It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Namaste'' Crowd - Another Mind Control Layer?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest
Take Colleen Thomas. Her youtube channel is gone, it seems. Well, where is she? Where is this great LOVE AND LIGHT? How about Blossom Goodchild? How about a stream of others, who were proclaiming all those MARVELOUS changes and then just.. disappeared? Is this really credible? How can anyone take this stuff seriously. How can anyone even consider this stuff after all the BLATANT failures and hyperboles. Please.

I understand, just take whatever good advise they may have accidentally touched upon, and throw the rest of the bath water out.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Read everything, just don't fall for it.

Every experience we have helps us understand ourselves and others better.

The Celestine prophecy, the experiential guide was the best book I ever read in understanding human nature.

Why is it so important to control what others think or believe?

It is all about control.
edit on 033131p://bFriday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hey thanks! I was also wondering about what those blocked posts were all about- they came in right after I wrote my post. My first reaction was "Holy unicorn muffins- was it something I said?", but you are right- some of these threads get extremely volatile and we just have to take it in stride.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So is this thread an example of the best or worst of what ATS has to offer?

I am really torn on this one. I dig ATS for even having enough users that entertain the topic in question to create and generate a thread like this, but I also find it slowly but surely beginning the all too recognizable vortex into the abyss of all the other internet message boards and forums I've been a part of and am no longer (for good reason).

People cannot seem to be able to have a true discussion on the internet, it always turns into this neanderthalic beating of chests and hooo-hawwing. It is sort of tiresome.

For what it's worth, and to not completely become that which I despise, I will throw in my pence:

Don't be so quick to jam people into neat little boxes.
Are many of the "love-and-light-crowd" naive? Of course!
Are many of the "anti-love-and-light-crowd" (for lack of a better descriptor) also naive? Of course!
Does that make either one of them more "right" than the other? Of course not!
Does that mean that one "crowd" has more intelligence than the other? Of course not!
Does either "crowd" prove/disprove or promote/demote the NWO agenda? Not one more than the other.

Judging by the responses of the author of the OP, the thread feels like one which was created not to discuss but to elicit response. It seems that the hope was to get as many members of the "love-and-light" crowd as possible to react negatively and thus be backed into a "gotchya!" corner. Since you can't fit into the neat little love and light box and display any form of negativity without making the little box explode. Boring.

There is neither absolute proof nor disproof of God, spirits, aliens, light beings, illuminati, a nefarious NWO agenda (sorry but IMO presidents saying "new world order" in you tube clips is not proof, nor is it disproof), angels, reincarnation, life after death, souls, ET life, extra dimensional life, etc. etc. etc. etc.

So where does it get us to pretend that there is?

Keep an open mind, let life happen, influence it as you see fit, and let others do the same?

Namaste motha f**kas!
edit on 30-12-2011 by UdonNiedtuno because: grammar :/

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
Hey thanks! I was also wondering about what those blocked posts were all about- they came in right after I wrote my post. My first reaction was "Holy unicorn muffins- was it something I said?", but you are right- some of these threads get extremely volatile and we just have to take it in stride.

Yes, as always. You must understand, people are going to attack you no matter how civilized and polite you are, and they will attack you by reflecting their own insecurities back at you. In other words, someone who has a fragile ego will think you are insulting them; others will think you are misleading them.. and then you will have the ones who try to prove.. whatever they want to prove. Just start a discussion, try to exchange ideas, and if this does not work - ignore it. Good luck!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

I have noticed that also, indeed in many cases we can all get trapped in a whirlwind and not even realize it. The best thing really it to cut through the bull in whatever subject, the method one uses is another matter. Don't forget though the mind is always growing and expanding. It is the mind that can be brainwashed, hypnotised and confused. Its all tricks of the minds at the end of the day, even these words now. But to desire, love and peace is a wish of the heart, its superior in many ways. Only there are many minds that can not see this, they are blind to many aspects of reality. They are puffed up, interesting mushrooms.But that is all, so I say never mind over matter,lets dance and sing and celebrate.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UdonNiedtuno
So is this thread an example of the best or worst of what ATS has to offer?

I am really torn on this one. I dig ATS for even having enough users that entertain the topic in question to create and generate a thread like this, but I also find it slowly but surely beginning the all too recognizable vortex into the abyss of all the other internet message boards and forums I've been a part of and am no longer (for good reason).

