It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS should BAN avatars that show members with a gun (we are NOT facebook here)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by Ben81

The right to bare arms is part of the constitution of the United States (2nd amendment). I don't think any other country has such an irresponsible legal inclusion as part of its foundation documents.

I concur

I mean who wouldn't want to see these arms

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Do any of you read any comments posted before posting? If I read "well I think they should ban skulls in avatars as well" once more....I may well scream.

To be honest I can tolerate guns... But I think they should ban skulls in avatars as well....

I think they should ban avatars that depict skinny girly men with greasy hair and angel wings who are holding swords. I'm so sick of those avatars

edit on 5-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Do any of you read any comments posted before posting? If I read "well I think they should ban skulls in avatars as well" once more....I may well scream.

To be honest I can tolerate guns... But I think they should ban skulls in avatars as well....

I think they should ban avatars that depict skinny girly men with greasy hair and angel wings who are holding swords. I'm so sick of those avatars

edit on 5-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Ooooo, that there is fighting talk

edit on 5-1-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

And so you have violated the TandC by posting pictures of guns aimed directly at the reader? Also, a picture of what looks to be a potential crime with the gun to his own head?

You criticize the mundane gun pics, read the several replies citing the terms and conditions, and then intentionally post 3 pictures violating those same terms and conditions?

I'm speechless.

link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

We should ban people who want to ban everything. I like the way the rules are on ATS. Ill never understand why some people enjoy being controlled.

Liberalism: Ideas so good they're mandatory.

link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Uhhh, no avatar..??

Free speech is quite the conundrum, is it not?
edit on 5-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: Mis spelling

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Gun or no gun, I think the stupidest thing a person can to its put their picture on the web, or any other personal info.

link   
reply to post by Ben81

You've been told that images of guns pointing at the camera are unacceptable and then you go and put up some pics of idiots pointing guns at a camera.

You say you want to ban these images as avatars ,which are already banned, but it's ok to put it in your post ??????

Cosmic..

link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Well some of us have a different opinion.

www.youtube.com...

LOL im Canadian it is maybe the reason

i have a BB gun that i have shot at pepsi can with it

One time .. a friend of mine(he was young at that time) took is bb gun for fun and shot
4-5 crows in his backyard and he told me like he was proud
i wasnt proud of him at all

Gun are there to protect others from others
not to show off everyone they have a gun ready to use it

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Since you don't like seeing those avatars & it's not against t&c why don't you just click over to your profile & click "hide avatars & backgrounds"?
Problem solved.

OiO

link   

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

GREAT song man.... LOVE it (one of my favs)

As to the meaning.... Hmmmm
edit on 5/1/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

Not to go off topic but here is the meaning from the mouth of John Lennon.

"I think he(George Martin) showed me a cover of a magazine that said 'Happiness Is a Warm Gun.' It was a gun magazine. I just thought it was a fantastic, insane thing to say. A warm gun means you just shot something."

In other words he found it an odd thing to say that shooting things makes you happy. So he wrote the song kind of poking fun of that magazine and proudly sung "hapiness is a warm gun", as sarcastic as can be.

Though he did later claim in 1980 that it also had a bit of a sexual double meaning as well.

But I always liked his first explanation better. Show me a guy who is smiling after they just shot some one and I will show you a psycho.

That said, I still have no problems with gun avatars. Like I said, there are many reasons that people have guns in their avatar and to assume those reasons are violent is just silly.

The T&C has rules in place as far as avatars go and I see no reason to change them.

edit on 5-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I know right? I mean who in their right mind would.... oh, wait....

Me

:shk: :shk:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

thats the problem in this world .. some people have way to much freedom

Did you really just say that? Too much freedom huh? Wow! Maybe you like to be told when you can do everything in your life, but I like my freedom enough to want even more of it!

ETA: I am a collector of firearms, and a shooter, so I like to display my pieces because they are like art to me.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
edit on 1/5/2012 by SpaDe_ because: ..........

