It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk this: New UFO Video taken at night over Campinas, Brazil.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedShiftDrift

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by RedShiftDrift

Ok, before you can say this footage cant be de-bunked, can you please give evidnce that shows 100% that these objects are in the sky.

Actually I was more saying that you can't claim that it is anything without a better frame of reference.

Sorry mate. I was supposed to quote what the OP said, and somehow i quoted you

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
ITS MAN MADE.....WHO CARES

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Both the author of the article, as well as the person who posted the video stated it was from Campinas (check his youtube page).

And since you are such an expert in the dialect of Brazil, use your common sense and entertain the idea that maybe the people we hear in the video were Mexican tourists. Maybe they were Mexicans visiting their family. Maybe it was a Mexican lover visiting his Dominatrix…

So unless you have any new information or some sort of logic you want to share with us regarding the visuals in the video, move on…

edit on 9-1-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
Both the author of the article, as well as the person who posted the video stated it was from Campinas (check his youtube page).
The youtube page is where I got my information that he doesn't know where it's from. He admits he's guessing.

And since you are such an expert in the dialect of Brazil, use your common sense and entertain the idea that maybe the people we hear in the video were Mexican tourists.
Didn't I say that was a possibility? However since the youtuber admits he's guessing about the location, it's illogical to conclude that it's more likely these are Mexican tourists in Brazil, than to conclude it's made in Mexico.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Hi. I'm a Brazilian, first, it's not a dialect, here in Brazil we speak Portuguese, and it is not what I hear in the video. What I hear is spanish. We talk portuguese because we were colonized by Portugal.
Campinas city is not even near some border with our neighbour countries that speak Spanish.
Brazil is in south america, located in south hemisphere mostly, that is very far away from mexico.

So at the roots of the info provided, it's not consistent, than I conclude that is probably faked by someone with bad knowledge of the basics of geography.
edit on 9-1-2012 by skullandbonesband because: grammar

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The poster of the video doesn’t admit anything, and he suggests it was shoot in Brazil.
And im telling that I have a feeling it was a Mexican lover visiting his dominatrix in Brazil.

So again, this is not a thread arguing the location of the video or your opinion on the location.
Unless you have any more information you would like to share with us on the visuals move on…

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Actually no one can prove that this was not photograpphed in a dark auditorium, night club or basement. Is this is the best footage ever?? Then I really pity some people who will believe just about anything including lights without form or frames of reference. How far were they away for the view 2 feet or 20 miles?

Bah
edit on 9-1-2012 by Tiger5 because: typo

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by skullandbonesband

Again they could be Mexican tourists visiting Brazil, so what’s your point???
The visuals speak for themselves, but for you to make a conclusion that its fake because you are not sure where it was shoot is just plain ignorant…

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The poster of the video doesn’t admit anything, and he suggests it was shoot in Brazil.

suggests=guess

See, you admit it too! If he knew where it was from he would say so. He even explains his "logic" in guessing the way he did, which doesn't even address the language issue. If he was aware of that he might have guessed differently.

Originally posted by skullandbonesband
So at the roots of the info provided, it's not consistent, than I conclude that is probably faked by someone with bad knowledge of the basics of geography.
Yes, thanks for your post. The location was a guess, and not a very good guess.

And the location is important.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You seem to be ignoring the fact that this was filled in total darkness. There is no line of reference at all. So, this could be anywhere, from a field to a garden. It would be interesting to see your other posts on this board. I would not be suprised if you are gullible when it comes to ufo footage,photos etc

Yes, if you could see something, like the top of tree's or houses, and it clearly showed the object in the sky, then it would make it interesting, but seeing as there is no proff that these ufos were in the sky, then that makes the footage usless.

How long have you been into the ufo subject? It seems like you have no clue on how important line of reference is when it comes to ufo photos or movies. This tells me you know very little about the subject, and pretty much believes almost everything you read,see, and hear

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I simply said that there has been a steady flow of inconsistent attempts at debunking this.

I think because the debunkers have not agreed in harmony on what this is, this should remain an official UFO sighting.

There have been plenty of cases on ATS where hands-down emphatically a UFO sighting has been debunked as a smudge on a window shield or....an out of control missile. Etc.
That has NOT been the case here.

