It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Namaste'' Crowd - Another Mind Control Layer?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest
...there was no agenda here. It's completely impromptu

you claim to have no agenda, but it seems as though you do, and the agenda does not appear to be fostering thoughtful discussion (this is only from the first 2-3 pgs.):

No, but life definied as zombified adherence to some imaginary principles does seem a tad odd, if you ask me. Your life, your choice

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by chr0naut

The world is already broken but that doesn't matter because I am eternal.

How utterly tedious for you.

reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

You claim that the namaste crowd are mind control. Well what are you? The one presenting groups to pick on, round them up. Them and us mentality.

I am just someone observing what's going on. Not so ''love and light'' anymore, when our assumptions are being questioned, are we?

Originally posted by boncho

You claim that the namaste crowd are mind control. Well what are you? The one presenting groups to pick on, round them up. Them and us mentality.

If someone is not part of the love and light crowd, I suppose the love and light crowd would think of them as different... No?

Different people, groups... Same thing.

But nice try at deflecting..

Different, yes, you are not as advanced as they are, your spiritual awareness is not as advanced, because you don't ACCEPT there is the GALACTIC FEDERATION OF (B)LIGHT trying to SAVE US with never-ending barrage of youtube messages

Originally posted by tpg65

You probably noticed it there are more and more cases of people involved in ''love and light'' philosophy, telling everyone how good they are, etc. The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand. Whenever anyone wants to challenge them or discuss something of practical merit, they shut down and/or resort to passing judgment on others they view as ''less developed'' or ''those who still have not found the light''. The principle of equality is actually a fascist view of the world with a rosy face attached to it. You cannot discuss certain issues, because they are ''too negative'', everyone is ''equal'', we do not eat meat, etc.. not only does it seem dystopian, it also presents itself as another example of ''group-think'', the mindset which seriously limits one's horizons, leading to creation of rather dull people devoid of any passion. The only difference is, they will throw a rose at you rather than beat you. The mindset is still the same.

Excellent observations and well done to you for making your observations public.
I have had serious reservations regarding the " Namaste " crowd for years .
They are a cult in the making .

S+F

Thanks, this is based on my personal experience with reasonable people who've been completely brainwashed and suddenly believe in MILLIONS of hidden craft in our solar system, telling me they treat EVERYONE the same, praying to food I mean what's going on here, this is supposed to save humanity?

Why don't you start a thread entitled:
The 'hate' crowd-another mind control layer.

Yes, label the ones who DARE to question anything ''haters'' or trolls, et al. This has nothing to do with hate. Nobody here hates anyone. This is the problem with ''love and light'', anything even remotely questioning LOVE AND LIGHT is branded as HATE. Love and light are great, of course they are, but these are just generic terms and if you want to mediate your life away locked in a room somewhere, that's your choice. Just don't preach this stuff to others if they are not inclined to listen because they deem this philosophy naive, boring and - quite frankly - cookie-cutter with no spice to life.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

S&F, too many young people are blindly following this pseudo-science and New Age mysticism. Many claim to know to have the answer to life being love and light. They only look at these aspects with a very stubborn and small point of view.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 247southland

Originally posted by Bone75
What you are all witnessing here is the final separation between good and evil. We're all choosing sides whether you realize it or not. Just go back and read whatever you've posted on this thread and you'll see which side you're on. I, for one, stand firm with the humanitarians (you know, the ones you guys refer to as the fairy dust and unicorn crowd). Together we will ALL reach the stars, while all of the individualists will be left behind to kill eachother.

Good point. Maybe rather than Good & Evil, Duality & Unity? From my perspective, I don't see the other side ( does that sound right?) as 'Evil', but more as just still cool with duality. I for one am soooooooo freaking ready to move past duality.

Name-f*@kin'-sta-beyotches!

You will reach the stars? On your unicorns? That'll be an AWESOME spectacle! Better than Project BlueBeam

Really, man? I mean, really? I lay my heart and soul out there for the good of mankind and ATS & you come back with freaking unicorn crap?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Does love hurt you the same as a beating?
Are you insulted by love?

It is when people use it in a condescending tone of, ''i'm bat@&%t crazy and you might not agree with me because i'm right and your wrong because your a meanie and i'm full of love and i'm always right''

Assholes

It's also used as an attemp to make people feel bad for them when they say stupid things, it's manipulative subliminal mind control and it's quite effective on this site.

Open your eyes and look

edit on 30-12-2011 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Some of us will reach the stars (maybe) it will, most likely, be in ships.

I don't think anyone will reach anywhere by watching their navel, because lots have already done that and it doesn't seem to work.

Old saying: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result".

What would you say the navel gazers are doing?

