It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philip Corso's Son Reveals That Roswell Craft Was A Time Machine

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I want all of ya to think about my opinion and give solid answers.I don't understand "Travel from future".How far

from the future??This present where we live is the past?? because the real future is that from the aliens came?

Researchers find that the Sun will end,the univers as well so in the real time (aliens came) maybe the end of

Sun/Univers is close,we wake up one day and all of this disapear instantly,although we knew that they will end

after billions of years.We live in a permanent past and there is a permanent past??...hmm this is too confusing for

me.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
I'm sorry but time machines can't exist due to the fact that time is an idea made by man and therefore time is irrelevant

That's not entirely true. Time is a measuring tool we created, yes, but, the mechanisms that cause time to elapse are still very real. Time exists regardless of what you call it as a result of motion. It takes x amount of time for one particle to move y amount of distance, in this 3D physical world. How much influence our consciousness and our technology can put on the fabric of reality is the real question. Time is an illusion, sure, I'll give you that, but that doesn't make time travel impossible. If anything it should make it more likely? Who knows. Maybe one day we'll find out. Maybe one day we already did?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Loved this story the first time I heard it..
in the Star Trek Deep Space 9 episode Little Green Men.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Good points.

I certainly respect Stanton Friedman a lot.

I've chatted with him informally at conferences several times about the UFO stuff . . . He's a sharp researcher with a fine mind and a good sense of humor.

He doesn't suffer fools much at all and certainly not gladly, however.

He's a bit curmudgeonly around the edges, at least. LOL.

And, I'm not all that thrilled that he seems to buy into the meme that the critters are either good or benign or that at least some of them are.

I don't know if he's a globalist shill or not. I'd like to think not. I rather like him and his personality.

Certainly his research is top notch. And, he's fun to listen to and talk to as well as read.

I'm inclined to trust his assessment of Corso . . . at least until better different data convincingly presents itself.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

IIRC, the

SMELL of the bodies was outrageously horrid . . . very difficult to work around.

I suppose a machine/body hybrid could smell awful . . . I wouldn't think a machine alone would.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Time Travel is only "impossible" if Space-Time is LINEAR... That is, if the past necessarily comes BEFORE the present, and the present necessarily comes BEFORE the future.

That's a rather primitive view of Space-Time, if you know anything about Einsteinian Physics.

One of the popularly-forgotten points that Albert Einstein made about Space-Time is that ALL Time and ALL Space occur SIMULTANEOUSLY. That is to say, the Big Bang (if it occurred) happens at the SAME TIME the Solar System was formed, which happens at the SAME TIME Homo sapiens evolved, which happens at the SAME TIME we first set foot on the Moon, and so on and so forth.

In other words, the entire Universe, from beginning to end, is but ONE and the SAME MOMENT in Space Time. According to Einstein.

How do you wrap your mind around that?

Well, actually, we CAN wrap our minds around that concept fairly easily. Consider the lowly Compact Disc.

Chances are, there's a Compact Disc within your reach at this very moment. Pick it up, turn it over in your hands, scrutinize it.

What are you looking at?

You're looking at a complete Universe, with a beginning and an end, containing as much information as can be currently crammed into a Compact Disc. You're looking at the beginning and end of that Universe simultaneously, and everything that occurs in between. At a glance.

You're looking at a Universe from the perspective of God. You're looking at a Universe from the perspective of the 11th Dimension.

From your 11th Dimension perspective, every song on the CD occurs simultaneously. Every spoken word on that CD occurs concurrent with all the others. All the information on that disc is hanging static in Time and Space...

That CD Universe is WAITING for you to apply your micro-laser technology to READ IT in a linear fashion that makes sense to you.

Human consciousness is the intersection of the micro-laser and the CD surface, okay? So we four-dimensional Humans always perceive the Space-Time continuum as moving along in a linear fashion.

But, from the perspective of the 11th Dimension, we can stop, jump forward or backwards in Space-Time, select specific points to inspect, listen to the same song repeatedly, or run the entire CD Universe in an endless playback loop.

The same thing applies to the macro-Universe, the infinitude that surrounds us. Our meager Human consciousness perceives the Space-Time continuum moving along, moving past us, inexorably from the past into the future, one footstep falling after the other.

Ultimately, however, there's nothing to prevent us from skipping around in the Space-Time continuum, go visiting any point in Time that we wish, because it's all happening SIMULTANEOUSLY, and it's all contained in this gigantic CD we call the Universe.

