It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God Answering Tim Tebow’s Prayers?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Yes, because out of all of the suffering, tragedies, and injustices going on in the world, the god, who is Christian by the way (that's the correct religion out of the thousands that exist and originated from babylon),

With all these things going on, GOD only cares about a rich football player, meanwhile babies die of starvation...

Why... yes... YES... I FEEL THE POWER... THE POWER COMPELLS ME TO AGREE!! God bless america and to hell with everyone else!!!!

I don't really think that Tebow is only doing this to win a game,

That would be my guess.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
so the steelers are sinners ? unworthy ?

how did tiger woods win all those tournaments ?

God only approves of rich US citizens apparently...

That makes absolutely no sense!

Tiger Woods IS a rich U.S citizen.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
sINCE MANY BRING UP MONEY, HERE IS HIS FOUNDATION, oops caps

www.timtebowfoundation.org...#

www.timtebowfoundation.org...

I hear a good percentage of what he earns goes to charity.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Jacksonville, FL (October 25, 2011) – The Tim Tebow Foundation today announced its partnership with CURE International. The Tim Tebow Foundation’s mission is to bring faith, hope and love to those needing a brighter day, and this partnership will directly benefit children throughout the developing world who suffer from treatable physical disabilities. CURE, which exists to provide both physical and spiritual healing, operates programs and hospitals in 20 countries and has performed more than 121,000 surgeries in its 14 year history.

Just saying,

If we haven't done our share, and I certainly fall short, then who are we to judge, looks like he is doing good for people.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The Superbowl talk is a little premature, as Denver still has to face Darth Vader(Belichick) and the dark side.

I like Denver's chances against New England's suck of a defense.

I have loved Tebow's hard nosed football style since his Florida days.

Poo-poo on all those filthy storm trooper announcers and main-stream media haters

Denver's for real............go Bronco's.
edit on 9-1-2012 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
so the steelers are sinners ? unworthy ?

how did tiger woods win all those tournaments ?

God only approves of rich US citizens apparently...

no, the point was tiger had 10 girlfriends while he was winning major tournaments, which breaks a commandment, so why didn't god let a guy win who prayed to him ?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

I haven't anymore to say.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

No god is not, helping him win football games, it is a message,

We were commanded to feed the starving

US

Well, first of all, God is not helping any team to win any sport. At least that is my own personal belief. That is not meant to downplay yours though.

But really, let's say that God is helping NFL teams win games. What does that have to do with feeding the hungry? Nothing.

I think it is greedy for a person to pray for a sports team to win a game.

I don't think God cares whether the Broncos win or lose.

Like I said, I suspect any real god would place importance over other things. Such as starving people, People about to be murdered etc....

I would hope so anyway. If God is worried about who wins an ultimately irrelevant game, is it any wonder why so many people don't seem to have much respect for him? Is it any wonder that people struggle to believe when so many seem to think God would actually care who wins?

I am agnostic, but I have trouble believing in a God that would place a prayer to win a football game over things such as rape, murder, war etc...

Again, that is just my opinion, but thank you for hearing me out.
edit on 9-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

I haven't anymore to say.

And it is foolish to waste a prayer on a football game when there are so many more important issues involving Human kind.

Likewise, it would be foolish to respond to such a prayer.

'Dear God, let the Broncos win"

Dear God, Feed the starving people and shelter the homeless"

Which is the unfoolish prayer? Which is the wise? Which is the weak? Which is the strong?

One of those prayers, I have trouble believing ANY God would answer. I personally hope that if there is a God, they tend to the latter prayer.

But that is just me.

Thank you very much for hearing me out and for offering me your thoughts.

On a side note, I just wish to say that it is a rare thing when people discuss religion, with out it getting ugly and people attacking one another. For the most part this thread has been amazing. Everyone has been civil and listening to each other and considering everyone elses opinions and all around respectful, and I think that is awesome.

So thanks to everyone!
edit on 9-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by angeldoll

It's the message, not the football.

Okay. Thought if I made that big enough, someone might actually read it.

I read it, but may I ask you a question? what is the message?

Hi Gimme.

The message might be different for others, but for me it's "I'm still around", in addition to the message written in John 3:16.

Another oddity: I heard on CNN today that the guy (who caught the ball? I didn't see the play), but another player with an assist, date of birth is 12/25.

An interesting coincidence? I find it very cool.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes, I'm sure God doesn't have better things to do than help one team in a football game. Maybe some players on the other side didn't pray hard enough. Maybe some blasphemed. Maybe God also helps prize fighters win in a contest to see who can beat the other up better. Maybe he helps people win at racetracks..... Or maybe religious nuts have no common sense and realize that God might do better at helping people who are starving around the world or are being terrorized by police states or being sold into slavery or what have you. Maybe people who pray for a "Win" should be less selfish and ask God to use that extra bit of attention they want on their own endeavors to use it on others Actually in Need rather than Not Important In The Big Scheme Of Things For God's Grace kinda crap that goes on before and after so many sporting events. Seriously, any of you out there think God listens to selfish crap like this? Help me win a game? Thank you for helping me win a game? If you're gonna pray, pray for Someone Else and not something selfish that really doesn't help end any suffering (unless you consider people that lose bets sufferers).

