It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Namaste'' Crowd - Another Mind Control Layer?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It is not in the acknowledgement of our differences that allow us to find harmony with one another, It is the acknowledgement of our similarities.

That is what saying 'Namaste' ,in some small way, is trying to accomplish.

Maybe not a personal favorite if introduced to you by some pretentious, overly aggressive peacenik, but the intention is a good one.

Naive, unwelcome by some perhaps, but not a bad deal overall.

Please have compassion for those whom you deem 'sheep' and 'brainwashed,' as, much like you, they can only act according to what they know.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
It is not in the acknowledgement of our differences that allow us to find harmony with one another, It is the acknowledgement of our similarities.

That is what saying 'Namaste' ,in some small way, is trying to accomplish.

Maybe not a personal favorite if introduced to you by some pretentious, overly aggressive peacenik, but the intention is a good one.

Naive, unwelcome by some perhaps, but not a bad deal overall.

Please have compassion for those whom you deem 'sheep' and 'brainwashed,' as, much like you, they can only act according to what they know.

I understand the bottom line despite thinking some may purposefully take it too far. If only people could realize just how much they do for love even when they don't realize it. If people could take a look at themselves in the absence of it and recognize that this is what it is and what it does to people, not just themselves.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickestNamaste, friend

You are such a cynic it's not even funny.

And you have absolutely nothing to give. Instead of creating something useful you just choose to create BS threads like this.

I don't understand what are you even doing on this board.

This is sort of a catch-22. I agree that the thread was created for less than commendable reasons, and that the OPs contributions, save a few reasonable posts, have been mostly short sighted and dismissive of one side of the coin, and congratulatory and very agreeable with the other. On the other hand, the thread s/he has started contains some quite exceptionally awesome discussion. True, most of it is relative mush, but there are some phenomenal moments of real discussion and insight within this thread...much perspective to be gained if read openly. To all the posters who discussed the topic legitimately and without agenda, thanks!

I also decided that the post of quotes I put up on page ten to point out to the OP that it certainly seemed he had an "agenda" in this topic even though he said otherwise was mostly a waste of time. The way he titled the thread itself is more than enough evidence that it was created not for thoughtful discussion but rather to point out that the "the 'namaste' crowd" is indeed "another mind control layer", the question mark is a nice touch though.

cheers and happy 2012 to all
edit on 1-1-2012 by UdonNiedtuno because: redundant

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by WayfaringStranger

Fighting evil is not understanding. Fighting is fighting after all.
See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
edit on 31-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I don't know how fighting evil is "not understanding." Perhaps when confronted with evil you will understand that the ONLY thing to do is to fight evil or submit. Survival is not a moral dilemma, unless we've been confused by all the silly light and love talk.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by David291

I disagree with you, I know a few people that I talk to that are part of this group that actually do get their hands dirty but there is only so much a small group of people can do against a populous that doesn't even want to help themselves get out the mess they are in, nevermind learning to love each other and the planet.

I didn't say that NO light and love people are getting their hands dirty, just the ones I know personally. My point was, people are buying into the love and light meme for no other reason than it tickles their ears. I not questioning their hearts or their motives, just their judgment.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

If you see evil it is because something is not understood. Evil is in the eye of the beholder just as much as beauty. Evil is subjective. If you are personally fighting evil, what evil is it you are talking about?
The only evil in this world is believing our ideas about good and bad, judgment. Compassion brings understanding whereas judgment causes conflict. Conflict is good against evil.

When a situation arises I am there. What is done is done.
edit on 2-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Great thread. I fully agree!

Peace and love are worthwhile aspirations but strict adherence to them ignores the fact that evil does exist in this World and that action is noble. If you awoke in the night and walked into your daughters bedroom to find an intruder trying to rape her, do you try and talk him our of it and then offer him a cup of cocoa? Or do you do what all sane and truly enlightened human beings do and beat them to a pulp?! If not, you disgust me.

I have this argument with my brother. He's very much on the David Icke side of things where if he found himself face-to-face with a war criminal like Tony Blair he's do nothing whereas I'd take great pleasure in departing him from this World. Some people need to be taught a lesson or they continue to do evil. Love, pacifism and dialogue don't work on everyone. And if we believe that then we're complicit in the dire state of our World.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You have a good point Cythraul, your post raises some interesting dialogue on such questions as...What is vengence and what is justice, what is right action against wrong and what is wrong action against wrong, when is it just to strike and when is it just to be at peace and that sort of thing...Reminds me of Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. I think people struggle with these things, because, not everything is clear cut and that which is, we make not so clear cut, and that which isen't, we try to make it clear cut at great costs.

And you are certainly right, if someone is being attacked, a goodly knight dosn't offer cupcakes and rainbows, he defends the person in need of defence and subdues the attacker and if necessary, lays the attacker low. I suppose though, such a thought would disturb some people...reminds me of the whole debate, if a person is drowning on the Sabbath, should a person leave them to drown or should they go out and rescue the individual, what is the proper fullfillment of the Law?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Arles Morningside

Yes Arles Morningside. I think a better philosophy than Pacifism is: Dealing with people in the least violent way possible. So if someone says they hate you but they're not actually doing anything to harm or threaten you, then feel free to love them in return if you so will, or at least ignore them. But if you or an innocent are being physically attacked and the assailant doesn't want to listen to reason, then deal with them using as much force is necessary.

