It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Namaste'' Crowd - Another Mind Control Layer?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

I am confused how someone can be so mad at people who show love and comassion? Are you in such a miserable state of mind that it makes you feel better to complain about something like that? I mean if you dont agree with something cant you keep it to yourself? Do you have to spread the negativity? I dont care for politics, but i dont start threads about how stupid everyone is for talking about politics. Its easier to just let them be. If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. This thread was started to argue about nothing. Pointless bickering.

I think you don't really get what the criticism is here. No one despises love and compassion, kindness and charity; not the OP, not anyone else. Problem is, what I call L&Ls (love-and-lighters) are not genuine in their profession of these things; it's all empty talk and no walk.

Another good example: Ca. 13 years ago, I used to go participate in a spiritual chat room quite frequently--LOVED the positive, welcoming attitude of all those spiritual people. Then, one day my car got stolen (or at least I thought it got stolen, but that's another story :lol
. I was in total despair; I needed a car to get to work and had no money to buy another one.

So I went into the chat room in search of an understanding shoulder to cry on. One female chatter named "Always Happy" (that should have told me something right here) told me flat-out that I was being ridiculous and shouldn't be upset at all... after all, "you should remember that the poor thief probably needed the car more than you did." If she'd been present, I probably would have strangled her.

I also wonder if she'd reacted the same way if it had been HER car that was stolen.
edit on 30-12-2011 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

people like that are pretty dumb if you think about it.

You are not supposed to be upset about your car...then THEY should not be upset about you being upset.

brilliant. people are way too opinionated over the silliest, non-nonsensical things... and then to condone stealing. how does that POOR thief know that you don't transport sick people in your car to the doctor?

the simplest principle escapes a lot of people.
edit on 30-12-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
This thread shows how much ATS members how dumb they can be. *sigh*

Oh, the irony.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest

Originally posted by seaside sky
reply to post by UdonNiedtuno

I actually am a pagan myself, and a firm believer in the magical nature of reality. I just don't go for utopianism or following ascended masters as these are the tools of tyrants and demogogues manipulating naive optimism.

I didn't get the impression that this thread was in any way intended as a wholesale condemnation of any belief system- it began with an excellent point about how the New Age community (like every other belief community) has been infiltrated in some aspects by the demogogues.

As a pagan magical thinker myself, I wasn't offended at all by it. It's the truth and certainly warrants a fair discussion.

That's exactly the point. Believe you me - if I wanted to offend people, I would. There's no point, however. And if someone STILL is offended by what he/she reads. Well. Just as in the ''real'' world - you simply cannot please everyone. Someone can like you because you remind them of their, I don't know - former partner. Then again, someone might NOT like you for that very reason. It's called projection. You can't attack an object of your hatred/etc. - you find a substitute and do it. Just like someone who comes back and lashes out on a kid because there were problems at work. Old, old story.

OP, I think calling this big bunch of group as naive is a little chest thumping on your part. You are basically insinuating that the Namaste crowd do not think for themselves, unlike you. So do not get surprised that there are a lot of offended people in this thread.

But I did like your response to other posts. I can sense that you are a good man still trying to find your self. You are unsure if the Namaste crowd is a good crowd to be in. I tell you, if I were to choose between hate-filled people and this love-sharing people, I will gladly go with the love-sharing people. Do not stereotype the Namaste crowd as someone who all follow Colleen Thomas or Blossom Goodchild. Generalization is never right.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
my thoughts on the subject.......
as spirits in the material world we grow up restricting our minds to language, shapes, etc through the help of our parents, school, and simple survival. at the same time we are taught to project our own greatnesss onto external objects and people.....like at christmas when children act 'good' for presents or in school when students strive for 'good' grades.....anyhow- as adults this is manifest through materialism, including spiritual materialism. the things people cling to remind them of themselves and by constantly amassing and ingesting and spending they can avoid the reality of the fact they really have no permanent soul. the 'love and light' crowd are basically spiritual materialists who grab hold of any philosophy or idea that makes them feel better at that moment. oh yeah- did i mention they are so victimized that they think their emotions are more important than your freedoms.
it's hilarious to think that this crowd is some kind of evolution of spirituality- everything you've ever needed to hear to be enlightened was said thousands of years ago by at least 10 different people. if anything this group is a de-volution into Zoroastrianism where anything besides the light was EVIL EVIL EVIL

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
reply to post by chr0naut

And you are the one speaking of ignorance eh?

