The ''Namaste'' Crowd - Another Mind Control Layer?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

I agree. Unfortunately violence, evil, and pain will always exist. It is all part of our human experience. They are interchangeable at times. To deny that evil exists alongside good and that "light" requires "dark" to exist as "light" is denying the fundamentals of nature.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WayfaringStranger
The "love and light" crowd doesn't seem to want to do, or they are unable to do, the dirty work of fighting evil. Avoiding or ignoring "negativity" is not the same thing as overcoming "negativity." Light and love people talk a good game, but in my experience they are some of the nicest, most skittish, fearful people I've ever met. They'd rather "ascend" into the kind of world they think they deserve, rather than see the world for what it is and get their hands dirty here on the ground.

"Light and love" (New Age) philosophy was brought to you by the same billionaires who financed the so-called "green" movement, among other things. New Age light-and-love philosophy is as "spiritual" and "spontaneous" as the "color" revolutions, the Arab Spring, and the Occupy movements.

If you've got the urge to "follow" something, try following the money.

You have it wrong. The love and light crowd is not ignoring or avoiding negativity. It is actually experiencing those negativity and then transmuting them. Do not be so fast with your judgment if you do not understand the principles. It will only highlight your ignorance of the topic.
edit on 31-12-2011 by wavemaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Those two scenarios aren't even remotely related! Nice try but no cigar

IRM

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
I am an adopted child of God through my volition and will and through an act of God.
So, you think God trusts you with potent free will?

I am not automatically part of Godness.
Infinity is integral, else there be multiplicity, in which there is no infinite. How is it possible for anything not to be of the essence of the Infinite?

The difference is subtle but clear.
Sure, but I don't see how, when nothing is borrowed, you see a debt, and when nothing is loaned, a bill must be paid.

It implies action, process, progress and determination, even struggle and pain, by all relevant parties.
If you insist.

It implies personal responsibility.
You just denied personal responsibility by implying that it's possible to fail.
edit on 1-1-2012 by seamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
[...] Personally, I don't really trust any spititual source that is less than 500 years old, give or take. Time is a great filter, it separates the garbage from that which is valued enough to find a place in the library of human wisdom.

But you see, that's where the "wisdom" is that got humanity into the present painful state. Do you not see that looking backward does not get us further than we are?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Oh please, Namaste is just a greeting that has caught onto some people that like to use it. Comparing it to "American patriot" is ridiculous

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the OP

Sorry.

EDIT: I you would look into it, there would be some substance to the thing.. but nobody can force you.
edit on 1/1/2012 by Tryptych because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomSeeker

Namaste - "I Bow down before the Divine in YOU". This philosophy is a recognition of our true selves. If / when you come to an understanding that we are ALL ONE, that is to say, I am you and you are me. Therefore, anything I do to you, I also bring upon myself. At the most basic level, people interpret this as guilt. It is really the source of Duality, being cut off from our Divine "I AM" Presence.

ONLY by embracing love in all things and rejecting hate will a person escape continued reincarnation and ascend into the spiritual realms where the Ascended hosts dwell and guide our development. This way of thinking and believing is NOT a cult, but our TRUE spirituality. Until one listens, they will not hear.

Namaste

Adolf Hitler was human and therefore had the divine in him. Would you bow down to the divine in him?

Truth is we are the works of the divine, but we can be pretty gross. We are not the sum total of the divine, which is what some infer by taking the analogy too far.

You are attributing to yourself, things that are plainly not within your grasp.

If you are part of the divine, you could levitate a glass of water or feed all the starving masses and cure all disease.

You can't, I can't, that tells me by empirical evidence and logic that we are NOT part of God.

We are other. The "new age philosophy" is a bald faced lie.

The 'Divine' Adolf Hitler would not have gassed 6 million Jews. It is because we are so far removed from our divine selves that we commit the atrocities that we do.

I am was once a practicing pagan and I have seen many amazing things happen which cannot be explained through current scientific thought, so I do not have any doubt that one could indeed levitate a glass of water, feed starving masses or cure disease if we were completely in touch with our divine selves. But unfortunately Jesus, Buddha and Hermes Trismegistus probably do not post on ATS so there is little evidence I can give to you for that.

But there are a lot of definitions of 'God', and mine is everything that exists both seen and unseen within this universe. You, me and everyone else are part of that. I also believe that we are all one, and that ultimately that there is one soul. While I will admit there is very little scientific evidence to support this, I would be quite interested in what empirical evidence and logic tells you that the 'new age philosophy' is a bald faced lie.

