It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Namaste'' Crowd - Another Mind Control Layer?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+67 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
You probably noticed it there are more and more cases of people involved in ''love and light'' philosophy, telling everyone how good they are, etc. The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand. Whenever anyone wants to challenge them or discuss something of practical merit, they shut down and/or resort to passing judgment on others they view as ''less developed'' or ''those who still have not found the light''. The principle of equality is actually a fascist view of the world with a rosy face attached to it. You cannot discuss certain issues, because they are ''too negative'', everyone is ''equal'', we do not eat meat, etc.. not only does it seem dystopian, it also presents itself as another example of ''group-think'', the mindset which seriously limits one's horizons, leading to creation of rather dull people devoid of any passion. The only difference is, they will throw a rose at you rather than beat you. The mindset is still the same.

+30 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

Does love hurt you the same as a beating?
Are you insulted by love?

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Does love hurt you the same as a beating?
Are you insulted by love?

No, but life definied as zombified adherence to some imaginary principles does seem a tad odd, if you ask me. Your life, your choice

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Exactly! But you are the one that is offended by love, it's your life, it's you that feels offended. Do you enjoy being offended?
The problem is your problem.
Some know of love and some don't, those that don't won't understand.
It is like, if you don't understand you want to destroy.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Well "Namaste" is just a word. All Words or phrases can be used to form groupthink. The fascist right has used "American Patriot" as a front for group think also. The left also has its cultists. I like Peace and love because it is only the working joes that join the army and then get stiffed ask any vet.

I don't think we need more bloodshead or violence committed against the inocent.

Is that so truly awful. I like well prepared vegetarian food. I am also a meat eater. The problem is that many westerners are not good at cooking vegetarian food.

Namaste

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Nothing New ....Ganhdi....Jesus...All thought the samething...

Peace

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest
You probably noticed it there are more and more cases of people involved in ''love and light'' philosophy, telling everyone how good they are, etc. The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand. Whenever anyone wants to challenge them or discuss something of practical merit, they shut down and/or resort to passing judgment on others they view as ''less developed'' or ''those who still have not found the light''. The principle of equality is actually a fascist view of the world with a rosy face attached to it. You cannot discuss certain issues, because they are ''too negative'', everyone is ''equal'', we do not eat meat, etc.. not only does it seem dystopian, it also presents itself as another example of ''group-think'', the mindset which seriously limits one's horizons, leading to creation of rather dull people devoid of any passion. The only difference is, they will throw a rose at you rather than beat you. The mindset is still the same.

You cannot say that.

It breaks their world and all the magic sparkles on the unicorns turn out to be carcinogenic.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
some seem to want to distract, while others are just sending a message out... and it's actually a very important one because if people would just treat each other better without all the lies that lead to suffering... who knows what could be accomplished.
edit on 30-12-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Sooo, we shouldn't wish you peace, love, light, goodness, positivity, or none of that?

I am part of that "crowd" occasionally, and I attribute the terminology and such, to concepts picked up along my spiritual path. One who says "love & light" isn't necessarily claiming to be enlightened though. As for shutting down in discussions, that's subjective. Just because there's a scattered group who uses certain terms doesn't mean that it's penetrated their mind and they can't have discussions or be challenged.

peace/light

ETA: Also, passing on a term of endearment, or positivity, or a smile, or a hug, or a compliment might help heal this cold dark world we live in.
edit on 30-12-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

The world is already broken but that doesn't matter because I am eternal.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Sooo, we shouldn't wish you peace, love, light, goodness, positivity, or none of that?

I am part of that "crowd" occasionally, and I attribute the terminology and such, to concepts picked up along my spiritual path. One who says "love & light" isn't necessarily claiming to be enlightened though. As for shutting down in discussions, that's subjective. Just because there's a scattered group who uses certain terms doesn't mean that it's penetrated their mind and they can't have discussions or be challenged.

peace/light
edit on 30-12-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: typo

You don't know me, nor will you likely ever meet me.

That means that they are only empty words both to me and anyone else reading them (who will also probably never meet you).

Peas & loot to you too!

edit on 30/12/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

peace/light
edit on 30-12-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: typo

You don't know me, nor will you likely ever meet me.

That means that they are only empty words both to me and anyone else reading themm who will also probably never meet you.

Peas & loot to you too!

SMH - how incredibly immature.
You have your view point, and I have mine.

and since when do you have to meet somebody to wish good upon them???

peace
edit on 30-12-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

You claim that the namaste crowd are mind control. Well what are you? The one presenting groups to pick on, round them up. Them and us mentality.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

How utterly tedious for you.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

How utterly tedious for you.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

You claim that the namaste crowd are mind control. Well what are you? The one presenting groups to pick on, round them up. Them and us mentality.

I am just someone observing what's going on. Not so ''love and light'' anymore, when our assumptions are being questioned, are we?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

That's lame.
So it is your thread, do you have anything to add?

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Love and light is a joke. "Darkness and grief" would be more appropriate. Denying normal human emotions is not going to get rid of them, so anyone that thinks they can live in a world of fairy tales and flower farts is being willfully ignorant.

To themselves, and the people around them...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

If someone is not part of the love and light crowd, I suppose the love and light crowd would think of them as different... No?

Different people, groups... Same thing.

But nice try at deflecting..

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Ok so you instigate and stand back and watch. Nice style. You love to indulge in pain and misery, no wonder you hate the namaste crowd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join