It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Namaste'' Crowd - Another Mind Control Layer?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest
You probably noticed it there are more and more cases of people involved in ''love and light'' philosophy, telling everyone how good they are, etc. The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand.

I don't think they are manipulated by any force other that the natural self centredness of youth. I'm afraid it's all same old same old. My generation had the hippy movement of the 60s. It was all 'love and light' then. Each generation thinks it has invented something. Young people in particular have yet to grasp they are just one of trillions of beating hearts and minds, each seeing the world from their individual perspective. They have yet to grasp that it's all been done before.
Just now we have the indigo nonsense. It's 'Ooh I'm special, I'm an empath, I feel peoples pain'. The fact is there have always been some folks who are more sensitive than others - just as some are artistic, musical, athletic, academic... No one is more special than another. There is room for all types. And thank goodness there is. Ultra sensitive types, while they may care deeply for you, can be very wearing.

edit on 30-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You probably noticed it there are more and more cases of people involved in ''love and light'' philosophy, telling everyone how good they are, etc. The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand. Whenever anyone wants to challenge them or discuss something of practical merit, they shut down and/or resort to passing judgment on others they view as ''less developed'' or ''those who still have not found the light''. The principle of equality is actually a fascist view of the world with a rosy face attached to it. You cannot discuss certain issues, because they are ''too negative'', everyone is ''equal'', we do not eat meat, etc.. not only does it seem dystopian, it also presents itself as another example of ''group-think'', the mindset which seriously limits one's horizons, leading to creation of rather dull people devoid of any passion. The only difference is, they will throw a rose at you rather than beat you. The mindset is still the same.

I hear this across the board. This behavior is not reserved for any one system of belief. Life is perspective get it, forget it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying
Great thread!

I used to be a part of the "love and light" crowd. After a while I realized that as much as I thought I was developing spiritually, I was still part of a "group" (or an unofficial religion) that saw itself as enlightened and superior to others who were not as "enlightened". It really started bothering me, because these were the same beliefs those who follow organized religions attested to themselves. These so called people of the light still had egos, still sucked up to the people with the power, still sought attention to be special, still were trying to be the new Jesus in the white robes and could lead everyone to the light. Oh please. They were still consumed with themselves.Elitism and snobbery know no spiritual boundaries.

Seriously, there are as many paths to God as there are people on this planet. No one is above anyone else. Every religion has some elements of truth and the rest is BS, only each of us must decide what that BS and truth are. That takes trial and error, and in my opinion only, many lifetimes. My truth has come down to recognize that God is within all life, do the best I can, try not to give into fear and anger but get underneath them, help as many people as I can, help as many animals as I can, and try not to be so selfless that I forget that I matter too. Forgive. Have fun, lots of it and enjoy as much as this life as I can. And mostly, believe in love, but love enough to let go.

Exactly -- I'm speaking from experience as well. I dealt with ''love and light'' individuals on a constant basis, sometimes still do, and yes, they seem to be friendly and helpful, but I knew some of them before and their thought patterns just.. switched off. They regurgitate ''proof'' by citing websites supposedly in contact with inter-dimensional entities, etc., etc... and when things don't go their way, they shut down and meditate.

They are nice, polite and all, but can also be incredible back-stabbers, all in the name of ''love and light'', of course.. this is a huge cult in the making, and I'm not saying this lightly, it's based on experience (unfortunately). They DO have positive qualities, of course they do have them, but, overall.. something deeply sinister is developing here and we'll be seeing where it takes us soon, I'd wager...

Did you see the guy who'd started a separate thread on here, claiming we just don't understand? The thread was shut down. Then he called someone on here, ''eurotrash'' or something like that. What more can be said.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalThought
I hear this across the board. This behavior is not reserved for any one system of belief. Life is perspective get it, forget it.

Absolutely, but the thread had to focus on someone, and this group seems to be one of the few left relatively untouched, thinking they are just not like that.. as you rightly pointed out, they are exactly like that. Just like everyone else.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yeah I've stumbled across a few of these people, usualy on the "FREE ENERGY GET IT HERE" threads that essentialy turn out to be a collection of hour long youtube videos about how I can discover my strong confident women and be a goddess or some such trite.

Kinda deceitful practice for people promoting whatever mind soul energy hokum they believe, seems all abit culty to be honest, but then I guess they gotta have a selling point in something they know people are interested in to lure them in.

When questioned though they usualy just talk in child like riddles or insult you, strange.

Not entirely sure who there Leader Bean is, but im fairly suspicious[unless i get a robe]

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

You probably noticed it there are more and more cases of people involved in ''love and light'' philosophy, telling everyone how good they are, etc. The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand.

