It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Tebow.....Why is America so fascinated/disgusted with by him???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by kenny71
If Denver wins that game it will be a miracle.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm not so sure. Denver's defense is significantly better than New England's. I don't know that they have an answer for Gronkowski, but if they can keep him in check, I like Denver's chances to make it interesting.

Right now, the Broncos have one thing you have to have in sports in order to be successful - belief that they can win. When you get to that level especially in the playoffs, with a league full of guys who have ALL been great players their entire lives, it doesn't take much to tip the scale.

I think this game might be better than a lot of people think it will.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Nice try but no. He is what I thought he was, a terrible QB. The Pats have one of the worst pass Ds and Tebow couldn't get anything done. What do you have to say now? Imagine if it were any other QB in his position, they would get crucified (no pun intended). Tebow had 34.6% completion rate. He might have set a record there. Even a third string QB in any other team could do better than 34.6% against the Pats. LOL... What a joke.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
What do you have to say now?

I think it's always tough to beat New England at home. The fact that they'll be playing in the AFC championship game tells me there's no shame in being beaten by them.

I don't think any QB who could be classified as a "joke" could take a team as far as he did. I think his stint as a starter was an unqualified success.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

What do you have to say now?

I think it's always tough to beat New England at home. The fact that they'll be playing in the AFC championship game tells me there's no shame in being beaten by them.

I don't think any QB who could be classified as a "joke" could take a team as far as he did. I think his stint as a starter was an unqualified success.

Exactly as I stated last week...

I will bump this thread again next week but since he over achieved already, you'll just give him all this praise next week also, even after a loss...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

So you're taking credit for predicting consistency on my part? Kudos to you. Here's a key - I'm fairly consistent, especially when I know I'm right.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Who said anything about being right or consistent? I'm just saying you are transparent... As I stated last week, even if he loses you will praise him, even though he sucks. Maybe you were watching a different game. Or do you need me to put up some numbers on how bad the Pats pass defense is this year? He can't do no wrong, can he?

And you are so right. Yeah all Tebow does is win... LOL... All been great players there entire lives? No, I think you are using "great" too freely and Tebow definitely isn't great. How much do you want to bet that he won't last for more than a year as a starting QB? I'll bump this thread again next year just for you.

Right now, the Broncos have one thing you have to have in sports in order to be successful - belief that they can win. When you get to that level especially in the playoffs, with a league full of guys who have ALL been great players their entire lives, it doesn't take much to tip the scale.

I think this game might be better than a lot of people think it will.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I'm just saying you are transparent... As I stated last week, even if he loses you will praise him, even though he sucks.

Plenty of transparency to go around. Tebow sucks? Hardly. That's just as inaccurate as it was when you first started blathering on about it.

No, I think you are using "great" too freely and Tebow definitely isn't great.

Not once have I referred to Tebow specifically as "great". A lot of people have, though. I've seen knowledgeable people refer to him as the greatest college football player ever. When you have those sorts of skills, you don't suddenly "suck" when you get to the NFL.

Now I don't know how you classify great and suck, but every player in the NFL possesses a skill set that far exceeds what the average guy can do, and NFL starters are a leg up on that. Maybe Tebow's game isn't a great fit for the NFL. But suck? I'm no more a fan of what you constitute as "suck" than you are of my definition of "great", apparently.

I know why Tebow is so reviled, and it's about 99.9% jealousy. A whole lot of people would like to see a clean cut religious kid with no background dirt fail.

Here's a good article (it doesn't suck) about the Greatest College QBs of All Time. Tell me which ones suck.

Haters gonna hate.

edit on 1/17/2012 by yeahright because: Format edit

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I told you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join