It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Namaste'' Crowd - Another Mind Control Layer?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by David291

How do you define evil? And i did not say doing something good is evil did i? In fact what is good and what is evil can be the same depending on where you are standing.
The OP (and some other posters) think the love and light crowd have evil undertones and are ruled by some evil controlling force.
Evil is a word given to something that is not understood, ignorance breeds violence.
edit on 31-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher

Originally posted by NorEaster
In the end, each of us will die. And when we do, what we'll embrace as real will be what we've created as expectation. For some, it will be a positive experience, even if completely delusional, and yet, as perception-centric beings, once the reality-anchors have been removed, what is experienced as real will be as real as real can ever be for that which will forever exist as a perception-centric observer.

If the "love and light" thing causes one to love and to be compassionate, then what's the problem? If it causes one to be competitive and ego-centric, then - again - what's the problem. Such a person would find competition and self-aggrandizement within whichever discipline he/she chose to embrace.

As far as the upsetting issue of radical personality changes, everyone that's ever shaken off the shackles of their family's and friend's imposed self-definition has upset "the folks" with their "new way of being". Whether it's college (and brand new scruffy little beards appearing on once clean-shaven boyish faces) or this "love and light" navel gazing response to "what the hell has gotten into you?", it's all part of what a person does when finally released from the smothering blanket of their hometown persona. The ones who never leave, never upset anyone with a radical transformation of behavior and/or general interests. Their changes happen slowly and in front of everyone who's ever bothered to directly mold them.

Namaste is a greeting. Just a greeting. It's Hindu, and while that might freak out a middle-class Christian mom if her boy or girl starts tossing it around, the person has always had the right to seek out their ultimate emotional/psychological expression, and the duty to ensure that it nurtures the identity that each is compelled to craft during corporeal life. Relentless and highly focused competition is the killer, and if saying Namaste somehow clicks in someone's mind as being a social weapon to be used against others, then that's not the greeting's fault. That malignancy belongs to the mind itself. Hell, Christianity is miles worse when it comes to overt and unbridled competition.

I think that all the Hindu narratives are just plain adorable, and having blue cartoon characters for gods isn't the worse foolishness I've ever encountered. I don't know. Believing one version of wrong is no worse than believing another. Both are wrong. In the end, it won't matter much to whatever it is that is being worshiped. Hell, if it doesn't exist, then what's the difference?

Oh...Nor...you make me laugh once again!....Whether you know it or not...you have a sense of humor!

Gosh...is that what that is? I need to tell my wife. She doesn't have a clue as to what's wrong with me but she does know that she hates it.

edit on 12/31/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WayfaringStranger

The "love and light" crowd doesn't seem to want to do, or they are unable to do, the dirty work of fighting evil. Avoiding or ignoring "negativity" is not the same thing as overcoming "negativity." Light and love people talk a good game, but in my experience they are some of the nicest, most skittish, fearful people I've ever met. They'd rather "ascend" into the kind of world they think they deserve, rather than see the world for what it is and get their hands dirty here on the ground.

That's because in any religion, one can be so heavenly or spiritually minded they are no earthly good,

Vanity vanity all is vanity and an exercise in futility.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Interesting. I have never heard of that cult. It is sad when greed overwhelms anothers desire for spiritual enlightenment. There are those out there that are easily led and it is unfortunate. I have often read that it is very difficult to break someone out of mental conditioning, especially when it is bound in spirituality.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
ok more thoughts.......
Christianity has a three-fold system of father son and holy spirit. zoroastrianism and binary code have only good/bad and 0/1 all im saying is that by reprogramming human nature to see only good and bad people lose 99% of what it means to be human.....now imagine only seeing everything as good......?
the nature of reality is emptiness. it is the empty glass which can be filled with whatever. we are all glasses. Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, and other religions all say this. unfortunately people have become obsessed with what fills their glass and dont see the reality of emptiness. atomes are 99% empty so EVERYTHING that can be sensed is 99% empty, yet we try to prove that the 1% is real and must be studied and controlled and understood......lol good luick humanity- you're going to need it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

No, they are the ones that recognize we are all like drops of water and "God" is the ocean.

We are all part of the grand whole.

So many stars signify so many souls that simple do not yet understand and still sleep deeply.

This is why our planet is now in such dire straights.

