It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Namaste'' Crowd - Another Mind Control Layer?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
Oh Heart! What hurt hath built a wall round thee
When did love become the enemy
That unrequited came undone
And left a world so barren

My love lays bleeding rosy red
It's cruel thorns smite my weary head
Oh if only I had understood
Would I have ever pledged my love

This walking coffin of stardust flesh
That does my sacred soul enmesh
Is no longer pleasing to your eyes
And it is my soul forlorn that crys

Above the rooftops of the town
A pair of doves flutter down
As the light of the world grows ever dim
My eyes transfixed turn to Him

Whom gazed into my soul and I "Got it"
His unconditional love, His spirit
Unspoken now let it suffice
This love is not a sacrifice.

Very nice!

“This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.”
― Rumi

“Ignore those that make you fearful and sad, that degrade you back towards disease and death.”
― Rumi

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest
You probably noticed it there are more and more cases of people involved in ''love and light'' philosophy, telling everyone how good they are, etc. The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand. Whenever anyone wants to challenge them or discuss something of practical merit, they shut down and/or resort to passing judgment on others they view as ''less developed'' or ''those who still have not found the light''. The principle of equality is actually a fascist view of the world with a rosy face attached to it. You cannot discuss certain issues, because they are ''too negative'', everyone is ''equal'', we do not eat meat, etc.. not only does it seem dystopian, it also presents itself as another example of ''group-think'', the mindset which seriously limits one's horizons, leading to creation of rather dull people devoid of any passion. The only difference is, they will throw a rose at you rather than beat you. The mindset is still the same.

I know exactly what you mean. I lived in Sedona, AZ, the New Age Mecca of the Southwest, for more than two years. At first I was extremely impressed how loving and spiritual those people were, but soon enough my roommate and I started seeing behind the "love and light" facade and further on called them the "bull# people."

Most of them seem very loving and spiritually advanced, but once you get to know them better, they're very much about talking the talk but not walking the walk. One example: There was a guy I knew, R., who considered himself a spiritual teacher and preached all day long at the local hangout. He always humbly said that he was only "doing God's work" and loved to throw out lines like "The heart is the key, and the key is the heart," a wisdom that had been revealed to him one day when he took a walk in the desert.

On the other hand, that same guy, instead of getting a job, would find gullible women to support him financially because he was too busy doing "God's work" to actually get his hands dirty. He treated those women like slaves; they had do his bidding and serve him like a king, and they weren't allowed to go anywhere by themselves because his pathological jealousy wouldn't allow for them having a life of their own.

He also had a seven-year-old daughter from a previous marriage who lived in town, but he was too busy doing "God's work" to ever visit her or come up with the child support he owed. He didn't even call her on her birthday. What an ass. Last I heard of him was that he had figured out that he was the reincarnation of the Hopi's legendary "Great White Brother" and was going to make his way to Hopiland to introduce himself.

He might have been one of the most extreme examples, but he was really just one of many. I noticed that all those "loving, spiritual people" would vanish immediately as soon as you'd have a REAL problem and needed someone to talk to. Let's say you were totally broke or going through a horrible divorce or some such, they'd immediately shut down because they didn't want to expose themselves to such "negative vibes."

At last I figured out that their "love and light" demeanor was just another form of escapism. What I learned from my psychological and spiritual studies is that you can't become "whole" until you take a good, hard look at your own Shadow (in the sense of C.G. Jung) and learn to integrate these not-so-nice elements into your being and work on changing them from a place of acceptance. Unfortunately there's nothing the "love and lighters" are more scared of than their own Shadow sides, and they would do anything to avoid having to acknowledge that they even exist.

Even more unfortunate, the L&Ls make extremely easy prey for what I call the "Dark Side" (my term for what others might call demons, evil spirits, etc.). On the one hand, many L&Ls engage in spiritual practices to "raise their consciousness/vibration," to "communicate with ascended masters," and so forth. These practices can turn a person into a virtual beacon in the murky landscape of zombie humans as which the Dark Side might perceive this earth plane. On the other hand, due to their total denial of anything dark or negative, the L&Ls are usually not well protected against potential onslaughts from the Dark Side and thus present easy pickings for astral villains. I could tell you stories...

