It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AntiSec and Anonymous release 860,000 Accounts and 75,000 stolen Credit Cards from STRATFOR hack

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Where is the credit card data? I need to know if I'm there too.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
So what? ...The government has illegal access to ALL OF MY DATA, thanks
to the (sic)Patriot Act

This just seems fair and right.

The government has nothing to hide, they always act legally, so why should they care....
That IS the popular sheeple argument isn't it?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well this is the FUTURE of fighting back.

If you protest in the streets, you get pepper sprayed and ignored. The CorpMedia only tells the story that fits the status quo.

A rich person doesn't go to jail like you or I any more.

So maybe people are disgusted at what Anonymous does. But I think a lot of us were disgusted at what was done to Bradley Manning.

I think that what he did was heroic -- maybe you think he should just shut up and do his job. Yet we put to death a number of German Soldiers at Nuremberg who tortured others and their only excuse was that they were "following orders." The REAL crime of WW II was starting a war of conquest -- not of self defense. Who has been punished for the "accidental" war on Iraq and the torture of prisoners? A token few who were seen in leaked photos. Harder to leak photos of someone authorizing the torture, however.

So Anonymous has done something a little evil. Maybe Bradley Manning has as well. But what evil has been going on that has not been addressed, will not be addressed, and is still going on?

The truth is always illegal and a threat to a Police State.

The CorpGov has spied on every American, every opposition leader, and wants a double standard on it's own privacy.

The claim of security for the CIA or the military doesn't hold much water for me. A lot of people probably died at Brewster-Jennings, and the same corporations who need MILITARY SECRETS because they make our weapons, are setting up shop in China -- so who really, are we being defended against?

Goldman Sachs is a greater threat to your future liberty than Al Qaeda ever was.

>> So when you make an omelette, you break a few eggs. This release by Anonymous might be the CorpGov or it might be a private citizen lashing out. There is no way to know. But I bet the response will be; "We need more cyber security control over the internet!" That's the response of thugs who have something to hide.

In a REAL Democracy, they wouldn't need all this secrecy to begin with, because they wouldn't be so busy screwing people over.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
To all of you saying that this for some reason will make SOPA happen, you do realise that SOPA is just related to IP, right? It's got nothing to do with hacking etc. SOPA is just designed by Hollywood to stifle "fair use". Hackers stealing CC info won't change make SOPA happen any slower or faster, they're entirely separate.

At any rate, it will be interesting to see if Anonymous' threat about releasing a mother load of info on new years is going to come true.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

These guys need to be in jail or a dbltap. Why do they believe that they are above the law or even common sense. these guys sux. Boo Anonymous, they are common criminals.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It's sad to me that these idiots think they are doing something grand when all they are doing is making the likelihood of a much heavier patrolled internet. They are helping to whisk in more legislation and invasions of privacy by the Federal Government. Anyone ever seen or read Clancy's Net Force? That is something that is becoming more and more of a reality with the more stupid stunts like this.

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by zeeon

Information just wants to be free!
Before everyone starts screaming "Oh Noes!" aren't we so often told "If you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to fear."?

I would like to think you were just being sarcastic as this isn't about hiding something. This is no different then if someone leaked your social security number etc to the general public. This is confidential information and not something to be spread around even if they are corrupt execs or politicians. This is no different then if those same corrupt people ran a smear campaign against you.

Alas the internet was a beautiful thing, but nothing good can last forever I suppose.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

SOPA is related to how fast we educate one another though isn't it? What starts happening when sites won't allow Youtube videos or anything of the like anymore within their own sites out of fear of ramifications if the wrong thing gets put up? What if instead of having to put all the time and resources into policing their own sites because they have to check every piece of work for a copyright label on it, they just cut out all audio, video, etc... from being put up on their sites. What happens when they start using this as a tool to control the information that is brought to you better?

SOPA is about a LOT more than the obvious of what you are saying. It's only a door that can be opened up much wider when needed. That is the point of my concern. I could care less about who is stealing what from Hollywood, music industry, etc...wouldn't watch any of that crap anyway. I am very concerned at the long term ramifications this will have on us communicating with each other, at the ability to educate ourselves, and what will be educated to our next generations outside of our control more than it is today.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Kids eh?

Can't live with 'em.....can't shoot 'em in the back of the head with a small calibre pistol

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon

Originally posted by princeguy
reply to post by zeeon

This has the potential to open a can of worms for all of us. I'm not completely sure if that's a good thing, or a bad thing. I don't really see how leaking info about Credit Cards is going to do any good for "We the people"

Yeah the blowback from this could possibly enable SOPA and other legislature that would hinder us, not help us. I really hope that doesn't happen.

What really boggles the mind is how could Stratfor REALLY store all this info unencrypted and plaintext? Clearly they have ties to the military industrial complex and intelligence agencies! Maybe it was arrogance? One wonders if other agencies, and corporations are doing business this way as well!?

Perhaps a false flag for the opponents of SOPA on the hill to scare the crap out of them to push it through?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

good on them, i dont know what its ment to achieve appart from a deathwish and making the government and allot of people angry, even our countries parlament member malcom turnbull was hacked, i say bring out the juicey stuff that everyone really wants to know

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Yes...this is what this is truly all about. We are doing absolutely nothing to protect them! The damage has already been done to us. The only thing we can do is break the cycle, or at least alter it enough to make it easier on them to do the same later.

Don't really find any humor at all in your comment and furthers my point.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wbf850
reply to post by zeeon

These guys need to be in jail or a dbltap. Why do they believe that they are above the law or even common sense. these guys sux. Boo Anonymous, they are common criminals.