The problem, just as with the CD in your hands, is that you can't distinguish precisely WHERE one song ends and another begins unless you plug in the CD and allow the micro-laser (consciousness) to track the selections. Whereupon, you're right back to your linear perception of Space-Time.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeskoWhirligan

That was an excellent explanation! I never thought about it in such terms. Eloquent, did you author that or was that how it was explained to you? Star for you by the way, Thank you.
Going to friend you also.
peace,
brice

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

You deserve a star for a brilliant answer that can be understood by laymen like me.
However, you underestimate the human brain. It continues to discover solutions to all manner of things including diseases and I have no doubt we will conquer time travel in time (forgive the pun).
The scary thing is, as against computers, nobody knows how our brain works.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by brice

That was an excellent explanation! I never thought about it in such terms. Eloquent, did you author that or was that how it was explained to you? Star for you by the way, Thank you.
Going to friend you also.
peace,
brice

I've been writing this stuff for decades. I first wrote the CD analogy on Time and Space about fifteen years ago, and I've re-written it on numerous websites since then, with diverse receptions.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger

You deserve a star for a brilliant answer that can be understood by laymen like me.
However, you underestimate the human brain. It continues to discover solutions to all manner of things including diseases and I have no doubt we will conquer time travel in time (forgive the pun).
The scary thing is, as against computers, nobody knows how our brain works.

Oh, on the contrary, I have the utmost respect for the Human brain, and brains in general. See, the computing power of the Human brain is only one small facet of what the brain does. A computer may emulate the computing power of the Human brain, but a computer can NEVER hope to become a REAL Human brain.

The Human brain is so much more than a lowly computer. Judging by what I've learned and what I KNOW, I would say that ALL brains are Quantum Antennae.

There is something so exquisitely delicate and sensitive about the Brain that it DOES receive information from other intelligences in the Universe. In fact, I won't be surprised when it's discovered that Quantum Communications between intelligent species is commonplace in the Universe. Instantaneous communications from one end of the Universe to the other would eliminate the necessity for starships and and warp engines and all that nonsense.

I mean, if you have sufficient information, you needn't even leave home. Right? In the same way the Internet is eliminating the necessity to commute to work.

If we regard our Quantum Antennae as a Cosmic communications system, then all sorts of things start making sense. Clairvoyance, psychic ability, ghostly apparitions are all products of our Quantum Antennae picking up information across Space and Time, beyond our familiar four dimensions.

I mean, we may see a moment from the Past replay before our eyes and call it a Ghost. We may see a moment from the Future and we're called Visionaries.

All Humans have Quantum Antennae, but so do all living things.

There's a constant jabber of quantum communications all around us, all the time. Some of us listen to it and prosper, utilizing the information and inspiration from unearthly sources; others of us may think they are hearing voices (and they certainly are), and are labeled psychotic.

Isn't that interesting? One of the first things they ask you on any medical questionnaire is "Do You Hear Voices"? It's a very common malady, apparently.

But hearing voices and even seeing things is NOT necessarily an indication that you're crazy, okay?

Even staid and solid scientists hear voices and see things and can still function as scientists, right? I mean, the mathematician John Forbes Nash Jr was a genius but was hounded by people that only he could see and hear. He finally convinced himself that the intruders were figments of his imagination, and he simply IGNORED them for the rest of his life.

They didn't go away, he just ignored them.

Well, those "people" really exist. They're sentient beings that communicate through the Quantum aether... They're not Human, but, coming through the filter of a Human brain, they are going to SOUND and APPEAR Human. Make no mistake, we ARE in contact with intelligences from all over the Universe. We exchange ideas all the time.

Ever notice how several unrelated people will come up with the same invention or idea at the same time? It's the so-called "Ah-Ha Phenomenon"... I know some of you have had the weird experience of coming up with a bright idea, not doing anything with the idea, and then SEEING the idea manifest into reality by somebody else's hand, months or years later.

It's infuriating, right?

That's a Quantum Wave of Creativity passing through our Solar System, and a few people with the right frequency Quantum Antennae pick up the vibe. Most of us won't act, but a few of the receivers ACT on the received information. So we get people going "Ah-Ha!" at different points all over the globe simultaneously, coming up with the same idea.

Happens all the time. And it's a perfect example of information exchange across intergalactic distances.

See, we don't need the SETI Project searching for transmissions within a few very narrow radio bands. There IS Quantum subspace communication, has been for billions of years, and your BRAIN is the transceiver.

edit on 18-1-2012 by ZeskoWhirligan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
That would mean 2012 was not the end of humanity on Earth. (I'm shocked!)

Hopi prophecy , Conspiracy theory with Jesse Ventura - Apocalypse , The Incas about "Pachacuti", the turn over to Homo Luminous the new race , and then there is the "New Human", "Starchildren"

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
The Mayans, Aztecs- They are both the same before as they are today. They were advanced farmers- They used the calendar for their farming practices and 2012 might signal a returning to a certain cycle, the flipping over of the calendar so to speak- That would signal a general trend in climate patterns.

