It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God Answering Tim Tebow’s Prayers?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
Tim Tebow's "public display of affection" for the lawd actually goes against the bible's teachings, so I'd say No, there is no one-and-all powerful Being looking after a game.
Afterall; if "god" is ignoring the prayers of people who are dying of cancer, getting molested by their parents, drowning in stationwagons driven into lakes by depressed mothers, getting kicked out of their homes, and/or watching their loved ones returning home draped in American flags, but is looking after an insignificant little thing like "football", then that would make god a giant piece of divine $h!t, now wouldn't it? And not worthy of prayer at all.

I'm not saying I don't believe in a higher power (i.e. a power of "god"), I just don't believe in a singular being who decides the fates of sporting events.

edit on 9-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

I couldn't have said it any better.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It says in the bible to give glory to god as he/she/it/creation makes it all possible, and that's all I see Tim Tebow doing. I think it's great to see a man do that...especially a man who has accomplished what he has so far this year. I wish him the best of luck and I am positive that win or lose he will continue to give glory to god. And if that has sparked curiousity amonsgst the people, then I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing.

Either way it has made for some damn good football this year!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Monger
I won't worship a God who sees fit to 'answer' a multi-millionaire sports-star's 'prayers' yet lets people die of AIDS/hunger/cancer/murder every day, many of them children.

Yeah, he sure does work in mysterious ways.

No God that requires "worship" is worth worshipping anyway.

I would never "worship" a God, and that is why I don't go to any church. I believe in a higher being, or a pervading spirituality, but I don't believe in personifying it, or ascribing needs and wants to it, and therefore why would anyone worship it?

Also, nobody has any idea what the big picture might be. I've said it in many threads already, but I've heard God's voice, and I truly believe we are all living the lives we specifically asked for. From millionairre athletes to starving babies, there is some purpose to it, and we had some input at some point in the process.

I think instead of worship, what's more important is to acknowledge Him, and just recognize that He's there and thank Him for giving you life.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Is God Answering Tim Tebow’s Prayers?

No.

Yet, Faith is a powerful thing. There are 22 people on the field including Tebow. If a handful of them are giving it a thought whatsoever, then it is influencing the outcome. It doesn't have to be God answering the prayer. I'm pretty sure God doesn't care who wins or loses, the struggle is what counts, but if Tebow believes it, and his offensive line believes it, and some defensive back has a little doubt because of it, then the act of praying and living a faithful life to give the prayer credence might actually influence the play.

being a mason i thought you would believe in God doing something unpredictable such as using tebow for His work.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
to refference another thread - is tebow more important than the 27000 children who died that day ?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
and if you are going to credit god for your wins - what about your losses ?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The creator of all seems really desperate for attention, unlimited power of the universe with endless choices and possiblities, but sees no better way to get the message to the people of Earth than through a football player in a football game in a particular country.

Wouldn't it be better if it were the Olympic games, where more people might be watching? I am sure there are lots of candidates there as well.

Maybe it only wants to reach a group of people in a country and not others? sorry Israel, you are not God's chosen people after all...

Would the message still be as important if it was relaid in the Miss USA pageant instead?
"I wrote 3:16 in my swimsuit, took a total of 316 steps on stage during the competition and I Won!!!"

God sure works in mysterious ways, but I got to wonder about it's wisdom though...

I have seen a lot of people that seem to have alot more wisdom than god...

Too bad so many people gave up their souls so easily instead of choosing to improve upon that which is precious and unique.

They may become better people if they learn to be like the wise instead of letting their religion/holy book dictate their lives and those of others around them.

The sheperd needs sheep and the sheep rely on the sheperd. The sheperd will use the unquestioning sheep for whatever needs it has...

The trick isn't to find a good shepherd, but to rise above the needs of both the sheperd and the sheep.

