It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AntiSec and Anonymous release 860,000 Accounts and 75,000 stolen Credit Cards from STRATFOR hack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

that whole thing is full of contradictions. they are a security firm for the military, the gov, and celebrities. they didn't secure their data and they are a security firm. that all by itself is bizarre. then after being hacked, they offer to provide id theft protection for free for a year, globally, to their customers. ain't that like, too late? and what about year 2? do their customers have to pay for it then i suppose? oy. this is one inch closer to microchipped people. the new crimes will be people missing their hands and the front of their heads.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Perhaps this data is a setup and easy to hack but this will give them more arrest to be made now due to it is illegal and more then likely carries a heavy punishment giving up that info although it`s bogus info.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The thing is.. as great as it is supposed to be to them, It has just opened the door for complete censorship and monitoring of the net.

Go Robin Hood, it is one thing to declare yourselves targets by ruining a CEOs day, but to sacrifice the personal freedoms of unfettered communication to any point in the globe to every person, too damn much.

Personally since the data released is for Feds, I am now officially in the 'Schill" camp on Anon and their various satellite groups, Once again its an inside job!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Oh my God! I can't get over how simple these people's passwords are for their accounts.

Just take a look at some of them:

password
nopassword
potato
intel
target
testing
danag

Sorry, folks, but if you are using a password that is just a string of characters (all, lower-cased) and contains no symbols or any numbers, you are highly susceptible for having someone figure out your password!

The best passwords are decently long, contains upper-case and lower-case letters, and have symbols and/or numbers.

Something like: DredA$?eph*4 (courtesy of here)

Of course, in the event of something like a whole date-base of passwords getting hacked there really isn't much you can do except blame your company's security, but using a secure password will definitely prevent the fault from lying on your hands.
edit on 29-12-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: This text is green and italic.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
They should have given the dude a Xmas meal..cost $20, cost for not giving it him...millions.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
I wonder what the fallout is going to be from all this.

The fallout is going to be SOPA. Period.

Welcome to the world of false flags!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of you, there are too many coincidences. Part of the problem of being Anonymous is the fact that you and everything done is Anonymous. Now they have every justifiable reason to censor internet among other things. I have to admit, events that change the very fabric of society are happening at a staggering pace.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Maybe I'm way off-base, but I'm really wondering if this whole thing is fake, a sort of false flag to push through SOPA and even more drastic censorship measures that may not be able to go be pushed through otherwise?
Considering the timing.

Much like I am half expecting a false flag regarding Iran if Ron Paul does well in Iowa and NH in order to shut him down and paint him as a fool on foreign policy.

ETA: OK so I'm not the first with this theory. Regardless, yeah, I'm calling BS. Anon/Antisec just provided a perfect scapegoat for the perfect false flag. And the beautiful thing (for whatever PTB here) is that the nature of Anonymous being, well, anonymous, makes it almost impossible to prove that the whole dang thing was conjured up by some bluebloods in nice suits.
edit on 29-12-2011 by ladykenzie because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
They should have given the dude a Xmas meal..cost $20, cost for not giving it him...millions.

next time they threaten to hack stuff if bradley doesn't get what he needs, americans everywhere will start sweating, particularly the credit card poor. lots of those atm. in debt up to our eyeballs, so far, even the cc companies don't offer us new cards. lol and the price of everything just goes up and up and up.

link   
I have followed the hacks they have supposedly done and they leave me a little skeptical. Both this one and the one on Booz Allen Hamilton just reek of honeypot to me. Having some information on how the DOD and their contractors handle their data this does not make sense to me. I am willing to bet that the information on these servers that were "hacked" is over 5 years old and no longer valid just a guess. The Credit card information may be valid, but that opens up a new can of worms for anyone using them, now wouldn't it?

edit on 29-12-2011 by subject1145 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladykenzie
Maybe I'm way off-base, but I'm really wondering if this whole thing is fake, a sort of false flag to push through SOPA and even more drastic censorship measures that may not be able to go be pushed through otherwise?
Considering the timing.

Much like I am half expecting a false flag regarding Iran if Ron Paul does well in Iowa and NH in order to shut him down and paint him as a fool on foreign policy.

As far fetched as it sounds, the timing is impeccable. Anonymous does espouse the "Anti-SOPA" bandwagon (as do I) but it is interesting that they would do this which is really contradictory.

On the other hand, they have almost become militant now, and are using any and every tactic available (save killing people) to get their message across.

