It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

yea well, that's the facts. What can I say. It's great when nobody dies. Holy, in fact. But when people make death inevitable, you exterminate the perpetrators of that state of affairs.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTJames
I wouldnt say its christianity thats doing the brainwashing as much as it is the catholic church. Pretty much all organized religion has an agenda, and im almost certain that the agenda is not to help people back towards God but rather a means to manipulate the followers to fufill the desires of the leaders, what ever those desires may be.

The bible is littered with contradictions and says little of what Jesus was like as an individual, the church has ommitted gospels and instead they have defamed Mary Magdalene and twisted the words of Jesus in order to justify hate in the forms of homophobia, sexism etc. So i can only conclude that hardcore fundamentilist catholic are indeed brainwashed.

I think you make some very valid points. I too believe it's the organization that has misrepresented & warped it – much evil has been perpetrated in its name – but that's people for you.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by LunaKat

So let me get this straight...cause its getting pretty late ...all you Christians are saying that those deaths were justified by a loving God?

The word "just" is irrelevant without God. And we all deserve to die the first time we sin against God, when He doesn't require our soul at the first sin we commit against Him is a testament to His patience, kindness, and love.

So, again, how are any of us "innocent" before a Holy and righteous God?

Uuuh if you believe that stuff..then that is a conundrum. I don't believe any of that.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Great bunch of morals you Christians got
No wonder it never makes any sense.

Definitely going to sleep now.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

Morality doesn't exist beyond the bedroom, according to the bible.

In Christianity, you do what you have to do in order to promote the best of the "code" Jesus speaks of.

Isaiah 58 explains it best. Especially this part.

“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?

I'm the type who breaks yokes. That's just me. If I have to punch a man unconscious to set a woman free, that's what I'll do. If I have to hold a man to a choke hold to stop him from throwing someone down the stairs, that's what I'll do.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So basically the commandment should have said "thou shall not murder, unless God commands you to do so"

The instant God commands it, it's no longer murder. Can we let God have His sovereignty for maybe 15 minutes?? Is that too much to ask, just let Him have 15 minutes of divine sovereignty??

I believe all killing is murder, regardless of the species... Animal or man... to abruptly end any sentient life is pure negative Karma...

"Karma", you mean the law of sowing and reaping? I though God gave man the animals for food?

And i still say OT God is not the true God.

Jesus disagrees.

How can anyone respect any being... God or human that plays by the rule "do what i say, not what i do"

You're claiming God murdered people. God requires ALL our souls at one point or another. And second after we first sin against Him and He chooses to prolong our judgment is grace on top of grace. We'll all stand before Him. He also tells us that vengeance is His alone, and to not seek it on our own.

We only have 10 minutes left now, can we humans give God permission to be sovereign yet?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

Again, I could quote Pontius Pilate here.

I can't for the life of me see or find anything immoral in what that chap, Jesus [the bloke behind Christianity] said or did, perhaps you can, or maybe zero might find a quote, but I doubt that.

night night.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunaKat
Great bunch of morals you Christians got
No wonder it never makes any sense.

Definitely going to sleep now.

Really? We're immoral because we let God be God?

Interesting.

You see, the fallacy in your premise is assuming that any of us are innocent before a Holy and righteous God.

None of us are.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
"Give us a child till he is seven and he is ours for life"- Jesuit maxim

If that isn't brain washing...have I got a bridge to sell to you!

I watched a CBC documentary on comparisons between cult brain washing and the catholic mass..

Same as the cult techniques, the catholic mass is one long cult brainwashing session
the not quite english is eriksonian hypnotism:
the bells, the kneeling, the hym, the prayer.
PASS THE COLLECTION PLATE,
the kneeling the prayor,stand up, sit down
PASS THE COLLECTION PLATE...

one sure way to open up a path to the center of the mind is through contradictions of which the bible is full of

another way is to erase history and replace it with a fictional history..thats BRAINWASHING

Brainwashing?
an invisible man in the sky is telling you
you have the freewill to vote the way the zionist on TV tells you to vote.

naw.... thats not brainwashing...
thats a firehose up the butt enema skullcapping hat laundry

edit on 30-12-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
All man-made religions involve brainwashing.

