<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Gorman,

Are you serious?

I just had to laugh.

Yes, Jesus wanted a religion - one that followed His beliefs - not most churches.

Buddha wanted peace - look at that saint on earth the Dalai Lama - what an entity!

And Mohammed did not want terrorists and murderers sanctioning their evil ways in his name.

My point is this: If there are spiritual leaders, they teach love.

And if there are no spiritual leaders, maybe we should search our souls and find that love.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I don't see anything nonfunctional. The equivalent done to the female is the removal of the entire head. That's mutilation. Everything still works for the male one. I'll do what I want.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Well no, not necessarily. L Ron doesn't teach love. He teaches profit.

Jesus would point to people like me, who give reproof. He would also give me reproof.

Muhammad would say those terrorists are defending themselves over idol worship of the dollar. Though I don't think he would agree with their methods.

And Buddha. what about the llama? He seems cool.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

And congratulations for showing the ignorance of one person and calling it the problem with an entire religion.

Jeez. All 1.2 billion Muslims really must want to bomb us. After all, those terrorists read the quran!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

well I think that justifying genitle mutilation because god says so....
while saying other peope who do it are doing it wrong?
and where did christ even say go and mutilate your childrens genitles?

Brainwashing!

A lawyer for the Monsey Hasidic rabbi suspected of transmitting a fatal case of herpes to a baby boy during a circumcision said yesterday that the practice of suctioning blood orally is thousands of years old and integral to the religion.

www.cirp.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

No, not because God says so. Because I don't want my child to focus on sex. In fact, I would rather he was born asexual and free of all sexual emotion. I've wasted so much efforts chasing after women. And as soon as I stopped, the right one came to me. I shall teach my child otherwise.

Also CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN. One case of herpes. Therefore EVERY CIRCUMCISION must be wrong. Right! Right?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

And congratulations for showing the ignorance of one person and calling it the problem with an entire religion.

Jeez. All 1.2 billion Muslims really must want to bomb us. After all, those terrorists read the quran!

what are you talking about please..
can you stay on topic....

or are you demonstrating to make the OP's point backwards?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I am demonstrating that thus far, most of your points come from fringe and extreme cases. And you use this to demonize billions of people.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I think that was THREE cases of herpes
article be read.....

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

3 /= 3,000,000,000 whom do circumcision.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I am demonstrating that thus far, most of your points come from fringe and extreme cases. And you use this to demonize billions of people.

please where have i demonized the people that killed 70 million of themselves in the last world war?
so some zionists could get some money, some power and some women?
you know the bankers jebus smak downed in the temple?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

You know that they also created every other nation in Arabia? At the same time?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Ron Paul is not a religious leader as far as I know.

In fact get rid of Ron Paul - he is all you Americans go on about (yawn).

The Dalai Lama is not a llama - a llama is a cute little animal.

But I stand by my statement - and I would like a terrorist to tell me why he or she thinks that Mohammed will stand by his or her evil acts.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

The terrorist would tell you that the Americans bomb their lands and kill their people. The leaders of the terrorists would tell you (if they were speaking the truth), that they just want power. It's hardly religious insomuch as invoking God to defend them in what they view as righteous. In their eyes, America is 300,000,000 consumers whom don't care about anything but their idols. And they wouldn't be far from the truth.

I do not condone them. I simply see the logic of their argument, and feel sad that they fall for the words of evil men whom in reality just want power and authority.

as for Ron Paul, what the hell does he have to do with anything?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
me thinks Christianity was originally intended to control the masses after the roman empire collapsed. and is still today oppressing people. but at the same time i think Christ was probably real and had a good message if you see through all the bull#. And that is to love you're neighbour as yourself. This is an ancient method that predates Christ though. Me thinks Christ was trying to free the jews from the f'ed up law of moses n thats why they killed him.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Jesus quoted the old testament when he said things about love.

Jesus said he was following Moses' law, and the law of Moses had his message in it. In fact, his golden rule comes from it. And in Leviticus, of all places.

Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself"

"But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

a damn xian thought he had the right to genetically mutilate my whammy
if I ever get the SOBs name he will be finding out just how mistaken he was

WHY? Your wife should thank the man, she's now 80% less likely to suffer from cervical cancer sometime in her life.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

There is no benefit for circumcision. It's a sacrifice. It's a cultural artifact that was for a closed community.

It's not irrelevant. But don't think it necessary for salvation.

I will continue the tradition, but I don't think of it as anything relevant to God. Just a cultural identity.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Organized religion? Yes...

For me, religion is much more simple than most denominations make it out to be. Love God (whatever you call him), and love you neighbor, even your enemy.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm going to answer this from the Traditional Orthodox side

Originally posted by autowrench
Does Christianity forbid asking hard questions about its doctrines?

Not if it's a new question. All Dogma is essentially apophatic, in that the best way to express a divine mystery is by defining what it is not (i.e. Christ is NOT created). Many of the early heresies caused horrible rifts in the Church that in those days, often turned violent. When the Church democratically affirms a Dogma to stand outside of that is to be directing your own perception against the Body of Christ. As for secular questions, a good Christian should have a relationship with God and let the scoffers scoff. Apologetics are alright, but I've never met anyone who was argued into the faith, especially in this day and age of the relativity of information.

Does Christianity forbid questioning of its leaders and their doctrine or behavior?

As an Orthodox Christian, I have an obligation to stand up to any Priest or Bishop who corrupts the faith by teaching or action. At the Council of Florence, when the Byzantine Emperors wanted to sell the Church off to the Latins for protection against the tide of Islam, one Bishop had the courage to stand up against the Council, St. Mark of Ephesus. When the other Bishops returned home, they were defrocked by the people and run out of town.

Do Christian organizations whose primary focus is fundraising, and who may even resort to deception in order to line the pockets of their leaders? Is it not true that some of these leaders live in luxury, while the one paying them live in poverty?

Yup, but that isn't all of Christianity, especially not Orthodoxy. Even among the Evangelicals, you have people like Billy Graham who disclose all of their financial dealings.

Do Christians not target young people, the elderly, and others who might be vulnerable to exploitation?

Again, some. Most converts to Orthodoxy I've met are young College graduates, especially ex-Evangelicals who ran into theological problems when studying history.

How can Christians be so sure they're right and everyone else is wrong? Isn't that arrogant? Isn't that evidence of a large ego?

A Christian with an ego is no Christian at all. The particularist claims amount to this: there are plenty of moral teachers (the Golden Rule isn't unique to Christ), but only one of them is the God who so loved the World, He sent His Word to become incarnate, and took on our human nature and all of the suffering we've ever experienced as a race (sin and it's consequences) and destroyed it so that he can bring us back to Him. This is a God who intimately knows His creation. Christ did not come to make good men bad like the other religious leaders, He came to make dead men live. That is why He is superior.

Is Christianity is intolerant of other beliefs?

To some extent. Anything that ties you to the world or your ego, such as idolatry and hedonism, is wrong and will ultimately separate you from God which no compassionate Christian would wish on another. Judaism misses the point of the OT that God is salvation (YAH-shuah) and is waiting for an earthly Messiah who can only save in an earthly sense (I have other objections, but that's the heart of it, and I'm running out of room). Islam is an inherently violent religion (and thank God, most Muslims are better people than their Prophet) and at it's heart has a God who is entirely unrelatable to, because he is not simply One (unity) but a singularity (as opposed to the Trinity) and therefor cannot truly be loving because love cannot exist in a singularity. Paganism is spiritually dangerous and usually just ego stoking, because it isn't a passed on tradition, but rather a modern "re-invention" in the participants image. Occultism is much the same except inherently dangerous. There's no such thing as Hinduism. Some of the schools of religion of the Indus valley are simply fables, others demonic mystery religions, others relatively benign philosophy, and some very good spiritual food, but not complete.

Buddhism contains exceptional moral teachings and is the philosophy I direct all of my atheist friends to, hoping it will open them up to the spiritual truth that the "impersonal force" leaves you hungry and that Truth is a person.

to be continued, I need room to address Taoism..

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join