It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

God has always had his sovereignity... that has never changed.

I agree 100%. I meant when are we humans going to stop judging God and let Him be sovereign.

Jesus was likely a vegan. He caused no harm within his ministry, though his childhood might be in question.

You're forgetting the times He ate fish with the apostles.

He said not one Tith of the law will pass...

No, He said not one jot or tittle would pass from the law till all be fulfilled, and I came to fulfill."

the commandments still have not been changed.... because they all had to do with love... that has never changed.

CORRECT!!! Love is the fulfillment of the law. Check out Romans 15. Christ's two commands were 1. Love God, 2. love your fellow man. That's it, that's the reason Christ said His yoke was easy and His burden is light. 2 commands instead of 613.

Perhaps the commandments were given by God, but much of the OT was written by men with agendas IMHO

The heptadic structures underlying the text destroys that idea. It would be impossible for any human to duplicate the coding structures of the text. Check out the discoveries by Dr. Ivan Panin.

edit on 30-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

It's bad religion then. God invites you to go to places where you are weak in faith in and let him power you.

It's lame to stay in a church all your life. Christianity was meant to move.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
OP,the answer is...

Yes,yes it is.
Its for the weak minded,religion is for the weak minded.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

And on what authority do you say that? 500 years ago the best scientific minds were all Christian. It changes per generation, but there is no indication that religion is for the weak minded.

Do you simply ignore the 1.2 billion Chinese whom overwhelmingly gobble up atheism as a state belief? Not all of course. But many do.

No, religion is neither for the weak nor the strong. It is a choice. And has no proof to your intelligence. Richard Dawkins is a very smart atheist. Sir Issac Newton was a very smart Christian.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I agree 100%. I meant when are we humans going to stop judging God and let Him be sovereign.

When they learn to compare biblical scripture with Jesus...

You're forgetting the times He ate fish with the apostles

Yes this one of the amazing proofs he was from God... Fish have no nerve endings that create pain... Thus he still inflicted no harm... He ate no meat but fish, which are the fruit of the sea...

No, He said not one jot or tittle would pass from the law till all be fulfilled, and I came to fulfill."

You know what i meant...

CORRECT!!! Love is the fulfillment of the law. Check out Romans 15. Christ's two commands were 1. Love God, 2. love your fellow man. That's it, that's the reason Christ said His yoke was easy and His burden is light. 2 commands instead of 613.

You know my issues with paul... but im glad we agree.

The heptadic structures underlying the text destroys that idea. It would be impossible for any human to duplicate the coding structures of the text. Check out the discoveries by Dr. Ivan Panin

I think you might look around a bit... there has been mathmaticians that completely deny panins Hetadic codes... theres even a cpu program written in C that can duplicate the same mathimatical structure in almost any book.

The entire bible could not be inspired... logically if it were there would be no errors... right?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

mm, you do bring up an interesting point on meat. Man was never suppose to have it. God gave it to them after the flood because, well, there probably wasn't a whole lot of plants.

Now I don't know if fish have no pain, but I think Jesus may have caused pain from, say, turning the tables over. He took out the whip, literally. Also perhaps emotional pain. I imagine at least someone got hit by something flying about.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

Taoism is in my opinion one of the best Eastern examples of what St. Justin Martyr called the "spermatikos Logos" (seed of the Word). Most religions contain this, and some more than others (Buddhism> Hinduism, Native American Spirituality> Paganism> Occultism and Gnosticism, Judaism>>>>>Islam), because within the depths of the soul of every human being is the Nous. That part of us that retains the pure image of God. Usually covered in garbage, and it rarely exerts itself, though the spiritually minded person will know it as that gaping hole that aches to be filled. Anyway, the Tao is almost synonymous in essence with the Greek, and later Christian concept of the Logos. In fact, Heraclitus was writing of the Logos in Greece, as Lao Tzu was penning the Tao teh ching, while Isaiah was preaching that Immanuel would be born of a Virgin and that God would send his Word to accomplish His will. Any Christian who does not appreciate the Tao Teh Ching is a narrow minded fool. Also, interesting to note, is that before first being called Christians in Antioch, we referred to ourselves as "followers of the Way".

Yes, Christ is the only way to return to Heaven and be restored to communion with God, but until the final judgment, nothing is final. The lake of fire will not come until the last judgment, and that same fire will be for those that love God, the refiners fire. Christ entered Sheol once to deliver the captives and He can do it again. Still, the night is coming where no more work can be done, so it is best to meet our Father now and grow in love and communion with Him, rather than wait til the end to meet him and discover that our eternity is to be spent with a Father we do not know and the shame and contempt of the sins we never faced.
edit on 30-12-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I suggest some of you watch the movie 'Jesus Camp', then contribute to the thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ztruthseeker

I suggest you study Christian history and decide if that form of Christianity is authentic or not.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Perhaps more indoctrination that brainwashing but ultimately I believe that religion is an effective way to bring masses of people under state control

One can argue the relative merits of the state but perhaps civilisation is predicated on some form of general belief system

After all a society is characterised by shared norms and values and without the pontiff perhaps these shared values would never have emerged

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Akragon

mm, you do bring up an interesting point on meat. Man was never suppose to have it. God gave it to them after the flood because, well, there probably wasn't a whole lot of plants.

Now I don't know if fish have no pain, but I think Jesus may have caused pain from, say, turning the tables over. He took out the whip, literally. Also perhaps emotional pain. I imagine at least someone got hit by something flying about.

