It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philip Corso's Son Reveals That Roswell Craft Was A Time Machine

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by ZeskoWhirligan

You're playing semantic games.

No, I'm citing scientific FACT, not making sweeping generalizations as are you.

As for interstellar travel...we already have a few probes doing so, so of course this is a reality.

Umm, no, we have NO probes engaged in interstellar travel. The deepest space probes ever created by Mankind are the two Voyager probes, which were launched in 1977. They are currently on the edge of the Sun's Heliosphere — in fact, they're about 6 years away from crossing the Heliopause, where the Sun's solar wind ceases.

The Voyager probes, launched 35 years ago, using a gravity slingshot off of Jupiter to achieve their current velocity of 100,000 mph, have traveled approximately ONE LIGHT DAY, and they're STILL not out of our Solar System.

Now, to give you an idea of what REAL interstellar travel is, the Voyager probes must continue on course at 100,000 mph for the next 58,000 YEARS to reach the NEXT CLOSEST star, which is about 4 Light Years away.

This is NOT a viable time frame for interstellar travel. 58,000 YEARS to the next nearest star is meaningless to our interstellar objectives.

I mean, currently, we have NO technology capable of independently propelling a craft of any kind to 100,000 mph. That's about 5 times faster than our fastest current propulsion systems; yet 100,000 mph is FAR TOO SLOW for meaningful interstellar travel.

You think that's a "semantic game"...? No, that's called SCIENCE.

So, your assertion that we have probes currently engaged in interstellar travel is flat out wrong. The Voyagers have YEARS to go before they even reach the interstellar void. Additionally, your assertion that Time Travel is less credible than Interstellar Travel is flat out wrong.

Consider that, over the next 10,000 years, we MAY reach the next nearest stars if we develop highly sophisticated energy sources, propulsion systems and life support technologies (and we don't blow ourselves up first). Consider also that, thanks to Einsteinian Time Dilation, our colonies on any extrasolar planets will be hopelessly displaced in TIME from their Earthly origins.

By the time the first interstellar travelers reach Vega, for example, traveling at near-light-speed for 25 years, their Earth will have aged by centuries. In fact, by the time the FIRST interstellar explorers reach their intended destination, they will be shocked to find a well-established human civilization already waiting for them at Vega.

Alas, the advance of human technology on Earth will render the first interstellar explorers not only OBSOLETE but ARCHAIC before they ever reach Vega. Subsequent interstellar travelers will FLASH past the first explorers and reach Vega YEARS before the FIRST explorers arrive. The first interstellar explorers will, thus, have traveled centuries into the future to find themselves quaint and antiquated curiosities.

That's not semantics. It's what WILL happen unless we FIRST discover a means of overcoming the effects of Einsteinian Time Dilation.

See, we must FIRST address Time Travel before we address Interstellar Travel.

edit on 20-1-2012 by ZeskoWhirligan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
That Philip Corso Jr. says it the ship is from our future doesn't necessarily mean it's not somehow extra-dimensional (read other timeline) or extraterrestrial. The ship could be from a time/space that we would never occupy. Maybe it crossed over in space/time intentionally or maybe not.

This is the illustration of the craft that Corso Jr. says is accurate. It doesn't look too far advanced from what we have now (aerodynamic features) with conventional military aircraft. Since his dad claims the crash altered our future and accelerated our knowledge, maybe this was from a timeline that didn't have the crash. I will have to watch the full videos to see what Corso Jr. says.

edit on 22-1-2012 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

Supposedly, according to Corso Jr., the craft came from the year 2032 and that the military and company have to re-create the craft "again" to send back... "again" - or "all is lost". Because it created a looped and altered time-line, if we do not evolve to the point in the future where it supposedly came from, the time-line will jump to the other time-lines that are extremely negative. For example, a time-line where Nazi Germany won the war - or the Russians...

A mind-frack, indeed...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsair00

Supposedly, according to Corso Jr., the craft came from the year 2032 and that the military and company have to re-create the craft "again" to send back... "again" - or "all is lost". Because it created a looped and altered time-line, if we do not evolve to the point in the future where it supposedly came from, the time-line will jump to the other time-lines that are extremely negative. For example, a time-line where Nazi Germany won the war - or the Russians...

A mind-frack, indeed...

Actually, I don't see the continuity. Why would the Roswell Incident in 1947 affect the outcome of WWII?

I mean, I would be more inclined to think that Nikola Tesla was a time traveler who landed in the late 19th Century, inasmuch as his numerous patented inventions — from the Alternating Current Induction Generator to Radio to Fluorescent Lighting to Solid State Logic Gateways and more — completely CHANGED the world so dramatically that they seemed to come from another century.