Ancient writings in hieroglyphics can be found on the Temple of the Sun, in Tiahuanaco in the Andes, describing how a golden spaceship from Venus had landed there in the dawn of time. The ancient writings tell how a beautiful Venusian women, Orejona, had emerged from the ship and taught the ancients the basics of farming, and the skills to begin civilization

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If time travel were possible there would be more incidents of travelers showing up at different times. I do believe that items were back-engineered from recovered technology. The sheer fact that the transistor was leaps and bounds beyond the tube based technology of the time and it seems very odd that scientists would out of nowhere discover that the use of silicon would turn out to be the first generation of solid state technology

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If time travel were possible there would be more incidents of travelers showing up at different times. I do believe that items were back-engineered from recovered technology. The sheer fact that the transistor was leaps and bounds beyond the tube based technology of the time and it seems very odd that scientists would out of nowhere discover that the use of silicon would turn out to be the first generation of solid state technology

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
He really looks like his dad.

His time travel theory though, is nothing new. Many people share it.
It would explain a lot of things.

Still though, the big kicker is that it isn't like every UFO sighting is near a major historic event....so why the joyrides to the past on a day nothing of import happened? Nah...not buying it.

Also, time travel is even more far fetched than interstellar travel, when you think about it. At least with the latter, there is sound theory behind it. For the first though, nothing but conjecture and bad movies.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Also, time travel is even more far fetched than interstellar travel, when you think about it. At least with the latter, there is sound theory behind it. For the first though, nothing but conjecture and bad movies.

On the contrary, there is BETTER evidence for Time Travel than there is for ANY interstellar travel theory.

We have NO technology or Science that can can undeniably deliver us between star systems. All of that is pure, fantasy-laden speculation. All interstellar travel theory is dependent on technologies and power sources that DON'T EVEN EXIST yet, and that WON'T exist for many decades or centuries — therefore, all interstellar travel theory is science fiction, which does NOT constitute "sound theory."

Time travel, on the other hand, has been PROVEN with hard data to back it up — as far back as the 1960s.

One of the most fascinating products of early space travel was the PROOF that Einstein's Theory of Special Relativity was a FACT — this was discovered when the chronometers aboard the spacecraft were compared to synchronized chronometers at Mission Control.

The space-borne chronometers, which had been traveling in orbit at over 17,000 mph for several days, RAN MORE SLOWLY than the chronometers back on Earth. The astronauts returned to Earth slightly younger than their colleagues on the ground.

Einstein predicted this. It's called Time Dilation, and it's a demonstrable FACT, not a theory.

The faster you travel through Space, the slower you travel in Time. So, according to Einstein, a crew of astronauts traveling near Light Speed for four years, say, would return home to find the Earth about a century older.

Those astronauts would have traveled a century into the future, while they only aged about 4 years — just so, astronauts today return to Earth measurably younger than they should be.

Time Dilation was thus PROVEN to be a fact with the advent of manned space flight.

We have NO similar factual evidence regarding theoretical warp drives or interstellar propulsion.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I remember a tv series called 7 days where the roswell craft was depicted as a time machine. Corsos claims are from the realms of science fiction.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Just a thought, and it's a wierd one, so be tolerant.

Some of the UFO's that have been sighted,
the legitimate ones,
I often wonder do they see us?

The reason I ask this is, could people from multiple instants in time be seeing the same thing. Like someone, 10, 40, 120 years ago all be seeing the same craft,
from the crafts point of view?

Maybe the craft exists outside our linear time frame,
in another dimension or realm,
which means, if true,
what they see from their viewpoint, the UFO occupants,
boggles the mind somewhat,
and likely just a grey mist, or noise, chaos.
edit on 20/1/12 by Donegal_TDI because: to edit

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You're playing semantic games.

Yes, I'm fully aware of time dilation, etc. But, in the case of Corso Jr.'s theory here, we're talking about something completely different...we're not talking about time relative to motion, etc., we're talking about physical travel to a past event as if one were going to the corner store.

As for interstellar travel...we already have a few probes doing so, so of course this is a reality. Sure, it's (relatively) slow, but it's happening. So, semantically, we could argue that this is happening just as often as time travel..

As for the theories, if one is fond of Einstein and Hawking, even these two luminaries are much more convinced of easier warp space travel than the possibility of actual time travel. For Hawking, the paradox issue makes it unpalatable, but really, I don't think the Universe "cares" about paradox. Mostly, the problem is right in the formula. Mass would have to become energy at those speeds, so either time travel or faster than light travel would mean you'd basically be atomized.

However, with interstellar travel, there is the loophole of the possibility of warped space, therefore negating the need to go faster than light. I suppose one could make the same argument for warped spacetime (finding a wormhole back to a past event's time and place), but really, both topics are largely in the realm of theory.

Just as with the intricacies of warp travel, etc. though, the intricacies of what would happen with time travel are still all just hypothetical.

The reason I ask this is, could people from multiple instants in time be seeing the same thing. Like someone, 10, 40, 120 years ago all be seeing the same craft,
from the crafts point of view?

Nothing is really out of the realm of possibility...just whether or not it's likely. From the sighting and abduction accounts, this doesn't seem likely, but who knows? Maybe even a different "frequency" or "vibration" for all we know, of the visual data.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The galaxy expands and and it rotates around an unkown center and itself. If the craft was a time machine, it needs to be a spacecraft too, because when you travel in the past, earth is is not where you will be.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join