Seems to me you are completely ignorant to what meditation is. I bet you never seriously achieved higher states of consciousness through it, right? If you did, you wouldn't have said that, because technology cannot recreate the higher states of consciousness meditation brings. Technology (materialism) is directly opposed to meditation (soul development/spirituality).

From all I've seen, you are the one speaking of ignorance and close-minded people...but it looks like it's just what you're showing here.

As for competition, no one doubts it can bring humanity farther. But think 2 seconds about full cooperation. I'm talking about real cooperation here. We'd be much farther in our development if everybody on Earth were working together instead of against. Just think at how much is held back by the military. Do you have any idea how much is hidden from the public because they need to keep an advantage on other countries? This is your great competition. Fact is that without these stupid killing wars, we'd probably already have free energy, anti-gravity, and etc. These technologies exist but are hidden from the public, mostly because of wars.

Humans killing other humans, call me brainwashed, but I don't see any good coming out of this. I don't see what is so wrong about being love. To me, the brainwashing is more about suppressing this love through Hollywood, News, TV, videogames, etc. Do you see THAT much love spreading from the corporations? The news...all we see is bad news bad news bad news. Iran to get attacked by the US, Israel killing palestinians, disasters disasters...

Oh and by the way, I haven't been brainwashed into believing love is better than fear and hate. I have discovered that through many spiritual experiences, and it is only once you experience the unconditional love that you see that it is the ultimate answer.

So everybody's living in competition and not so much in love. We have advanced (though I wouldn't necessarily agree with that) as a civilization. Have we ever lived in a world of full cooperation? How can you say for sure competition is better than cooperation? It seems kind of naive to hold these opinions so firmly...

As I see it, wars are only a sign of immaturity of the human race. Once we get rid of greed, anger, and wars, the world will be going so fast we can't even imagine.

You are right, I have never achieved higher states of consciousness through meditation. I have achieved altered states, though. (I utilize beautiful words and phrases from the bible as my 'mantra' and ask that the Holy Spirit will reveal to me some deeper truth as I meditate and pray).

Others have also achieved such altered states through drugs, implanted electrodes or magnetic stimulation, this is the technological route that you deny.

The question I'm asking is; are ANY of these states higher consciousness, or merely altered or degraded?

Please look with some rationality on the accumulated experience of the human condition and tell me if you have seen any indication that a spiritual or esoteric path is likely to lead you anywhere other than where others have also unsuccessfully trod.

... and just to be clear, I'm not talking moral choices or beliefs in God, I'm talking spiritual development.

- How are you going to develop?

- What will you achieve?

- What is the time-frame?

- Have others achieved the same goals by the same methods?

If you can't answer these questions (even to yourself) then you are talking and living in a 'fairy-dust and unicorns' type of fantasy and when you finally wise up, you will likely be embittered & jaded.

I don't think spiritual, emotional, political, social and personal goals are a bad thing, but you will never achieve them by abrogating the responsibility of personal action and activism.

Have a plan, have a goal, set reasonable steps to their achievement and DO IT!

It is not selfish to be self determining and self actualized.

To do nothing when there is so much need IS selfish.

Make peace! Be the light!

edit on 30/12/2011 by chr0naut because: I love to be clear in what I express but I rarely am on first pass.

edit on 30/12/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by chr0naut

Consciousness is primary because without it there would be nothing known/seen. When consiousness is removed nothing is experienced. Without experience what would there be?
The people watching the unconscious body/mind are conscious.