So, in conclusion, yes, I think we need more love, compassion and goodwill on this planet... but not in the zombie-like fashion the L&Ls present. We all need to be more discerning and reasonable at the same time. Head in the clouds and feet firmly planted on the ground is the right mix, IMO.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
...just as a very brief reply:

If someone claims to be *enlightened* there's probably a high chance they're still living in the dark shadow of their own ego.

Those that I'd personally view as enlightened...and bearing in mind I am by no means any Enlightenment Authority or anything...don't need to say what is so readily seen...and felt...

...would have thought one of the facets of enlightenment would have been acquiring a decent bit of humility...but again, I'm by no means any expert on it...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I haven't bothered to read all of this thread as I do not have time to read 11 pages of a "yes/no"-based argument. So, if I go over anything that has already been discussed please feel free to ignore this post.

I think the problem, at least from what I have observed, is that you have a very narrow and convoluted look at this supposed "crowd". For starters, quit labeling them as a "love & light" group and just start labeling them as a "love" group. That will probably help lessen some of the apparent judgement you have towards them. The words "love and light" hold a lot of considered "kookyness" behind them and it is easy to come to rash conclusions. I understand.

Also, there is an extreme ignorance being projected when you generalize everyone who believes in the aspect of love above all and light (which is essentially love in a physical manifestation, according to theory, and proves to be rather redundant in the quote "love and light") as falling victim to these claims you have made.

Obviously, there are a lot of people out there that have no clue what they are talking about and are simply falling into the fad of being a "hippie". There are a lot of ignorant people that make these "love and light" claims. To make a statement such as "I am a lightworker." is just another piece of information that ultimately reinforces your ego's false sense of identification, which is the exact opposite of what a "lightworker" would want. Sure, all these things are true and you are right in being weary around a foolish person who makes such asinine claims.

However, there are plenty of people who's beliefs would line-up with those who make these claims and would probably be labeled as the same individual. That does not mean they hold the same moron and naive mindset as the ones who blindly preach about love with no ability to support their case. There are a lot of "good" ones out there that would, unfortunately, be grouped up with these same people and we see evidence of that here in the claims being made in this thread. I can't believe I actually saw somebody post that "the love and light group is a cult in the making". This isn't Jonestown, folks. It is about manifesting peace and love in times where we are so accustomed to negativity that we feel more comfortable with our sufferings.

You claim that this work is really just a statement of fascism. Well, for people to make a claim that love needs to strive would mean that there is suffering in the world to over-come. Meaning: there is obviously a struggle between both sides (e.i not fascism). Let's take away all the people advocating love. What are you left with? Nothing but people who suffer. Now that sounds a lot more likfe fascism and communism to me.

Another claim I saw made in this thread: "Look at the advancements made by mankind through war and competition." It is pretty hard to make that judgement without having a time of prolonged peace to compare it to. The world is ever evolving and has been at war for a very long time. They both just simply exist together, not because of one or the other. Let's look at the Ancient Library of Alexandria: It was burned down because of political, religious, and war-fueled reasons. Historians say the burning of said library has set mankind back any where from 800 to 2000 years in advancement. Can you only imagine if we still possessed that library?

Look at the world around you. It hasn't changed in a very long time. It has always been the same negativity filled world full of suffering and misery. Of course, it is purely the mind that perceives things in dualist form and creates these opinions of suffering. However, do you really think acting like everyone else, following the same patterns as everyone else, and agreeing that the world needs to stay just how it has always been, what with its smothering of suffering, is going to change any thing? No.

It's time to wake up; break away from these close-minded views of the world. You can advocate negativity all you wish if you want. It is merely going to provide you with the same rewards as everyone else. You reap what you sow.

Regardless of people coming off as looking nutty or arrogant with their love/light claims, at least they are trying to break away from the corruption in this world. God forbid the "good" ones for not conforming to society.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

I am confused how someone can be so mad at people who show love and comassion? Are you in such a miserable state of mind that it makes you feel better to complain about something like that? I mean if you dont agree with something cant you keep it to yourself? Do you have to spread the negativity? I dont care for politics, but i dont start threads about how stupid everyone is for talking about politics. Its easier to just let them be. If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. This thread was started to argue about nothing. Pointless bickering.