Yet we know Nikola Tesla's biography, we know when and where he was born, we know his childhood, it's all documented. Same thing with Albert Einstein. Same thing with Max Planck. Same thing with Charles Steinmetz.

These people advanced our knowledge by CENTURIES over what came before, 40 years before Roswell.

Yet conspiracy theorists point to a bunch of debris in a remote field in New Mexico in 1947 as the START of our technological advances in the 20th Century.

That's bogus.

The transistor, for example, was the result of years of research and development — it didn't just pop into existence after Roswell. And LASER technology was being researched in the 1920s and 30s, for petesake, as was stereophonic recording and television.

All of these technologies have demonstrable development paths. None of them just appeared out of thin air.

As I said, the genius that suddenly arose out of the late 19th Century is more amazing than the technological TOYS we developed later in the 20th Century. I mean, Tesla was patenting technology that is the foundation of all our computer technology today — hardware developers are still amazed to find that their "new" creations were already patented back in 1898 by Nikola Tesla.

If there was deliberate time travel interference in the 20th Century, I don't see it back in the 1940s. Now, the 1960s were another matter altogether. It was that decade in which we decided to "go to the moon and do the other things"... And then JFK was assassinated. And then his brother was assassinated. And then we gave up on interplanetary travel, we just GAVE UP on colonizing the Moon.

Somebody didn't want us going to the Moon in the 60s and 70s, I think. They wanted to redirect our interests as a civilization. And that meant assassinating inspiring figures. Killing ideas. Killing inspiration.

So, yeah, I think we had a glut of Time Travelers in the 60s and 70s. But not in the 1940s.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It is possible that because intelligence agencies deliberately stole the work of Nikola Tesla, and many others, they may have decided to cook up a scheme to suggest that various new technologies were back-engineered from "aliens" - to avoid lawsuits over intellectual property and patenting etc. etc. Not to mention the old plan to unite the world via an alien contact or threat or something outside Earth, to bring humanity and their industries, and possibly one day the global economy, together under one roof and one new radical understanding. Apparently the Corso plan did not work. Colonel John Alexander has, perhaps, initiated a new one via his new book and the Leslie Kean et al. "disclosure" band-wagon. Not to be confused with the Stephen Bassett and Steven Greer band-wagon.

Corso Jr. did say something about the Wright Brothers being time travelers. He said he thought they got caught up and sent back somehow. He believes strange things that border on sci-fi. Perhaps reincarnation and time travel are intimately connected. He also said that backwards time travel can only be done by benevolent intent - and that it was possible that future humans/clones, or time travelers, can help play the role of God by "helping our brothers in the past".

He did make hints and suggestions that Operation Paperclip and the Nazis were deeply involved with a lot of this - and that Russia was a huge threat and that the "gift of Roswell" saved our particular version of history. He also said that Nazi Germany had their own Roswell and that is why they had superior technology, and that there have been many more "crashes" - which he revealed that the crafts were actually intentionally brought down with high-powered lasers and radar equipment - and that the "crashes" would be an exponentially-occurring phenomenon. That civilian groups needed to get the money together to intercept these downed craft to get them out of the hands of the military. He makes reference to other crashes and subsequent technological discoveries such as "fluid amplification" and nano-mechanical wafers etc. The idea being that we cannot successfully make this type of craft yet because the actual ability to create these technologies has not sufficiently evolved - yet. But there is a built-in acceleration of technological evolution which will reach some sort of phase shift or critical mass. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the long-heralded breakthrough of Artificial Intelligence is in fact the same scenario as the long-heralded contact of "extraterrestrial intelligence". A.I. = E.T.

All I know is something weird is happening here...
edit on 23-1-2012 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
What I see from the one-hundred-thousand-foot overview is that the sea change in our thinking and technology came in the late 19th Century with the Second Industrial Revolution, from the 1870s through the early 1900s. THAT was like a technological renaissance, with great minds from around the world collaborating to bring these marvelous inventions into existence. It wasn't just a revolution among mathematicians and physicists, it was an industrial engineering revolution, as well.

Look at John Browning. Developed a 45 automatic handgun in 1911 that was so revolutionary, he changed the way firearms were made — the mechanical design of that gun is the same today as it was a hundred years ago, they only make cosmetic adjustments. It was a design for the ages. Browning also designed a revolutionary 9mm handgun in 1922, with just awesome balance and accuracy, and it, too, became an icon among handguns.

Man, can you imagine living back in the late 19th Century, as these mind-boggling technologies started bursting forth upon the world — The telephone, electric lighting, automobiles, airplanes, and much more, all within a span of 40 years?

