It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS should BAN avatars that show members with a gun (we are NOT facebook here)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thats my kind of weapons

edit on 1/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Yes I have, the problem is the length it takes to resolve or reply to it, can you give an answer?

Being serious..... I don't know is an unacceptable answer

Thank you Mod for your reply in this manner, obviously you care!

I can try to give you an answer. In general, the staff likes to discuss action and reach a consensus before taking action on a post, unless it is a very obvious and serious violation. We do get a sizeable amount of complaints, but it is rare for one to go unnoticed. Occasionally a complaint could get lost in a tidal wave of complaints, or it could come at a time when very few staff are logged on. Once in a while a complaint is discussed and no real consensus is reached, so we err on the side of no action. Once in a while the consensus is that no rules have been violated.

If you ever have a specific question about an action, feel free to directly contact me, or any other Mod. If we aren't immediately aware of the situation, we can find it with just a little research. Send a link in your message if you'd like.

Hope that helps from a general perspective. Specifics might be much easier to discuss.... privately.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Ben81

And so you have violated the TandC by posting pictures of guns aimed directly at the reader? Also, a picture of what looks to be a potential crime with the gun to his own head?

You criticize the mundane gun pics, read the several replies citing the terms and conditions, and then intentionally post 3 pictures violating those same terms and conditions?

I'm speechless.

Well i have put the best of the 3 link from my upload section
there is no link that hide the picture completely

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by getreadyalready

Is this true? I mean, those are well known pics. that came of very serious situations, national scale news.
I'm surprised this would be banned, in these cases...

The guideline is specifically in the avatar guidelines. I think the pictures in a post would be handled in a case by case basis. It might not be a problem. I wouldn't want to make that decision all on my own, I'd wait for some other admin to chime in. If it was pertinent to the conversation, and not seen as threatening, maybe it would be allowed.

Still seems an odd thing to do in this thread, since the thread is about avatars, and a call for more strict guidelines, yet those pictures would obviously violate the already existing rules.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Ben81

Now SWORDS... that's where it's at
REAL men have swords

I will 2nd that!

Swords - much more dignified. Plus: they make each opponent face each other, locked in battle. None of this, shot from a-far tee hee hee gotcha crap! Much more significance and honer.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
everyone in this thread has been TROLLED so hard its amazing...there is no way the OP is serious and if he is serious then he or at least this opinion of his cant be taken seriously for many of the reasons stated within this thread.

I am leaning towards trolling on the OP's part due to the mere fact I don't want to believe someone could be so short-sited and naive as to actually want condemn pixels (on the behalf of EVERYONE) because of their own insecurities or personal issues regarding whatever it is that scares them at that moment in time...

Having said all that there are more important things that need to be banned that are far more scary and kill way more people...like "darkness" we need to make it illegal to have shadows because they cast darkness in certain areas and quite frankly shadows scare the hell out of me. They are like demon people that follow you around but you can only see them during the day! Who the hell knows where they are at night...

we need to develop light emitting hats that eliminate shadows and possibly stop the rotation of the planet and all move to the sunny side so we will never have to experience the terror and horror of darkness again!!

Am I on the right track OP? Am I on the same page?

The thought that you are merely trolling is far more acceptable than taking you seriously...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

my point might be more clear in my previous post
I was serious about that -->

Gun do not kill people
people kill people

That is the whole point of this thread
take a picture of your gun .. i love gun there are fascinating
and can be dangerous if it is not used with maturity
but do not for god sake take a picture of youtself with the gun
displaying an agressive behavior for everyones eyes
how responsable is that .. there is many young kid here reading threads
they dont need to see such arrogance

what about you though now ?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I cannot speak for him but I believe that Ben is serious. And that his message is a noble one meant to avoid propagating violence.

While I respect the idea behind such a request, I must disagree. As many have mentioned, where would it stop?

Violence and propagated violence is part of our society, no matter if we agree or not. Kids nowadays see move violence everywhere than ever before. It would be impossible to pretend that it doesn't exist. And to hide it isn't the solution.

Safety of our kids? From way back when...

What is more violent than cartoons ?

Ask the coyote...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Well some of us have a different opinion.

www.youtube.com...

LOL im Canadian it is maybe the reason

i have a BB gun that i have shot at pepsi can with it

One time .. a friend of mine(he was young at that time) took is bb gun for fun and shot
4-5 crows in his backyard and he told me like he was proud
i wasnt proud of him at all

Gun are there to protect others from others
not to show off everyone they have a gun ready to use it

Actually showing off your gun is the first step to keep you from ever having to use it, the mere presence of a firearm or means of defending yourself deters you from having to actually use it...

