It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Namaste'' Crowd - Another Mind Control Layer?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
I don't care what you say.

Love and light are the only things humans have to survive.

So, let's survive, with love and light.

Food and shelter are pretty darn handy too. Sunlight is essential, for sure. A nice reading lamp at night is a wonderful accompaniment to an absorbing book too. But this 'light' you mention is a fairytale I think you will one day find.

Love is wonderful - agreed. But you'll never find it from a complete stranger. You need to know someone before that can happen. To throw your 'love' around with any 'ol one is a naive foolishness imo. There are too many sick and twisted people out there. No matter how you may wish otherwise...

Best of luck however.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
reply to post by jimbo999

"You can carve a goat out of wood but you can't make him dance." -My crazy grandfather.

Is that less haggard and over-used for you?

Far better!! Highly original too, I might add. I don't have a clue what it means however... lol!!

Is this yet another take on 'The Thirsty Mule'?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

"You can carve a goat out of wood but you can't make him dance." -My crazy grandfather.

Far better!! Highly original too, I might add. I don't have a clue what it means however... lol!!

I believe so but one can never be too sure with my grandfather.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
i think it can happen with strangers... especially brotherly love. it happens all the time. i meet strangers that make me feel great just by meeting them and even though i walk away from them, i could tell they have love in their heart and they will keep having love in their hearts after i walk away. it may not be personal to me but if they exude their kindness to me then they are expressing human fellowship and love even if it is just feeling it in their own hearts and smiling at another... it's just as real and that type of person is likely to help anyone who they see has trouble in front of them... even if it is a complete stranger. That is love.

love often feels like an association... to family, to ties. that is a HABIT.

Somehwat excusable ina sense but it is a habit that needs t be broken because we are actually ALL family.

i do not like hearing people, for example, putting down others children simply because it's not THEIR faces they see in them. Disgusting habit and reinforces that dreadful fear in some... that love is nothing more than association.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia

you clearly need to re evaluate your facts. I really dont like to waste time with people like you. no offense.

I do? Please - feel free to (ahem) enlighten me then. What facts do I need to re-evaluate?

Why don't you? Do I shake your belief systems in an unorthodox manner or something? Or is logic and truth too disconcerting?

None taken.

LOL

Oh please embroil me in academic debate. I would love to help enlighten you.

Namaste, In La 'Kesh and Temet Nosce.

edit on 31-12-2011 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

At least it's positive and for the record there are all kinds of different people that allow these concepts into their thinking,
I agree the ultra annoying hippy crap that some go on with S$#t's me to tears but it's well-intentioned...

It takes all types you know.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Love and the other so called positive emotions are only ok if they are used correctly, you dont love someone who tortured your puppy, that is someone you hate.

Hate and the other so called negative emotions are ok if they are used correctly.

Loving for no good reason is just as bad as hating for no reason.

People are are dual in nature, they have love and hate, good and evil. If you are only love and light you are not a person.

This pushing us into not eating meat is just another way to make us more docile, more tame.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I believe so but one can never be too sure with my grandfather.

I see. He sounds like quite the character! Tell him to write a book will ya? He's obviously an original.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
i'm not in the love and light club but maybe some believe that eating meat causes pain.

You CAUSE pain, you GET pain. Some see it as a cyclical problem. a problem in the balance of very real energies. animals are alive too and very much feel pain.
edit on 31-12-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

To me it seems like you are the one presenting them as a singular group.

There are plenty of people who take what they like from whatever religious, political, or philosophical paradigm they like. Within all the people who may say "Namaste", there are thousands of separate secular systems (within Hindu and Buddhist beliefs) and then there are people who simply observe how well some beliefs mesh with their original beliefs, whether they be beliefs from some sort of teachings or life experiences.

To compare them to a cult is over-simplification, how about looking at people as humans, and seeing through whatever trends they may follow, and maybe look deeper. Just because someone expresses light, love and happiness does not mean they are naive enough to think that these are the only things out there. They have simply chosen to spread these ideals rather they point out how DIFFERENT things are. We are far beyond that point in out civilization, that was the industrial/scientific boom of the last two centuries. Compartmentalization. We at the point where ideas are intermingling freely. One can have Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Pagan, or Atheist influences simultaneously without it anyone else really giving much care to it. There will always be small, loud minorities of any belief system that take things to far, but you need to learn discernment yet at the same time stop over-analyzing. I doubt anyone saying "Namaste" is envisioning the dystopian future you are; in fact, you sound paranoid and may want to resolve these issues before you lose your mind.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

you clearly need to re evaluate your facts. I really dont like to waste time with people like you. no offense.