I'm following this convo between you and chr0naut - riveting stuff.

Was just wondering if you could clarify something for me, at least in your own terms.

What would you say the difference between self-awareness and consciousness is? Thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

There is a time for beating, and a time for loving. To be only one is to be cut from reality.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

You probably noticed it there are more and more cases of people involved in ''love and light'' philosophy, telling everyone how good they are, etc. The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand. Whenever anyone wants to challenge them or discuss something of practical merit, they shut down and/or resort to passing judgment on others they view as ''less developed'' or ''those who still have not found the light''. The principle of equality is actually a fascist view of the world with a rosy face attached to it. You cannot discuss certain issues, because they are ''too negative'', everyone is ''equal'', we do not eat meat, etc.. not only does it seem dystopian, it also presents itself as another example of ''group-think'', the mindset which seriously limits one's horizons, leading to creation of rather dull people devoid of any passion. The only difference is, they will throw a rose at you rather than beat you. The mindset is still the same.

"I'll instigate I'll free your mind I'll show you what I've known all this time God Hates Us All!" This is a statement that I truly believe makes us all equal.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Well said! I have been saying the same things for years. I have several friends who have become involved in these New Age cult-like movements. Your description of their reactions to any kind questioning or attempts at trying to interject some real-world logic into a conversation is classic. It's kind of scary really how a persons mind can be shut down with a dollop of New Age gobbledy-gook, a spoon-full of psuedo-science, mixed with a liberal pinch of misunderstood ancient religious philosophy.

I'm not sure which is worse really: extremist Muslims, Christian fundamentalists, or New Age crazies. It must be wonderful to fantasize your life away - but one day one has to wake up and deal with the real world - with all it's inherent evils AND natural beauty. Warts and all....

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I had to look Namaste on Wikipedia to find out what it actually meant...

"Namaste is derived from Sanskrit and is a combination of two words, "Namo Aste". In detail, "Naman Astitva" means the recognition of one's existence by another person. In other words, when one says "Namaste" to another it means "I salute or recognize your presence or existence in society and the universe."

I see nothing about equality. Instead I see common understanding for each others place in the universe. Everyone is their own unique part of it, and everyone should have an understanding that allows others to flourish.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Imagine life as a river, not the flowing water but, from bank to bank. Now imagine those stones that you will use to cross this river represent different ideologies. There are several to choose from and the path you could take will vary depending on your choice. Right now there are several people on that stone representing what you are speaking about. It is popular but, not everyone chooses it. Although they seem to have chosen a different path from you does that make them any less because theirs was different from yours?

The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand.

What is manipulating them? If you have something that can help them please present it.

Whenever anyone wants to challenge them or discuss something of practical merit, they shut down and/or resort to passing judgment on others they view as ''less developed'' or ''those who still have not found the light''.

Not everyone is balanced as they cross. You are going to meet those that do not fully embrace that which they "claim". It happens.

Everyone is equal in the beginning. As we journey/struggle though life differences emerge. Those that state equality are just trying to recapture the purity that we once had at birth. Practical? Maybe not. Noble? If their hearts are pure, yes.

In a world that presents constant conflict it is nice to see people willing to group together in a positive manner. I hope those that embrace what you have found offensive find a positive way to convey their feelings towards you.

If you are attacked by those claiming allegiance to this group then it becomes obvious they are either off balance in their crossing or just simply lost.

Lastly,

not only does it seem dystopian, it also presents itself as another example of ''group-think'', the mindset which seriously limits one's horizons, leading to creation of rather dull people devoid of any passion.

I fail to understand your derision of group-think? There have been many bad examples of it, yes. However, if people can come together with a common philosophy that actually helps them grow, I do not see a reason to condemn them as limited.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Interesting theory.

I wonder, why do you feel so threatened by these folks?