I clean my guns on my front porch if its nice out...

The fear of guns in unnatural...the fear of people however is significantly more legitimate and founded, why would you not want to protect yourself from people, but rather protect yourself from guns? makes no sense...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Sly1one

my point might be more clear in my previous post
I was serious about that -->

Gun do not kill people
people kill people

what about you though now ?

I have never seen anyone post a pic of themselves with a gun in a "violent" manner as loosely as some use that term around here.

and what about me?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Exactly

I love guns to and i would like to clean my own guns in front of my porch
if nobody around to see me .. except if the neighboors know me well lol

guns are not for children who can accidentaly fire it at his younger brother or sister
by seeing such pose in avatars on the net that look so cool
some kid will try to look the same kind of cool
will take guns from his parents and pose it with the finger on the trigger

in my opinion we should use more reasonable common sens to prevent any gun fatalities
cant even believe some people here would not agree to that .. it sadden me

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
OP I'm 17 and I have no problems seeing them. Look you see them in movies and tv shows you watch Does that mean we should ban TV shows and movies from showing guns?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
While I do see the point of the OP, I to must disagree with it. I see so much political correctness at work that it is getting insane. Kids nowadays are going to see MUCH more violent content just in movie trailers on TV/Internet than the ones depicted in an Avatar.

I think I need to find someone who is good with art as I would like to do a custom avatar. I like this husky, but I think it is time for more

IWOH

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Gun do not kill people
people kill people

I can't begin to describe how flawed your logic is. If I have a gun and I want to take a picture of it, how do you know what my intent is?

The mere fact that you automatically draw the conclusion that I or anyone else is crazy and will go off on some psychotic rampage just because I post a pic of myself with a gun is probably one of the most ludicrous things I've ever heard. The only arrogance would be in assuming that a child would automatically see negative emotions within the image. If that was the truth then perhaps the parent should have raised the child better by helping them respect and understand guns instead of fear and hate anyone who has one, especially thinking they are going to be a victim. This is the worst kind of lashing out.

I suppose that if you are wearing a blue shirt that it means you're tied to the Cryp's and you're commiting gang violence too?

Seriously, what kind of trolling is this?

Freedom for everyone as is the second amendment. We do not have to forgo out freedoms just so you can feel better about a Facebook or ATS profile pic.

I am just stunned at how ridiculous this topic is and the fact that it has gone on for so long that I had to finally post.

I suppose you think I'm hiding behind that ATS mask and going to kill someone too? Or maybe it's that I'm a game developer in training and it's Video game related mixed with a little of my irish background?

Hmm. makes you think.

King
edit on 5-1-2012 by Kingalbrect79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I feel the need for an evil long laugh.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Closing this thread :

Guns Guns Guns always big destructive Guns
why in hell do people need Guns
its because of people with Guns ..

Imagine a world if Guns were no more necessary
i dont have one .. i dont need one
when you have a Gun some people think they are gods with it
wonder why the US has the biggest millitary budget in the world
completely power ungry .. it can slowly eat your soul or a country soul crying for more wars

the Age of Guns after this 21 december will be over.. Guns will be obsolete

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Then I'm so glad I'm going to LV this spring - my husband promised to take me to go shoot machine guns.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

What if I don't need guns, but I just really like them?

I can handle myself just fine without a gun. Of course, deer hunting will be a little more interesting without them. I don't need a hammer either, but it is so much more convenient than finding a flat rock to beat on a nail with. I don't need my spare tire in the car either. In 21 years of driving, I've never once needed a spare. Of course, the day I need it will be the day I need it, and I'll be glad I have it. I've carried a gun for at least 15 years, and never once needed it, but of course, the day I need it, I will be glad to have it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Hitler had a mustache so I think we should ban pictures of people with mustaches.

Look... I get what you are saying. I don't like pictures of people with guns either. But it's a large part of what makes up many peoples' identities. I have yet to see a threatening picture of anybody with a gun on ATS so I'm not going to complain.

Maybe you just need to realize the implications of what such a rule would end up leading to.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I'll give you a flag because yeah, I find it hilarious that a lot of members here are anti-war, anti-violence etc but don't mind seeing guns and such in avatars.

I don't mind them myself and have always wanted to own a replica or one that has been decommissioned so it won't hurt anyone should an accident happen but if we're honest, people holding guns in pictures that are posted online as an avatar or FB picture to me seems pretty much a redneck kinda thing to do regardless of which country you're from.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join