With all religions, the important thing is to get back to the reason for that religion.

Christianity should involve Christ, but often it does not.

Jesus Christ, Buddha, Mahommed - all I can tell you is this:

They would all be (and are) horrified at the so-called religions in their name.

Religion is something powerful people use over others.

Just get back to these gentle spirits and bypass so-called religion.
If only we could do this, it would be the end of war and suffering.

But, human nature being what it is....

So, yes, religion manipulates people - all religions.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

Uuuh if you believe that stuff..then that is a conundrum. I don't believe any of that.

Okay, well.. you aren't required to under penalty of death. You can thank Jesus before you go to bed that you don't live in an islamic theocracy. Your unbelief would lead to the permanent separation of your head from your neck.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Not to bring up the past, but I still remember when you posted that a man burned his wife's private parts because he had irradiated semen and had sex with her...and you actually believed this stuff.

I hardly believe your sources anymore without proper checks by more consistently true posters.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

"Give us a child till he is seven and he is ours for life"- Jesuit maxim

Ewww, that sounds really Marxish.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Why is brain washing bad though? Suppose you voluntarily did it to bound yourself to the constitution. Would that make brainwashing wrong?

We all engage in some form of brainwashing, both willingly and unwillingly. Until someone can prove that the act, alone, is bad, I don't think religion's tendency to brainwash people is necessarily bad. Fact is most people refuse to think for themselves, so it's better they end up under a good system than a bad system.

Personally, however, I don't think Jesus would not have wanted a religion, I don't think Muhammad would think his religion turned out too bad, and I think Buddha, though wanting no religion in his name, would be proud for what it ended up being.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Believing is different then knowing!
you have the right to Believe what ever you want up to the point reality sets in..
just sayin:
comments like that re Muslims, are exactly the opposite of everything this Jesus is said to have stood for
that comment re muslims is an out and out Satanism

this bit about christians being entitled to satanisms like that is exactly why people wonder how any one could possible believe they can commit all the satanisms they want because they are christians

NOW THATS BRAINWASHING!

a damn xian thought he had the right to genetically mutilate my whammy
if I ever get the SOBs name he will be finding out just how mistaken he was

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Just to cheer you up, I plan to do that to my son.

I really don't honesty see the difference between either one. A private part is a private part. If anything, having a tid bit cut off reminds you not to focus your life on sex.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The instant God commands it, it's no longer murder. Can we let God have His sovereignty for maybe 15 minutes?? Is that too much to ask, just let Him have 15 minutes of divine sovereignty??

God has always had his sovereignity... that has never changed.

"Karma", you mean the law of sowing and reaping? I though God gave man the animals for food?

Correct...

Technically Noah gave man the animals for food... Jesus was likely a vegan. He caused no harm within his ministry, though his childhood might be in question.

Jesus disagrees.

I wouldn't say that either...

He said not one Tith of the law will pass... the commandments still have not been changed.... because they all had to do with love... that has never changed. Perhaps the commandments were given by God, but much of the OT was written by men with agendas IMHO

You're claiming God murdered people. God requires ALL our souls at one point or another. And second after we first sin against Him and He chooses to prolong our judgment is grace on top of grace. We'll all stand before Him. He also tells us that vengeance is His alone, and to not seek it on our own.

No..

Im claiming The writers of the OT used the word God to murder innocent people and wrote it down... They were not commanded by the true God.

God has no need for vengence upon his children because we all return to him eventually...

We only have 10 minutes left now, can we humans give God permission to be sovereign yet?

IF the OT God is who you're refering to then no... i deny him of any power....

He/they are not My God... He/they are not the father of Jesus...IMHO

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

you are talking about the genitle mutilation of a child

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
The instant God commands it, it's no longer murder.

Do you realize how f_ed up that sounds??

(example......)
So, If I walk down the road, and kill a half dozen of my neighbors....its OK as long as I say, god commanded me to do it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

remember that woman in texas that dround five of her children because god told her to do it?
she got the death penalty or what?

She then stopped taking medication, mutilated herself, and read the Bible feverishly

secure.wikimedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join