Also, how are so sure they haven't come to the choice to be as positive as possible only because they have lived a life full of negativity and no longer want to perpetuate that type of existence?

Namaste, btw, means something akin to "The God in me recognizes and bows to (respects) the God that is in you." There is not really an exact translation to English.

Personally, I don't understand what the big deal is. There are all types of people in the world who believe in all types of things... they will exist whether or not we agree with them. Live and let live, and create your own philosophy from watching how other people live.
edit on 12/30/2011 by ottobot because: typing too fast

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Two comments:
First only the most ruthless survive. One who will lie, cheat and steal to survive will make it in any society. Don’t believe me? Look around you when you are at work. Who gets the better raises? Who seems to be immune to all accountability?

Second, it's possible that the "Namaste crowd" will be the next millennium’s Christianity.

-subfab

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Does love hurt you the same as a beating?
Are you insulted by love?

google "kindness that can kill"

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

You probably noticed it there are more and more cases of people involved in ''love and light'' philosophy, telling everyone how good they are, etc. The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand. Whenever anyone wants to challenge them or discuss something of practical merit, they shut down and/or resort to passing judgment on others they view as ''less developed'' or ''those who still have not found the light''. The principle of equality is actually a fascist view of the world with a rosy face attached to it. You cannot discuss certain issues, because they are ''too negative'', everyone is ''equal'', we do not eat meat, etc.. not only does it seem dystopian, it also presents itself as another example of ''group-think'', the mindset which seriously limits one's horizons, leading to creation of rather dull people devoid of any passion. The only difference is, they will throw a rose at you rather than beat you. The mindset is still the same.

You cannot say that.

It breaks their world and all the magic sparkles on the unicorns turn out to be carcinogenic.

and we are left with unicorns that vomit rainbows.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate

I am confused how someone can be so mad at people who show love and comassion? Are you in such a miserable state of mind that it makes you feel better to complain about something like that? I mean if you dont agree with something cant you keep it to yourself? Do you have to spread the negativity? I dont care for politics, but i dont start threads about how stupid everyone is for talking about politics. Its easier to just let them be. If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. This thread was started to argue about nothing. Pointless bickering.

I think you don't really get what the criticism is here. No one despises love and compassion, kindness and charity; not the OP, not anyone else. Problem is, what I call L&Ls (love-and-lighters) are not genuine in their profession of these things; it's all empty talk and no walk.

Another good example: Ca. 13 years ago, I used to go participate in a spiritual chat room quite frequently--LOVED the positive, welcoming attitude of all those spiritual people. Then, one day my car got stolen (or at least I thought it got stolen, but that's another story :lol
. I was in total despair; I needed a car to get to work and had no money to buy another one.

So I went into the chat room in search of an understanding shoulder to cry on. One female chatter named "Always Happy" (that should have told me something right here) told me flat-out that I was being ridiculous and shouldn't be upset at all... after all, "you should remember that the poor thief probably needed the car more than you did." If she'd been present, I probably would have strangled her.

I also wonder if she'd reacted the same way if it had been HER car that was stolen.]

What you may not have noticed sylvie is the fact that the OP lumps everyone who believes in notions of love and light into the category and then puts them down in what has pretty much turned into some sort of hippy bashing thread against all those who have a slightly positive spiritualist slant. That includes people such as yourself, me and many others here who are quite obviously not naive or manipulated. He or she then continues to ignore all opportunities to prove they are actually interested in intelligent discussion by ignoring any criticism which goes against their obvious agenda to provoke negativity and have a chuckle while invoking childish comments about unicorns and stardust.

Everyone has encountered the naive types that you mention in your example, just as most have come across some irate fundie or a greedy capitialist, and no one here is advocating blindly following a set of beliefs without first questioning everything. What I disagree with here is the quite obvious stereotyping which doesn't do anyone any favor and certainly doesn't further the cause of intelligence or logic in this world.