I do? Please - feel free to (ahem) enlighten me then. What facts do I need to re-evaluate?

Why don't you? Do I shake your belief systems in an unorthodox manner or something? Or is logic and truth too disconcerting?

None taken.

LOL

Oh please embroil me in academic debate. I would love to help enlighten you.

Namaste, In La 'Kesh and Temet Nosce.

edit on 31-12-2011 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

Why thank you! I'll let you know if I ever find myself needing some then (enlightenment, that is..)

Academic debate? Perish the thought!

Settle for a plain vanilla debate instead?? lol!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I read the OP and a few of the replies and skipped to this post. I can go back and read through the thread, but I already have opinions on this subject so I thought I would just throw them into the mix.

"Namaste" is a vague term to designate spiritually minded new agers influenced by eastern religions and philosophies, if my understanding is correct. That covers a lot of territory. That is a broad brush stroke. But I get what the OP means.

Believe me.

I live on the front line of all this stuff, i.e., in a meditation center. I don't want to be too specific about that because I post in these forums as just another individual like everyone else, not as a spokesperson for my religion, way of life, organization or teacher.

I have been involved with Vajrayana Buddhism for 35 years and have lived in a vajrayana buddhist meditation center for most of those years.

Human spirituality is a very complex subject. It takes time and experience to get a comprehensive overview of the subject. Many people who are new to it and overflowing with that "namaste" style are naive.

The sixteenth Karmapa, head of the Karma Kargyud lineage of Vajrayana Buddhism was sometimes radiant with joy and sometimes radiant with displeasure. If the over sweet "namaste" style turns you off, rest assured, there are people in the spiritual life who are not naive.

I would say to people who encounter spiritual life or spiritual people, "Trust your instincts. Avoid people and situations that you feel are detrimental to your health or violate principles that you know are sound."

Just because your family gave you the teaching or you got the knowledge in the school of hard knocks doesn't mean that it is inferior to what some guy in robes or one of his star struck followers is telling you.

Go with your gut. Everytime.
edit on 31-12-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer
i'm not in the love and light club but maybe some believe that eating meat causes pain.

You CAUSE pain, you GET pain. Some see it as a cyclical problem. a problem in the balance of very real energies. animals are alive too and very much feel pain.

Agreed. Animals do feel pain.

But then - how do you feel about recent research that seems to indicate plants also feel pain and sense danger?

It's a minefield out there...

What really gets my goat is hunting....killing animals for sport when there's a supermarket full of the stuff down the road.... sick I tell you.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer

Agreed. Animals do feel pain.

But then - how do you feel about recent research that seems to indicate plants also feel pain and sense danger?

It's a minefield out there...

What really gets my goat is hunting....killing animals for sport when there's a supermarket full of the stuff down the road.... sick I tell you.

I don't think it's the same.

there is always room for learning. i believe at times it might be ok to break down and kill an animal if you are starving in the desert and suffering hunger pains. its not the same as a glutton knocking cows in the head in the crudest way possible.... but who knows. maybe if we all stopped eating meat and became more spiritual and more sensitive to the spiritual energy that can embody something, maybe the trees would start communicating with us and tell us what they feel and tell us what they want.

maybe it's got some truth but first we have to overcome what we can overcome and we HAVE to eat something. we do not HAVE to eat meat.

if you think about it, maybe the tree WANTS you to pick it's fruit. it tells you so when it is ripe and about to fall. if you do not pick it, it will fall to the ground. when you reach up to pick it, it comes off rather easy.... like an old scab on a healed wound. it is not bloody and messy and painful. it is very natural to do and feels more like a gift than a robbery of a very life... a bloody murder of an entire being.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I would get totally bored very quickly if I was in a society where everyone was hugging everyone else. No conflicts, no differences of opinion (because there would be none), no emotional discussions about points/counterpoints, no new ideas, nothing new.

Equality does not happen. Thank God we are all different from each other. I'm not saying anyone is better than another, we are all God's children. But we are different. Not everyone is a genius. Nor is everyone muscular, or athletic, or beautiful (eye of the beholder). Some people are left brain (great accountants), some right brained (creators of beauty).

Its all genetic with environmental influences. Our society is great because of our differences.