I don't think they are manipulated by any force other that the natural self centredness of youth. I'm afraid it's all same old same old. My generation had the hippy movement of the 60s. It was all 'love and light' then. Each generation thinks it has invented something. Young people in particular have yet to grasp they are just one of trillions of beating hearts and minds, each seeing the world from their individual perspective. They have yet to grasp that it's all been done before.
Just now we have the indigo nonsense. It's 'Ooh I'm special, I'm an empath, I feel peoples pain'. The fact is there have always been some folks who are more sensitive than others - just as some are artistic, musical, athletic, academic... No one is more special than another. There is room for all types. And thank goodness there is. Ultra sensitive types, while they may care deeply for you, can be very wearing.

edit on 30-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

Oh yes, ultra sensitive types, if you don't cater to their every whim will scream and shout, throw tantrums and DEMAND proper treatment... they are ''royalty'', after all.. and many parents applaud this logic, because their children are so special, they came from the stars, you see...

''My child is so special!'' says a mother.
''Yes, your child is unique, he is here to change the world!'' replies a para-psychologist.
''You make me feel so Namasterious!'' says the mother. ''When could I schedule another appointment?''
''Oh, soon!'' replies the expert. ''Let's settle this first, however: will it be cash or credit?''

edit on 30-12-2011 by survivaloftheslickest because: na

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Oh Heart! What hurt hath built a wall round thee
When did love become the enemy
That unrequited came undone
And left a world so barren

My love lays bleeding rosy red
It's cruel thorns smite my weary head
Oh if only I had understood
Would I have ever pledged my love

This walking coffin of stardust flesh
That does my sacred soul enmesh
Is no longer pleasing to your eyes
And it is my soul forlorn that crys

Above the rooftops of the town
A pair of doves flutter down
As the light of the world grows ever dim
My eyes transfixed turn to Him

Whom gazed into my soul and I "Got it"
His unconditional love, His spirit
Unspoken now let it suffice
This love is not a sacrifice.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The ''love and light'' group-think association is suffering from what I call the ''extremism'' syndrome. You have people who are so practical they become slaves of the five-sense reality; then, you have people who are completely ''out there'' with only a few strings attached to the material world, for lack of a better term. Only a few seem to connect both and get ''the best of both worlds''. This is the problem. Why? As 2012 approaches, you will see both concrete-minded sheep and the ones who are the ''love and light'' kind of sheep, experiencing a more and more discrepant reality of their own making.

I contend the concrete sheep will go more and more into ''denial'' mode, while the ''love and light'' crowd is going to believe they are entering another DIMENSION, in many cases resulting in mass suicides (Heaven's Gate-style), to take them to that DIMENSION of pure love.

The mass suicides will be used by TPTB as an excuse to further curtail our freedoms and - indeed - even lead to FEMA camps. In essence, the ''love and light'' crowd will have created a situation, whereby they enslave others while believing to the contrary.

They are very dangerous people indeed, not because of what they believe per se, but because of their inaction and passivity providing an excuse to strike by TPTB.

Wow...now that is a revelation!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The ''love and light'' group-think association is suffering from what I call the ''extremism'' syndrome. You have people who are so practical they become slaves of the five-sense reality; then, you have people who are completely ''out there'' with only a few strings attached to the material world, for lack of a better term. Only a few seem to connect both and get ''the best of both worlds''. This is the problem. Why? As 2012 approaches, you will see both concrete-minded sheep and the ones who are the ''love and light'' kind of sheep, experiencing a more and more discrepant reality of their own making.

I contend the concrete sheep will go more and more into ''denial'' mode, while the ''love and light'' crowd is going to believe they are entering another DIMENSION, in many cases resulting in mass suicides (Heaven's Gate-style), to take them to that DIMENSION of pure love.

The mass suicides will be used by TPTB as an excuse to further curtail our freedoms and - indeed - even lead to FEMA camps. In essence, the ''love and light'' crowd will have created a situation, whereby they enslave others while believing to the contrary.

They are very dangerous people indeed, not because of what they believe per se, but because of their inaction and passivity providing an excuse to strike by TPTB.

Wow...now that is a revelation!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

Does love hurt you the same as a beating?
Are you insulted by love?

It depends on what your version of love is. I've seen the kind of love that ends up killing people when they choose not to reciprocate.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
In the end, each of us will die. And when we do, what we'll embrace as real will be what we've created as expectation. For some, it will be a positive experience, even if completely delusional, and yet, as perception-centric beings, once the reality-anchors have been removed, what is experienced as real will be as real as real can ever be for that which will forever exist as a perception-centric observer.

If the "love and light" thing causes one to love and to be compassionate, then what's the problem? If it causes one to be competitive and ego-centric, then - again - what's the problem. Such a person would find competition and self-aggrandizement within whichever discipline he/she chose to embrace.

