It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Namaste'' Crowd - Another Mind Control Layer?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
A little Mercury to the Fire and Water,

In some respects, I have to agree with the poster.

I should like to add, I think that those who do fixate on one aspect of 'Reality', are neglecting the greater whole. Extreamisn leads to extreamism and deviates from the 'Center'. The initiate needs to adress all aspects of 'Reality' inner-outer, and, not all these aspects are always nice and full of love. Though, we can say, all is varying degrees of light, even darkness. It can be dangerous philosophy to teach only love, rainbows and unicorns, because, it is setting the initiate up for a fall (harsh reality check) and failing to provide them meaningful tools in the Work.
I have to agree as well that there has been a great deal of unclear teaching on 'Oneness'. The initiate needs to understand that 'Oneness' is not the lack of diversity. It is this diversity which is part of what is wholeness, stability, fertility and so on. In the 'Oneness' there is a balance of the 'individual' and 'collective'...neither must be sacrificed for the other and yet they are, harmonious.

And on a side note to our devotees of the unicorns, rainbows, and etc., let us not also forget Almightay Spork.

Hail Spork!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The title of your thread shows to me how much you really know, putting together everyone who says namaste into a single crowd. I occasionally use the word namaste, because it means that I respect you as an individual. I don't run with any crowds though, and make all my choices independently. Your first fallacy based on ignorance gives very little credibility to the rest of your argument.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

... but completely impractical and useless in the greater scheme of things. Unless the person who hates you decides to love you back, your love will make no positive change to the world. It may just get you killed. I wish the world wasn't this way but it is.

IRM

Yes, exactly! Now please tell me the story about how Ghandi murdered Britons by the million to gain Indian independence!

The bony emaciated Bastard!

I knew he must be up to something!

So would you actually like to make a statement about this? This is a real world example of how nonviolence and love solved a world problem....just as people like you claim that it cannot. Or shall we just tell a joke, gloss that over and move on and pretend we are always right?

Prune juice!

That might help your constipation.

No thanks needed, just glad to help-out a fellow human being.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If you want to give UNCONDITIONAL LOVE and advance spiritually then quit regurgitating fashionable ideas and words and start ACTING. Give shelter to the homeless, love to the lonely and abandoned, protection to the abused. Saying a word and acting like the rest of the bunch does not make you spiritually enlightened, it makes you a mere fool. How many people's lives have you TRULY changed? How many people's tears have you wiped off? Want to evolve as human beings? Give Give GIVE. Own an extra pair of shoes? Give it to the person who's barefoot. A word means nothing without the actions to back it up. Besides, the ACTION speaks for ITSELF. People abandon everything just to be able to offer their services to their brothers and sisters out of PURE love and they don't NEED any words to validate them and their choices.They are humble and aware of the fact that to give to another is to give to yourself. And please understand this before you label it ''egotistical''. Do yourselves a favor.
It is one thing to know what to do and another to actually DO IT. Forgive me if I sounded rude or anything, it's just that I'm so sick of those pretentious folks trying to present themselves as ''better'' than the rest but DO absolutely nothing of great significance for their fellow earthlings. Also please forgive my poor english as I am not a native speaker.

Thank you for your patience. May you all improve your lives as well as the lives of those less fortunate than you.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomSeeker

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

reply to post by chr0naut

reply to post by acmpnsfal

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest
You probably noticed it there are more and more cases of people involved in ''love and light'' philosophy, telling everyone how good they are, etc. The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand. Whenever anyone wants to challenge them or discuss something of practical merit, they shut down and/or resort to passing judgment on others they view as ''less developed'' or ''those who still have not found the light''. The principle of equality is actually a fascist view of the world with a rosy face attached to it. You cannot discuss certain issues, because they are ''too negative'', everyone is ''equal'', we do not eat meat, etc.. not only does it seem dystopian, it also presents itself as another example of ''group-think'', the mindset which seriously limits one's horizons, leading to creation of rather dull people devoid of any passion. The only difference is, they will throw a rose at you rather than beat you. The mindset is still the same.

I am part of what you term the 'love and light crowd' and I consider myself neither naive nor manipulated. I would consider it a mindset which would only serve to broaden one's horizons and their are few other love and lighter I have ever met whom I would ever consider dull. I will gladly discuss any topic which you want to no matter how negative. So why don't you try me......

I think your posts shows total ignorance toward an emerging spirituality which I consider the epitome of all spiritualist thinking that has come before. As the of worlds of science and spirituality slowly move closer through the the study of subtler energies and the role the mind plays in effecting these energies, I have no doubt the 'love and light' crowd will only gain greater prominence within the world.

