It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open challenge to christians....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwissMarked

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by SwissMarked

Plain and simple... you want a Christian to perform a great miracle... fine... every doubter of every religion as well as all of you that are "too smart to believe in God" get together and come up with one miracle that will shut you all up for all of eternity and I'll perform it myself with the understanding that anyone that requests a second miracle from that point on... that doubts the miracle... or questions how it was performed will be instantly smote by a faithful follower of Christ on the spot...

That's it? "You go first and then shut up for all eternity and then I personally will perform a miracle." That's all you got?
Lame.

I'd say what is lame is you claim to be a writer yet entirely lack the ability to comprehend what it is I wrote... I didn't say anything about anyone else performing a miracle...

Let me break it down in even simpler terms for you oh great "writer"... everyone get together... figure one miracle... tell me... I perform... all shut up or die...

Get it... got it... good... thanks for playing genius...

here's your miracle:

go to washington dc , launch a diatribe against those in congress who signed NDAA, cry out unto the lord, and call down fire from heaven upon congress miraculously sparing the innocent and only killing those mentioned above, along with any signers of the patriot act.

but let me know when you're ready, so that when you fail,
i'll do it , by the power of the Will based on Knowledge also known as as The Art Magic.

and then start running
you know how people react towards false prophets.

edit on 10-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I keep refreshing the cnn website, but still no news on any moving mountains ...

Hm ...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

Check the sports page.

His latest miracle was making the Denver Broncos win a game. (he posted it a few pages back)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

excuse me, but didn't Mohamed say something about the mountain coming to him?
or is that something made up?

not a trick question, never read the quran, as i got diverted into reading about the sufis back when i started

oh and if you're talking about IAMIAM demonstration the link on his post leads to this: Catholic Church No Longer Sewars By Truth of the Biblewww.abovetopsecret.com...

if not carry on

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

excuse me, but didn't Mohamed say something about the mountain coming to him?
or is that something made up?

No he didn't. It's made up.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

thank you

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

because then we would be tempting God.
He meant it but used it for understanding, not to gloat and boast before men.
It falls in the same category of. "If God is so omnipotent can He make a boulder so big as to crush Himself?"
No, simply because God has no impure and irrelevant thoughts to begin with. The thought simply CANNOT even run through His mind as He is perfect and Holy.
So, even if it was on the table, we are not to be pride driven just to prove a point to someone that still would not believe even after that kind of portrayal of faith.

The real question would be why you are still hell bent on proving God wrong and believers and men of faith subjective to your own unbelief?
It's like you want to change the channel and watch another movie than the one that is YOUR life. As if your unbelief needs to be validated by someone elses unbelief.
Faith is something that grows, like a muscle.
If unused it remains small like a nerdy kid that shys away from any physical activity and ends up a cop with a gun out to prove his might at the expense of others.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2

because then we would be tempting God.
He meant it but used it for understanding, not to gloat and boast before men.
It falls in the same category of. "If God is so omnipotent can He make a boulder so big as to crush Himself?"
No, simply because God has no impure and irrelevant thoughts to begin with. The thought simply CANNOT even run through His mind as He is perfect and Holy.
So, even if it was on the table, we are not to be pride driven just to prove a point to someone that still would not believe even after that kind of portrayal of faith.

The real question would be why you are still hell bent on proving God wrong and believers and men of faith subjective to your own unbelief?
It's like you want to change the channel and watch another movie than the one that is YOUR life. As if your unbelief needs to be validated by someone elses unbelief.
Faith is something that grows, like a muscle.
If unused it remains small like a nerdy kid that shys away from any physical activity and ends up a cop with a gun out to prove his might at the expense of others.

It always fascinates me how christians manage to say so much but answer so little.

Or shall I say, not answer at all.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
the way I always understood it, was that the "mountain" was something in your way.... it wasn't an actual physical mountain, but some sort of obstacle in your life, some insurmountable problem.... Who knows though, I am no true scholar, nor can I claim to be christ like, since I haven't went to church in years.

Who knows though, there are alot of things that don't quite add up to me, so I ask people who know more than I when I feel like talking about it. Honestly, the bible is probably much different than its original meanings in alot of places, so you just have to realize this.

If you live right, try to be the best person you can be, always help your neighbors, and all in all just be a good person, I think you would be on the right path. As with christianity though, you do need to believe in God, and accept him as your lord and savior to make it to heaven, living "right" would make that walk much easier. True christian's should never attack someone for their beliefs, they should only offer what they believe as an alternative. It should never be pushed on the non-believer, or someone of another religion, nor should they think poorly of those people. Christians are required by faith to accept everyone as they are, and love all, as Christ does.... I believe that any of these hard coded things that contradict that side, probably weren't in the original written word.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
If your mind is still enough you can break rock with your finger. Does that answer the question?

Is this you in the video?

How do you know the rock isn't already cracked.?

Not saying I don't think the mind can do extraordinary things,but I just don't believe jack when its on video. The video could be a total fraud and you wouldn't have the slightest notion.

That's why I ask is that you in the vid. And even then I still call BS.

So you know what. I changed my mind , don't respond.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Originally posted by SwissMarked

Originally posted by wildtimes

Plain and simple... you want a Christian to perform a great miracle... fine... every doubter of every religion as well as all of you that are "too smart to believe in God" get together and come up with one miracle that will shut you all up for all of eternity and I'll perform it myself with the understanding that anyone that requests a second miracle from that point on... that doubts the miracle... or questions how it was performed will be instantly smote by a faithful follower of Christ on the spot...

That's it? "You go first and then shut up for all eternity and then I personally will perform a miracle." That's all you got?
Lame.