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I told everyone after the Broncos beat the Steelers that I was completely confused... because if Tebow won then God must be real.

He is a great "football player," but he is the WORST QB in the league and it isn't even close, even compared to the rest of the leagues backups. He has no touch on the ball when he passes it. It's amazing he even completes almost 50% of his passes he is that bad. I am positive that I could beat him in a passing contest.

But it is so hard to hate on such a good kid and person.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
reply to post by getreadyalready

It is a football game. The absolute epitome of opulence and selfish hoarding of wealth. The man plays on a professional franchise worth millions of dollars. Billion dollar stadiums. The games run so companies can expose over a 100 million Americans to endless advertising. It's an absolute joke, and I don't care if I offend anyone... I've never seen another event outside of war that wastes so much energy and resources, positive or otherwise.

If this is how someone "meets God", then I think they may be in for a surprise with who they're actually meeting.

Based on your description, wouldnt that be the best place to "meet" God?
Its a lot more confronting, or disrupting than expecting him in Church.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
316 yard pass could also mean Psalm 31:6; ironic, no?

He also completed 10 out of 21 passes (Mark 10:21), but I don't see anyone rushing out to sell their possessions.

It could literally mean any of the books in the bible in which there are more than 3 chapters and 16 verses.

I really don't see what the big deal is about this, sometimes you get a team that wins game after game. An example of that is the football team Arsenal FC, who in the 2003-04 season completed the entire season of 38 games without being beaten
edit on 9/1/2012 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Shouldn't a "good Christian boy" like Tim be attending church on Sunday, rather than working on the sabbath to make millions of dollars?

Seems to me that he's either confused about where his spiritual priorities lay, or he's made a conscious decision to put work and material wealth before God.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Interesting that a white halo formed out of nothing over the stadium after their first field goal. I do not know how to embed articles yet but you can google "Mile High Halo forms over Tim Tebow." Article with pictures is in the Huffington Post. Why judge Tim Tebow or predict what God/Jesus would or wouldn't do? Because we could be wrong on both. I think Tebow can paint anything he wants under his eyes. No one is forcing anyone to watch the game. It is no less offensive then cutting to someone spitting or picking their nose or stuffing their face. Get past it. And for the record, I approve of his message. I admire his conviction in spite of millions of viewers and fans who may not agree with him. If you don't share his spiritual beliefs, why does that mean you have to condemn him for them? Last time I checked, freedom of religion is allowed in America. If seeing John 3:16 under Tebow's eyes is offensive go read a book or listen to the game on the radio.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Why would you say god is answering his prayers? Christianity is the most populus religion in the world and many NFL players pray and are chritians. Drew Brees for example. He has had on of the greatest seasons of any QB in history. He broke Dan Marinos single season record for passing yards this year. His team is 13-3 and they have a great shot at winning the super bowl. The same goes for Tebow. He is a talented football player who is having success. It is not necessary to say that just because he is wining that god is answering his prayers. I like Tim Tebows example he sets as being a good person but I find it simply annoying that people go around saying they know things that are unknowable. It is fine to act like you know but don't go around preaching it to everyone IMO.
edit on 9-1-2012 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Turns out, that after reviewing the game film, the NFL has changed his OFFICIAL passing yardage for the game to 311 yards!

Now what?

Does Satan work for the NFL league office?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ah, no. Denver is not a very good football team, and Tebow isn't a very good quarterback. So they have been unable to "put the game away" for most of the season, which is why it's usually close and they fall behind. The law of the bouncing ball has fallen in their favor a few times, and because they couldn't put the teams away, it seems to the brains of the fans that Tebow kneeling down and praying is winning for them. The lottery effect--let them win a little every now and done and they think they're winners. This should end next week in Boston.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Tim Tebow's "public display of affection" for the lawd actually goes against the bible's teachings, so I'd say No, there is no one-and-all powerful Being looking after a game.
Afterall; if "god" is ignoring the prayers of people who are dying of cancer, getting molested by their parents, drowning in stationwagons driven into lakes by depressed mothers, getting kicked out of their homes, and/or watching their loved ones returning home draped in American flags, but is looking after an insignificant little thing like "football", then that would make god a giant piece of divine $h!t, now wouldn't it? And not worthy of prayer at all.

I'm not saying I don't believe in a higher power (i.e. a power of "god"), I just don't believe in a singular being who decides the fates of sporting events.

edit on 9-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join