It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AntiSec and Anonymous release 860,000 Accounts and 75,000 stolen Credit Cards from STRATFOR hack

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Bloody hell I am in the list. That list is confirmed and valid. I'll be watching everything closely.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Stratfor is an open source intelligence agency, publishing daily reports on data collected from the open internet.

I am a freelance current affairs copywriter and researcher, and I subscribed to their reports for a year, using my Visa card. I found their analyses very useful for my own articles. I checked their resources and came across many websites and online public reports I have since added to my own library.

Now. Can someone please tell me why it is OK for Anonymous or any other hacker's group to withdraw money from my Visa account. Do they not care that they are stealing money from a small, hard working but struggling freelancer trying to keep her head above water?

They have made themselves judges, and passed sentence on my 'crime' of having availed myself of StratFor's excellent services.

I am very sorry these thieves have targeted a very useful provider of information that is otherwise hard to come by. In fact, I would go as far as to say that StratFor provided me with more useful information than ATS.

Can everyone do me a favour and form their opinions AFTER they have done their research?

PS I wonder which charities were the lucky beneficiaries of the funds withdrawn from my Visa account. I sure hope Anonymous has vetted their accounts, intentions and efficiency before 'donating' my stolen money to them. And how much money was stolen in total I wonder.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
i don't know why people care if your credit card info is stolen. all major credit cards have anti-fraud security and it's their responsibility to prevent fraud, not yours.

no credit card co. will ever make you pay a purchase you didn't make.

edit on 30-12-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BooBetty

Obviously, if you have had money wrongfully withdrawn from your account you can contact your credit card company and have them reverse the charge.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Lol, I had the file after five minutes of it being uploaded

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I only found out about my Visa account having been interfered with after the Dutch government's forensic digital fraud department alerted me by email the next day. Not Visa. And StratFor sent me an apology by email the day after that.

To say it doesn't matter ignores the fact that:
- all financial losses (either direct losses or through higher insurance rates) are recouped by Visa by charging higher rates
- my personal details are published without my permission
- I GET ANGRY WHEN PEOPLE THINK THEY CAN TOUCH MY PROPERTY
- it is still theft

Or would you say it is OK to steal someone's car or break into their house because, hey, the insurance will pay for the damage???

edit on 30-12-2011 by BooBetty because: typing error

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Just sounds more like a control issue than anything. No real harm done, right?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Just sounds more like a control issue than anything. No real harm done, right?

Yep, no real harm done, I mean, it's only someone's personal stuff being stolen, money they may not have being removed from their bank account, meaning other customers will have to pay a little extra in VAT and other taxes to recoup the losses.

How can you say it's no real harm done when even if she or anyone else who has money stolen after credit card fraud like that is handed back by the company or government or whoever, it's still a severe invasion of personal property.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
You have to love the creativity and delusion of most conspiracy theorists.

So, when the MSM don't cover a story like this, it reinforces your beliefs that thousands of media outlets worldwide, and millions of their employees, are all part of this amorphous and nebulous cabal of the ''TPTB'' and the ''NWO'' who attempt to stifle news stories.

I mean, this couldn't possibly be to do with news organisations prudently keeping the easily accessible, illegal releases of credit card data away from the temptation of their none the wiser viewers/readers, now could it ?

edit on 30-12-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Your credit card company will reverse the charges. As far as personal information, if you were truly worried about security there are many services and things you can do to protect yourself, regardless of who has your information. Take LifeLock for example, they guarantee their security so much that you can practically write your SSN number on a piece of paper and give it to a stranger and there is nothing they can do about it.

Security is only relevant to the minds that are trapped in the ideology of a non-free world, which is everyone. Security insists upon itself. If we lived in a free world then none of your personal information would matter. Of course, we don't, but that is the goal.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
You have to love the creativity and delusion of most conspiracy theorists.

So, when the MSM don't cover a story like this, it reinforces your beliefs that thousands of media outlets worldwide, and millions of their employees, are all part of this amorphous and nebulous cabal of the ''TPTB'' and the ''NWO'' who attempt to stifle news stories.

I mean, this couldn't possibly be to do with news organisations prudently keeping the easily accessible, illegal releases of credit card data away from the temptation of their none the wiser viewers/readers, now could it ?

edit on 30-12-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

I know the feeling and even if they weren't hiding it from those who may be tempted, there's really no need to report it and frighten people into not spending money or rushing the banks in case they were affected by the hacks.

If the MSM did report it, theorists on ATS would call it scaremongering but if they didn't then suddenly the MSM is part of the "Elites".

They're called mainstream media for a reason by the way, it's because the "fringe" sites go on hearsay, rumour and unverified sources. That's why it's shortened from "lunatic fringe".

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
reply to post by curious7

Your credit card company will reverse the charges. As far as personal information, if you were truly worried about security there are many services and things you can do to protect yourself, regardless of who has your information. Take LifeLock for example, they guarantee their security so much that you can practically write your SSN number on a piece of paper and give it to a stranger and there is nothing they can do about it.

Security is only relevant to the minds that are trapped in the ideology of a non-free world, which is everyone. Security insists upon itself. If we lived in a free world then none of your personal information would matter. Of course, we don't, but that is the goal.

It would help if those things you mentioned were available outside the US then.

Thing is though, in an ideal world we'd have the security stuff but wouldn't have to worry about extra security to protect our money just because some immature people decided to release the CC details of thousands of innocent people trying to make a decent living on a crappy wage just because of a vendetta against a government.

It's like the selfish idiots in high schools and college campuses who have issues with one person but decide to take the lives of 25 other people who had nothing to do with it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
They sound like a bunch of douchebags.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The release on new years better be better then this - and all this little stunt will accomplish is the government regulating the net. Congrats.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Feel the need to be a "big boy" do you?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This proves anon is a Gov agency probably CIA.
Do you people seriously doubt the coming response to this from the Government is going to be to immediately crack down on the net and any communication devices.
This was planned so that they can move to implementing RFID chips inserted into every man and woman and child's hand like it says in the Bible. Of course they'll say it's for our own security!
You people are fools if you don't see it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Godofgamblers

Let's not jump from A to Z just yet. Let's focus on B first please.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by questforevidence

Bloody hell I am in the list. That list is confirmed and valid. I'll be watching everything closely.

Don't feel lonely. So am I.

Apparently the numbers are quite a bit larger than I'd seen before. I spent quite some time trying to format the table on this page right for ATS to see, but heck with it... It's only a click away.

Identity Finder releases detailed stats of Stratfor Hack

I'll bet these numbers are ones everyone else has seen..but I hadn't. I have to keep fighting my knee jerk reaction to really get ugly about finding my own name among their 'conquests'. I'll simply rest well knowing there are people *FAR FAR* more dangerous than I could ever imagine being and FAR more upset than I am and they're on that list too...just like many of us here. Others will do what I'd like to see. I just have to remind myself this was a few individuals, at most, using the Anonymous Banner like a community coat, borrowed for a run across a freezing parking lot.

I look forward to learning WHO the specific individuals were. If the people this attack hit can't find them....it truly is a case of being 100% immune, and I don't believe ANYONE is quite that good. Well, let the games begin then. I'll sit over here with my burned account and my popcorn while I root for the Hunters bringing a little justice to some kids who just didn't know when to stop.

edit on 30-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: corrected quote

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

it's all the more starting to look like the gov't is behind this for their own agenda. anyone else think so?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I personally feel anonymous is a group within the group who are the NWO.

They also more than likely run this site in order to find out sentiment and to what extent people realize the goings on in different realms of their deceptive tactics.
edit on 30-12-2011 by yamammasamonkey because: Additional comment

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join