In fact I would be interested in which new age philosophy you're referring to, since this, like the OP's definition of 'love and lighters', is quite a broad term under which many belief systems come under.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

But unfortunately Jesus, Buddha and Hermes Trismegistus probably do not post on ATS

I would't be so sure about that

Maybe there's a little something of them in us.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

Originally posted by WisdomSeeker

Namaste - "I Bow down before the Divine in YOU". This philosophy is a recognition of our true selves. If / when you come to an understanding that we are ALL ONE, that is to say, I am you and you are me. Therefore, anything I do to you, I also bring upon myself. At the most basic level, people interpret this as guilt. It is really the source of Duality, being cut off from our Divine "I AM" Presence.

ONLY by embracing love in all things and rejecting hate will a person escape continued reincarnation and ascend into the spiritual realms where the Ascended hosts dwell and guide our development. This way of thinking and believing is NOT a cult, but our TRUE spirituality. Until one listens, they will not hear.

Namaste

Adolf Hitler was human and therefore had the divine in him. Would you bow down to the divine in him?

Truth is we are the works of the divine, but we can be pretty gross. We are not the sum total of the divine, which is what some infer by taking the analogy too far.

You are attributing to yourself, things that are plainly not within your grasp.

If you are part of the divine, you could levitate a glass of water or feed all the starving masses and cure all disease.

You can't, I can't, that tells me by empirical evidence and logic that we are NOT part of God.

We are other. The "new age philosophy" is a bald faced lie.

The 'Divine' Adolf Hitler would not have gassed 6 million Jews. It is because we are so far removed from our divine selves that we commit the atrocities that we do.

I am was once a practicing pagan and I have seen many amazing things happen which cannot be explained through current scientific thought, so I do not have any doubt that one could indeed levitate a glass of water, feed starving masses or cure disease if we were completely in touch with our divine selves. But unfortunately Jesus, Buddha and Hermes Trismegistus probably do not post on ATS so there is little evidence I can give to you for that.

But there are a lot of definitions of 'God', and mine is everything that exists both seen and unseen within this universe. You, me and everyone else are part of that. I also believe that we are all one, and that ultimately that there is one soul. While I will admit there is very little scientific evidence to support this, I would be quite interested in what empirical evidence and logic tells you that the 'new age philosophy' is a bald faced lie.

In fact I would be interested in which new age philosophy you're referring to, since this, like the OP's definition of 'love and lighters', is quite a broad term under which many belief systems come under.

Good thoughts 1littlewolf....in fact my thoughts exactly in reference to God.

The L&L crowd...which I agree with for the most part, but do not follow any teacher or guru, like any movement can get a bad name because of the blind followers. There is a whole lot of Love, but not much Light (wisdom)...

It's great people want to spread all of this love, but without a focus or direction..it is wasted. I'm sure you've read some of Alice Bailey's writings. I do see it becoming the world religion as it does cross borders and boundaries and is currently the Philosophy of the United Nations.

OP...for what it matters....you touched a nerve with this thread...I give you points for pushing this to the forefront in everyone's physche

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

There you go. You summed it up perfectly. It is the same with more generic cases, such as Satanic ritual abuse.

Sounds like another mind-control scheme to keep the sheep complacent and docile.

Spirituality ought to be about action, and not about contemplating your navel to death. The sad part is, people who engage in REAL action, are labeled all sorts of names which are not so love-and-light-ish anymore by the very group which is advocating change!

What did love and light chance? Give me one example of REAL change by the ''Namaste'' mentality. Ghandi, I am sure someone is going to mention him. Wasn't he about action, when you look at his life? See the problem here? Wasn't this a PERFECT way to keep us in line by TPTB.

No,no I don't think "love and lighters" are part of any organized deliberate "mind-control scheme". Actually, I strongly disagree with such opinion.
The thing is, that we live in inbound duality, duality is the nature of this world. Everything consists of pairs of opposite.
"Namaste crowd" obviously knows about transcending duality, but the concept of transcending duality is much more complex than "inner feelings of love or whatever".
The idea is becoming widely popular, because people feel instinctively that the philosophy is true.
The problem arises when own psychological and emotional garbage corrupts the complexity of the idea.
In my opinion, there is a relative and an absolute aspect of "love and light".
With dealing with all kinds of evil on this planet, "love and light" concept can be helpful in understanding the broader meaning of human existence as some sort of school leading each soul to the full understanding of the universe. From that absolute point of view, you got what you need, painful or pleasurable, makes no difference. The absolute understanding is very difficult to get (if not impossible) from the relative position where one actually does feel pain (or pleasure).
When the soul finds itself in a relative position (in mortal human body)- it cannot avoid duality, no matter how much "love and light" is applied to the situation.