Our goverment seems to believe that they are above the law, so why cant a group of anonymous people?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

The implications of this are pretty bad. Full CC info for THOUSANDS of government employees, including data from the CIA, FBI and Military.

They attacked the U.S. government." Pretty bad" is an understatement.

I have to agree. They have some pretty big balls. I think their techniques at staying anonymous are truly going to be tested after this release. I bet the feds are starting the scramble to contain the exposure of the release as we speak. I wonder what the fallout is going to be from all this. This has to be one of the largest government (well technically government / intelligence related) hacks / releases of all time.

They just opened every single Federal Employee up to ID theft. Right or wrong they, just punted a nest of killer bees. I fear for them, and for those who celebrate this.

But, better CC info then sensitive documents or schematics for advanced tech.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Did all of these people have something to do with causing this? Or were they just "targeted" (so to speak) because of their employer?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

The implications of this are pretty bad. Full CC info for THOUSANDS of government employees, including data from the CIA, FBI and Military.

They attacked the U.S. government." Pretty bad" is an understatement.

I have to agree. They have some pretty big balls. I think their techniques at staying anonymous are truly going to be tested after this release. I bet the feds are starting the scramble to contain the exposure of the release as we speak. I wonder what the fallout is going to be from all this. This has to be one of the largest government (well technically government / intelligence related) hacks / releases of all time.

They just opened every single Federal Employee up to ID theft. Right or wrong they, just punted a nest of killer bees. I fear for them, and for those who celebrate this.

But, better CC info then sensitive documents or schematics for advanced tech.

You mean like tesla tech? Free energy tech? Blacklisted medical information? There is good and bad in all info. The info itself is not bad...but rather how it is used and by whom.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
this will be funny if this is the government playing tricks on all of us. They get together, and cause a bunch of trouble on the internet. they call themselves anon. and say they are for the American people. then after a final showdown they will put their beloved internet censorship on. and they will have total control of the internet for Americas "protection", Sounds like an easy way to accomplish an impossible task. Just a thought.
edit on 31-12-2011 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2011 by Thisbseth because: Bad Spelling

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Okay, apparently the hackers are not up to date on laws. I'm all for going against corrupt government but all they did was mess with a beehive.

THINK ABOUT IT! NDAA passed! They could be considered terrorist and thrown in prison WITHOUT TRIAL! Who knows what they'll do to them there. Even worse, if they're mostly teens doing it for the 'lulz' I'd bet $100 at some point someone of the group will be asked, "Not funny now is it?"

Yeah, it was really funny. Thanks for ruining the internet for us. This will go down as the most epic trolling in history. Execpt the trolls won't be able to hide behind their computers anymore.

Now, if this was done by some other entity purly to push internet censorship that's another story...
edit on 31-12-2011 by Passafist because: spelling

edit on 31-12-2011 by Passafist because: (no reason given)
extra DIV
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
lol

when can i expect my share ?

happy newyears guys

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I have been reading through all of the replies here and taking notes, because there is a lot of ignorance going on here. Over 9000 examples as of yet.

- To the people who say "They should be double tapped or shot in the back of the head" lol really? We now condone violence like this on ATS. Good job, you have just hit a new moral low.

- SOPA and NDAA - are both going to pass, as well as H.R. 3166 (google it). The war has already begun. Consider this a return salvo for the current shredding of our constitution and bill of rights that the US Govt. is involved in. U Mad?

- Someone said "they will use this to shut down all of the TOR network relay/exit nodes" maybe the ones in the US. You really think other countries are going to abide by a US decision about the internet? Honestly? You have much to learn about the internet and the people who built it.

- This is a false flag/CIA/NSA operation. You have no idea who is behind the hack. I do. Trust me, not a false flag, members of the CIA or the NSA. The funny thing is, when you screw with the people that built the internet, they tend to fight back.

- annnnnnnd may as well let you in on this little secret now. Not all Anon's are "14-17 year old pimply face boys sitting in their parents basement". Some of them are 50 year old pimply face men sitting in their parents basement. They also collect My Little Pony.

- The fake press release was fake. It was also badly worded.

- Script Kiddies you say? These same "script kiddies" have hacked the U.N., the FBI (check out F### FBI Fridays for lulz) and a host of other places as well. You do realize STRATFOR was a security firm, right? Though there are script kiddies among us, there are also those of us that know wtf to do with a computer.

- Data Mining the emails - currently in progress. The discovery process on that many emails, and putting them in to an OCR'd (searchable) SQL database takes a minute. Patience friends =)

- Saying that the people at STRATFOR are true professionals. LULZ. These are the same knobs that left all of the personal and credit card info on their server unencrypted, which is also in violation of law and industry best practices. These same "professionals" also left their backup mail spools on the same server. yeah, some professionals.

- That Anonymous is "really that good". You bet your butt we are. Just wait until later tonight. Today's Hack-a-thon has already begun. More to come (>'.')>

- That Anonymous is "ruining the internet". You do realize what SOPA, NDAA and H.R. 3166 together are going to do right? If not, read more. really. read. more.

- oh yeah, someone said we just messed with the hive or something like that. Anon is the hive.

edit on 31-12-2011 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't see the big deal. E-mail addresses and passwords? If you dont know where to input the e-mail addresses and passwords in order to read the e-mails, then they are useless. Passwords can be changed anyway. Credit card numbers? One call and they can be cancled and a new number reissued. Without the security code on the back they are mostly useless online. Also, any money stolen can be reimbursed with one phone call.

So, what is the big deal?
edit on 31-12-2011 by K1771gnorance because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join