It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Tebow.....Why is America so fascinated/disgusted with by him???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
reply to post by Christosterone

These people would rather have Ray Lewis stabbing people at clubs, or Jamal Lewis with pounds of drugs in his care. That's who they look up to. It's a thug's life, I suppose. Roethlisberger didn't get this much grief after raping multiple women (allegedly).

There was certainly never this much scrutiny for Michael Vick who did unspeakable things to dogs.
Which is another reason why I am so curious about the vitriol hurled at Tebow.
Vick never received anything close to the scrutiny Tebow does....and Tim is a completely standup guy(as far as I know)...

Whereas Vick tortured and murdered dogs over a period of years with ZERO remorse...

The Vick saga to this day is something I can barely talk about....
I wish I had never read the testimony about what he actually did...

My life is no better for knowing those details....

(Soapbox dismounted)

-Christosterone

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Heisman winner. First round draft choice. Starting NFL QB. Brought his team into the playoffs. Won a playoff game.

There are 32 athletes in the world good enough to start at QB for an NFL team. Tebow has brought his team further this season than 24 of them.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communicationwillfreeus
reply to post by Christosterone

I think it is less "Tim" and and more the opportunity to sound off about ones believes after Timmy has opened the door. Why is it such a big deal that he publically prays? Muslims publically pray too. There is nothing wrong with him being the person he is. It is a big deal because he is out there too far to flagrantly sensor. He is not an actor in movies that they can just stop giving parts too.
You are asking about a country, historically based in a christian majority, who does not have the cohonies (sp) to speak up when a person with foreign beleifs is offended and asks for someone to not even speak the national "pledge of alleigance." No one ever said; "one nation under a christian god" it has always been, "one nation under god!" So, where is the courage of this country? That is why it is a big deal because the same squeeky wheels are loud and proud about this discernment of Tebow's beleifs.

WOW!!!!
Very interesting on numerous points...
Star for you.

Why do you think our society has lost its courage?
And what do you think will be the consequences of losing it?

-Christosterone
edit on 10-1-2012 by Christosterone because: spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

Originally posted by yeahright

Then Tebow starts winning.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

It's not /just/ Tebow winning. It's the entire team winning.

Did the entire team throw the pass that lead to the 80 yrd touchdown. Ask the colts if one man can make a difference.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Heisman winner. First round draft choice. Starting NFL QB. Brought his team into the playoffs. Won a playoff game.

There are 32 athletes in the world good enough to start at QB for an NFL team. Tebow has brought his team further this season than 24 of them.

I like the way you think. I said, ask the colts about one man making a difference.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

First of all, Tebow is not a good NFL QB. Second of all, Denver didn't deserve to play at home and we all know playing at home in the playoffs is huge. Third, I know it's gonna sound like I'm making excuses for Pitt but their D-line, their O-line were depleted, Big Ben had one good ankle, and Ryan Clark couldn't play in Denver due to the elevation. I'll bump this thread after next week when Tebow is Tebowing for their loss against NE...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Fact remains, comparing Tebow's NFL career to a "retard" (your offensive word) in Mensa, is an extremely poor, not to mention offensive and inappropriate analogy.

Whatever else he does, right now he's taken his team further than 24 other NFL starting QBs.

Roethlisberger didn't. Matt Ryan didn't. Cam Newton didn't. Sanchez didn't. Romo didn't. Matt Stafford didn't. Vick didn't. Palmer didn't. Bradford didn't. Rivers didn't....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Didn't one of Denver's starting O-Linemen break his leg last week? Was Dawkins playing on Sunday? Hmmmm, yeah, you're making excuses. And imagine that, the big mighty Steeler defense was torched for over 300 yards and 2 touchdowns by a "retard" and someone who isn't a "good NFL QB". Hmmmmmm, must be one pathetic team to smoked like that by such a horrible player.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

According to your definition TJ Yates must be better than all the QBs you've mentioned. Like I said, Denver didn't deserve to have the home field advantage for playing in a crappy division. And once again, I will bump this thread again next week but since he over achieved already, you'll just give him all this praise next week also, even after a loss...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Not good at SAT analogies are we? I'm not calling Tebow a retard, read again...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
According to your definition TJ Yates must be better than all the QBs you've mentioned.