I think you don't really get what the criticism is here. No one despises love and compassion, kindness and charity; not the OP, not anyone else. Problem is, what I call L&Ls (love-and-lighters) are not genuine in their profession of these things; it's all empty talk and no walk.

Another good example: Ca. 13 years ago, I used to go participate in a spiritual chat room quite frequently--LOVED the positive, welcoming attitude of all those spiritual people. Then, one day my car got stolen (or at least I thought it got stolen, but that's another story :lol
. I was in total despair; I needed a car to get to work and had no money to buy another one.

So I went into the chat room in search of an understanding shoulder to cry on. One female chatter named "Always Happy" (that should have told me something right here) told me flat-out that I was being ridiculous and shouldn't be upset at all... after all, "you should remember that the poor thief probably needed the car more than you did." If she'd been present, I probably would have strangled her.

I also wonder if she'd reacted the same way if it had been HER car that was stolen.
edit on 30-12-2011 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
I am sad for you OP.

That you feel that wishing others positive things is somehow an exercise of the brainwashed means you have taken critical thinking to its most negative connotation.

It is one thing to have your own beliefs, another to negate someone else's.

'Namaste' is simply a word meaning the light within me is honored to recognize the light within you.

If that offends you, or allows you to think that the purveyors of that sentiment are brainwashed, perhaps you should reevaluate your own attitude towards life a bit.

It harms none to be positive, even in the face of the world's negativity. Being optimistic is not a sign of naivete, nor some weakness of mind.

Without optimism, nothing is possible. WIth it, everything is.

Peace, love light and groovy unicorn moonbeams to you, weary traveler.

Namaste.

Don't be sad Jimnuggits...Like the OP...we've run the gammit...we've done the whole 9 yards...I and maybe OP are now enlightened...beyond the awakening....

No disrespect at all intended. We see...we understand and know...the truths....It has taken me a long journey to even come back around to this point....That's not to say that I don't agree with the wonderfulness of the proposition of the Love and Light....I just don't want it to be an agenda or a political worldly ploy...

I would love it to be really an awakening and a throw back to non-governemental involvement....and if we truly are evolving...we should have the power to govern ourselves...not some big UN..governmental agency that promotes this.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
True transformation doesn’t come on a bed of light, feathers, and peace; at times it comes on a bed of suffering, poverty, and death.

I was lost in neo-agism for a while, and only felt increasingly estranged as I delved into the vacuous nonsensicality of it it all. At its center, the logic completely breaks down.

Aside from the claims of this movement being all over the place, filled with too many spiritual authorities (ascended masters, ET's, beings of light, etc,.) all heralding opposing messages ... the basic philosophy tries to sequester fundamental human experiences into categories that just don't exist. There is no either/or - there is only both/and.

We are at once: violent, benign, beautiful, ugly, creative, mundane, loving, hateful, kind, cruel, noble, corrupt, turmoiled, content, apathetic, passionate, wearied, determined, scared, brave, intelligent, idiotic, mistaken, wise, prideful, humble, greedy, giving, fallen, and redeemable beings.

Ignoring one sphere of the human ethos in an attempt to embrace the other just isn't how it works.

edit on 30-12-2011 by followtheevidence because: clarification

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest
You probably noticed it there are more and more cases of people involved in ''love and light'' philosophy, telling everyone how good they are, etc. The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand. Whenever anyone wants to challenge them or discuss something of practical merit, they shut down and/or resort to passing judgment on others they view as ''less developed'' or ''those who still have not found the light''. The principle of equality is actually a fascist view of the world with a rosy face attached to it. You cannot discuss certain issues, because they are ''too negative'', everyone is ''equal'', we do not eat meat, etc.. not only does it seem dystopian, it also presents itself as another example of ''group-think'', the mindset which seriously limits one's horizons, leading to creation of rather dull people devoid of any passion. The only difference is, they will throw a rose at you rather than beat you. The mindset is still the same.

