It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk this: New UFO Video taken at night over Campinas, Brazil.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
******ATTENTION******

The topic is: Debunk this: New UFO Video taken at night over Campinas, Brazil.

Not other members. Not debunkers. Not skeptics. Not believers. It is ONLY Debunk this: New UFO Video taken at night over Campinas, Brazil.

If you do not disucss only the topic, your post will be removed. If this message is ignored and you continue on, you may be post banned.

One more time.....the topic is Debunk this: New UFO Video taken at night over Campinas, Brazil.

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
As with just about everything UFO/Alien related here on ATS this will go that it was nothing which it may be. I believe you all know until it is undeniable in each eyes this subject won't get any further any faster.

I believe the ones that do fake/hoax this stuff thinking they are funny or cool should grow up.

One thing I will say, I will be observing Brazil this year for the two large connecting quakes off the hump so there may be activity picking up off the hump of Brazil and also the Ridge and the entire hump of Africa.

Interesting times coming our way. Scary but interesting

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Surely we all fall into the 'I'm not sure what we are seeing here category'. As I see it, people are trying to give the most likely explanation.

I don't get this artificial attempt to divide us into fanatics, those who sit on the wall and debunkers. Speaking for myself, I don't belong in any category and my opinion depends on each case.

It would also help if we could have a translation of what was being said.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

CountDrac
I enjoyed the visual. I like how the attitudes of the observers seemed pretty much positive from the time of observation and not afraid, maybe its a sign the spoonfeeding of the populace is starting to kick in influence with acceptance of the unknown. Some will allow fear to effect their POV on these types of images but overtime the more that is shared my allow them to think a little more out of the box..If those were genuine light then I wonder if shapes or ancient writing can be observed like sky writing somewhat?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I simply said that there has been a steady flow of inconsistent attempts at debunking this.

I think because the debunkers have not agreed in harmony on what this is, this should remain an official UFO sighting.

There have been plenty of cases on ATS where hands-down emphatically a UFO sighting has been debunked as a smudge on a window shield or....an out of control missile. Etc.
That has NOT been the case here.

We've read: Balloons, divers, lanterns, Christmas lights and LED toys.

My comment is very relevant to this conversation. I don't mean to make fun of the debunkers opposed to pointing out how they can't agree on a single debunk-theory.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
reply to post by Human_Alien

Surely we all fall into the 'I'm not sure what we are seeing here category'. As I see it, people are trying to give the most likely explanation.

I don't get this artificial attempt to divide us into fanatics, those who sit on the wall and debunkers. Speaking for myself, I don't belong in any category and my opinion depends on each case.

It would also help if we could have a translation of what was being said.

I absolutely agree. I think it highly important to hear/understand what was being said.

That said, if people think this is NOT a UFO sighting then I think there should be a consistent trend of theory as to an explanation.

Scientists don't look at a heavenly body and rule out what it isn't before agreeing on what it is first. I mean, you can't look at a 'planet' and rule it out while you have people saying: 'it looks like an asteroid" or "it looks like a moon" or 'it looks like a meteor'
Because to me, a 'planet' is just as plausible especially in light of all the disagreement.

So, this is a UFO. Especially when the debunkers can't agree on a debunk.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac

In the latest UFO news, a video taken at night over Campinas, Brazil on January 3, 2011 has aviation experts and UFOlogists baffled.
In the video below, glimmering lights, rising in a spiraling column hundreds of feet long, is filmed against the inky black nighttime skies over Campinas. As the cameraman films, his family chatters excitedly in Spanish, with awe and even fear, animating the discussion. At one point, a child is heard starting to quake with anxiety. It's that scary.

news.gather.com...
edit on 8-1-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

Posting videos and video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of a video, please post the video or a link to the video, a description of the video's content, and one or two paragraphs offering your own opinion on the video. This will help inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on 8/1/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

This FO is totally human made. The question is how is this even considered to be alien ?

Do you even know how hard it is to travel in space?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

This is easily one of the better UFO videos I've seen in a VERY long time... I have zero clue what that could be, at first I thought maybe it was some sort of military flares, but than at the 1:48 mark all the lights begin moving in intelligent ways... Crazy video nevertheless, good luck debunking this one, debunkers...
...Honestly, what the hell could that be?
edit on 9-1-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by McGinty
If they were UFOs why would they be blinking?

