It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk this: New UFO Video taken at night over Campinas, Brazil.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

NO, Lighted balloons tethered together have not been shown to behave the same way as the objects. So unless you have a better explanation this has not been debunked...

WRONG depending on the wind factor they in fact do. It sounds like you have your mind made up and have decided that these lanterns are of unknown origins "aliens" or what have you. This is the problem in the UFO fringe, critical thinking is key to truth seeking -- not blind faith. blind faith enables more disinformation.

I tell ya what it is..

CHINESE LANTERNS

chinese lanterns being lit and cast away

Popular method among UFO hoaxers and cultists

yes they come in different colors. as you can see the wind is blowing them around and the flames flickering. and yes even in brazil they can and will be used. just had an event here recently in the midwest using them. was really cool at first i was like "omg is that what i think it is" until i got closer and realized a local bar was setting off chinese lanterns for octoberfest lol. first time seeing them in person after countless ufo videos of chinese lanterns on youtube still could have fooled me at first.

Another misidentified

I think people should be educated enough to know better by now on ATS

If they are just lights that flicker then fade away then that is kind of a give away. If it is an object that is not anything like a conventional vehicle that flies in to the picture and zooms off at super speeds then you might have something. these "lights in the sky" videos have jumped the shark. everyone with a camera phone and a youtube account has "UFO footage" these days.

Objects identified

DEBUNKED

your welcome OP

edit on 9-1-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Sky divers would need to see one another at night to some degree, some continuous light is needed, and sky diving is usually a planned event, not the chaos seen in those videos. Besides the 'second disgorgement', (as we don't see a first) should allow for the aircraft lights to be seen, and there appears to be none. If it's mundane, perhaps a nutball hangliderman throwing stuff out. If it is a UFO display, then it looks very like aliens are into showbiz themselves...cool!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I saw something like this the other day In Fort worth TX I went out side to take out the trash and i saw those type of lights i didn't get to so see the outline except the lights that were to together and space evenly to be stars, I couldn't explain it so i called my brother outside and saw it as well it looked as it were a ship from star wars. There where other strange 'Stars' out that night but they were such at a high altitude you couldn't see them very well.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that there was recently a meteor shower visible from many places In North/Central/South America. Maybe even eastern hemisphere, too. I think the ways the lights are deforming then reforming together looks like it could be that. I only mention because my friend described something similar, and he was in Florida at the time.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Its really pretty, whether it was in the sky or not. You know, I can't say I would look at that and jump to the UFO conclusion. It really looks to me like a long string of helium balloons lit either internally (or carrying) a number of LED lights, some set to flash, some not. If you watch the way the items move and stop and seem to collect around each other and then get drawn away....well, it really does look like string of balloon behavior to me, all explained by the floating balloons moved slightly by the wind getting tangled and untangled.

But it could be UFO's from far far away. Anything is possible and anyway, like I said "Pretty".

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

It would be nice to say CL's, but they have a bad habit of going up the ways..until their light goes out, then they go down the ways, invisibly at night. Then there is the problem of ignition, it's usually done on the ground, it's okay, I know you are only joking.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

I have seen many chinese lanterns, and these are not chinese lanterns.
Thats a very bad explanation. But because there is no point if reference,
there is no way of knowung if these objects are actually in the sky. This
makes the footage usless.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarsky

Its really pretty, whether it was in the sky or not. You know, I can't say I would look at that and jump to the UFO conclusion. It really looks to me like a long string of helium balloons lit either internally (or carrying) a number of LED lights, some set to flash, some not. If you watch the way the items move and stop and seem to collect around each other and then get drawn away....well, it really does look like string of balloon behavior to me, all explained by the floating balloons moved slightly by the wind getting tangled and untangled.

But it could be UFO's from far far away. Anything is possible and anyway, like I said "Pretty".

Pretty much as I thought, a mish mash of stuff. There is still a problem though in the second wave, (Mexican or otherwise) and that is lighting up time, how are they switched on in the manner you see?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Look, If I saw something like that in the sky I'd be calling everyone I know to go outside and see if they can spot this. This is something I've never seen before, wow

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
There is a clue by the videographer Javier at second 0:16 he said in spanish:
Javier - “De los cuetes tan chidos que estan lanzando”
Translation: “ From the awesome fireworks they are releasing”
Check carefully the comment by Javier answering to his friend.

