It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Please, allow me? Bible orders people to kill? Yes, it most certainly does. It always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”.

Dear Jesus,.. *sigh*.

Who is "innocent" to God? And the command says "thou shalt not murder" in the Hebrew. Not all killing is murder.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LunaKat

Originally posted by autowrench
Please, allow me? Bible orders people to kill? Yes, it most certainly does. It always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”.

For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21).

I would give this post of yours 10 stars if I could Autowrench. Whenever I tell Christians that their God murdered people they don't believe me. Followed by the famous, "but thats the Old Testament." Ya! And thats the God their Jesus is trying to draw them to. He wants them to worship that Father --uh the one of the Old Testament. Same one.

Where do you people get the notion that any of us are 'innocent' before a Holy and righteous God????

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No not all of them but it's obvious that some Pastors use preaching as a way manipulate the innocent. As does the Bible manipulates people to turn against their fellow man and even Nature itself.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...cause its getting pretty late ...all you Christians are saying that those deaths were justified by a loving God? And that killing or murdering is like no big deal? You're all cool with it? A God like that?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

...of course they are! They have to be ok with that, or they are wrong and all of their religious relatives are wrong...and they will look stupid.

Can't have that.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

Lol and by thatLogic the Crusades and The Inquisition is also justified. That's Christian Logic for you :]

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

So let me get this straight...cause its getting pretty late ...all you Christians are saying that those deaths were justified by a loving God? And that killing or murdering is like no big deal? You're all cool with it? A God like that?

Are you serious?

I think you're confused. Christianity refers to the teachings and words of Christ, not Job or Jacob. The Bible is a collection of works, some were omitted when it was compiled, others included, but Christianity is based on a bloke named Christ [there's a clue in there].

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by chocise

Are you serious?

I think you're confused. Christianity refers to the teachings and words of Christ, not Job or Jacob. The Bible is a collection of works, some were omitted when it was compiled, others included, but Christianity is based on a bloke named Christ [there's a clue in there].

Here's another clue for you
He had a Father. One that He was sent to the Earth to bring sinners to. He always said it was for his Father...gee, wonder who that could be? It wasn't Bart Simpson. Hint --try the God of the Old Testament

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by autowrench

Dear Jesus,.. *sigh*.

Who is "innocent" to God? And the command says "thou shalt not murder" in the Hebrew. Not all killing is murder.

So basically the commandment should have said "thou shall not murder, unless God commands you to do so"

I believe all killing is murder, regardless of the species... Animal or man... to abruptly end any sentient life is pure negative Karma...

And i still say OT God is not the true God.

How can anyone respect any being... God or human that plays by the rule "do what i say, not what i do"

edit on 30-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by LunaKat

Lol and by thatLogic the Crusades and The Inquisition is also justified. That's Christian Logic for you :]

Can these god boys tell us how long they plan on keeping up the crusades?
I lost a good friend in desert storm, and even more in the next round of the crusades.....are they sure this piece of ground is really worth it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

Don't speak of such certainties ......unless you can Provide Evidence that Jesus and God existed

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chocise

Are you serious?

Here's another clue for you
He had a Father. One that He was sent to the Earth to bring sinners to. He always said it was for his Father...gee, wonder who that could be? It wasn't Bart Simpson. Hint --try the God of the Old Testament

Dearie me.

You have been completely brainwashed.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'm just completely blown away thats all. I've heard a lot of stuff in life...but to see a list of killings and for people to think aaaaaah they deserved it (or something like that)...no wonder this world is so screwed up. If thats what people think makes a good god ..we should let all the criminals in prison go free. They didn't kill as many people. They might be eligible for God-hood with these kind of values.

I'm going to sleep...thats enough for one day.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

But God knows. Therefore how could he be wrong.

It is a statistical fact that if you killed all the bad people on Earth, only good people would be left, and then bad would be only at a scale within good people.

Therefore I don't really see what's wrong with God ordering the destruction of people whom we today know to have been pirates rapists and murderers. If God is suppose to know everyone's heart, then he knows why they are being killed.

I guess I call that the "wall of faith". You'd only think it makes sense if you have faith in him to do what is right. Otherwise, how can it be viewed as right if you don't think God knows everyone's heart. It's an argument whose own clause cancels itself out, and ultimately has no relevance for mankind. If you believe God is right, then it makes sense. If you don't believe in God, then it doesn't matter, because to you he never existed. So why argue over it?
edit on 30-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I wouldnt say its christianity thats doing the brainwashing as much as it is the catholic church. Pretty much all organized religion has an agenda, and im almost certain that the agenda is not to help people back towards God but rather a means to manipulate the followers to fufill the desires of the leaders, what ever those desires may be.

The bible is littered with contradictions and says little of what Jesus was like as an individual, the church has ommitted gospels and instead they have defamed Mary Magdalene and twisted the words of Jesus in order to justify hate in the forms of homophobia, sexism etc. So i can only conclude that hardcore fundamentilist catholic are indeed brainwashed.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BillyTJames

I've always been a bit skeptical on that in terms of the catholic church because it's essentially ruled by men 10 years away from death.

The Catholic church only really did true evils and "sins" when it was in control by younger men, or controlled through younger men who owned the older men. Example of most prominence being the Borgia family, 500 years ago.

When looking at the church today, it's all old men. What could they possibly hope to gain? They will be dead by the time they can gather enough power or money to do it. This is, in my opinion, why the only real problem in the church today is sex scandals. Because a bunch of old men whom never had sex would have the need to do so before they die.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No not all of them but it's obvious that some Pastors use preaching as a way manipulate the innocent. As does the Bible manipulates people to turn against their fellow man and even Nature itself.

Didn't Christ warn to beware of those false Christians? The wolves in sheep's clothing? It's my conjecture that Christ warned to beware of them because they would infiltrate the body of Christ, pretending to be sheep, and would deceive and lead astray many.

Prophecy fulfilled.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by LunaKat

But God knows. Therefore how could he be wrong.

It is a statistical fact that if you killed all the bad people on Earth, only good people would be left, and then bad would be only at a scale within good people.

Therefore I don't really see what's wrong with God ordering the destruction of people whom we today know to have been pirates rapists and murderers. If God is suppose to know everyone's heart, then he knows why they are being killed.

I guess I call that the "wall of faith". You'd only think it makes sense if you have faith in him to do what is right. Otherwise, how can it be viewed as right if you don't think God knows everyone's heart. It's an argument whose own clause cancels itself out, and ultimately has no relevance for mankind. If you believe God is right, then it makes sense. If you don't believe in God, then it doesn't matter, because to you he never existed. So why argue over it?
edit on 30-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

Yeah well... if a lot of people feel this way --that its ok their god does this...I don't feel too good about a lot of people. If that is their highest ideal...I don't even want to know their middle and low.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

What is nature? And why should man follow it?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

So let me get this straight...cause its getting pretty late ...all you Christians are saying that those deaths were justified by a loving God?

The word "just" is irrelevant without God. And we all deserve to die the first time we sin against God, when He doesn't require our soul at the first sin we commit against Him is a testament to His patience, kindness, and love.

So, again, how are any of us "innocent" before a Holy and righteous God?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join