It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly Strange Phenomena in Knoxville Tennessee Right Now (teus,10-1-12 4am)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I heard it too, I thought it was the collective sighs of disgust from the LSU fans leaving the Dome.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Me too Gemineye! I didn't know we had ANY....there are 73.....sneaky sobs!
edit on 1/10/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mglsite

I heard it too, I thought it was the collective sighs of disgust from the LSU fans leaving the Dome.

Hey now, you do realize Bama has the best D ever now don't you?

But yea, I was sighing too and still think they should have thrown more long passes.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Strange, I live in White Bluff. It's just west of Nashville and around the same time you say you heard this last night I was laying in bed reading and out my bedroom window I heard some kind of low rumbling and then what sounded like explosions way of in the distance accompanied by my ceiling fan starting to click and wobble. It continued for a while and I sat just listening trying to figure out what it was. THen, I just rolled over and went to sleep. It was about 2:30am when I heard it (CST).

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Hi SpecOpt!!

You know... I'd be lying if I said it didn't sound a bit like the roaring of several diesel engines. In fact, one of the first thoughts that ran through my mind is that I had slept late and my brother had the trucks started, getting ready to work. Then I realized the time and the intensity.

We have 2 Kenworth Dump Trucks and a KW900 Semi as well as severl pieces of earth moving machinery. They are used to build roads... but they were not started up and in fact there was no one there, so it wasn't them

That doesn't mean it wasn't a bunch of diesel engines running, but there would have to be a lot and very big ones too, to make my house shake... and @ 4am?

I just don't know, but as I said before, it is as good a guess as any at this point
edit on 10-1-2012 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Good ole Blaine Tennessee... I would almost bet I know you... have any construstion done lately?

Just thought I'd ask, but I do a lot of work in blaine, rutledge and bean station as well - cherokee lake area

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Well yes, you'd could say that. I was replying to the thread about strange sounds then. I also mentioned here that I have noticed this before for about a year now, just totally forgot about posting in that thread.

When I saw the post from back in March, it was eerie. Described almost in exact detail as my description this time. So it is obviously the same sound, but I am no closer to knowing what it is...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mglsite

LMAO! This needs more love IMO

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

No, I am not close to any of those. If you put your mouse pointer on the state border of Tennessee and go up the right side of the state about mid way, I am about in that area, The Great Smoky Mountain National Park area

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KryptKeeper

I would have thought the same, except for a couple things. First I have never experienced an earthquake, so have no experience to draw on. 2nd, it lasted for such a long time and I didn't realize EQ's could last so long.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

It would be a suprise to learn something like that is going on in the region where you live and not being informed of it. I mean, if this can cause natural disasters, shouldn't the citizens of the region be informed of the efforts to destroy the environment in their region - if only to let them know what is causing the destruction?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mglsite

HAHAHA!!

That actually could have been it, as an early poster said they heard it in Louisiana too!!

Oh Lord, I think you have discovered the source!!

Can you believe Alabama was so dominant?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spokaneman1983

I know where White Bluff is, I have several customers in that area!

So, by your time it would have been 3.30a here, about 30mins before it woke me up...

This seemed to be so loud and widespread & I believe low pass SPL's can travel a good distance, maybe it could have been the same thing...
edit on 10-1-2012 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Yea, like that first vid, they can have up to 50 full rig size water pumps working at once on a single site. You know that's gonna make some rumble!
www.youtube.com...?rel=0

spec

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I wonder what other type of operations use such an array of large engines? Would be interesting to know what they could be doing here, if they are not doing something commonly seen

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Like that vid, it is a fracking operation, where they pump massive amounts of water into the ground to cause fissures, thus releasing natural gas. Each pump takes up an entire 18 wheeler, and it is not uncommon to have up to 50 at a single site, all running at once. That's 50 18 wheelers with industrial water pumps, you know thats loud.

spec

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
it's some sort of focused sound and the people involved monitor 911 to see how accurate their control of the sound is. maybe they're practicing the sound production for blue beam?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
im a little concerned that we still have not been able to find out the cause of all these noises
even though many people have heard them across the country

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm about 100 miles east of you in TN and while I didn't feel or hear the shaking you mention, I probably slept right through it. I have though, over the past couple of years, felt the exact same vibration that you mention on more than a few occasions, to me it seems to come from deep underground. I've been laying on the couch watching TV and vibration is intense enough to make me mute the TV in an attempt to tell intensity and direction. Sometimes this shaking will continue for 30 mins or so. These mountains we live on and around were formed by the clashing of tectonic plates. I'm not sure if it's HAARP, underground drilling, military testing, or simply the earth rumbling. If you notice it any more please post, I'll be sure to pay a little more attention than usual. After all, we do live on a thin candy shell on this planet.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Looks like some people in Costa Rica heard the same thing last night!!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join