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
First of all: You cant bubble wrap the world, and I for one cannot stand people who try too! Its called freedom--->I do not like the skulls in your avatar as they insinuate death. That in itself can be seen as 'disturbing' or 'violent'.
Do you see my point?
Where would it end?!?!

TOO MUCH CENSORSHIP IS A BIG PROBLEM AND HAS BEEN!, imo.

2nd:

Originally posted by Ben81

later the cops/FBI realised after recovering facebook jpeg
a lot of personal pictures indicating a violent behavior (guns, big knifes etc)
trying to impress or trying to look just cool with the hood on the head to avoid recognition.

So in fact by allowing people to (be free) post these types of pictures(or anything for that matter), it allowed for 'authorities' to help track/identify key components to further aid in stopping future incidents.

I strongly disagree with your entire post.

ThatGuy45
edit on 5/1/12 by ThatGuy45 because: edit to add

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Modding a site of this size, magnitude, and breadth of subject is a monumental task, and we depend on the members to alert us to things requiring our attention. If you have noticed areas that lack attention, then by all means use the complaint feature to bring those things to our attention.

Yes I have, the problem is the length it takes to resolve or reply to it, can you give an answer?

Being serious..... I don't know is an unacceptable answer

Thank you Mod for your reply in this manner, obviously you care!

link   

edit on 5-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: Double post

link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by Ben81

The right to bare arms is part of the constitution of the United States (2nd amendment). I don't think any other country has such an irresponsible legal inclusion as part of its foundation documents.

I concur

I mean who wouldn't want to see these arms

Absolutely!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Those are well known pics. that came of very serious situations, national scale news.
I'm surprised this would be banned, in these cases...

ETA: Oh, I see. This is specific to avatars, I follow now...

edit on 5-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Not to go off topic but the meaning. From the mouth of John Lennon.

"I think he(George Martin) showed me a cover of a magazine that said 'Happiness Is a Warm Gun.' It was a gun magazine. I just thought it was a fantastic, insane thing to say. A warm gun means you just shot something."

In other words he found it an odd thing to say that shooting things makes you happy. So he wrote the song kind of poking fun of that magazine and proudly sung "hapiness is a warm gun", as sarcastic as can be.

Well yeah I know the gun mag story...but it's also clearly a drug reference and clearly has sexual undertones.

"Mother Superior" is slang for drug dealer in the UK and the trigger is the needle.

Many, many Beatles songs are about drugs but this is a mixture of Drugs and Sex I think..... but the magazine story is nice too.... much like when Paul wouldn't admit to taking acid
and many others.

Also from wiki

Many different interpretations of the song have been offered down the years. It has been said that, in addition to the obvious reference mentioned above, the "Warm Gun" could also be due to Lennon's sexual desire for Yoko Ono[4] and also to his well-documented problems with heroin at the time of the recording of the White Album (in this case, the gun being a loaded syringe, although Lennon claimed to have snorted, rather than injected, heroin during the time that he used the drug). In his 1980 interview Lennon admitted to the double meaning of guns and sexuality ("that was the beginning of my relationship with Yoko and I was very sexually oriented then") but denied the song had anything to do with drugs

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
ok ill jump down from the fence and say this, guns do not kill people , people kill people, guns are a tool that make it more stunning: hands, feet, rocks, sticks, clubs, bats, knifes , and yes skulls can all be used to kill with , how many were killed in Africa with machetes? and yet are all theses not tools? nothing to fear but fear it self , that is to say fear will only fear you if you let it, so avs have guns big deal. got any clue what my av is?

Exactly

Gun do not kill people
people kill people

That is the whole point of this thread
take a picture of your gun .. i love gun there are fascinating
and can be dangerous if it is not used with maturity
but do not for god sake take a picture of youtself with the gun
displaying an agressive behavior for everyones eyes

how responsable is that .. there is many young kid here reading threads
they dont need to see such arrogance
edit on 1/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join