Ignorance.
edit on 31-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Omody

Welcome to ATS! Very nice first post...

You did a fine job of clarifying what your perceptions are, and fully agree with your thinking. See you on the boards!
--wildtimes

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
i forgot the most important thing.......

HERE IS THE PROBLEM THE TRICK THE DECEIT:

the true nature of reality is emptiness. 'things' exist as the result of karma- the absolute state of reality really is nothingness. by making things seem pretty and fun and exciting, people are falling in love with their lives/ this world and being eternally reborn into it instead of seeing any truth and knowing that the purpose of life is to be free from death, possible only by understanding the nature of the self.

God is absolute emptiness (ein sof) and Lucifer is the bringer of light. the sun supports life on earth but did not create it, yet here are people worshiping not even the 'spirit' of the sun but simply the light it produces. sheesh......

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I see, so doing something good"to fight evil" is still evil? That never made sense to me, I can't just sit idly by ignoring evil if there is something I can do to stop it, with a good deed ofc.

Fighting evil is fighting yourself. There is no good or evil aside from the black or white hats we've chosen to wear in this funhouse.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rebootrequired

The true nature of reality is emptiness. 'Things' are the product of your conditioning, all 'things' have been manufactured out of nothing and shaped by your mind. Your mind is not free, it is a construct that constructs.
The mind was put there not by God but by a system called education, programming and conditioning. Education is a very narrow path in the vastness of life which produces good slaves.
When the true nature of self is realized to be true nature of reality one knows that one can never die.

edit on 31-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The point the OP is making is that there is hypocracy in the "Namaste crowd" as much as there will be found hypocracy in all religions and cults. There is nothing wrong with love, or light, or honoring the soul of anyone. It's the choices and actions of many those who follow this way of spiritual thinking that he is bringing attention to, because many do not practice what they preach. My personal problem, again which I stated way before in this thread, is that many of these people in the New Age way of thinking are no different than those they attest to being more enlightened than. I don't care how much meditation, chakra clearing or what practices anyone does, it's what you do with the choices you are given in each day that makes one "englightened", which is a word I don't even like, how about lets just say an old soul that knows better?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
I see this thread seems to have caused a lot of undue division. The way I see it , you have people that create and you have people that destroy. The funny part is that most of us switch roles between these two types daily, some hourly. I'm a positive person over all, I tend to give more than I take and help others when I can.... Not for reward or recognition , but because It's the right thing to do. I also try to be thankful for what I have instead of taking it for granted.

It has nothing to do with a particular dogma or spiritual movement and everything to do with my own moral compass and the example I try to set for my children. I've got a high EQ (I think that's the label nowadays) and I'm very sensitive to subtle energies of others and their emotions, the only way I know how to describe this is I think I "feel" more or I'm a little more "tuned in" than your average person.

Because I'm sensitive to these energies, I'm very aware of the type of energy (positive/negative) I'm putting out and I try my best (not always successful) to put out positive energy (love and light or whatever you'd like to label it) to others.

Now, because of my personality, I'm sort of like a mirror...if you're sending out hate and discontent , I'll reflect it right back to you...and some. I'm a "Press to Test" sort of person , if you come looking for a problem, congrats...you found one. It's a part of my personality I'm working on...we're all works in progress right?

At the end of the day, I don't see how people trying to spread "love and light" is a problem. It takes all kinds of people to make this world go round, from trigger pullers to clergymen. As long as someone isn't being a direct hinderance to you and your personal path FIDO.

Live & Let Live

I don't think anyone would object to genuine kindness. It's just if you don't take a balanced approach, incorporating all of your various character facets (even the not-so-nice ones) and being honest with yourself, then the "love and light" thing becomes phony and means nothing.

Here's one of my all-time favorite speeches by Alan Watts -- everyone should listen to this at least once:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This sounds like the brave new world scenario.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest
You probably noticed it there are more and more cases of people involved in ''love and light'' philosophy, telling everyone how good they are, etc. The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand. Whenever anyone wants to challenge them or discuss something of practical merit, they shut down and/or resort to passing judgment on others they view as ''less developed'' or ''those who still have not found the light''. The principle of equality is actually a fascist view of the world with a rosy face attached to it. You cannot discuss certain issues, because they are ''too negative'', everyone is ''equal'', we do not eat meat, etc.. not only does it seem dystopian, it also presents itself as another example of ''group-think'', the mindset which seriously limits one's horizons, leading to creation of rather dull people devoid of any passion. The only difference is, they will throw a rose at you rather than beat you. The mindset is still the same.