I know exactly what you mean. I lived in Sedona, AZ, the New Age Mecca of the Southwest, for more than two years. At first I was extremely impressed how loving and spiritual those people were, but soon enough my roommate and I started seeing behind the "love and light" facade and further on called them the "bull# people."

Most of them seem very loving and spiritually advanced, but once you get to know them better, they're very much about talking the talk but not walking the walk. One example: There was a guy I knew, R., who considered himself a spiritual teacher and preached all day long at the local hangout. He always humbly said that he was only "doing God's work" and loved to throw out lines like "The heart is the key, and the key is the heart," a wisdom that had been revealed to him one day when he took a walk in the desert.

On the other hand, that same guy, instead of getting a job, would find gullible women to support him financially because he was too busy doing "God's work" to actually get his hands dirty. He treated those women like slaves; they had do his bidding and serve him like a king, and they weren't allowed to go anywhere by themselves because his pathological jealousy wouldn't allow for them having a life of their own.

He also had a seven-year-old daughter from a previous marriage who lived in town, but he was too busy doing "God's work" to ever visit her or come up with the child support he owed. He didn't even call her on her birthday. What an ass. Last I heard of him was that he had figured out that he was the reincarnation of the Hopi's legendary "Great White Brother" and was going to make his way to Hopiland to introduce himself.

He might have been one of the most extreme examples, but he was really just one of many. I noticed that all those "loving, spiritual people" would vanish immediately as soon as you'd have a REAL problem and needed someone to talk to. Let's say you were totally broke or going through a horrible divorce or some such, they'd immediately shut down because they didn't want to expose themselves to such "negative vibes."

At last I figured out that their "love and light" demeanor was just another form of escapism. What I learned from my psychological and spiritual studies is that you can't become "whole" until you take a good, hard look at your own Shadow (in the sense of C.G. Jung) and learn to integrate these not-so-nice elements into your being and work on changing them from a place of acceptance. Unfortunately there's nothing the "love and lighters" are more scared of than their own Shadow sides, and they would do anything to avoid having to acknowledge that they even exist.

Even more unfortunate, the L&Ls make extremely easy prey for what I call the "Dark Side" (my term for what others might call demons, evil spirits, etc.). On the one hand, many L&Ls engage in spiritual practices to "raise their consciousness/vibration," to "communicate with ascended masters," and so forth. These practices can turn a person into a virtual beacon in the murky landscape of zombie humans as which the Dark Side might perceive this earth plane. On the other hand, due to their total denial of anything dark or negative, the L&Ls are usually not well protected against potential onslaughts from the Dark Side and thus present easy pickings for astral villains. I could tell you stories...

So, in conclusion, yes, I think we need more love, compassion and goodwill on this planet... but not in the zombie-like fashion the L&Ls present. We all need to be more discerning and reasonable at the same time. Head in the clouds and feet firmly planted on the ground is the right mix, IMO.

Excellent Analysis

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
True transformation doesn’t come on a bed of light, feathers, and peace; at times it comes on a bed of suffering, poverty, and death.

I was lost in neo-agism for a while, and only felt increasingly estranged as I delved into the vacuous nonsensicality of it it all. At its center, the logic completely breaks down.

Aside from the claims of this movement being all over the place, filled with too many spiritual authorities (ascended masters, ET's, beings of light, etc,.) all heralding opposing messages ... the basic philosophy tries to sequester fundamental human experiences into categories that just don't exist. There is no either/or - there is only both/and.

We are at once: violent, benign, beautiful, ugly, creative, mundane, loving, hateful, kind, cruel, noble, corrupt, turmoiled, content, apathetic, passionate, wearied, determined, scared, brave, intelligent, idiotic, mistaken, wise, prideful, humble, greedy, giving, fallen, and redeemable beings.

Ignoring one sphere of the human ethos in an attempt to embrace the other just isn't how it works.

A heart sheathed from pain is closed to love.

Big applause to you. Couldn't have said it better.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Yes...we cannot deny our nature! For some made up Spirituality that will transport us to another dimension..