edit on 1-1-2012 by Douriff because: quote

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The people that are being made fun of in this thread represent an unbalanced aspect of that "love and light." There is a big difference between choosing to avoid denser vibrations and pretending they don't exist. Since I have been on my path I have chosen not to watch horror or graphically violent movies or listen to heavy metal and other dense, relatively negative types of music precisely because of the effects that it has on my vibrational level. I don't pretend they don't exist-I just choose not to participate.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Once the 'lighter' life is felt there is a preference for light, one moves away from the darkness, the density. I don't like violence anymore either. Violence makes the dead feel alive.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Mind control (Brainwashing) is a severe form of social influence that cause changes in someone's way of thinking without that person's consent and "often against his or her will". An invasive form of influence, it requires the complete isolation and dependency of the subject, which is why you mostly hear of brainwashing occurring in prison camps or totalist cults.
The brainwasher (agent) must have complete control over the subject (target) so that sleeping, eating, using the bathroom and the fulfillment of other basic human needs depend on the will of the agent. In the brainwashing process, the agent systematically breaks down the subject's identity to the point that it doesn't work anymore. The agent then replaces it with another set of behaviors, attitudes and beliefs that work in the target's current environment.
Is it any wonder why people get a little testy when they hear the words "Brainwashing" and "Mind Control" when associated with their beliefs? I can totally see why some just come out swinging. There is an obvious LACK of respect for others man. (Can't help it, I'm a '60's baby.)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Once the 'lighter' life is felt there is a preference for light, one moves away from the darkness, the density. I don't like violence anymore either. Violence makes the dead feel alive.

This may come across as sounding somewhat cliche and a bit *bravado-y*...apologies, thats not my intention, just speaking my own *truth*:

I do agree with you.

Having spent a good deal of my life prior to now walking the wide and crooked I now prefer the straight and narrow.
Spent more than enough time living in darkness, spreading darkness and living a dark life...now I also prefer to live light...I don't always succeed in that by any means, I still succumb through weakness or ego or anger (which really is just ones ego speaking anyway) and revert back to old darker ways...though thankfully those moments are rare, getting rarer, and not in any way to the levels I once was.

That old saying "When you know better you do better" certainly holds a good deal of truth within it.

My life now is blessed.
Perhaps my previous *life* was too in some ways...as it also taught me many skills, many lessons, much hard-won resilience that I've been privileged to share with those who had or still are walking those same paths (I work in Mental Health, social services, drug/alcohol rehab, youth services etc...have done for some 16 years now).

One thing I wish to say in reference to your reply is that I do agree with your sentence:

"I don't like violence anymore either."

That said...and just for me personally, which is something I do work on each and every day...is that I don't know if I like violence or darkness...I certainly don't like the fallout that comes from it, I don't like the disbalance it causes within me spiritually and physically, I don't like what it *leaves* behind...the foul taste of it when the darkness passes...

...I still do however know the draw of it...still feel the power of it...the dare I say 'being lost in the lust of it'...

Dark ways are not always repugnant at the time...they can be quite the opposite as well...the rage, the violence, the acts and actions that can come from that can be extremely alluring at times...the sense of unleashed strength, power, untouchability and undefeatability of it all when you're knee-deep in it can be rather intoxicating...its one of the most intense feelings there is - so I can also appreciate just how some could choose to remain there and question any need for change...

Oh - its been years and years since the last time I just unleashed on someone (won't get into the specifics, but it was in self-defence and defence of my loved ones...not that that really makes a huge difference) but I still *feel* that moment even now...just like it was yesterday...or just like it was mere seconds ago...

I know that now on a more focussed conscious level that while I don't regret those actions even though I am sorry for them...I still remember just how much I *loved* them...how much I was so willingly *lost* in them...there were no reservations during them...

"Know thyself"

...that also means knowing - and if needs be taming - those darker dogs that we all have within us...just the size of the teeth and claws changes...
I certainly keep mine on tight leashes and strong chains...half because I don't wish the fallout if I let them slip off, half because I'm scared of the whole wantonness of when they're running free...