As far as the upsetting issue of radical personality changes, everyone that's ever shaken off the shackles of their family's and friend's imposed self-definition has upset "the folks" with their "new way of being". Whether it's college (and brand new scruffy little beards appearing on once clean-shaven boyish faces) or this "love and light" navel gazing response to "what the hell has gotten into you?", it's all part of what a person does when finally released from the smothering blanket of their hometown persona. The ones who never leave, never upset anyone with a radical transformation of behavior and/or general interests. Their changes happen slowly and in front of everyone who's ever bothered to directly mold them.

Namaste is a greeting. Just a greeting. It's Hindu, and while that might freak out a middle-class Christian mom if her boy or girl starts tossing it around, the person has always had the right to seek out their ultimate emotional/psychological expression, and the duty to ensure that it nurtures the identity that each is compelled to craft during corporeal life. Relentless and highly focused competition is the killer, and if saying Namaste somehow clicks in someone's mind as being a social weapon to be used against others, then that's not the greeting's fault. That malignancy belongs to the mind itself. Hell, Christianity is miles worse when it comes to overt and unbridled competition.

I think that all the Hindu narratives are just plain adorable, and having blue cartoon characters for gods isn't the worse foolishness I've ever encountered. I don't know. Believing one version of wrong is no worse than believing another. Both are wrong. In the end, it won't matter much to whatever it is that is being worshiped. Hell, if it doesn't exist, then what's the difference?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

You probably noticed it there are more and more cases of people involved in ''love and light'' philosophy, telling everyone how good they are, etc. The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand. Whenever anyone wants to challenge them or discuss something of practical merit, they shut down and/or resort to passing judgment on others they view as ''less developed'' or ''those who still have not found the light''. The principle of equality is actually a fascist view of the world with a rosy face attached to it. You cannot discuss certain issues, because they are ''too negative'', everyone is ''equal'', we do not eat meat, etc.. not only does it seem dystopian, it also presents itself as another example of ''group-think'', the mindset which seriously limits one's horizons, leading to creation of rather dull people devoid of any passion. The only difference is, they will throw a rose at you rather than beat you. The mindset is still the same.

Namaste (Devanagari: नमस्ते; formal: Namaskar/Namaskaram) is a common spoken valediction or salutation originating from the Indian subcontinent. It is a customary greeting when individuals meet, and a valediction upon their parting. A non-contact form of salutation is traditionally preferred in India and Namaste is the most common form of such a salutation. In Nepal, younger persons usually initiate the exchange with their elders. Initiating the exchange is seen as a sign of respect in other hierarchical settings.

When spoken to another person, it is commonly accompanied by a slight bow made with hands pressed together, palms touching and fingers pointed upwards, in front of the chest. This gesture, called Abhinandan,[1] Añjali Mudrā or Pranamasana, can also be performed wordlessly

en.wikipedia.org...

[COLOR=GOLD]

Now with that 1 cannot see your issue with individuals taking time to show respect or even LOVE to each other on the ATS boards ON EA* OR OUT IN THE COSMOS??? There is nothing wrong with those of us who tend to use this word and it REALLY makes no sense to try and talk bad about a what IS a positive movement. If there is some cult negative related influence witnessed by you I haven't seen it. I tend to use it when I close on some comments here and there depending on the comment. LOVE and LIGHT the issue??? 1 still does not see the LOVE / LIGHT can be related to LIGHT WORKERS influences here upon Earth if you feel they exist OR NOT. And from what I have personally experienced some of them seem to be good energy trying to heighten others around them to help them advance SPIRITUALLY NOT DEGRADE THEM FOR NOT BEING POTENTIALLY AS BRIGHT AS OTHERS, that kind of reverses the process, for it shows signs of EGO and EGO weighs heavy or dense on the SPIRIT which causes the spirit to vibrate on a LOWER FREQUENCY. SO yes you may have encountered some who may be seeking enlightenment or HIGHER FREQUENCY VIBRATION, but during their journeys and experiences of things others may not experience or understand they may have developed EGOS feeling different -segregated- detached from those who cannot see. This is something they must OVERCOME DURING THEIR JOURNEY, and if they are truly seeking to resonate on a HIGHER FREQUENCY THEY WILL EVENTUALLY RECOGNIZE THIS EGO FAIL AND FIX IT. I don't think its fair you OR ANY OTHERS aimed your energies at them in the way you have instead of seeking things out for yourself THROUGH MEDITATION AND PATIENCE. ANYONE CAN SEEK AND BEGAN TO WANT TO VIBRATE ON HIGHER FREQUENCY ITS ALL BASED OFF OF POSITIVE INTENTS!!!! SO YOU CAN TOO!? I hope you do recognize the POWER related to the minds if ALL working COLLECTIVELY towards positive outcomes AS 1. Take care survivaloftheslickest, and good luck with seeking or understanding better that its not ego or zombie like mental control ITS REALITY SOME VIBRATE ON NEGATIVE LOWER LEVELS WITHIN THIS ENTIRE* UNIVERSE AND OTHERS VIBRATE ON HIGHER FREQUENCY LEVELS WITHIN THIS ENTIRE UNIVERSE ON VARIOUS DIMENSIONAL PLAINS*

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

[/COLOR]

edit on 12/30/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Wow...someone set you a..fire!