I'd say what is lame is you claim to be a writer yet entirely lack the ability to comprehend what it is I wrote... I didn't say anything about anyone else performing a miracle...

Let me break it down in even simpler terms for you oh great "writer"... everyone get together... figure one miracle... tell me... I perform... all shut up or die...

Get it... got it... good... thanks for playing genius...

here's your miracle:

go to washington dc , launch a diatribe against those in congress who signed NDAA, cry out unto the lord, and call down fire from heaven upon congress miraculously sparing the innocent and only killing those mentioned above, along with any signers of the patriot act.

but let me know when you're ready, so that when you fail,
i'll do it , by the power of the Will based on Knowledge also known as as The Art Magic.

and then start running
you know how people react towards false prophets.

edit on 10-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

If you're aware of Enochian Magick and indeed possess the knowledge... ability... and faith required to practice it then why wait on me since it's obviously an issue you feel strongly about... looks like I've failed... so by all means... put your superiority on display for all to see...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Wow.....somebody called your bluff huh?
You better get on to blowing him off with the "pissant - jagoff" thing.

Quick, or we will start to wonder why you cant stand up to your word.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Jesus said....

For verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
-Matthew 17:20

Now I am sure many of the christians here have faith larger than a mustard seed.

So why not show a demonstration of it and ask a mountain, or a hill... or at least a mustard seed to "remove hence to a yonder place" and show us non-christians that you guys are for real. This shouldn't be difficult for you all, considering that the bible that you follow declares that nothing shall be impossible for you all.

In case your faith is NOT "as a grain of mustard seed".... and if you would rather say that its all "figurative", I would really appreciate it, if you could tell me what basis one is supposed to declare a verse to be figurative or literal.... or do you just declare the difficult ones "figurative"???

At least this way we would all get to know who among the christians lack faith even as much "as a grain of mustard seed". Well, obviously, they will be destroyed by Jesus once he gets here and burn in hell for all eternity along with the muslims, hindus, buddhists etc.

Thanks!
edit on 10-1-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: grammar

edit on 10-1-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: added verse in green

edit on 10-1-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

You are making asking for the same sign that Satan asked to see, so I’ll let you figure out where that thought comes from.

Luke 4:9-13
9 The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down from here. 10 For it is written:
“‘He will command his angels concerning you
to guard you carefully;
11 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[d]”
12 Jesus answered, “It is said: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[e]”
13 When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

You are making asking for the same sign that Satan asked to see, so I’ll let you figure out where that thought comes from.

13 When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.

I thought God cannot be tempted.
So, if Jesus is God, how could Satan tempt him (and for 40 days at that)?

Seriously, do you Christians even read your own scripture? If you do, do you not see the contradictions in it?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I find it interesting how critics of Christians (and even some Christians) expect the Bible to be a textbook where everything is spelled out for them. The books it contains have been translated over and over and many truths have been lost. It takes work to be a Christian: faith, study, prayer, obedience, and more faith.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by calmbutwary
The books it contains have been translated over and over and many truths have been lost.

But this is what we have been saying for over 1400 years now.

Yet they insist that the Bible they have today is 100% the Word of God - without any changes, additions or deletions.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

So why not show a demonstration of it and ask a mountain, or a hill...

I move mountains every day.... break down barriers... and turn strong hills into dust...

Every day i speak of God... IF one person chooses to hear what i say, i've broken that barrier...

And if that person changes from a non believer to a believer in God... That mountian has moved...

Change the hearts of men... and you move mountians...

Show love, and no mountian is immovable

Not bad for a non christian eh

edit on 10-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Taking a slightly different tack,

The mass of a green mustard seed (smaller than brown mustard seeds) is approximately 0.002 g (based upon a sample of 1000 seeds).

Using Einstein's E=MC^2 formula we get the energy equivalent of 0.002 gram of mass being equivalent to: 179,800,000,000 joules

Now, let's assume that a mountain is roughly conical. The volume is (1/3 times pi times the radius of the base squared times the height of the mountain).

So if a mountain is 13.2 kilometers wide at the base and 1,000 meters high, the volume is (1/3 x 3.14 x 13,200 x 1,000) about 391 billion cubic centimeters.

Now for density: most mountains are made largely of granite, which has a density of 2.7 grams per cubic centimeter. So multiply the volume by the density of granite. In the example above, the volume times the density is 1,056,308,992,089.12 grams or 1,056,308,992.09 kilograms

Now we know that Force = Mass * Acceleration, so the mountain will be exerting a force due to gravity of 10,351,828,122.482 Newtons.

We also know that Work = Force times distance so, rewriting it: Distance = Work / Force

So the distance we could move our example mountain, with the energy contained in a mustard seed, is about 17.3 meters (if there were no significant losses in whatever we used to move it)

Sounds quite likely and do-able to me. A smaller mountain would be able to be moved quite a lot further.

edit on 10/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Please note that the quote from Matthew says "If" you had faith the size of a mustard seed.

Perhaps Jesus was saying that their faith was not even the size of a mustard seed?

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Please note that the quote from Matthew says "If" you had faith the size of a mustard seed.

Perhaps Jesus was saying that their faith was not even the size of a mustard seed?

What do you think?

I believe this verse has multiple meanings actually. First the mustard seed is in reference to faith in the word and in Christ. The mustard seed will grow in you and you will become a tree that the birds perch on. So the word grows in you until your faith is strong enough for you to move the mountain. I also think it can be said that although one has faith do they have faith that they could move the physical mountain. Myself I have much faith and much has been revealed to me because of my Faith. But I do not have faith that I can move that mountain, nor am I certain that my faith is the size of that mustard seed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join