People cannot seem to be able to have a true discussion on the internet, it always turns into this neanderthalic beating of chests and hooo-hawwing. It is sort of tiresome.

For what it's worth, and to not completely become that which I despise, I will throw in my pence:

Don't be so quick to jam people into neat little boxes.
Are many of the "love-and-light-crowd" naive? Of course!
Are many of the "anti-love-and-light-crowd" (for lack of a better descriptor) also naive? Of course!
Does that make either one of them more "right" than the other? Of course not!
Does that mean that one "crowd" has more intelligence than the other? Of course not!
Does either "crowd" prove/disprove or promote/demote the NWO agenda? Not one more than the other.

Judging by the responses of the author of the OP, the thread feels like one which was created not to discuss but to elicit response. It seems that the hope was to get as many members of the "love-and-light" crowd as possible to react negatively and thus be backed into a "gotchya!" corner. Since you can't fit into the neat little love and light box and display any form of negativity without making the little box explode. Boring.

There is neither absolute proof nor disproof of God, spirits, aliens, light beings, illuminati, a nefarious NWO agenda (sorry but IMO presidents saying "new world order" in you tube clips is not proof, nor is it disproof), angels, reincarnation, life after death, souls, ET life, extra dimensional life, etc. etc. etc. etc.

So where does it get us to pretend that there is?

Keep an open mind, let life happen, influence it as you see fit, and let others do the same?

Namaste motha f**kas!
edit on 30-12-2011 by UdonNiedtuno because: grammar :/

Hear, hear! I agree with you. It seems to me, starting threads on the Internet is indeed becoming more and more tiresome. In real life, you can just deal with misunderstandings as you go along, you SEE other people, you interact with them. It changes the nature of the interaction A LOT. People who are oh-so-cocky on the Internet suddenly turn into obedient little sheep when faced with their interlocutors. You summed it up well, all I can add is.. there was no agenda here. It's completely impromptu, off the cuff, what have you. I didn't expect to be surrounded by.... let's just stop here, shall wel. Cheers

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UdonNiedtuno

I actually am a pagan myself, and a firm believer in the magical nature of reality. I just don't go for utopianism or following ascended masters as these are the tools of tyrants and demogogues manipulating naive optimism.

I didn't get the impression that this thread was in any way intended as a wholesale condemnation of any belief system- it began with an excellent point about how the New Age community (like every other belief community) has been infiltrated in some aspects by the demogogues.

As a pagan magical thinker myself, I wasn't offended at all by it. It's the truth and certainly warrants a fair discussion.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What you are all witnessing here is the final separation between good and evil. We're all choosing sides whether you realize it or not. Just go back and read whatever you've posted on this thread and you'll see which side you're on. I, for one, stand firm with the humanitarians (you know, the ones you guys refer to as the fairy dust and unicorn crowd). Together we will ALL reach the stars, while all of the individualists will be left behind to kill eachother.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

To true. The OP claims to be neutral yet it seems all too clear he/she simply wants to fire everyone up by picking out the worst examples of what is ultimately a beautiful way of thinking possibly to generate a few extra stars and flags for their profile, and when truly challenged by well thought out arguments backs into the 'well thats not very very 'namastic' corner
edit on 30/12/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

To true. The OP claims to be neutral yet it seems all to clear he/she simply wants to fire everyone up by picking out the worst examples of what is ultimately a beautiful way of thinking possibly to generate a few extra stars and flags for their profile, and when truly challenged by well thought out arguments backs into the 'well thats not very very 'namastic' corner

Believe what you want. There are people on here who feel this is in no way offending anyone. I am inclined to support their point of view, because your personal feeling of ''offense'' is just that. If it was not my intention, then it wasn't.. after all, this is the intent that counts. We all have our flaws, just as you have done right now. You chose this part of a reply for a specific reason. But let's not go there. Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. People are different; and those who support ''love and light'' ought to know that all too well. Cheers

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
the issue with what love is, and how group think emerges is a tenuous one worth sorting out. What these new crowds are doing is not love, but a process of what appears at first absorption and assimilation, but is in fact a process of infection and domination. The Roman Empire was at it's most powerful when the diversity of its member states bolstered its economy and defenses. When the culture, religion, philosophy, and opinions of an individual are made subject unto and eventually obliterated by an outside source, such as a guru, church, or state, then the quality of the individual is little different from the quantity of meat they are composed of.