According to my definition of what? I haven't said Tebow is "better" than anyone. I said he's taken his team further than 24 other QBs. You're the one mocking his talent and accomplishments, I'm merely suggesting your opinionated analysis is way off base.

If he was a bad QB and not worthy of the NFL in a most obvious way (as your "analogy" seemed to suggest), the Broncos wouldn't be advancing in the playoffs with a victory behind them over the vaunted Pittsburgh Steelers.

I don't know how far they'll go. But there's no way they come this far if Tebow was a pretender.

I think Baltimore might win it all. I sure don't think Joe Flacco is the best QB, even in his conference. But to say any NFL team can have success with any chump at QB is just not a rational position. Ask the Colts.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communicationwillfreeus

Originally posted by Believer101

Then Tebow starts winning.

It's not /just/ Tebow winning. It's the entire team winning.

Did the entire team throw the pass that lead to the 80 yrd touchdown. Ask the colts if one man can make a difference.

In my fathers own words "Did Tebow make the catch? Did Tebow run the ball in? Did Tebow hold back the Steelers defense to make the throw?"
No, No, and No. It was the entire offence that made the touchdown. NOT just Tebow.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

So, are you saying that the Steelers were beaten by a bad QB?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I am a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. It was tough to see Tim Tebow lead the Denver Broncos to a victory. I don't hate Tebow though. People hate him for insane reasons. Oh Tim Tebow is an unconventional quarter back. He is too religious. This is all non-sense. I know why people hate him. Because you cant say anything bad about the guy. Michael Vick fights dogs for sport. Ray Lewis stabs people in his spare time. Did Ben Roethlisberger rape that girl in the bathroom? Tim Tebow is a positive roll model. This is something that the NFL is in desperate need of. The guy loves him some Jesus. The only thing I am afraid of is there up coming loss to the New England Patriots. It will happen. And they will crucify this poor guy. If Denver wins that game it will be a miracle. I will believe.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I don't like Tebow because I consider him a hypocrite. He flaunts his "strong Christian beliefs" while making millions of dollars a year playing football on Sundays in violation of the very religious edicts he purportedly lives. Such hypocrisy is a big turnoff for me.

Religion has it's place. In my opinion that place shouldn't be the football field.

Ultimately, as a Denver resident I've tried to like Tebow and the Broncos, but as a Florida State graduate, old school "gator hater," and lifelong Raiders fan, anything blue and orange just kind of makes me ill.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I honestly don't know the answer.

But here is me doing the Tebow!!!

vvv

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Honestly, don't know and don't care. I don't understand the fascination/ritual nature of sports; well maybe somewhat... But I still don't watch any.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenny71
If Denver wins that game it will be a miracle.

I'm not so sure. Denver's defense is significantly better than New England's. I don't know that they have an answer for Gronkowski, but if they can keep him in check, I like Denver's chances to make it interesting.

Right now, the Broncos have one thing you have to have in sports in order to be successful - belief that they can win. When you get to that level especially in the playoffs, with a league full of guys who have ALL been great players their entire lives, it doesn't take much to tip the scale.

I think this game might be better than a lot of people think it will.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
9 completions out of 26 attempts for 136 yards against a very suspect new england secondary equates to tebow being a below average qb. jesus was busy tonight?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenny71
I am a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. It was tough to see Tim Tebow lead the Denver Broncos to a victory. I don't hate Tebow though. People hate him for insane reasons. Oh Tim Tebow is an unconventional quarter back. He is too religious. This is all non-sense. I know why people hate him. Because you cant say anything bad about the guy. Michael Vick fights dogs for sport. Ray Lewis stabs people in his spare time. Did Ben Roethlisberger rape that girl in the bathroom? Tim Tebow is a positive roll model. This is something that the NFL is in desperate need of. The guy loves him some Jesus. The only thing I am afraid of is there up coming loss to the New England Patriots. It will happen. And they will crucify this poor guy. If Denver wins that game it will be a miracle. I will believe.

it's not really hate. people that know about sports know that media is making a mockery out of football. that's the true reason why "real" sports fans don't like tebow as a player, not as a person. it's mainly media driven. what qb gets more coverage than tebow for having such a mediocre talent? i mean dan marino's passing record's been broken this year by more than one qb and do you even know their names? i'm glad this fiasco is over with for now and get back to football...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join