No disrespect to the love and light crowd...as I wish that for all of us. However, I do not like the fact that now it has become commercialized and is a control mechanism...

Love and light...choose sides...blah blah...I'm just going to lay low...throw on some cool tunes...sitting on the dock of the bay or something...and ride it out....y'all can fight it out!

BTW...for all the divinely inspired....there is no armaghedon...in the divine world...only in our dualistic world...Why would they have a reason to fight anything????

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Don't worry.

I'll pray for you.

Unless you don't want me to.

Love and light for you anyway.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Anyway there are many other mindless stereotypes that we can all think up. Endorsing the opposite of love is fine. As boys we dreamed of war until the reality hit us. Go andf ask most (honest) veterans of Vietnam.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Can't be bothered.

Each to their own. Post removed.
edit on 30/12/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It takes more energy to hate and it takes more guts to love.

I think it's a shame that all we ever do is find ways to separate ourselves. All this gibberish about The Powers That Be....who needs them when we divide and conquer each other on a daily bases?

I show everyone respect until they prove they don't deserve it; then I leave them be.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The ulimate prize is peace and contentment.
Everyone is looking for happiness.

Then in my perspective that would be Paganism....No Avatars of Salvation...just the love of the Earth and the Moon and the Stars...you can't go wrong with that.

Ok...Then again if everything is energy...and we are all energy forms...and entrained by some etheric energy source...including our planet...where does that leave us as a person or a personality????

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The principle of equality is actually a fascist view of the world with a rosy face attached to it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

reply to post by chr0naut

So man has advanced to this perfect existance through competition, is it perfect then in your opinion?
Your life may be advanced because of war but as a species how do you think we are doing?

No, it isn't perfect. but it gets incrementally better as the general populace struggles for their bit.

Will the next step in human evolution be because we just sat there and let the marshmallowy sweetness of love slowly overtake us into higher planes of consciousness, or will it be part of a technological struggle to create a more marketable and desirable product that has better haptic control than those old clunker tech objects of last year? What if next years xPhone was wearable and the year after was applied to the skin like a transfer and controlled by thought. Then the next years one allowed us to send emotions and sensations as well as sight & sound. We'd already be achieving what the meditating monks have been trying for, for milennia (without much success).

And you are the one speaking of ignorance eh?

Seems to me you are completely ignorant to what meditation is. I bet you never seriously achieved higher states of consciousness through it, right? If you did, you wouldn't have said that, because technology cannot recreate the higher states of consciousness meditation brings. Technology (materialism) is directly opposed to meditation (soul development/spirituality).

From all I've seen, you are the one speaking of ignorance and close-minded people...but it looks like it's just what you're showing here.

As for competition, no one doubts it can bring humanity farther. But think 2 seconds about full cooperation. I'm talking about real cooperation here. We'd be much farther in our development if everybody on Earth were working together instead of against. Just think at how much is held back by the military. Do you have any idea how much is hidden from the public because they need to keep an advantage on other countries? This is your great competition. Fact is that without these stupid killing wars, we'd probably already have free energy, anti-gravity, and etc. These technologies exist but are hidden from the public, mostly because of wars.

Humans killing other humans, call me brainwashed, but I don't see any good coming out of this. I don't see what is so wrong about being love. To me, the brainwashing is more about suppressing this love through Hollywood, News, TV, videogames, etc. Do you see THAT much love spreading from the corporations? The news...all we see is bad news bad news bad news. Iran to get attacked by the US, Israel killing palestinians, disasters disasters...

Oh and by the way, I haven't been brainwashed into believing love is better than fear and hate. I have discovered that through many spiritual experiences, and it is only once you experience the unconditional love that you see that it is the ultimate answer.

So everybody's living in competition and not so much in love. We have advanced (though I wouldn't necessarily agree with that) as a civilization. Have we ever lived in a world of full cooperation? How can you say for sure competition is better than cooperation? It seems kind of naive to hold these opinions so firmly...

As I see it, wars are only a sign of immaturity of the human race. Once we get rid of greed, anger, and wars, the world will be going so fast we can't even imagine.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Watch how many times you stereo type others. Using words to box others only segregates yourself.

That is a good quote...respect is given when the thoughts are true...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join