One could rightly ask why I don't just 'put those dogs down' if they are such a problem.
My answer is probably just indicative of how much more I need to learn, but: I do see them as part of me, as part of my overall *balance*. I know they're there...I also know that the strength of them, if directed and channelled appropriately can bring much good as well.
I just hope they don't bite their owner or the neighbourhood kids or anything while I'm retraining them.

...sorry for the novel...just really appreciated your reply and wished to respond...

Cheers.
edit on 1-1-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustEve
If you want to give UNCONDITIONAL LOVE and advance spiritually then quit regurgitating fashionable ideas and words and start ACTING. Give shelter to the homeless, love to the lonely and abandoned, protection to the abused. Saying a word and acting like the rest of the bunch does not make you spiritually enlightened, it makes you a mere fool. How many people's lives have you TRULY changed? How many people's tears have you wiped off? Want to evolve as human beings? Give Give GIVE. Own an extra pair of shoes? Give it to the person who's barefoot. A word means nothing without the actions to back it up. Besides, the ACTION speaks for ITSELF. People abandon everything just to be able to offer their services to their brothers and sisters out of PURE love and they don't NEED any words to validate them and their choices.They are humble and aware of the fact that to give to another is to give to yourself. And please understand this before you label it ''egotistical''. Do yourselves a favor.
It is one thing to know what to do and another to actually DO IT. Forgive me if I sounded rude or anything, it's just that I'm so sick of those pretentious folks trying to present themselves as ''better'' than the rest but DO absolutely nothing of great significance for their fellow earthlings. Also please forgive my poor english as I am not a native speaker.

Thank you for your patience. May you all improve your lives as well as the lives of those less fortunate than you.

I love you and your beautiful heart.

You are so right. Words are just so much air. Our actions reflect our truth.

I pray that God will give you (and your message) abundance, joy and peace!

Thank you for your kind words Chr0naut .
People like you are the reason I will never lose my faith in us, human beings.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
A Few (semi)True ATS Adventures with the Enlightened and Loving People of the Light (humor)

"How exactly is the soul evolving?"

"Read a book, google. The info is out there."

"I'm asking you though. Your OP stated the soul was evolving. What is it evolving into and what is it evolving from? I'm just trying to understand."

"Why are you even in this thread if you don't believe? You are a lower energy. Why would you attack love??"

"Uh, I'm asking a serious question."

-no answer-

-next thread-

"Isn't it possible this is coincidence?"

"There are no coincidences, friend."

"So the fact many people may have a headache right now has some deeper meaning?"

"Why are you even in this thread?! Why are you so against love? I swear to God (rant)"

-next thread-

"Would you have any way of proving you have these powers/or this happened to you?"

"I don't have to proof anything to anyone."

"But you came here with some pretty big claims in your OP."

"I don't care whether anyone believes me or not. And let me tell you... (tl;dr).... SO, if you think I care what you think, you're sadly mistaken!"

"OK"

..etc
edit on 1-1-2012 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
A Few (semi)True ATS Adventures with the Enlightened and Loving People of the Light (humor)

"How exactly is the soul evolving?"

"Read a book, google. The info is out there."

"I'm asking you though. Your OP stated the soul was evolving. What is it evolving into and what is it evolving from? I'm just trying to understand."

"Why are you even in this thread if you don't believe? You are a lower energy. Why would you attack love??"

"Uh, I'm asking a serious question."

-no answer-

-next thread-

"Isn't it possible this is coincidence?"

"There are no coincidences, friend."

"So the fact many people may have a headache right now has some deeper meaning?"

"Why are you even in this thread?! Why are you so against love? I swear to God (rant)"

-next thread-

"Would you have any way of proving you have these powers/or this happened to you?"

"I don't have to proof anything to anyone."

"But you came here with some pretty big claims in your OP."

"I don't care whether anyone believes me or not. And let me tell you... (tl;dr).... SO, if you think I care what you think, you're sadly mistaken!"

"OK"

..etc
edit on 1-1-2012 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

Namaste, friend

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Well said.

I am one of the luckier people on this planet who has experienced first hand another dimension, with a witness.
Very easy for me to accept the love and light angle to life as opposed to our current fear of everything mentality.
There is another dimension that most of us are not privy to,but like radio waves that are unseeable so too is the spirit world, and the dark side of that world is DARK!
Keep your mind open. All is not as it seems.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickestNamaste, friend

You are such a cynic it's not even funny.

And you have absolutely nothing to give. Instead of creating something useful you just choose to create BS threads like this.

I don't understand what are you even doing on this board.

new topics
top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join