So prove me wrong survivaloftheslickest. You have already shown yourself to be clearly not 'neutral' and

...there was no agenda here. It's completely impromptu

indeed you do have an agenda.

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickestThis is merely a free exchange of ideas, and - it seems - not everyone understands this notion,

Ridiculing people is not a 'free exchange of ideas'

I am not guilty of anything, this is not a court of law. I had to stereotype, we are talking about a bunch of people, after all - a consensus, if you will. Consensus does lead to stereotyping.

Taking the most extremist examples and using that as your stereotype is not a smart thing to do if you are truly interested in intelligent discussion. Stereotyping is always a dangerous practice and will only ever lead to bigotry, as you are beginning to prove right here.

--------------

So are you a hypocrite? Or are you just completely ignorant of what the terms 'agenda' and 'free exchange of ideas' mean?

If not then maybe you should actually reply to a few of my posts here, here and here in a slightly more meaningful way or Open2Truth's or NorEaster's or UdonNiedtuno's............ or indeed anyone who seems to offer a slightly different point of view than the one which you display.

edit on 30/12/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying
Great thread!

I used to be a part of the "love and light" crowd. After a while I realized that as much as I thought I was developing spiritually, I was still part of a "group" (or an unofficial religion) that saw itself as enlightened and superior to others who were not as "enlightened". It really started bothering me, because these were the same beliefs those who follow organized religions attested to themselves. These so called people of the light still had egos, still sucked up to the people with the power, still sought attention to be special, still were trying to be the new Jesus in the white robes and could lead everyone to the light. Oh please. They were still consumed with themselves.Elitism and snobbery know no spiritual boundaries.

Seriously, there are as many paths to God as there are people on this planet. No one is above anyone else. Every religion has some elements of truth and the rest is BS, only each of us must decide what that BS and truth are. That takes trial and error, and in my opinion only, many lifetimes. My truth has come down to recognize that God is within all life, do the best I can, try not to give into fear and anger but get underneath them, help as many people as I can, help as many animals as I can, and try not to be so selfless that I forget that I matter too. Forgive. Have fun, lots of it and enjoy as much as this life as I can. And mostly, believe in love, but love enough to let go.

Exactly -- I'm speaking from experience as well. I dealt with ''love and light'' individuals on a constant basis, sometimes still do, and yes, they seem to be friendly and helpful, but I knew some of them before and their thought patterns just.. switched off. They regurgitate ''proof'' by citing websites supposedly in contact with inter-dimensional entities, etc., etc... and when things don't go their way, they shut down and meditate.

They are nice, polite and all, but can also be incredible back-stabbers, all in the name of ''love and light'', of course.. this is a huge cult in the making, and I'm not saying this lightly, it's based on experience (unfortunately). They DO have positive qualities, of course they do have them, but, overall.. something deeply sinister is developing here and we'll be seeing where it takes us soon, I'd wager...

Did you see the guy who'd started a separate thread on here, claiming we just don't understand? The thread was shut down. Then he called someone on here, ''eurotrash'' or something like that. What more can be said.

Yep, I saw this. They can't see it yet. I couldn't either when I first discovered 'the light' and all the entitlement that went with it...it took me years to get off my high horse, lol.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

I see no thieves or cheats with anything special.

Money, wealth, fame... It's all so very small. The fact that we think such things are important is what makes us so pathetically weak.

It's so sad.

People actually teach their children that wealth is important.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
love and hate are both natural emotions to a human being. i tend to judge people by the amount of truth and passion they have rather than if they wish well for others. cus the more passion the more love and hate someone is capable of producing.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Yeah, I agree with "survivaloftheslickest", acceptance of what is obviously not true, is a truly dangerous path.

Yet so many seem to follow it because "someone who knows" mouths "niceness" words.

"Love and light", but they wouldn't go out of their way pee on someone if they were on fire.

edit on 30/12/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join