A world full of love and peace is impossible. Why? Because it has been shown that 17% of our population cannot feel empathy for others. These 17% are born with small amygdalas and poor communication pathways between the amygdala and the cerebral cortex. Not their fault, it's just a fact. BUT, these 17% are needed and useful to our society. Those who have difficulty feeling empathy make great police officers. (I'd lose my mind being a police officer because I could not stand seeing the day to day suffering of people in car accidents, kids killed, wives beaten...UGH!. I'd go out of my mind!!!! Those who are born with less empathy can focus better on the most important things to do in cases of emergency.

Of course we also have to consider the fact that 17% of our world leaders cannot feel empathy, either.

Mankind has progressed because of problems. Problems are food for innovation. Innovation improves our comfort and ability to survive.

Innovation brought us all of the comforts we have today: efficient farming that can provide fresh food cheaply, automobiles, telephones, TV, central heating systems, dishwashers, clothes washers and driers, the toilet, efficient sewage treatment plants, less disease, convenient and inexpensive energy supply, places to go. (How easy it is to take a weekend to fly across the country and see the Grand Canyon, or visit Yellowstone.)

I find joy in solving problems and challenges. Repetition = work. New is exciting.

So, I have to agree with the concern about "group think". Mind numbing, non-productive thinking would make us all bored robots. I'll never bury my head in the sand. Instead, I chose to look forward to the next challenge.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ejmiller
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I would get totally bored very quickly if I was in a society where everyone was hugging everyone else. No conflicts, no differences of opinion (because there would be none), no emotional discussions about points/counterpoints, no new ideas, nothing new.

Equality does not happen. Thank God we are all different from each other. I'm not saying anyone is better than another, we are all God's children. But we are different. Not everyone is a genius. Nor is everyone muscular, or athletic, or beautiful (eye of the beholder). Some people are left brain (great accountants), some right brained (creators of beauty).

Its all genetic with environmental influences. Our society is great because of our differences.

A world full of love and peace is impossible. Why? Because it has been shown that 17% of our population cannot feel empathy for others. These 17% are born with small amygdalas and poor communication pathways between the amygdala and the cerebral cortex. Not their fault, it's just a fact. BUT, these 17% are needed and useful to our society. Those who have difficulty feeling empathy make great police officers. (I'd lose my mind being a police officer because I could not stand seeing the day to day suffering of people in car accidents, kids killed, wives beaten...UGH!. I'd go out of my mind!!!! Those who are born with less empathy can focus better on the most important things to do in cases of emergency.

Of course we also have to consider the fact that 17% of our world leaders cannot feel empathy, either.

Mankind has progressed because of problems. Problems are food for innovation. Innovation improves our comfort and ability to survive.

Innovation brought us all of the comforts we have today: efficient farming that can provide fresh food cheaply, automobiles, telephones, TV, central heating systems, dishwashers, clothes washers and driers, the toilet, efficient sewage treatment plants, less disease, convenient and inexpensive energy supply, places to go. (How easy it is to take a weekend to fly across the country and see the Grand Canyon, or visit Yellowstone.)

I find joy in solving problems and challenges. Repetition = work. New is exciting.

So, I have to agree with the concern about "group think". Mind numbing, non-productive thinking would make us all bored robots. I'll never bury my head in the sand. Instead, I chose to look forward to the next challenge.

Exactly. Let's just hug each other every day until we die (literally), because all we need is LOVE, right

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix0714
reply to post by ancientthunder

I have made another observation as well. I think that the construction guys that I work with are also full of love and light, even though all they talk about is beer and women. But I'm definitely not going to squeeze THEM to find out...

edit on 30-12-2011 by phoenix0714 because: add

sounds like youve been squeezing them already. If not you wouldnt know would yah?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
We are alive, able to breathe, able to see, able to love, expressing gratitude for that is what's important. Anything other than that is of the ego, searching for happiness outside of ourselves, trying to find something "more" to be happy. We are already alive, that's all that ever matters.

And love is the highest vibration. Gratitude (love) for being alive. Everything else is just dust in the wind. Loving yourself and others, doing what feels right is good. LETS DO IT BOYS, let's raise collective consciousness of the world and change it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

You didn't really just wait 7 pages to only reply to someone who more-or-less agrees with you, did you?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Love..light...peace...see no evil hear no evil...beep, whirrrr, click. Bacon fying smell - dry retch...booze smell..grimace. Detach mind control program ...cleared. Download new program: "keep shootin'....keep shootin'...keep shootin'....keep shootin'......nice!"

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join