Here's the issue with your post my friend, and I do mean no disrespect:

No one in the group your mentioning is going to meetings where everyone is saying you must convert the masses.

No one in this group is telling individuals if you don't follow this path your going to pay for it in the afterlife.

Most of us have found this path on through our own spirtitual journey, each individual has had their own expieriences that have led them to the belief...

Its not like there's one magical book out there that's suddenly causing us to have some massive spiritual experience and here we all are, but there are certainly teachings out there that can have such a profound experience on an individual.

Most of us on this path consider ourselves honored when we encounter another individual of the same belief because it is such a rare occurence, and each one's story of how they found their way are so unique. Its not like we're walking around on the streets or knocking on doors asking people if they've "found love" like some faiths.

There is no group mind mentality, because there is no group...those of us on this path are all have different experiences that got us here and come from every walk of life.

You spoke of individuals from this belief passing judgement on others, but please keep in mind its a constant learning experience for all of us on this path. If someone claims to know all the answers then they themselves still need to take a long hard look in the mirror...none of us know even a very small fraction of everything.

The individuals you've experienced that refuse to discuss certain issues I sincerly believe you've just ran into a handfull of individuals that are still figuring out their own spirituality. I can only speak for myself, but I would gladly discuss any issue brought to the table, and have spoken to many others on here that I am sure would gladly do the same.

As far as the negativity, there's no excuse for it from anyone of any faith. You cannot claim to be spiritual while being negative at the same time...it only goes one way or the other. As many of us who frequent this site know, any discussion of anyones beliefs its a touchy subject...its very difficult anymore to have a discussion on one belief without someone from another taking offense to it, this however does not excuse anyone for being negative or closeminded. That goes for my belief and anyone else's.

However, love should never offened anyone though. If it does then its the individuals own personal issues. In the world we live in a simple thank you or gesture of appreciation goes a long way for many. Its an experience that a lot of us hardly get to share anymore. If we stop appreciating others then what do we have left afterwards? Nothing but a whole bunch of people hating their own existence.

Love is what keeps families together, and keep friendships alive. Love is the reason a person will gladly work two jobs 80hrs a week to put food on the table. Love for eachother is also the only reason we have not blown ourselves up with the countless weapons we've built!

Love is a neccessity for our very existance, and without it we would be nowhere. Its the one thing we need more of than oil, gold, big homes, and lavished lifestyles combined. You can never have enough, and we desperately need more of it in the world today!

With that said, I sincerly hope one day we can all experience this together!

Until then, we won't stop loving all of you!

-peace-

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
Okay, before I go off on some well thought out lengthy response which will once again be ignored as the OP and his supporters seem to be unable to move beyond their petty stereotyping and deeming wide-sweeping observations and actually enter into a real discussion with one of those whom they are so quick to put down, can someone please actually define what on Earth is the 'Namaste Crowd'? What is a 'Love and Lighter'?

Cos before I joined this thread these were two terms I'd never heard before and they seem to be some denigrating umbrella term which all those who have a positive spiritualist slant to their way of thinking. So far I've seen it been applied to Buddhists, yoga practitioners, Wiccans, and everyone else here who don't agree with the original post.

To put this discussion of definition to rest once and for all (or maybe not), I present to you in good old Jeff Foxworthy style:

How you know if you're a "Love and Lighter"

You may be a "love and lighter" if...

... you are late to any and every appointment and your excuse is that "I'm living in the Here and Now."
... seeing someone who's in a bad mood makes you feel really, REALLY uncomfortable.
... you call everyone "brother" or "sister," even if you met them 30 seconds ago.
... your feet barely touch the ground when you're walking around.
... you have a perpetual, angelic smile plastered on your face.
... most of the news you listen to comes from channelers, mediums, psychic readers or angel communicators.
... you read magazines titled something like "Journal of Emergence."
... you greet everyone with "Namaste" and sign your emails with "Love & Light."
... your business card says "Ascended Master."
... your first (or last) name is Morning Star, Little Star, Star Child, Rainbow, Lotus, or any other celestial body/phenomenon or flower.
... your new first name is Antara, Beshiwar, Samsara, or Morgana, and was given to you by a spiritually advanced Pleiadian whom you're in continual contact with.
... you refuse to deal with everyday chores and challenges because you're doing "God's work" and can't be bothered with worldly matters.
... your last major disappointment was when your sand mandala got all messed up.
... your last major success was to create the perfect sand mandala.
... your Saturday night entertainment consists of an "authentic" Native American drumming circle, an archangel communication group and a Tara trance dance.
... you found that your spiritual practices and raised vibration sensitized your body so much that you're now allergic to almost everything.
... the word "darkness" makes you shudder.