It all boils down to one simple choice. Regardless of what you believe in... You're either for the good of ALL humanity, or you are for the good of yourself. No need to complicate it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Some of us will reach the stars (maybe) it will, most likely, be in ships.

I don't think anyone will reach anywhere by watching their navel, because lots have already done that and it doesn't seem to work.

Old saying: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result".

What would you say the navel gazers are doing?

I would agree with you if there had somehow been positive social change actually generated. But apart from some surficial changes to anti-discrimination laws the world is still run by the same old fat cats motivated by greed and votes, kept in power by the apathetic majority who are quite happy to see the tax they pay each year get pumped into questionable 'wars on terror' (which only serve to further TPTB's agenda) than see the world changed for the better.

edit on 30/12/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I view these people more as a kind of New Age philosophy more-so than Eastern. My way is not your way, it will never be, unless you decide to take on similar lifestyle choices. I try not to eat meat, I refuse to purposely harm or kill anything living (unless there is no other viable option), I study the Gautama Buddha's teachings and am a follower of the way.

I can't convince you to love everybody as yourself. I can't convince you to treat all things as dependent upon all other things. I choose not to preach or tell you why "my way is the best way." It wouldn't do a darn bit of good anyways. You'll decide what is best for you, or maybe not, that's not my concern (although I am concerned that you are happy), as I can't and won't take that burden upon me. It wouldn't do any good for either of us.

You have innumerable lives to stick your head in the fire. but at some point, when you get tired of burning your head, there's a rational way out. I'll be here, meditating, and if you have any questions, I will give you what answers I have.
edit on 30-12-2011 by ManjushriPrajna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

What you are all witnessing here is the final separation between good and evil. We're all choosing sides whether you realize it or not. Just go back and read whatever you've posted on this thread and you'll see which side you're on. I, for one, stand firm with the humanitarians (you know, the ones you guys refer to as the fairy dust and unicorn crowd). Together we will ALL reach the stars, while all of the individualists will be left behind to kill eachother.

I'm curious as to why you find it evil to be an "individualist"? Also, why must there be a division of the species?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Your judgement of a namaste crowd is based on your limited view and perception of your experience. To say we are not the same is merely a viewpoint from a limited stance. There are higher levels to perceive from and as we all know, we see where we stand. Let us not forget that Namaste is a greeting of oneness, where we all beings that possess a place inside of light, love, and truth; and if you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, there is only one of us. No conspiracy or agenda of brainwash here. The truth is the light.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
Nothing New ....Ganhdi....Jesus...All thought the samething...

But Ghandi and Jesus did not go around avoiding confrontation everywhere out of fear of being "offended" or "offending". On the contrary, Ghandi and Jesus went where the trouble was.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Wow! Nice topic. Funny how it got blasted right off the shelf from the beginning. I moved to long Island NY from Alaska a few years ago. One of the first big jobs that I did was to remodel a gym into a yoga studio for a company that outgrew their old place.

First off I want to say that I have always been interested in the spiritual mysteries in life, I grew up in Oklahoma and was brought up with a good education in the Native American Heritages. I have learned to have a sensitivity for the energy levels in people and have almost an ability to sense when a person is absorbing the energy of another person. I think that we all have these abilities to an extent and they are one of the first mechanisms we use when judging other people for the first time, whether it be subconscious or however. I have had some interactions with a few people that are almost like vampires in the way they draw energy from others. Sometimes in the form of attention, sometimes in action, manipulation etc.

I want to say here that when I first read the OP's comment, I did not detect any effort to instigate a fight. Rather it was an observation, I thought. I knew however after reading it that the thread would become a battle of wits from the start. This is a very interesting subject for me, as I became very close to the women in that yoga studio and have witnessed and been involved in some stuff that has opened my eyes and made me aware of something that is going on around us that is pure evil. I am not one to call anything evil, but there is not a better word to use that I can think of.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I thought that a big part of yoga was to try and put the reigns on your ego, at least that is what I have read in some of the current books on the matter. The women in that studio have some of the biggest egos that I have come across, they are all love and light. Some of them feed on men, they pick the kind that have an endless supply of calm and good energy, but the kind that can be taken easily, the victim types. They are totally uninclusive with the women who can not get into their crowd. The way to get in is to be very good at showering compliments to the extent of being gross about it. They talk about the other people in their community constantly, not always badly, but in a very judgmental way, usually showering compliments again. But when it is bad it is to the point where it effects the lives of others very negatively. A couple of women here have talked about a young man in town who was having some problems and they got him into a situation where he could not get help Because nobody was willing to help the kid. He ended up committing suicide. These women, who are supposed to be sensitive to "light" are using it up in evil ways and is very unnerving. On the contrary, shouldn't they be helping to heal the community instead of feeding off of it? Funny thing is I think that the owner of this studio is an angel, yet the things that are going on in her circle, I have wondered if she has knowingly picked a place to do battle in her life, by putting these negative elements right in front of herself. There are other groups around here as well that use the cover of "love and light" to create these circles of "enlightened" people who are nothing less than cults that use predatory business practices.