I mean, the Second Industrial Revolution was a MAJOR break from thousands of years of mundane subsistence existence.

In the overview, it looks like Time Travelers hit us in the mid-to-late 19th Century, rather than the 1940s.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
That is a monumentally exciting thought! If there are ANY science-fiction books with that kind of scenario that you have just outlined, I would love to read it. I have never really thought of an inundation of time travelers in a specific era bringing forth revolutionary new ideas. However, I am reading a book about Nikola Tesla called "Prodigal Genius", and it is clear to me that this man was as close to an extraterrestrial as any man I have known about. He could visualize entire 3D scenarios and technological inventions in his mind. He didn't even need to draw or write any of it out barely, he could just see it in his mind's eye. He did, however, have drawings of his wireless transmission towers and all sorts of air-ships that could tap into them, that he came up with in the first decade of the 1900s! Absolutely astonishing...
edit on 23-1-2012 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

If anyone wanted to argue time travel, Telsa and Verne would be good examples.
Ever actually read Verne's work? It's amazing how accurate he was, uncanny and almost prophetic, even in details. Seriously, if you never have, and only know his work from films, I urge you to get one of his actual books, and read it, and consider that it was way before any of this stuff actually existed....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Surprisingly I have not! I do recall the movies, and even a good reference in Back to the Future Part 3, but for some reason I just assumed it was ultra archaic. But from your recommendation, and this discussion, I am definitely intrigued by these pioneers. I felt compelled to get the Tesla biography - it is a bit boring, but I like the details of his mental powers and the strange synchronicities of his birth and death etc. Maybe these people were time travelers or masters incarnation for a special purpose.

I will check out some Verne at the library soon. I tried some Greg Egan recently, but that was too difficult to read for me. Hard Sci-Fi indeed!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

From my readings of "The Day After Roswell", Corso says they picked companies that had already been working on similar technologies to what Corso was sending them to reverse engineer. So these technologies existed in some form here, but what was learned from the crash items helped, in some cases, to further development of existing technologies. So the items from the crash influenced existing technology and not the invention of it. A lot of very good scientists still deserve the credit for the technologies we have. Supposedly there is still a lot of the debris (alien technology) that still has not been reverse engineered because we simply cannot replicate or understand the technology behind it. Some of the technology was supposed to be activated by the crafts occupants through their bodies being connected to the UFO somehow and that may explain why some things still cannot be activated or understood.

edit on 24-1-2012 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

agreed also if someone came back in time it would mean that 1947 was the past when the crash happened. think about it for a minute, now if someone from the future traveled back in time then that would mean that the future is the present because, if something is in the future it means that it hasnt happened yet, so for something to travel back in time it would mean that the future is the present and well that would mean that what we believe as present day would actually be the past, it already happened, i believe that time travel will never be accomplished or even possible no matter how much you would like it to be

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Have you ever seen the mini-series TAKEN? I often wonder how true that show was. German scientists working at Area 51 and trying to figure out UFOs. They realized that the aliens, and their mind power, is what made the craft "fly" - or move. They started bringing in gifted psychics to see if they could get it to work, but everybody died of radiation. The aliens also had started breeding with humans to give their genetic traits for mental powers into the human gene pool. The "alien hybrids" that were born were then selected to breed with each other so that there would be entire generations of alien hybrids - culminating in very gifted children that could call down UFOs at will, among many other things. It's also kind of like the movie Knowing. Where the gifted children are taken away at the end of the world, and everybody else dies on the chaotic Earth. I can't help but think something like that will happen - and IS happening...

I tend to believe in trans-humanism - and the notion of an approaching Singularity. If we reach a state of complexity that is a singularity - we will be able to travel in time. Even if the time is re-created in vast computer programs like the Holodeck in Star Trek The Next Generation.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsair00
If we reach a state of complexity that is a singularity - we will be able to travel in time. Even if the time is re-created in vast computer programs like the Holodeck in Star Trek The Next Generation.

Well, that's the same as saying, when we finally understand God, when we finally comprehend the vastness of God's mind, then we become God. Which is true. I mean, single cell organisms can no more comprehend the sophistication of a human brain than a human brain can comprehend the mind of God. But, when the single-celled organisms under our microscopes evolve to the point that they are using microscopes, then they have become us, right?

Just as we will become God, eventually.

I don't see that happening for several tens of millions of years, and you probably wouldn't appreciate the evolutionary stages that we go through to arrive at godhood.