Javier is the one recording the video, Javier was there seeing all the action
and he described fireworks being released. Now make your judgement.

In this segment of the footage I see at the top a big light burning and the
fragments are falling, some other lights are also falling and all the lights
finally dissapeared, in my opinion after burning. Fireworks, that's what
Javier the videographer described. Make your judgement.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Extraterrestrials are there. I've seen space craft that are unidentifiable in comparison to known human technology. I've seen them with my own eyes, no tricks, pure intelligent maneuvering and movement.

All you can do is hold those experiences that inform us of the mystery and beauty of the Universe close to your heart - let others find their answers and experience their experiences.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
After the years and years of ATS UFO footage, a question popped into my head.

If I was a highly advanced civilization, why would I or do I need flashing lights on the outside of my craft?

May they are "Galactic Ghetto Cruisers"?

P.S. Really not making fun here just asking a basic logical question, with a tinge of humor.

edit on 9-1-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Look at 1:41 when the light that's moving down duplicates itself and start's blinking. I don't mind there being a rational explanation for this, but to just throw out there fireworks or skydivers without explaining the common sense questions that this video raises is not productive imo.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

seriously? I don't think so. Overwhelming it is not as much as I;d like it to be. With all of our camera phones and video surveillance we still have very few clear and unimpeachable pieces of evidence. There are now just way too many charlatans.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The guy who posted the video said “I just posted another video someone suggested to me. They filmed it the EXACT SAME DAY and in Campinas City, which leaves me to believe this also was taken in Campinas”.

So let me teach to you basic English and breakdown the peragraph for you. Someone suggested to him this UFO video (not suggesting or guessing it was shot in campinas). And he continues to say “They filmed it the EXACT SAME DAY and in Campinas City”.
Please recheck your English, with your English teacher. And you also need to apply some logic.

The video he says was filmed in Campinas is the other video, not this one.

When he says: " leaves me to believe this also was taken in Campinas" the translation of that in English is:

"I don't have a clue where this video was taken. But since another video was taken the same day, I'm going to guess this was taken in the same place as that one".

So what are the odds that two videos might be shot the same day on different parts of the Earth? Does that make a very good basis to guess that because two videos were made the same day, they must be from the same place? No, it doesn't.

Doesn't it seem ridiculous to presume that because two videos were made the same day, they must be from the same place?

Yet that seems to be the basis for his guess of the location. As others have pointed out, it's not a very good guess.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

If all you have to gripe about is where the footage was taken, then I would say that this is a pretty compelling video!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Cool post! I call hoax! The round orb that appears before the smaller lights appear always seems to come from the ground (or the direction of the ground since we have no reference of sky vs ground) like it is being shot into the sky. Never does the round orb drop down from the sky and then release the smaller lights. I think it is fireworks or the like. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Good video. Thanks for posting OP.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jahn369

At first, i thought it was pretty boring. But then at 1:20 it gets a lot more interesting. The only mundane explanation that comes to mind is that it might be flares and flashing beacons in some kind of training exercise.

I noticed at that point the blinking lights had blurred and the camera went out of focus. With a black background the more interesting part could be cgi and then a few seconds of blurriness at the end. Then there is "part two" which is the other video one of the posters uploaded here as his reply to which country the videos were from. With nothing in the frame to give us any sense of anything but blackness, I don't think this video is worth the attention.

I don't give much credibility to night time ufos because there is rarely any detail but there are some really great ones too. I have recorded a daytime object that clearly is not a group of balloons and another one that wound up in a scenery shot looking down on cliffs and ocean. Each of them have a lot of detail and visual clues that as far as I'm concerned are the real deal. There's really not much to these. Check out UFO's Over S F Bay by Birdihanson (i think), those lights have a characteristic movement that I have seen in two other daytime objects I've recorded. It's a light airy dancing movement that for me gives credibility to some videos I've seen. I just don't think there is enough visual evidence to warrant much attention.

As an aside, I've often wondered what was up with all the lights and concluded in some cases they are for communication or information transfer to objects we don't see or maybe to us but we don't understand it yet. Some lights are due to the type of anti gravity the craft is using. I think it is electrostatic antigravity that makes the whole craft glow. There are some other types that give the craft the ability to change shape and appearance (think of nanoparticle skin and structure). I think if they were trying to communicate with us they would dumb it down a little.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I call this a bluff,LED's a flashing (party)necklace led with multi color lights in a dark room..easy to pull this off.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join