It's going to be an interesting new year for sure.
edit on 29-12-2011 by zeeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
LINK: Removed for

Originally posted by zeeon "link that here because it has links to the said illegal data"

...expressed by the OP.

Wow, here comes SOPA.

edit on 29-12-2011 by dreamingawake because: correction

edit on 29-12-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Anonymous Denies Hacking Stratfor

12/25/2011 THE STRATFOR HACK IS NOT THE WORK OF ANONYMOUS

Stratfor is an open source intelligence agency, publishing daily reports on data collected from the open internet. Hackers claiming to be Anonymous have distorted this truth in order to further their hidden agenda, and some Anons have taken the bait.
Anonymous Press Release

Wow, here comes SOPA.

That is supposedly a fake release. There was another pastebin "annoucement" after this one that re-confirms Anonymous and AntiSec did infact hack Stratfor.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Anonymous Denies Hacking Stratfor

12/25/2011 THE STRATFOR HACK IS NOT THE WORK OF ANONYMOUS

Stratfor is an open source intelligence agency, publishing daily reports on data collected from the open internet. Hackers claiming to be Anonymous have distorted this truth in order to further their hidden agenda, and some Anons have taken the bait.
Anonymous Press Release

Wow, here comes SOPA.

Stratfor is an open source intelligence agency, publishing daily reports on data collected from the open internet. Hackers claiming to be Anonymous have distorted this truth in order to further their hidden agenda, and some Anons have taken the bait. The leaked client list represents subscribers to a daily publication which is the primary service of Stratfor.

Stratfor analysts are widely considered to be extremely unbiased. Anonymous does not attack media sources. In this excerpt from Time, there is a brief description of how Stratfor analysts uncovered a possible US backed coup in Iraq preceding the US invasion.

This doesn't SOUND like some of lulzhackers wrote it..sorry....this sounds more like a "official" press release...do you seriously think those haxxors would write like that?
edit on 29-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

TOR addresses aren't under the control of ICANN, so what good would SOPA or PIPA be in removing such sites? A TOR address is shared via P2P.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
the entire anonymous concept is a pandora's box of epic proportions. if we thought the elite were power trippin' before, imagine what they will do when they can manipulate the planet like this. they won't even have to be accountable and no one will ever be able to prove it, because anonymous is "everyone."

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by zeeon

TOR addresses aren't under the control of ICANN, so what good would SOPA or PIPA be in removing such sites? A TOR address is shared via P2P.

They'd be able to find out which servers are acting as TOR Relays and shut them down using SOPA. A coordinated strike against multiple high bandwidth TOR relays would effectively shut the network down, or at the very minimum effectively cause a DOS attack and bottleneck the network, would it not?

Granted my knowledge of SOPA is limited, and I haven't read the entire bill. Just articles reporting on it.
edit on 29-12-2011 by zeeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You'd think this would be a little more acceptable AFTER SOPA was passed. I don't see what good it is before then. Makes you think.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
the entire anonymous concept is a pandora's box of epic proportions. if we thought the elite were power trippin' before, imagine what they will do when they can manipulate the planet like this. they won't even have to be accountable and no one will ever be able to prove it, because anonymous is "everyone."

Well said. Exactly what I was thinking. Now that the concept of 'anonymous' is out there and the general public sees them as a big bad hacking group whom protection may be needed from, how easy would it be to just say 'Uh oh America, in the same fashion as well-known hacking group Anonymous, a new anonymous, terrorist organization has popped up and are threatening to bomb ____. We can't name any names, but here's some text we found pasted online. It is urgent that we strip the following personal liberties: ___, ____, and ____. And expect big brother in these news ways: ____, __, and ___ ___ __.'

Not just (capital A) Anonymous, but unnamed, leaderless anonymous groups can be so easily invented and scapegoated as a perfect excuse for pretty much anything. The stage is set, and I believe that Anon has just the perfect image in the general public's eyes to spread and mold the general idea into whatever is convenient at the time for whatever elite powers may need an excuse. And I bet the public will eat it right up.

This very well may have been the authentic work of Anon/Antisec, it really doesn't matter either way. If this wasn't a perfectly timed false flag, you can expect one soon. It's just too dang perfect.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It begins! Glad I'm off tomorrow. Love to see how this trickles through the media monster. Now regarding the released files. It was mentioned to be government officials and staff but movie stars?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join