings hovering over my bed. they dont come across as really negative or evil to me. its startling to see them, but i dont really get scared or experience any strong negative feelings. i figured, if they wanted to harm me, they probably would have by now. i've been seeing them here and there for about 13-14 years.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Thanks for an interesting read vrill and all those that have contributed to thread.

I have seen shadow people all my life.
The first time was when i was about 6 years old and since then not a year goes by without me seeing and getting attacked by one. The last time i saw one was less than a month ago.
All my encounters have started by me waking in the middle of the night by these things which lead me to beleive i had a sleeping disorder of some kind like ,Sleep Apmea, however this isnt the case.
I have many stories concerning these encounters and none of them are pleasant.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join