And replying "Why wouldn't they?" is indeed a valid reply, since we no nothing about their tech, but doesn't help us learn anything...

Until we figure them out emotionally how can we possibly understand them intellectually?

Sorry, i didn't realise the law of cause & effect required emotional understanding to before i can guess what might happen to a glass if i drop it.

Guess i better write those blinking lights a love letter before i try to fathom why they blink...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
LEDs on balloons. Eratic motion caused by air eddys which can occur miles from mountains...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

This one looks like a bunch of those LED strobes tied to balloons. You can get them for your pet so you can keep track of them at night.

Strobe Light

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I simply said that there has been a steady flow of inconsistent attempts at debunking this.

I think because the debunkers have not agreed in harmony on what this is, this should remain an official UFO sighting.

There have been plenty of cases on ATS where hands-down emphatically a UFO sighting has been debunked as a smudge on a window shield or....an out of control missile. Etc.
That has NOT been the case here.

We've read: Balloons, divers, lanterns, Christmas lights and LED toys.

My comment is very relevant to this conversation. I don't mean to make fun of the debunkers opposed to pointing out how they can't agree on a single debunk-theory.

Im not a de-bunker. I belive that there are many ufo cases that defy
explantion and need to be taken seriously.But how can this subject
be taken seriously when the subject is filled with people like you and
the OP?

How can you debunk something that has no point of reference? You really
think that should not matter? Its a complete joke that you say this video cant be debunked, esp since there is
no evidence that these ufos are even in the sky.

please stop making this subject a complete joke!
edit on 9-1-2012 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by RedShiftDrift

Ok, before you can say this footage cant be de-bunked, can you please give evidnce that shows 100% that these objects are in the sky.

Actually I was more saying that you can't claim that it is anything without a better frame of reference.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Have to admit that is rather strange display of lights doing some bizarre movments.WHy do people think Youtube videos are somehow magically all fake videos.Everyone on earth can take a camera and post youtube videos.Might be fake or they might be real.Skepticism with this subject is down right dishonest and dumb.Skeptics are becoming just as looney as to much of the crazy conspiracy nonsense.

Obviously this vidoe is see lights in the sky acting abnormal and what we call UFOS and point camera at sky.Caveman can understand this video is real.You can argue what it could be.Definetly abnormal for lights to flicker like this and move around all over the place and change colors and think to yourself, thsoe old lights are nothing more than hoaxers and air planes and helicopters, and those ole fake youtubers making up fake videos.

Surely the skeptic world has to be smater than this.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
First, I would like to state I enjoyed the video. I have no idea about whether it is in the correct location stated in some other post. What fascinates me is that at times some of the lights look as if the are flying from one to the other like its one large structure with all these connector lights moving within it. But at one point around the 2 minute and forty second point I swear I heard the sound of firecrackers, and then I heard it again around the 3 minute mark. The peoples voices in the background seemed to be excited and shocked, which is also convincing, but I just can't get over the sound of firecrackers, I hear that sound every year on July 4th.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Could be new technology of some sort of flares we don't know about.Looks like they are being dropped down and flickering and some are diffrent colors.Also seems like they moved around just a bit at times,not sure though.
At times it looked like the lights changed directions and moved the other way.Or just went in some kind of pattern
edit on 9-1-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

LED Balloons, thats all you got???
Please find me balloons that can break the laws of physics and make formations like that. Ill buy the company and become a millionaire...
What laws of physics do you think are being broken?

I'm not seeing any evidence of that.

And you never answered my question if you care where this video is from?

If we knew the TRUE location, we might be able to find other videos or documentation of the event.

I'd say your claim this is video of supposed footage in Campinas has likely been debunked, since the people videotaping are Mexican, not Brazilian. And no, the person who uploaded the video doesn't say it was shot in Campinas.

The mag said brazil, someone here said its mexico. Ok if it is mexico prove it...
Regardless i don't know what does that have to do with anything? Who cares if its Brazil or mexico.

Ill go with the mag and not a random ATSer who thinks is mexico...
What is a mag?

The only people I know of who would be speaking Mexican slang in Brazil would be Mexican tourists, and since the uploader said the location was a guess anyway, Mexico is a more likely location, as several posters in this thread have pointed out.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Flares. Totally flares

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Some of the lights literlay fall down then stop.Appeared some of them went back up but at times.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join