We've read: Balloons, divers, lanterns, Christmas lights and LED toys.

My comment is very relevant to this conversation. I don't mean to make fun of the debunkers opposed to pointing out how they can't agree on a single debunk-theory.

The burden of proof is not on the debunkers. I'm sure you've heard of Occam's Razor- "the simplest explanation will be the most plausible until evidence is presented to prove it false", basically when you look at a video of blurry pinpoints of light you should first seek out a reasonable explanation. And if a reasonable explanation fits, then there is no need to go any further. Lighted balloons tethered together have been shown to behave the same way as the objects in the video in the OP and therefore there is no reason to escalate the video to the realm of "ET-controlled flying saucers" or even to "UFO". There is a reasonable explanation, and per Occam's Razor it is the most plausible. The OP asked for this video to be debunked and it has indeed been thoroughly and soundly debunked. Let's move on and make room for a (hopefully) more compelling UFO video.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The guy who posted the video said “I just posted another video someone suggested to me. They filmed it the EXACT SAME DAY and in Campinas City, which leaves me to believe this also was taken in Campinas”.

So let me teach to you basic English and breakdown the peragraph for you. Someone suggested to him this UFO video (not suggesting or guessing it was shot in campinas). And he continues to say “They filmed it the EXACT SAME DAY and in Campinas City”.

Campinas City:
A city and municipality located in the coastal interior of the state of São Paulo, Brazil.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

NO, Lighted balloons tethered together have not been shown to behave the same way as the objects. So unless you have a better explanation this has not been debunked...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have been watching this thread since its inception, even commented once of twice before..

So far to recap, a number of plausible explanations have been put forward by different members, only to be shot down by the OP and some other members.

Par for the course here in the ATS UFO forum, including the comments and responses that are borderline violations of the T and C of the site and the tighter protocols in this specific forum. Very disappointing to me, I expect my fellow ATS members to be able to conduct a civilized discussion.

Anyway, back to my original intent with this comment. I came across a video, definitely from Campinos, Brazil, not just a guess from a third party. This video does not show any UFO, but it definitely does show night time skydivers, including the type of lights that one may use, although not necessarily always.

As you can see, this is from the perspective of the skydiver. You can clearly see that there are definitely night time jumps, by illuminated skydivers that do occur over Campinos, Brazil. The date on the video is a bit dated, but at least now we DO know what it could be, with evidence supporting the hypothesis.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by derpif

Looks great, could it be fireworks?

are you mentally ill?? since when do fireworks stay stationary in mid-air for five minutes???? WOW

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

And since you are such an expert in the dialect of Brazil, use your common sense and entertain the idea that maybe the people we hear in the video were Mexican tourists. Maybe they were Mexicans visiting their family. Maybe it was a Mexican lover visiting his Dominatrix…

So unless you have any new information or some sort of logic you want to share with us regarding the visuals in the video, move on…

WHO CARES,,,ITS MAN MADE

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE

Originally posted by derpif

Looks great, could it be fireworks?

are you mentally ill?? since when do fireworks stay stationary in mid-air for five minutes???? WOW

Does it really matter if its lights,fireworks or whatever!!! Its man made dude.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Great Video, although there is no reference point as to what angle the camera was pointed I feel this is a genuine UFO video. Maybe skydivers,but it it were there are alot of them, and why would sky divers jump in large groups? I counted 26 at one point. Most likley becuase they are a stunt group that does aireal pattern making at night or something, I see nothing of that in this video, if they were making any patterns at all it in this video then they must be representing constellations becuase i dont see anything "normal". There is another video of the lights and the colors they these things emit are alot more noticeable.

The voices in the video are speaking spanish from what i could gather, they talk about different sizes and colors. Apparently they are not from around there,the women mentions they might be on the mountain nearby.

Its a tough call, could be skydivers, and ariel drop of some kind, could be a police chase on a mountain side lol, we just dont know for sure so this one should go in the genuine UFO files here on ATS

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
So..what's more plausible?

Those guys are having fun and doing a night-jump....or that we are dealing with extraterrestrials?

edit on 8-1-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

Maybe its aliens trying to abduct the night skyjumpers!!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Dots in the night sky can be anything..even not in the sky. I automatically don't believe it.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join