Feel free to add to this list!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Lol, I love it...star for you!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis
Here's the issue with your post my friend, and I do mean no disrespect:

No one in the group your mentioning is going to meetings where everyone is saying you must convert the masses.
How does that mitigate their hypocrisy?

No one in this group is telling individuals if you don't follow this path your going to pay for it in the afterlife.
Having been on the receiving end of their disdain, it's clear to me that the only thing keeping them from saying so is their conformity to their dogma. Yes, I do mean dogma.

Most of us have found this path on through our own spirtitual journey, each individual has had their own expieriences that have led them to the belief...
When belief systems become settled, that's when they become toxic. I think many here would agree that there are plenty of love-n-lighters who, once they found a spiritual clique they fit into, quit looking for the truth as a thirsty man looks for water. It is this complacency that makes it so easy to turn into a hypocrite, even if once you were a sincere seeker. I have spent years in that state during different phases of my life, and what I observe is that most people do the same. However, just because I indulged in a vice for many years does not mean that I have no wisdom to offer those who are currently indulging in said vice.

[...]
Most of us on this path consider ourselves honored when we encounter another individual of the same belief because it is such a rare occurence, and each one's story of how they found their way are so unique. Its not like we're walking around on the streets or knocking on doors asking people if they've "found love" like some faiths.
Again, how does the lack of one bad habit mitigate hypocrisy?

There is no group mind mentality, because there is no group...those of us on this path are all have different experiences that got us here and come from every walk of life.
Maybe for you there is no group. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But, for many "love n lighters", their identity is wrapped up in that image. I am acquainted with one fellow who pretended kindness to a woman friend of mine in 2011 around the time of the Rainbow gathering, managed to get himself allowed to share her tent (not in a romantic way, either), and then proceeded to try to bully/coerce her into having sex with him. But to talk to him on the street, he's all love and light and holding his f***ing hands together in a prayer stance when he talks to you. Just one example.

The individuals you've experienced that refuse to discuss certain issues I sincerly believe you've just ran into a handfull of individuals that are still figuring out their own spirituality. I can only speak for myself, but I would gladly discuss any issue brought to the table, and have spoken to many others on here that I am sure would gladly do the same.
You are in the minority in that, says my experience.

As far as the negativity, there's no excuse for it from anyone of any faith. You cannot claim to be spiritual while being negative at the same time...it only goes one way or the other.
Only in the world of opposites. What the Great White Brotherhood need is to integrate their own "negative" aspects and recognize that ALL is constructive in this intelligently-evolving universe. Conditional love comes from labeling some things as good and others as bad. This in itself is segregative, not unifying. This is the self-deception of the love and light crowd.

As many of us who frequent this site know, any discussion of anyones beliefs its a touchy subject.
It isn't if you aren't clinging to your beliefs, if you haven't deluded yourself into thinking you KNOW how the world works. Most haven't figured that out yet, and the Buddha left what, 3000 years ago?

..its very difficult anymore to have a discussion on one belief without someone from another taking offense to it, this however does not excuse anyone for being negative or closeminded. That goes for my belief and anyone else's.
So you admit attachment to a stagnant belief system?

However, love should never offened anyone though.
Conditional love is an odious sham. I'm beyond being offended by it, but I'll call it out when I see a sanctimonious prick strutting around with his prayer beads. Besides, it's so much fun to watch their puzzled looks when they start to get what you're saying and then jump as if a snake just bit them.

If we stop appreciating others then what do we have left afterwards? Nothing but a whole bunch of people hating their own existence.

Love is what keeps families together, [...]

Love is a neccessity for our very existance,[...]

I agree with the word, but not the implied concept.

