It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is God Answering Tim Tebow’s Prayers?

page: 1
12
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
blogs.wsj.com...

Is god making one last alter call?


And, as if the win itself weren’t dramatic enough, the football phenom passed for an astonishing 316 yards in ten throws. That would be 31.6 yards a throw. Does that number sound familiar? It should. It’s the verse from the Gospel of John (3:16) that Mr. Tebow had written on his “eye black,” the patch of paint under his eyes to cut glare. For those without your Bible handy that would be: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”


“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

316 yards in ten throws, what are the odds?

John 3:16 Is one of the most famous scriptures in the Bible I was surprised to find so many people had to Google it making it the most look up information on the net because of Tebow,

blogs.wsj.com...




posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Cute, but it's a coincidence. It is quite amazing however that he draws so much attention just for being an outspoken Christian.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
After that game last light...... I unsubscribed to r/atheism.

Feels good.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 


The problem with the bible is that any passage can be taken out of context. But what is the context of the bible? Nobody can really give a good answer.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I did a search for this topic didn't find it posted,

It is interesting, one might say why would god waste his time on a football game, I wonder that myself, but when you consider the numbers of people the message reaches, and the fact people that have never heard John 3:16, and began googling it, it makes me wonder.
edit on 103131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 


The problem with the bible is that any passage can be taken out of context. But what is the context of the bible? Nobody can really give a good answer.


Not this passage.

thanks for posting.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Cute, but it's a coincidence. It is quite amazing however that he draws so much attention just for being an outspoken Christian.


Yes, attention being the key word, the right place at the right time with the right scripture.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
After that game last light...... I unsubscribed to r/atheism.

Feels good.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)


I am not sure what r/atheism is, thanks for posting.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I don't think that God takes sides in football.

You can be an athlete and a Christian. It is the effort of the individual that perfects his/her sporting ability.

I think that God is more interested in your personal development, not your accomplishments on a sporting field.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
After that game last light...... I unsubscribed to r/atheism.

Feels good.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)


I am not sure what r/atheism is, thanks for posting.

It's a subreddit that people join to appear smarter.

you could just google it.

not really important though.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

John 3:16 was the most Googled search term for much of Sunday evening and into Monday morning, as sports fans and non-sports fans alike tried to make sense of the statistical coincidences (and maybe brush up on the Bible).


latimesblogs.latimes.com...



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
After that game last light...... I unsubscribed to r/atheism.

Feels good.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)


I am not sure what r/atheism is, thanks for posting.

It's a subreddit that people join to appear smarter.

you could just google it.

not really important though.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)


I see,



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think it would make sense for God to speak through mass media through Tim Tebow. At the very least it makes a whole lot of sense



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I don't think that God takes sides in football.

You can be an athlete and a Christian. It is the effort of the individual that perfects his/her sporting ability.

I think that God is more interested in your personal development, not your accomplishments on a sporting field.


I understand your point and I have said the same thing myself, it is not about taking sides it is about the message, and what the message accomplishes,
Reading a passage from the Bible that they had never heard

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

John 3:16 was the most Googled search term for much of Sunday evening and into Monday morning, as sports fans and non-sports fans alike tried to make sense of the statistical coincidences (and maybe brush up on the Bible).

Reading a passage from the Bible that they had never heard, my goodness, I learned that passage when I was three.

thanks for stopping by,

edit on 103131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well since no one can prove God does not exist...... I guess it's entirely possible that God has a hand in it. If you just look around the world at everything the odds that it happen on its own are impossible.



Added another supporting video...


edit on 9-1-2012 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
I think it would make sense for God to speak through mass media through Tim Tebow. At the very least it makes a whole lot of sense


Absolutely, that's is what I am trying to say, the churches are empty but the stadiums are full,

edit on 103131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN
 

Thank you for the you-tube, I haven't watched it yet, but I think I may have read about it, I will check it out.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I find it ridiculous that people would even consider that G_d honors Tim Tebow's prayers over all the people who are praying for world peace.

If Tebow's G_d gives more attention to football than to relieve pain and suffering, he's no god of mine.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
I find it ridiculous that people would even consider that G_d honors Tim Tebow's prayers over all the people who are praying for world peace.

If Tebow's G_d gives more attention to football than to relieve pain and suffering, he's no god of mine.


God can't fix our problems for us. He could however get more exposure through a "publicity stunt". Such as helping Tim Tebow.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Tebow is an anagram of web-bot. What could this possibly indicate?



new topics

top topics



 
12
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join