For me, vengeance and justice can be the same thing and I believe they are sorely overlooked in today's society. I'm not into the Bible, but I know that some Christians believe that when Jesus said "turn the other cheek" it wasn't a statement of absolute pacifism and inaction, but rather: "choose your battles".

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ultimately the soul is eternal so a true monk/philosopher has no reason to use force because death is inevitable for all embodied beings and self defense can only last so long, and you cant fight against nature the biggest murderer of all lol. But, by the same token, as the bhagavad gita states, the soul can never be cut, therefore fight! If it is no moral harm to be killed, it is no moral harm to kill. But physical violence even then only makes sense when it is reactionary and instinctual and not a planned attack which never goes as planned The better action is meditative absorption, samadhi. Focusing the mind on the soul to see the light within.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Stop worrying about being manipulated and controlled so much. Life is a game, with games within the game, and games within the games within the games. Pick which one you want to play and as long as you're enjoying yourself then it doesn't matter - you can always switch games later.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

So, say you awake in the night and hear screams and commotion from your daughter's bedroom... you know pretty well that there's someone nasty in there trying to harm her but you've got a moment or so to consider your course of action. What do you do?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I thought I was being clear on this point, but I'll say it again by quoting krishna from the B.G.:

"Fight, arjuna!
Either you win and inherit the earth,
Or die and inherent heaven."

Specifically i would grab a knife and pull a sneak move, but that is only because what you hypothesize would involve a reactionary and instinctual effort. Planning to track this rapist to the ends of the earth may not be successful nor would it bring justice which is why i dont care much for revenge. But this is, you must admit an extreme scenario, for most other scenarios it is better to be nonviolent and contemplative as opposed to taking rash action.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Thanks! I see where you're coming from.

I don't know whether I'd pursue a rapist to the ends of the Earth after the event. I think that decision can only be made when something like that actually happens to you.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
From the Tao Te Ching:

When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad.

Basically, that sums up the world of Dualism, which is non-existant other than in our minds. For you to have something as righteous you must also have to label something as evil to compare it to. There really is no such thing as evil or right. These are just man-made concepts. In reality, everything is perfect. Everything just is.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Would you mind telling me from which chapter in the Bhagavad Gita this verse comes from please, I would like to read the whole chapter that it is contained in to get the complete message Krishna was trying to convey.

"Fight, arjuna!
Either you win and inherit the earth,
Or die and inherent heaven".

Thank you.
edit on 2-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Some examples of Namaste crowd that I have read:

"Do not fall for this new age notion that you create your own reality. That is simply not true. And if you do, frustration will ensue and may create depression. The truth is, certain events in life will happen to you whether you want them or not and when they do, just accept them as they are...a lesson is being learned for the benefits of the spirit that dwells within you. Always do your best to remember this truth...You are bigger than anything that can ever happen to you. peace! ♥"

"One highly evolved spirit named NOKODEMJON has been reincarnating on Earth as prophets (bringer of truth) to teach mankind the Teaching of truth, teaching of spirit, teaching of life. The book of the entire Teaching of the Prophets. From Henoch (Enoch), Elia (Elijah), Jesaja (Isaiah), Jeremia (Jeremiah), Jmmanuel (Jesus), Muhammad (Mohammed) and Billy (BEAM). HAPPY NEW YEAR!! "

"The human is still not capable of coping with, and fully understanding, the truth.
And he is not yet mature enough to know his future and to approach it correctly.
For that reason the truth must be rewritten prophetically for him, as in equations, in order to make him think independently, whereby he slowly finds and recognises the truth himself. For that reason the human must be spoken to in prophecies and parables and also, for that reason, the events of the future must be explained to him in veiled form. Everything must be explained and be presented in a rewritten form, whereby the human is stirred to thought and begins to search. Only through his research does he find possibilities of an interpretation and, in that way, slowly recognises the truth. Were he not spoken to in parables and prophesies, and the explanations of the future not presented in circumscribed and somehow mysterious form, then he would make no effort to do his own thinking and he would also want to change the future because, if it were all presented in open, un-paraphrased form, he would indeed know all of this in every detail, with which he truly could not cope."

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

I know you have asked a rhetorical question, paranoid about your identity to the point of being xenophobic, but you are just a bigot. Nothing else.

I have no idea what this Namaste crowd is that you are referring to, but have you ever considered understanding the meaning of the word?

It simply means that I bow to the divinity within you....that every human is divine, created by God in his image.

Ignorance may be bliss, but bigotry is stupid. Grow up, please.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Chapter two- (Sankhya Yoga) Line 37

37. Slain, thou shalt gain heaven; victorious, thou shall inherit the earth: therefore arise, O Kauntheya, (Son of Kunti) determined to fight.

Some references

www.rkvenkat.org...
www.gita-society.com...
www.atmajyoti.org...
philosophy.lander.edu...

Regards

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join