I mean, we stop being Human LONG before we achieve godhood. We evolve into many different kinds of intelligent creatures first.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Yes, in fact I have the mini-series DVD's of "Taken" sitting on a shelf right next to me. Actually, "Taken" was similar to "Dark Skies" produced by Bryce Zabel who also produced on "Taken". So Bryce brought along all his knowledge of the subject. Bryce also went on to write a book called "A.D. After Disclosure" with Richard Dolan.

Spielberg was also thought to have some inside info conveyed to him about aliens, but I've never seen him confirm that.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeskoWhirligan

Also, time travel is even more far fetched than interstellar travel, when you think about it. At least with the latter, there is sound theory behind it. For the first though, nothing but conjecture and bad movies.

On the contrary, there is BETTER evidence for Time Travel than there is for ANY interstellar travel theory.

We have NO technology or Science that can can undeniably deliver us between star systems. All of that is pure, fantasy-laden speculation. All interstellar travel theory is dependent on technologies and power sources that DON'T EVEN EXIST yet, and that WON'T exist for many decades or centuries — therefore, all interstellar travel theory is science fiction, which does NOT constitute "sound theory."

Time travel, on the other hand, has been PROVEN with hard data to back it up — as far back as the 1960s.

One of the most fascinating products of early space travel was the PROOF that Einstein's Theory of Special Relativity was a FACT — this was discovered when the chronometers aboard the spacecraft were compared to synchronized chronometers at Mission Control.

The space-borne chronometers, which had been traveling in orbit at over 17,000 mph for several days, RAN MORE SLOWLY than the chronometers back on Earth. The astronauts returned to Earth slightly younger than their colleagues on the ground.

Einstein predicted this. It's called Time Dilation, and it's a demonstrable FACT, not a theory.

The faster you travel through Space, the slower you travel in Time. So, according to Einstein, a crew of astronauts traveling near Light Speed for four years, say, would return home to find the Earth about a century older.

Those astronauts would have traveled a century into the future, while they only aged about 4 years — just so, astronauts today return to Earth measurably younger than they should be.

Time Dilation was thus PROVEN to be a fact with the advent of manned space flight.

We have NO similar factual evidence regarding theoretical warp drives or interstellar propulsion.

This just gave me an idea,my feeble grasp on the universe as we know it means that all matter is travelling further apart at greater and greater speed,in space.So we should be passing through time at a slower rate, could this correlate to human kinds seemingly ever growing life span.I don't know if animals are living longer than they previously have... just a thought that popped in my brain.

As for the main topic of Corso Jr claims,I don't buy it.Never really believed Corso Sr. stories completely athough I believe there my be a little truth in some of the claims.
edit on 27-1-2012 by KaiserSouszay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Corso's son is no different than your average "youtube superstar". I don't expect the majority around here to even understand that statement, and for that I am sorry. The reason this subject is a laughable joke is because the majority of folks passionate enough to post in threads like this are "useless idiots". And Corso's son depends on fools like you.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeskoWhirligan

Originally posted by brice

That was an excellent explanation! I never thought about it in such terms. Eloquent, did you author that or was that how it was explained to you? Star for you by the way, Thank you.
Going to friend you also.
peace,
brice

I've been writing this stuff for decades. I first wrote the CD analogy on Time and Space about fifteen years ago, and I've re-written it on numerous websites since then, with diverse receptions.

As kind of an aside, this was my primary visual aid used to teach acting students how to act. In my work the CD was your characters world, all life experiences, thoughts, memories, trials etc. just waiting for you to live (use the laser to read the data).

You keep your CD (who you really are as a human) seperate from each of your characters' CDs. This is the only way to not loose yourself as a professional film actor.

Thanks for your take on it, I love the way you said "from God's perspective" that also added clarity to what you were expressing.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
I'm sorry but time machines can't exist due to the fact that time is an idea made by man and therefore time is irrelevant

Please explain this to me. So if all humans suddenly died, would time stop?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hey, what ever happened to all the records and notes of Col. Corso that were put online at www.corsofiles.com back in 2000? Anybody manage to grab them before they vanished? Anybody got a copy somewhere? Those might be interesting to look at.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Corso's son is no different than your average "youtube superstar". I don't expect the majority around here to even understand that statement, and for that I am sorry. The reason this subject is a laughable joke is because the majority of folks passionate enough to post in threads like this are "useless idiots". And Corso's son depends on fools like you.

Corso's son is capitalizing on his father's celebrity. Who wouldn't? More power to him, I hope he sells a million books and DVDs and goes on the Paranormal Lecture Circuit.

Are you envious because the guy is working the System to his advantage? Is that what got you down? Suck it up, crybaby.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join