Some monsters do not know that they are monsters, nor will they acknowledge or change themselves when they do find out.
edit on 10-1-2012 by ixiy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm a Broncos fan, and a fan of Tebow. However, I don't think God could give a darn who wins a NFL football game. However, I believe that Tebow's faith enables him to shrug off the critics and "just win". He stays positive, keeps trying, and works hard every play. That's the difference. So, in a way, God, or more precisely Tebow's faith in God does indeed "answer Tebow's prayers". Whether it's the invisible man in the sky, or just coincidence is entirely up to everyone's interpretation.

Go Broncos. Hopefully you won't get 3 turnovers in the 2nd quarter. Remember, the Broncos were up 13-7 after the first quarter the last time they played, and those 3 turnovers in the 2nd quarter were the difference. The Broncos can win this, if they eliminate the turnovers. The other 3 quarters, they ran with the Pats.

As for the haters, I guess you just gotta hate.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
didnt Jesus Condemn the pharisees for being overly pious and praying in the streets to prove their "holiness" i guess that if god had a stance to take, using the bible, Tebow's actions would be condemned as overt piety and grandstanding not befitting a christian.

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you devour widows' houses, and pray at length as a pretense. - Jesus

[Jesus said...] When you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.

edit on 10-1-2012 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

it does say that, HOWEVER....

the bible is referring to your intentions. There is a difference between praying in public to look holy, and praying all the time (including in public) because you truly love God.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

it does say that, HOWEVER....

the bible is referring to your intentions. There is a difference between praying in public to look holy, and praying all the time (including in public) because you truly love God.

Matthew 6:6
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. (NIV)

Tebows promotion of his own Vanity is his intention
edit on 10-1-2012 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

(This is IMHO)

I think you still take it too literally,

Go to your room (private place in your mind ie. remove all distractions).

If in my mind and soul it is only me and God conversating, what difference does it make where my physical body is.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

i do applaud you on your purely scriptural replies.
2nd

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I'm not saying Tebow's passes are being blessed by God but I do find it quite amusing that Christians seem to think that God can't be two places at once, I mean... if there is a God, I'm sure he can be everywhere at once. And why wouldn't God watch football?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

i would like to add:

mathew 6:5 NIV version

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

-subfab

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Unfortunatly, even God can't watch the Browns play. He(She?Happy?) must have a slightly warped sense of humour to make us Browns fans watch every Sunday. He must want us in Church all day instead of watching my team.
I'm still watching, even if God won't. Once a Browns fan.. your in.
Cheers !

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
By the way, I feel this is a major aspect of the "conspiracy" surrounding the real Masons. Misdirecting and corrupting someone's spirituality, especially Christianity. They do this through their famous hoarding of control over "pop culture" like some of the more infamous musicians of late, and other media.

I imagine there are other 'sects' that dabble in this nonsense, and someone is pulling the strings for the precious NFL and Mr. Tebow to get all the suppressed in the breeding grid to go crazy for no particular reason. It's really just a big game, and you need to start learning the rules.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Picked up this thread of ATS Recap,,love that show ...anyhow WOW ...over 90 million google hits ,wow ...I wonder how many people didn't bother to google but picked a Bible they had at home and checked it out , wow ..It would be interesting to see or know how many bibles were sold over this incident? Thanks for the thread S&F .... The first book I ever read was the book of John many years ago ..that verse changed my life , how much is hard to say but it turned me in a different direction from the path I was on ....thanks again and peace to you ...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I disagree.. public speakers have the same power and comonly use it.. Anyone ever heard of False Idol worship... I'd Think long and hard before even thinking of a man as god if i were a real christian... watch out folks.. ur breaking ur rules not mine..

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by subfab

i would like to add:

mathew 6:5 NIV version

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

-subfab

exactly.. if u do believe.. your prayer and connection will be just as strong without anyone around watching over your shoulder...

im not a religious man.. but u dont need mainstream religions to find the feeling inside that gives hope and love.. just need to look

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join