It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS should BAN avatars that show members with a gun (we are NOT facebook here)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

over sensitive people who think that 16 year old was taken out with excessive force AFTER he shot two officers....nuff said.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Bad parenting, not: guns, metal music, comic books, video games, or even books are what cause this....THEN as if it wasn't bad enough that they failed to bring up these kids right, they take it to the next level and blame everything under the sun but themselves for the evil inside the child. Remember generation x? This is now "Generation: My mommy told me i was special". Let's get rid of 'TIME OUT" and go back to disciplining our children, instead of letting them think they can act however they want without repercussions. But why should the majority suffer because of the failures of the ignorant

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

If the chowderheads want to self incriminate let them do it...Big surprise if some members aren't convicted felon's owning many guns.

Your don't have a sound argument. Leave it be...They like the guns...are they all murders? I don't think so...but who knows how many pieces of meat they illegaly digest in their intestines...Of course I'm talking about poaching.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
How about an atomic bomb?

Is that okay?

It's just a clown...jeez!
edit on 5-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Showing your weapons as an avatar then committing a crime with said weapons would make you pretty stupid. What happens when you’re in court and they bring forth a picture of you posing with the gun used in the crime? You would have shot yourself in the foot so to speak.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
Showing your weapons as an avatar then committing a crime with said weapons would make you pretty stupid. What happens when you’re in court and they bring forth a picture of you posing with the gun used in the crime? You would have shot yourself in the foot so to speak.

I also plan on bringing my Sith Sword with me. Look out.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Just what we need, more rules....You dont like it so no one else can either. I dont like Punisher skulls they scare me(obviously as a sane adult I'm being sarcastic). It can go either way ya know what I mean?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
How about a knife...can I pose with a knife? Oh wait.. how about a club? Or a pencil? Oh I have it, a screw driver! No I might use that as a weapon to! No... that's not good enough. A rolled up newspaper... nope another potential weapon!! Hell let's ban all photos of us holding any objects! I may get a bad vibe if anyone poses with anything that can be used as a weapon, so drop that damn q-tip mister.
No that won't do either, I'm already getting a bad vibe.......

edit on 5-1-2012 by greenie65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think skulls and dolphins in avatars should be banned. Come on people...rally around me here

In all seriousness, the original tone of ATS seems to propound the constitution, freedom, liberty, and intelligent discussion. I would expect you to have a more receptive audience at the next housewife bookburning PTA meeting you will surely be attending.

edit on 5-1-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You know, the other option here is if a member's avatar offends you then you could just ask them if they would be so kind as to remove it. You never know, it just might work and it would eliminate your compulsion to make "rules" and "laws" for everything that pisses us off about another person exercising their freedom.

It's called being a human being.
The last thing we need are more rules and laws.
We need more compassion and humility.
Being responsible for your own actions and feelings is a start.
Being a big enough person to directly address the people you have a problem with would totally circumvent the need for more laws and rules in the first place.

Now,
was there something you wanted to ask me?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You just said it all...
nothing else needs to be said

Thread ends now...where would it end if it continues, In the same place...what you said!!!

Wait, let's ban avatars with cute kittens...one scratched me once.....

edit on 5-1-2012 by Andronian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You know,guns itself cant kill people.
Even hundreds of guns with full ammo CAN'T kill without somebody pulling the TRIGGER.
The people are killing not the guns....so dont forget gun itself is a beautiful weapon.
Like SWORD.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Seen you post before but never saw the clown till now...good one

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

ATS should BAN anyone who projects their insecurities and mind set on to other posters and loves the idea of thought control.( we are NOT the Soviet Union 1960 here)

edit on 5-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Next we should Bann all talk of Guns and any wepons.

NO FREE SPEACH!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

What about caulk guns? I'm an avid caulker and would not like my right to display my caulk gun infringed upon in any manner!! I mean come on it 2012!

Now skulls...... they remind me of a bad skull experience that I read about somewhere at sometime. Or, perhaps I dreamed of, or made up. I can remember right now.
But that's not important! what's important is my pet peeve and the fact that I saw some skulls in someone's avatar and I now think that all skulls should be BANNED because of my experience Me Me Me!.
Since we are on the same page as far as this banning thing goes perhaps you can help me find out who this insensivtive "skull avatar" person is so we can demand our rights!

edit on 5-1-2012 by grubblesnert because: what?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
"indicating a possible violent behavior that could result in harming someone someday"

Strange. I see it as an indication that someone is willing to defend themselves rather than become a willing victim.
I do not say my interpretation is correct but merely wish to point out that more than one POV is possible.
So the whole forum should accept YOUR personal interpretation as the only correct one because....??? because.....???
Could it be simply because YOU have decided YOUR POV is fact as opposed to merely your opinion based on....? because.....???
I don't know. Could you help me out here

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig

Skulls and traditional pictures of death.
Swords.
Bows
Crossbows
Maces
Poles
Ax
Warhammers
Daggers
Bullets
People, both real and fictional
Animals
Plants
Arrows
All religious symbols
Vehicles, land, air, and sea
Food
Blank pages
Symbols of life
Words

Are eyes safe...? Oh. No. SomeOne could give anOther the Evil Eye!

Put eyes on that list, post haste!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Your avatar advocates the death of aquatic life...so yours should be changed to something peaceful.

Do you work for Obama? Only one of his minions would care about a picture of a gun on a website that promotes free thinking and free speech. We all know that the idiot Obama wants to erase the 2nd Amendment.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join