I am not going to lump anyone or any group into this negative observation that I have made, but be aware. There are people out there that are feeding off of other, weaker peoples in the community under this guise of "love and light". They do not want to talk about the things that make you aware. They close themselves off to a good portion of our reality and they do not want to see, because they do not want to get anywhere close to the truth. Just to add though, I have made another observation. I think that a good percentage of women in these groups that are negative have personality disorders as well, such as BPD and bipolar disorder.

Please, I do not want to offend anyone here, I think that being balanced, spiritual, grounded, and such things of this nature are good, and will, and can bring good health back into our lives. But it can be dangerous to play with this kind of energy. I agree with the OP in that there might be a trend here and it might be worth discussing.

Thanks
SnF

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix0714

love is superior in all ways, if you dont know it the good news is you have a chance to know it. But like the oil in the olive if you dont squeeze it you dont see it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
" The only difference is, they will throw a rose at you rather than beat you. The mindset is still the same. "
'

Took the words right out of my mouth . Great post ! I do agree ,

I've talked to many of them , and are into there own type of cult movement , yet they don't see it that way because the word cult is to negative

They call it unity within the source of the light or some nonsense like that ,

They do sugar coat certain things to more positive words just to rationlize them selfs , that they are on the right path .

But they are just tools like the rest of us , except they are in some self induced self rightous figured out the universe trance.

namaste to that

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

I have made another observation as well. I think that the construction guys that I work with are also full of love and light, even though all they talk about is beer and women. But I'm definitely not going to squeeze THEM to find out...

edit on 30-12-2011 by phoenix0714 because: add

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Well let's see where to begin. I guess first a disclaimer. I have read the OP but none of the replies, so please pardon any repetition from earlier posts.

You cast a pretty wide net there. I wouldn't have considered myself part of a "namaste" crowd, but I do use the term love and light often. Perhaps even in posts you have seen, so I'm just gonna go with the flow and accept your categorization for the time being. So I will take your OP and respond accordingly.

You probably noticed it there are more and more cases of people involved in ''love and light'' philosophy, telling everyone how good they are, etc.

Well I already stated that I happen to use the words love and light so I have to assume that you would consider that a philosophy - although I wouldn't characterize it that way. Here I have to stop and consider what you mean by “telling everyone how good they are.” I can read that both ways. Do you mean these pesky namaste people are telling others people that they (the other people) have inherent goodness? Probably not what you meant, although I see more of that then the other interpretation. Maybe I just pick out the best examples of positive attitude to notice. I bet you meant these namaste folks telling others of their own self goodness. Red flag for me there when I see that attitude, but since you bring it up again in a later section, I'll get to that in a bit.

The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand.

I have been called many things in my life, but I absolutely guarantee you that naive has never been one of them. As far as manipulation by forces go, I am very curious how you got to this conclusion. While I can only speak directly of my own experience, nothing could be further from the truth. I have built my own spiritual practice on a foundation of understanding, so I am also at a loss as to how to respond to that conclusion either. Perhaps examples could help me further if you would like to discuss. Feel free to include examples of any naivete on my part. Aah, discussion. That brings up the next point.

Whenever anyone wants to challenge them or discuss something of practical merit, they shut down and/or resort to passing judgment on others they view as ''less developed'' or ''those who still have not found the light''.

Challenge away and let's discuss, and I'll even let you choose the topic based on your judgement of whether it has practical merit. If you have encountered people in the past who have "shut down" or who have passed judgment, I would say welcome to ATS. Don't think any particular philosophy has a corner on the market in that one. I will add, however, that a sense of spiritual superiority and passing judgement on others is a personal clue to me that someone has a long ways to go before they see the light. But perhaps putting it that way annoys you. I digress. Let's move on.

The principle of equality is actually a fascist view of the world with a rosy face attached to it. You cannot discuss certain issues, because they are ''too negative'', everyone is ''equal'', we do not eat meat, etc.. not only does it seem dystopian, it also presents itself as another example of ''group-think'', the mindset which seriously limits one's horizons, leading to creation of rather dull people devoid of any passion. The only difference is, they will throw a rose at you rather than beat you. The mindset is still the same.

Lots of stuff in that there two sentences, so forgive me if I take it a phrase at a time. Fascism? Really?
Sure its a word that gets bandied around and its meaning can be interpreted differently, but I honestly looked it up in the dictionary to make sure my understanding of it was correct. Definition: Fascism
To go from the principle of equality to fascism is a leap beyond my ability to respond to within the limitations of a reply post. Moving on....