Nature is one of the Universal Laws..you cannot deny it!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

No, but life definied as zombified adherence to some imaginary principles does seem a tad odd, if you ask me. Your life, your choice

You are talking about Christianity right?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

Thank you!

Second line

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Um, I haven't read past about page 3, but....

Namaste is derived from Sanskrit and is a combination of two words, "Namo Aste". In detail, "Naman Astitva" means the recognition of one's existence by another person. In other words, when one says "Namaste" to another it means "I salute or recognize your presence or existence in society and the universe."

How does this equate to "love and light"? How does it mean anything except "you are a fellow human being"?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
In the end, each of us will die. And when we do, what we'll embrace as real will be what we've created as expectation. For some, it will be a positive experience, even if completely delusional, and yet, as perception-centric beings, once the reality-anchors have been removed, what is experienced as real will be as real as real can ever be for that which will forever exist as a perception-centric observer.

If the "love and light" thing causes one to love and to be compassionate, then what's the problem? If it causes one to be competitive and ego-centric, then - again - what's the problem. Such a person would find competition and self-aggrandizement within whichever discipline he/she chose to embrace.

As far as the upsetting issue of radical personality changes, everyone that's ever shaken off the shackles of their family's and friend's imposed self-definition has upset "the folks" with their "new way of being". Whether it's college (and brand new scruffy little beards appearing on once clean-shaven boyish faces) or this "love and light" navel gazing response to "what the hell has gotten into you?", it's all part of what a person does when finally released from the smothering blanket of their hometown persona. The ones who never leave, never upset anyone with a radical transformation of behavior and/or general interests. Their changes happen slowly and in front of everyone who's ever bothered to directly mold them.

Namaste is a greeting. Just a greeting. It's Hindu, and while that might freak out a middle-class Christian mom if her boy or girl starts tossing it around, the person has always had the right to seek out their ultimate emotional/psychological expression, and the duty to ensure that it nurtures the identity that each is compelled to craft during corporeal life. Relentless and highly focused competition is the killer, and if saying Namaste somehow clicks in someone's mind as being a social weapon to be used against others, then that's not the greeting's fault. That malignancy belongs to the mind itself. Hell, Christianity is miles worse when it comes to overt and unbridled competition.

I think that all the Hindu narratives are just plain adorable, and having blue cartoon characters for gods isn't the worse foolishness I've ever encountered. I don't know. Believing one version of wrong is no worse than believing another. Both are wrong. In the end, it won't matter much to whatever it is that is being worshiped. Hell, if it doesn't exist, then what's the difference?

Oh...Nor...you make me laugh once again!....Whether you know it or not...you have a sense of humor!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
divided by ego, I can't stop laughing..

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Thank you for the lovely and unexpected compliment.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

why is everything slightly religious the newest "mind control" device there is? Anything that doesn't say "Man, you go do whatever the hell you want don't worry about how it will affect others " is wrong, has to be right. I get that religion can spread hate but only if it is misinterpreted or used by 'bad men' Religion-ALL RELIGION-at it's core is good just as we as people at our core are good it's the influences on our lives that make us 'bad' same with religion. Forgiveness is where the 'bad' goes away.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
We are all the same... Protons, Neutrons, Electrons, Gluons and Quarks.

What makes someone "better" than anyone else? # that.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Just my opinion but there are 2 types of people in this world. Those that like the smell sight and sound of their own rectum and those who want to face reality with all its visceral beauty.

The group that walks around like left overs from the 60's flower power movement seem to live in a fantasy world where positive thoughts will save them.

You see whats happened here is all this wealth and prosperity has given these people the luxury to walk around in a fantasy world filled with unicorns and vampires that glitter.

Throw these same people into the slums of Rio or even the slums of India for a couple of years and then see how much love and light they sing about.

Basically they people are still children in the head. refusing to grow up and acknowledge that the world that was told to them in fairy tales were just that..stories.

The world has its beauty dont get me wrong i see it everyday. But the human race as a whole is not part of that beauty. Individuals yes as a species we are screwed.

And by last count i do believe the insane outnumber the sane 100 to 1.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This thread shows how much ATS members how dumb they can be. *sigh*

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join