You can't have a Batman without a Joker. You can't have a Mystic without a Skeksi. Unless you're integrating, you're DISintegrating.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
To put this discussion of definition to rest once and for all (or maybe not), I present to you in good old Jeff Foxworthy style:

How you know if you're a "Love and Lighter"

You may be a "love and lighter" if...

... you are late to any and every appointment and your excuse is that "I'm living in the Here and Now."
... seeing someone who's in a bad mood makes you feel really, REALLY uncomfortable.
... you call everyone "brother" or "sister," even if you met them 30 seconds ago.
... your feet barely touch the ground when you're walking around.
... you have a perpetual, angelic smile plastered on your face.
... most of the news you listen to comes from channelers, mediums, psychic readers or angel communicators.
... you read magazines titled something like "Journal of Emergence."
... you greet everyone with "Namaste" and sign your emails with "Love & Light."
... your business card says "Ascended Master."
... your first (or last) name is Morning Star, Little Star, Star Child, Rainbow, Lotus, or any other celestial body/phenomenon or flower.
... your new first name is Antara, Beshiwar, Samsara, or Morgana, and was given to you by a spiritually advanced Pleiadian whom you're in continual contact with.
... you refuse to deal with everyday chores and challenges because you're doing "God's work" and can't be bothered with worldly matters.
... your last major disappointment was when your sand mandala got all messed up.
... your last major success was to create the perfect sand mandala.
... your Saturday night entertainment consists of an "authentic" Native American drumming circle, an archangel communication group and a Tara trance dance.
... you found that your spiritual practices and raised vibration sensitized your body so much that you're now allergic to almost everything.
... the word "darkness" makes you shudder.

Feel free to add to this list!

Naw, man... you have nailed it! And making it into a joke makes it even funnier! I was already laughing at them, but now when I see one of these saffron-robed douches on the streets of Portland I'm going to ask myself, "I wonder if he reads the Journal of Emergence?"

Effin' classic, mate!

Starred for great justice!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Perhaps you need to understand what the word "Namaste" means. It is Hindu for "The god which dwells in me recognizes the god which dwells in you." It is not just a simple term of endearment. It literally means I recognize YOUR Godhood. Which is to say, we are all God. Therefore we do no injury or harm to any and all which are sacred and holy. It is unconditional love. But such love can only be understood by those who understand their own Godhood. As a wise man said: "Is it not written? Ye are ALL gods?" It may seem like you are being over run by "religious zombies" who "throw roses instead of beating you" but really these people are trying to awaken you. You don't have to wake up. No one will harm you or beat you into submission like a Christian or Muslim might. And yes, some people are "above" you, some "get it." And that offends the natures of those who don't get it. But the clue here is that no one is stopping you from "getting it." You can be equal in consciousness to any guru or light worker or spiritual guide (angel). You ARE in fact already equal to them. But if you have to argue or fret about it, you are not conscious of it. Which seems to be what is bothering you. However it is YOU putting others in the category of "zombie" or being "mind controlled" or being some sort of vague threat to your creative, though curmudgeonly way of life. When in fact those people who say Namaste are a lot less of a threat than those who say: "Follow me to the apocalypse!" or "Buy this Toyota!" or "Sign this pledge against Blacks moving into your neighborhood." Just because a group is "proactively" seeking your support, doesn't mean they are creative or smart. Usually they are just blood-suckers. Those who have no sense of their own godhood, are destined to follow others and feed upon the leavings of the leaders. (By which I mean the old trickle down theory).Those who have a sense of their own godhood are divinely inspired. They are the true creators. And I don't mean someone who "thinks" or "believes" they are like the Judaic/Christian/Muslim GOD, (a jealous, angry and bitchy being if ever their was one!) Nor do I speak of those who believe themselves to be a god because they have power over others, like doctors, politicians and lawyers. I am talking about a state of knowledge that one has to be awakened to. When you awaken, all will be more than clear. Namaste my friend.

edit on 31-12-2011 by whisperindave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I don't believe people are good. All throughout the New Testament Jesus is always trying to slip away and get away from people before they have a chance to hurt him because, as the Book says, he 'knew men.' These people with this New Age crap have always seemed to me to be trying to avoid Christianity because it offends their egos. Love and 'light'? Doesn't Lucifer mean light? And wasn't Lucifer (the snake) the bearer of knowledge? He gave Adam and Even just enough 'knowledge' to think they knew better than God. And it's all been downhill ever since.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join