I do admit that the cause has been championed by some characters which may appear questionable, but perhaps you should look a little deeper into their message before completely disregarding it. I would so say that the world would be a much better place to live in if people like yourselves gave their message the time of day.
edit on 30/12/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

I agree with what was just said above.
Namaste - "I Bow down before the Divine in YOU". This philosophy is a recognition of our true selves. If / when you come to an understanding that we are ALL ONE, that is to say, I am you and you are me. Therefore, anything I do to you, I also bring upon myself. At the most basic level, people interpret this as guilt. It is really the source of Duality, being cut off from our Divine "I AM" Presence.

ONLY by embracing love in all things and rejecting hate will a person escape continued reincarnation and ascend into the spiritual realms where the Ascended hosts dwell and guide our development. This way of thinking and believing is NOT a cult, but our TRUE spirituality. Until one listens, they will not hear.

Namaste

Adolf Hitler was human and therefore had the divine in him. Would you bow down to the divine in him?

Truth is we are the works of the divine, but we can be pretty gross. We are not the sum total of the divine, which is what some infer by taking the analogy too far.

You are attributing to yourself, things that are plainly not within your grasp.

If you are part of the divine, you could levitate a glass of water or feed all the starving masses and cure all disease.

You can't, I can't, that tells me by empirical evidence and logic that we are NOT part of God.

We are other. The "new age philosophy" is a bald faced lie.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I see, so doing something good"to fight evil" is still evil? That never made sense to me, I can't just sit idly by ignoring evil if there is something I can do to stop it, with a good deed ofc.

A star for you

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

I don't think anyone would object to genuine kindness. It's just if you don't take a balanced approach, incorporating all of your various character facets (even the not-so-nice ones) and being honest with yourself, then the "love and light" thing becomes phony and means nothing.

Here's one of my all-time favorite speeches by Alan Watts -- everyone should listen to this at least once:

Yes, I see now.

What an arrogant (snip) Alan Watts is. Attributing such insight to himself when it is centuries old and from the very ones he denigrates.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Haha. You really believe that "being part of the Divine" is synonymous with "being God-like"? Just because we are part of God does not mean we can, in our current state of mind, perform such "miracles" as read about in holy scriptures.

Is the son of a woman not part of that woman? Can he perform the same miracles as his mother can? Perhaps, not as a child, but once he finally steps away from his old self, he certainly could.

We are still victims of doubt, and with that doubt you will not be able to accomplish much.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Haha. You really believe that "being part of the Divine" is synonymous with "being God-like"? Just because we are part of God does not mean we can, in our current state of mind, perform such "miracles" as read about in holy scriptures.

Is the son of a woman not part of that woman? Can he perform the same miracles as his mother can? Perhaps, not as a child, but once he finally steps away from his old self, he certainly could.

We are still victims of doubt, and with that doubt you will not be able to accomplish much.

I am an adopted child of God through my volition and will and through an act of God.

I am not automatically part of Godness.

The difference is subtle but clear.

It implies action, process, progress and determination, even struggle and pain, by all relevant parties.

It implies personal responsibility.

edit on 31/12/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

And so where did you originally come from then, Mr. Adopted?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JustEve

*Applauded* that...extremely well said...

Also please forgive my poor english as I am not a native speaker

Neither am I...but you said it just fine...

Thats the thing, meaning tends not to be contained and constrained within words...but within the heart from which they arise...be it in English, Japanese, Aramaic, Maori, binary or whatever...expression of intention is probably the only real language there is...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

And so where did you originally come from then, Mr. Adopted?

A few dollars worth of chemicals as raw materials, fearfully and wonderfully made, pre-programmed and yet algorithmically allowed to incorporate experience and contemplation. Triune, (like God reveals of Himself); being a body (physical), soul (program and data set) and spirit (metaphysical). I grew and learned and observed.

I now understand something of bio-machinery, of the physical universe, of the motivations and actions of my species, the philosophies and beliefs of mankind and the mystery of why I exist.

That is/was my starting point.

In what I have learned, I have seen my own personal inadequacy, and those of others around me.

I have seen non-acceptance of reality by those who feel things should be different, "just because" (& I myself have been there, too).

But we were made by God for His reasons and His pleasure, not for our own.

Unless we actively try and fulfill what He has created us to be, we will never reach our potential or be truly satisfied.

Fortunately this God who created us is a God who loves. He did what we could never achieve, for us. He showed us the path to Him by emulating His actions and motivations when He wore the human body of Jesus Christ (as he still does, that part of God is now permanently human, not like we are now, but like we can be. He is the "New Adam", the first born of a new stage of humanity and bound into the Trinity of God).