I have not seen issues left undiscussed because they are “too negative.” Yes, I believe everyone is “equal” which apparently in your mind makes me a fascist since it is a principle of equality and I see it as a good thing (“rosy face”) - darn it I slipped back into the last point.

Its news to me that I don't eat meat – my rib eye last week was medium rare, just the way I like it. This seems to point out a discrepancy in your categorization of “us” - which to me is more of a “group think” mindset than the example you are trying to make.

continued in next post.....

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
....continued from previous post

Now we get to being a dull person devoid of passion. Rememeber my comment in the opening of my reply, I can only assume from the context of your OP that you would most certainly lump me into this category of yours. So I do not take it personally as a slight at all, but honestly have to laugh at the generalization. I can only respond by saying I wish you had the opportunity to speak with anyone who knows me, even a little bit. Even the teeniest tiniest bit. Quite to the contrary, I have been accused of being an enigma, a firecracker and passionate beyond measure. But saying that I have been called many things, but never dull or devoid of passion might be seen as repetitive and dull, since I used the euphemism earlier. Don't want to go there, so I will again move on.

So I'm looking at this categorization of yours and I don't seem to fit it. At all. Not even a little. Yet there I am, talking about love and light sometimes. I have had the opportunity to meet and discuss a range of spiritual beliefs and topics with many who you seem to lump together – yet I have yet to talk to someone with the exact same understanding, experience and beliefs as I. In fact, when I do meet and talk with someone who has very similar beliefs, I consider it a rare treat and opportunity. This categorization of a “namaste” crowd that you so eagerly lump into an easy to define (but inaccurate) depiction is, dare I say it, the result of group think on your part from across the philosophical divide.

I will not close with one of my more common closing greetings, love and light and what not, because I would think it might seem a bit rude and forceful. Sort of an in your face kind of thing, which is not my normal style. I can't say namaste with any sincerity since it is not a greeting I ever use. So I will only say:

May the road rise up to greet you as you travel along the path.

Oh, and one last thing. I posted a thread yesterday with a suggestion that I thought might be something that could be helpful to you. I link it here in case your interested. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Good point. Maybe rather than Good & Evil, Duality & Unity? From my perspective, I don't see the other side ( does that sound right?) as 'Evil', but more as just still cool with duality. I for one am soooooooo freaking ready to move past duality.

Name-f*@kin'-sta-beyotches!

You will reach the stars? On your unicorns? That'll be an AWESOME spectacle! Better than Project BlueBeam

Really, man? I mean, really? I lay my heart and soul out there for the good of mankind and ATS & you come back with freaking unicorn crap?

Hey, no disrespect, it was funny, that's all

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
" The only difference is, they will throw a rose at you rather than beat you. The mindset is still the same. "
'

Took the words right out of my mouth . Great post ! I do agree ,

I've talked to many of them , and are into there own type of cult movement , yet they don't see it that way because the word cult is to negative

They call it unity within the source of the light or some nonsense like that ,

They do sugar coat certain things to more positive words just to rationlize them selfs , that they are on the right path .

But they are just tools like the rest of us , except they are in some self induced self rightous figured out the universe trance.

namaste to that

You are now going to experience the WRATH of NAMASTE God. Prepare

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Great thread!

I used to be a part of the "love and light" crowd. After a while I realized that as much as I thought I was developing spiritually, I was still part of a "group" (or an unofficial religion) that saw itself as enlightened and superior to others who were not as "enlightened". It really started bothering me, because these were the same beliefs those who follow organized religions attested to themselves. These so called people of the light still had egos, still sucked up to the people with the power, still sought attention to be special, still were trying to be the new Jesus in the white robes and could lead everyone to the light. Oh please. They were still consumed with themselves.Elitism and snobbery know no spiritual boundaries.

Seriously, there are as many paths to God as there are people on this planet. No one is above anyone else. Every religion has some elements of truth and the rest is BS, only each of us must decide what that BS and truth are. That takes trial and error, and in my opinion only, many lifetimes. My truth has come down to recognize that God is within all life, do the best I can, try not to give into fear and anger but get underneath them, help as many people as I can, help as many animals as I can, and try not to be so selfless that I forget that I matter too. Forgive. Have fun, lots of it and enjoy as much as this life as I can. And mostly, believe in love, but love enough to let go.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don't think it really matters what you believe in as long as you enjoy your life and treat others well. There is no one belief system that is known to be 100% "the way" which is why it's called faith.To each his/her own. It's very troubling to wittiness those who believe in any system to judge those who don't believe the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join