It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AntiSec and Anonymous release 860,000 Accounts and 75,000 stolen Credit Cards from STRATFOR hack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaworu
It begins! Glad I'm off tomorrow. Love to see how this trickles through the media monster. Now regarding the released files. It was mentioned to be government officials and staff but movie stars?

Honestly, it could be anyone. 860k accounts is a huge list - I wouldn't be surprised if someone from every walk of life is listed. I expect mass media will pick up on this later tonight or first thing in the morning.

What would be interesting I think is if Mass Media completely ignores this. Then I might put more credence to the False Flag operation theories...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

One of the things that worries me about this:

"...the hacker group, Anonymous, had once threatened to expose Los Zetas (the most powerful Mexican drug cartel) after they had kidnapped a member of their group. Los Zetas has learned to use location features on cell phones to track down enemies, such as two bloggers who had regularly criticized them (Los Zetas) on the Internet. The two journalists were killed as a warning to others."

Los Zetas also runs a "massive ID theft ring ... stealing money globally after hacking into bank and credit card accounts." Their 2010 take was estimated to be about 4.5 Billion USD.

source: law.rightpundits.com...

There is something very strange about this latest "Anonymous" caper. It's known that Los Zetas has kidnapped an "Anonymous" hacker before. Only one hacker? And the ultimate purpose?

AuranVector

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Really? See number 13.'s 'vulgar word'. Hinting toward a non "official" written article. Yes, it is mostly in technical writing. Do you REALLY think they can't write like that?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Makes ya wonder who and why is faking it!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Perhaps its a motive to snare the downloaders and sweep up a good amount of anon followers. In so doing, sending out a message to anyone else who still wishes to hack with anon. That seems a bit more realistic of an approach since more and more post keep hinting to tptb's involvement with this release.
Perhaps idk.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaworu
Perhaps its a motive to snare the downloaders and sweep up a good amount of anon followers. In so doing, sending out a message to anyone else who still wishes to hack with anon. That seems a bit more realistic of an approach since more and more post keep hinting to tptb's involvement with this release.
Perhaps idk.

That and/or the MSM/TPTB/what have you... really enjoy confusion to be bestowed on everyone, as their favored dis info tactic.
edit on 29-12-2011 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

These scipt-kiddie idiots are falling right into the trap of TPTB and are going to get the Internet shut down for everybody-epic fail.....

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes
The thing is.. as great as it is supposed to be to them, It has just opened the door for complete censorship and monitoring of the net.

In the late 90's there was a global legal attempt to make the ISP's responsible for all content. It failed as it is an inhuman task.

Here in Holland (and I would guess the rest of the EU), all telecom providers are now required by law to retain call data, meaning the number you called, what time and on what day, at least, plus the websties you visited. Purely for possible governmental perusal you understand, should the need arise...

Then there was the DMCA. Fourth time lucky?

edit on 29/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Addition/correction

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This is the internet version of 9/11 I'm afraid. Especially once someone gets hurt due to the info released, they will have all of the reason they want for SOPA and every other violation you can think of.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

It was the canary in the coal mine.

Doesnt supprise me for those that support the locking down of the internet to store a few things completely unencrypted for the purpose to policy shifting.

As always the puppet masters win because the puppets are stupid.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You know.... I don't understand exactly what it is that Anon hopes to accomplish, here.

It seems a little hypocritical. Anonymous can be anonymous... but they seem to have little discretion in terms of releasing account information. Compound that with their recent trend of releasing credit card information....

I don't really enjoy the idea that these individuals would, had they the opportunity, release my account and credit card information from a business (that may have acquired that information in a corporate takeover/merger). Seems fairly draconian.

"This is why we can't have nice things."

I believe that's the appropriate line.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I disliked anon before but this made me really disrespect 'anonymous'. You do NOT mess with peoples' credit cards! I don't care who they are, you don't mess with someone's credit cards and personal information like that.

I dislike what the govt has turned into as much as the next person but my god. Really? REALLY??? Many many many folk are going to be arrested and tossed in Prison for decades once they're found out. Don't care who you are - you go online, the FBI, CIA etc CAN find out and WILL find out who you are. It's not that hard to get an ip address and find the company you do the net from and then get the company to give your address and stuff.

Good lord. Anonymous just gets more and more .... ugh. The teen crackers that have the time to do this. What are their parents DOING?? (and yes, everyone knows anon are all teens who play like they're huge hackers. They are on /b/ for pete's sake. That's like teen age internet hang out site from what I hear. Guess one or two got lucky hacking into the govt net. Feel sorry for em, gonna be locked up for at least 30 years.)

Seriously, I'm glad I'm awake enough to stay out of little online gangs like Anonymous. I have always pictured a group of six to a dozen pimply faced teen boys around 14 to 17 gathered in one pals basement making the vids and trying to look 'cool' and 'threatening'. They do crack me up.

Sorry, they really screwed with me on ebay when they pulled that little shenanigans with paypal. I was unable to pull my money out due to the down time, etc. Children have no right messing with regular people. I mean picking on the govt is fine, but don't do something that will get you in prison with a record for life.

I'm truly just babbling really. I don't pay too much attention to anon. Anyone who hangs out on /b/ is no one to take seriously. xD

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Yea this has we are now screwed good bye internet freedom written all over it...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Forgot to add.

It's not going to do crap to post ppls CC's online.
You use it, you're going to prison.

Same with bad checks. write one for even one penny and it's a felony.

So we have tons of numbers for CC's. Big whoop. Only an idiot would USE the CC's which are not theirs. Only a true complete idiot who did not know better. You use it ONCE, it's in a system for being stolen, bam, the store you use it at lets the authorities know and bam. Felony and in prison.

Sorry to be cynical and knock down anon's ''efforts'', but they really mean nothing at all. Nothing.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

If this is Anonymous and not some group in the government hiding under the "Anonymous" name then they don't give two hoots about the credit card numbers.

Their main reason is to send a message and to do it for the lulz (do it for laughs). Also, it will create a bit of havoc which is part of the whole sceme. It is exactly what they want if they have thought it out far enough.
edit on 30-12-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: Green and italic.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

True true. Just I bet one or two of em are going to 'Hey, let's use these CC's and go buy cars and this and that, trolololol!" and they'll be in prison.

I get they want to help the world and destroy the gov't and stupid laws and stuff but um..... they're doing it wrong. I see anything about them lately and just think "Herp deee derp". And that's sad. It really is.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

"Here's to being opinionated!"

It's time for a change, and it is coming.
edit on 30-12-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: Green and italic.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
This can't be good for boosting the public opinion of anonymous or raising support for Bradley Manning. It also stinks of extortion. I expect to wake up one day, in the near future, only to find that the government has placed severe restrictions on the internet.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
love it.. I believe that www.stratfor.com... is down and out ;-P

However.. from wikipedia.. en.wikipedia.org...

Shortly after the alleged hacking, Anonymous sent out a press release denying responsibility for the hacking. "This hack is most definitely not the work of Anonymous."[18]

edit on 30-12-2011 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
A lot of surprises are about to come soon
but as usual, nones listen the sent warnings, even on ATSn nones listen

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join