Fish have no pain nerves...

Its a biological fact... though that does not include all fish.

edit on 30-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

NO NO AND NO AGAIN...IMHO... Christianity is not brainwashing. There are however I believe probably some Religions due to the total LACK of God involved that resort to nothing more than Brainwashing techniques. Just to help everyone out here I've taken the time to look up the definition of "Brainwashing" for everyone. Christian faith is not built on this, it can't be forced. It's nothing more than a choice, in this world of total information availability, brainwashing would have to include complete isolation almost, again IMHO.
MIND CONTROL : refers to a process in which a group or individual "systematically uses unethically manipulative methods to persuade others to conform to the wishes of the manipulator(s), often to the detriment of the person being manipulated".[1] The term has been applied to any tactic, psychological or otherwise, which can be seen as subverting an individual's sense of control over their own thinking, behavior, emotions or decision making. In Propaganda: The Formation of Men's Attitudes.
It has been my experience with Christianity that one of the basic beliefs is that God is like a Father, and even though he wants the best for his children, he gives them each FREE WILL

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

Westboro Baptist Church

edit on 30-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
To be fair the brainwashers tend to be found in fundamentalist Xtian sects or individuals. Of course the fundamentalists have an intense dislike of more obviously liberal (i.e. non fundamental ) churches.

The most obvious tendency is the amateurs disbelief of evolution.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” - Mahatma Gandhi

I have some experience about that brainwashing. As you can see I live in the Philippines. This country has different kinds of Christians. Each of which are battling out for the most followers and to fight who has a much better route to Jesus and God. Some people spiral out of their reasoning because of the trash made by this different followings, doing things that is not within the boundaries of the religion itself, and the leaders of each movement controls what to believe and what not to believe. Sometimes I pity them for their confusion.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I am a Christian and I don't feel individual spiritual paths are brainwashing because you are making your own decisions based on your thoughts. However, I went to church this Christmas and I felt something I have never felt before. It was weird to me. I was in the back with a bunch of people facing one person. He would say something and we would respond collectively....I felt like a zombie.

Is Christianity brainwashing? Anything could be brainwashing with the right techniques. One could argue that Countries brainwash their citizens all the time. How the government has a stranglehold on the media should indicate to the citizens that some form of pro-government subliminal messaging would be in the background.

I personally think that everyone should be practicing their religion on an individual bases. That way no one is too powerful to corrupt the rest.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
all religion that imply you to follow something withouth giving you concrete fact and verifiable thing.... is brainwashing you.
however im more inclined to follow somebody that doesnt tell me to trust him ,but that give me fact that i can verify everyday thing like "dont do to somebody something you didnt want to be done to you" (sorry for my broken english but it something along the line).
Like george carlin i rather pray the sun god. I think as well that what we are cosidering as god, are probably those who put us in this earth but we were too underdeveloped to figure it out at this time and we are still ...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Christianity considers belief without evidence a virtue, while belief without evidence is a vice, or neutral at best. Thats one sign of brainwashing. Another sign is making non-belief a punishable offense (by damnation), which is a form of thoughtcrime characteristic for brainwashing.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

And on what authority do you say that? 500 years ago the best scientific minds were all Christian. It changes per generation, but there is no indication that religion is for the weak minded.

But,you see,the difference is,i don't judge people on what they are,or what they believe in.Too me,i don't care if scientific minds were Christian or not,it doesn't make any difference to me.

Do you simply ignore the 1.2 billion Chinese whom overwhelmingly gobble up atheism as a state belief? Not all of course. But many do.

Hey,dont turn this on me,its like joining the military,you signed up for it,not me.That applies to however many "million" or "billion" of people,from whatever race,practice this mumbo-jumbo.

No, religion is neither for the weak nor the strong. It is a choice. And has no proof to your intelligence. Richard Dawkins is a very smart atheist. Sir Issac Newton was a very smart Christian.

Religion is stupid,silly and destructive,just like bad governments and populous.There has been several "smart" people over our "known" history,religious or not,it doesn't make any difference,stop pretending like religious people are different races,you just believe in different imaginary friends,that's the only difference.

Have fun.

Cheers

edit on 30-12-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

Thanks kallisti for your posts very informative and I think your way of thinking,
I have read alot about Religions and decided that Religion is just a way for some people to try to control others, I believe in God, my God isn't a Christian God, Jewish or anything he is MY God.
I hate the word Religion because it is man made, I have no word for what I call my beliefs because there is no word to describe my relationship with my God.
I think we are born knowing right from wrong, something inside us tells us and you can ignore it or you can take heed of it.
The problem I have seen with Christians on this site (Not all but a good portion) is the amount of hate they have against Islam and any other Religion they don't follow, you can read statements saying Islam is the Devil/should be wiped off the planet etc. The Muslim people who respond have not once said Christianity is wrong nor evil they all seem peaceful people. I know this from personal experience living in a place with a high population of Muslims and consider some of them my very good friends.
They say things about the Quran which are just lies, or take statements out of it which are really out of date and think that Muslims follow the book to the letter (sound familiar?).
At the end of the day we are all human and have the right to believe anything we want, but we also have the right (as children) not to be brainwashed into believing something that you can not fully understand at that age.
When I was a child I said I believed and followed Jesus because I was scared of not following him because I didnt want to go to Hell.
I think that it should not be allowed to force kids to goto church, let the kids grow into their own minds and then let them make their own choice which faith if any to follow.
Cheers all MonkeyBless

edit on 30-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join