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustEve
If you want to give UNCONDITIONAL LOVE and advance spiritually then quit regurgitating fashionable ideas and words and start ACTING. Give shelter to the homeless, love to the lonely and abandoned, protection to the abused. Saying a word and acting like the rest of the bunch does not make you spiritually enlightened, it makes you a mere fool. How many people's lives have you TRULY changed? How many people's tears have you wiped off? Want to evolve as human beings? Give Give GIVE. Own an extra pair of shoes? Give it to the person who's barefoot. A word means nothing without the actions to back it up. Besides, the ACTION speaks for ITSELF. People abandon everything just to be able to offer their services to their brothers and sisters out of PURE love and they don't NEED any words to validate them and their choices.They are humble and aware of the fact that to give to another is to give to yourself. And please understand this before you label it ''egotistical''. Do yourselves a favor.
It is one thing to know what to do and another to actually DO IT. Forgive me if I sounded rude or anything, it's just that I'm so sick of those pretentious folks trying to present themselves as ''better'' than the rest but DO absolutely nothing of great significance for their fellow earthlings. Also please forgive my poor english as I am not a native speaker.

Thank you for your patience. May you all improve your lives as well as the lives of those less fortunate than you.

I love you and your beautiful heart.

You are so right. Words are just so much air. Our actions reflect our truth.

I pray that God will give you (and your message) abundance, joy and peace!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Well, it is my belief that I am a part of God, and subsequently God itself. I believe you are too. Therefore, God's reasons our my reasons. My reasons our Its reasons and We both share yours as well as You share Ours.

However, that is just my belief, which means nothing logically.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Ya know, I haven't seen you around before, and was reading your replies for the first time, which you wrote to people just today...and you came across as a trolling smart-arse with an arrogant and dismissive attitude alongside a professed "humor" and "sarcasm."
Now you suddenly have this spiritual side? I totally appreciate sarcasm (it's only one of the many services I offer)...but, it is ALSO a block to communication.

Guess I'll have to go back and read through your posts to see the "real deal" (as far as you choose to portray it here).

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Ya know, I haven't seen you around before, and was reading your replies for the first time, which you wrote to people just today...and you came across as a trolling smart-arse with an arrogant and dismissive attitude alongside a professed "humor" and "sarcasm."
Now you suddenly have this spiritual side? I totally appreciate sarcasm (it's only one of the many services I offer)...but, it is ALSO a block to communication.

Guess I'll have to go back and read through your posts to see the "real deal" (as far as you choose to portray it here).

I know, I'm a connundrum wrapped up in puzzle etc.

But I just gotta be me.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
our bodies will die.
but you and me, we are the same thing... and we are forever homie.

namaste like a mo'fo
edit on 31-12-2011 by rudeboyrave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
My problem with "love and light" is that it's cheesy, frankly speaking. It doesn't pass the smell test, in a simple aesthetic sense.

There is so much valid spiritual thought out there...Read the Christan Desert Fathers, or classical Buddhist scriptures and sutras, say...these things have been around for thousands of years, they are time-tested and have nourished generation after generation of seekers. Personally, I don't really trust any spititual source that is less than 500 years old, give or take. Time is a great filter, it separates the garbage from that which is valued enough to find a place in the library of human wisdom. Pick up The Ladder of Perfection by John Climacus, say, or The Diamond Sutra to provide two examples...there is real spiritual meat on those bones, they are the mainstay of rich mystical traditions. The new age/ascenscion stuff simply lacks the gravitas of traditional spirituality...call me a snob but why waste time with a slapped-together postmodern mishmash when the spiritual classics await you with their infinite richness?
edit on 12/31/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have a friend who recently joined the "love and light crowd". He has been convinced that the world is going to be forever changed or end in December of 2012. He has recently begun spending TONS of $$$ on crystals, Reiki healing, acupuncture, oils, incenses, all sorts of hemp jewelry with "new age" symbols. He also listens to binaural beats and is convinced that he is now psychic because he is activating his pineal gland. I used to be able to have intelligent conversations with this person, but now our talks have been severely censored from his lack of ability to discuss ANYTHING "negative". His main source of information has been from a series on YouTube called "Spirit Science". The series, from what I can tell, is produced by an extremely young Canadian fellow who, while I'm sure has his heart in the right place, seems to believe some fairly unscientific things.

I am all for being positive and loving my fellow human beings, but that doesn't mean you have to ignore science and common sense. Personally, I believe in a higher power and some sort of existence after death, but I am not arrogant enough to assume that I know the correct spiritual path to travel. This "New Age" movement tries to act like its being scientific while completely ignoring proper scientific method. I have looked into much of what he has been talking about so I could attempt to preserve our friendship. They have a whole alternate history and explanations for world events based off of people "channeling" spirits from groups such as the "Crimson Circle". Google it and you'll be entertained, I promise! The man in charge is so cheesy and pompous its laughable.

Anyways, I could go on and on about some of the crazy things my friend believes now. Another one is that you can purify dirty water by imagining a white light around it coming from Heaven....I mean what is that? Total B.S. in my opinion. I am all for being spiritual and good, but not at the expense of my common sense.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XTTIOTX

What you are describing is cultlike behaviour. I still believe in peace and love because I have seen the effect of violence. I would always counsel people like your friend to get a freaking job and save some cash. I am still anti violence and peace is better than the violence.

Wait until some of these namaste critics start loosing their loved ones to violence then they will wake up!

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join