Mass produced humans make a good food source, and a good source of slave labor, but without individuality, they are many times inferior to cattle.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
reply to post by UdonNiedtuno

I actually am a pagan myself, and a firm believer in the magical nature of reality. I just don't go for utopianism or following ascended masters as these are the tools of tyrants and demogogues manipulating naive optimism.

I didn't get the impression that this thread was in any way intended as a wholesale condemnation of any belief system- it began with an excellent point about how the New Age community (like every other belief community) has been infiltrated in some aspects by the demogogues.

As a pagan magical thinker myself, I wasn't offended at all by it. It's the truth and certainly warrants a fair discussion.

That's exactly the point. Believe you me - if I wanted to offend people, I would. There's no point, however. And if someone STILL is offended by what he/she reads. Well. Just as in the ''real'' world - you simply cannot please everyone. Someone can like you because you remind them of their, I don't know - former partner. Then again, someone might NOT like you for that very reason. It's called projection. You can't attack an object of your hatred/etc. - you find a substitute and do it. Just like someone who comes back and lashes out on a kid because there were problems at work. Old, old story.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
What you are all witnessing here is the final separation between good and evil. We're all choosing sides whether you realize it or not. Just go back and read whatever you've posted on this thread and you'll see which side you're on. I, for one, stand firm with the humanitarians (you know, the ones you guys refer to as the fairy dust and unicorn crowd). Together we will ALL reach the stars, while all of the individualists will be left behind to kill eachother.

Good point. Maybe rather than Good & Evil, Duality & Unity? From my perspective, I don't see the other side ( does that sound right?) as 'Evil', but more as just still cool with duality. I for one am soooooooo freaking ready to move past duality.

Name-f*@kin'-sta-beyotches!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 247southland

Good point. Maybe rather than Good & Evil, Duality & Unity? From my perspective, I don't see the other side ( does that sound right?) as 'Evil', but more as just still cool with duality. I for one am soooooooo freaking ready to move past duality.

Name-f*@kin'-sta-beyotches!

You will reach the stars? On your unicorns? That'll be an AWESOME spectacle! Better than Project BlueBeam

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

To true. The OP claims to be neutral yet it seems all to clear he/she simply wants to fire everyone up by picking out the worst examples of what is ultimately a beautiful way of thinking possibly to generate a few extra stars and flags for their profile, and when truly challenged by well thought out arguments backs into the 'well thats not very very 'namastic' corner

Believe what you want. There are people on here who feel this is in no way offending anyone. I am inclined to support their point of view, because your personal feeling of ''offense'' is just that. If it was not my intention, then it wasn't.. after all, this is the intent that counts. We all have our flaws, just as you have done right now. You chose this part of a reply for a specific reason. But let's not go there. Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. People are different; and those who support ''love and light'' ought to know that all too well. Cheers

What offends me is your stereotyping of a very large cross section of people into one little box figure-headed by the worst that the love and lighters have to offer. You may as well define all Christians using the Westboro Baptist Church.

The reason I picked this little section of UdonNiedtuno's post is because it seems to sum up exactly what you're doing. I completely agree with everything he/she says in the rest of their post

And once again when challenged with a reasonable argument to the message you seem to champion on this thread you somehow imply my disagreeance with your short sighted stereotyping is somehow my problem and offer nothing intelligent in return, which in turn leaves me to conclude you are only here to to aggravate an unnecessary argument.

You say

People are different; and those who support ''love and light'' ought to know that all too well
yet you are quite willing to tar us all with the same brush. Seems somewhat hypocritical to me.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Some of us will reach the stars (maybe) it will, most likely, be in ships.

I don't think anyone will reach anywhere by watching their navel, because lots have already done that and it doesn't seem to work.

Old saying: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result".

What would you say the navel gazers are doing?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I thought Namaste crowd where simply fans of Lost? Am I missing anything ? .............

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Some of us will reach the stars (maybe) it will, most likely, be in ships.

I don't think anyone will reach anywhere by watching their navel, because lots have already done that and it doesn't seem to work.

Old saying: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result".

What would you say the navel gazers are doing?

Let's just hope they will indeed reach the stars and not end up like this poor animal

en.wikipedia.org...

In the process

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecossiepossie
I thought Namaste crowd where simply fans of Lost? Am I missing anything ? .............

A bit. It seems, well, it seems you're a bit LOST

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join